Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMangowaffle
Stranger

Those that supply restaurants, what do you do if you can't fulfill your orders? (due to contam, etc)
    #24831200 - 12/07/17 04:46 AM (5 days, 3 hours ago)

Hey guys,

I've just started supplying a couple of local restaurants with weekly deliveries of Oyster mushrooms. I was curious though, for those of you that do this, what happens if you can't fill your orders for some reason? I know it's bound to happen one day due to contaminations or other unforeseen issues.

What do you tell your customers? do you offer them a discount or anything?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSangoma
Guardian
Male User Gallery

Re: Those that supply restaurants, what do you do if you can't fulfill your orders? (due to contam, etc) [Re: Mangowaffle] * 1
    #24833210 - 12/08/17 03:59 AM (4 days, 4 hours ago)

One option is to make contact with other small-scale mushroom farmers in your area and call on them when you're not able to meet your targets. You'll have little to no profit when reselling but at least you can help ensure a consistent supply to your customers, with the added plus of supporting your local growers from time to time.

If the above is not an option then it's a good idea to communicate with new customers and let them know that there may be occasional shortfalls in delivery.

It's also not a bad idea to keep your weekly sales volumes below your expected production (maybe 80%), at least until you have your system dialed-in and you feel confident about hitting your targets.

--------------------

Offlineodawg
Male User Gallery

Loc: France
Re: Those that supply restaurants, what do you do if you can't fulfill your orders? (due to contam, etc) [Re: Sangoma]
    #24833287 - 12/08/17 05:58 AM (4 days, 2 hours ago)

You can simply explain to your customers that by growing mushrooms you depend on various containts, the main is that fungi are a living organism.
You don't produce industrial stuff. You depend on "nature"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms