Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Loc: In your brain
No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms
    #24830859 - 12/06/17 09:31 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms

Josh Sweigart Staff Writer
1:05 p.m Monday, Dec. 4, 2017 Crime

People who register with the state of Ohio to legally use medical marijuana will be prohibited from possessing firearms under federal law, according to guidance released by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

In an open letter to federally licensed firearms dealers, the ATF advised in 2011 that marijuana is still a Schedule I controlled substance under federal law so any use of the drug is unlawful, and gun dealers are prohibited from providing guns or ammo to anyone they have cause to believe uses pot.

“There are no exceptions in federal law for marijuana purportedly used for medicinal purposes, even if such is sanctioned by state law,” the memo says.

The law applies to more than just buying guns. The ATF letter says marijuana users are prohibited from “shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition.”

Anyone applying to purchase a gun from a licensed dealer must sign a form attesting he or she is not “an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance.”

“Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside,” the form notes.

Lying on the form is a felony under federal law, punishable with up to 10 years in prison.

“There is definitely a conflict between the state laws and the federal laws,” said Joe Eaton, southwest Ohio spokesman for the Buckeye Firearms Association.

It’s not clear how to reconcile that conflict, he said, “We are confused as everyone else at this point.”

When Ohio’s medical marijuana program becomes operational in September 2018, Ohioans will be able to register to use cannabis if they have a recommendation from a physician saying they have one of 21 qualifying conditions.

Industry analysts have estimated as many of 24 percent of the state’s population – or about 2.8 million Ohioans – have a qualifying condition.

The conflict between federal firearms laws and state cannabis laws has flared up on other states.

In Hawaii, Honolulu police last month told residents who had medical marijuana cards they have 30 days to turn in their firearms to authorities, according to reports in the Honolulu Star Advertiser.

The Associated Press reports that a federal circuit court of appeals ruling on a case out of Nevada found that the federal ban on the sale of guns to medical marijuana users doesn’t violate the Second Amendment.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime--law/guns-ohio-medical-marijuana-users-won-able-have-firearms/th1VxfawP7LNhFikF34ZTO/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline420_psychonaut
altered states
Male User Gallery

Loc: San antonio TX
Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: D.M.T]
    #24830864 - 12/06/17 09:34 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

guns don't kill, marijuana kills.

--------------------
:vaped::jointsmile::bongload::ganja::jah:im what u might call a "pothead":potleaf::getstoned::gethigh:

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: 420_psychonaut]
    #24830994 - 12/06/17 11:02 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Guns don't kill, Americans do.  :shrug:

Still pretty stupid though.

OfflineDr. P. Silocybin
Would you like fries with that?
 User Gallery

Loc: The Great Divide
Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: chibiabos]
    #24831064 - 12/07/17 12:03 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

So you can buy a gun if you are on the no fly list.

But you can't buy a gun if you use medical marijuana?

makes sense :facepalm:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: Dr. P. Silocybin]
    #24831276 - 12/07/17 04:54 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I'm no really a gun guy.  But it seems the feds think it's ok to be all hopped up on diluided, oxycontin and amphetamines with guns but not weed.  Not to mention booze.

Can't even think of all the times alcohol and guns cause problems.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24831303 - 12/07/17 05:43 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

This assumes marijuana users like guns in the first place.

BUT HEY its Ohio.

They have an interesting breed down there, like in cincinnati. The hybrid hippie/redneck. Also i think some of the best bud i ever found was actual some Northern Kentucky stuff (i am Not from that area, i just happened to get fire there beating most dispensary LA buds)

I like the lifestyle of (some) of those people. Seems chill. Allloootttt of drinking compared to what im used to

They love their weed and they love their guns. I dunno about deep ohio just cincinnati.

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Invisiblepuff4200
Natural born lever puller

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: Fractal420]
    #24831399 - 12/07/17 07:39 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Cincinnatis a bit different than the rest of ohio, the south really bleeds into the culture down there.

This whole no guns thing with medical marijuana is not suprising. There is no state that allows you to have guns and medical marijuana, feseral governament already released multiple statements prohibiting gun ownership with medical marijuana. Most states seem to be following at least that.

OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: puff4200]
    #24831426 - 12/07/17 07:54 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

growers practically need guns most of the time. out in the woods in the middleof nowhere w bear n big cats plus the constant threat of rippers. i always kept a heater on the farm.

--------------------

Offlinegandalfe
Gandalfe
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: puff4200]
    #24831741 - 12/07/17 11:13 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

A very interesting breed.Cincinnati is the serial Killer capital of the USA, with countless  fun guys, fondling their booze and guns.

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: gandalfe]
    #24832336 - 12/07/17 03:41 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Ohio is practically Indiana.

Edited by chibiabos (12/07/17 04:17 PM)

InvisibleDrRedBush
I'm unpasteurized
Male User Gallery

Loc: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: D.M.T]
    #24832623 - 12/07/17 06:05 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Yet alcohol and guns are ok. just more backwards thinking

InvisiblerhizoRider
Mycorrhizally expanding
 User Gallery

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: DrRedBush]
    #24832633 - 12/07/17 06:14 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

These are the WORST statements big brother makes.
Yea guys
It's OK to have guns as long as you only RECREATIONALLY use alcohol or cannabis lmao
Or are a blatant liar.
What a fucking joke. :rofl:
Teach honesty and compassion
Not control and hypocrisy.

--------------------

InvisiblerhizoRider
Mycorrhizally expanding
 User Gallery

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: rhizoRider]
    #24832638 - 12/07/17 06:16 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Btw our fathers of "government" allowed the citizens to bear arms
Incase they needed an ass kicking.
Gotta love the tech world nowadays. 
Paranoia is Digitized :shocked:

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: rhizoRider]
    #24832705 - 12/07/17 07:03 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I've visited sites where these people are openly called drug addicts
On this one website I mentioned people there read the title of the article and it gets re-posted as only the title of the article and the sub-header and these bigots go all out.
It's really scary stuff. Hint: mostly trumpers

Edited by Konyap (12/07/17 07:04 PM)

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: Konyap]
    #24835228 - 12/09/17 06:08 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Yep, lot's and lot's of 'Trump necks' in Ohio!

There is a republican belief not yet stated that mj users are anti-Government.  A sentiment that goes back to the 1960s.

Apparently if you use cannabis and have free will and don't agree totally with the Republican establishment, your anti Govt.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24836978 - 12/10/17 02:02 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Pot is generally accepted in cincy it seems to me. Very much so in my experience

And drinking hard liquor with every meal lol. Almost russian style

Actually russians can usually hold their liquor and know when to stop (for the individual, before they get sick)

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: DrRedBush]
    #24839240 - 12/11/17 08:53 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Can't even think of all the times alcohol and guns cause problems.

I know exactly the amount ov times a substance like alcohol or a tool like a gun has caused problems itself.... zero.

Quote:

DrRedBush said:
Yet alcohol and guns are ok. just more backwards thinking

A human should be able to use a substance or a tool to hir own discretion.  It is backwards thinking to forfeit individual choice to paranoid potentials any time.

--------------------

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: lavod]
    #24840661 - 12/11/17 10:00 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I have never once heard of anyone, political, being perfectly harmless, because, then, forced participation would not be practical.

Disarmament is used against their rivals, only.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: durian_2008]
    #24841379 - 12/12/17 06:35 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Pretty sure the 2nd amendment doesnt directly give the right to bear arms by individuals.

seems to be how gun lovers interpret it

"2nd amendment! Fuck yeah!"

And Theres that famous All in the Family episode where they debate what it really means. I really dont think it means "you there, yes, you! Ever wanted a gun? Of course you have! Well did you know your founding fathers wrote in the consitution that youll always be able to be armed, so that the federal government can be kept in check. Lock n load!"

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" - that could mean the police, and likely does. However. If the police ever become a true enemy of the people (ahem) and they keep systemically (ahem) not protecting, i guess it allows the foundation of another militia to protect from the original federal govt if so needed. If this was done, it would be considered a scary fringe terror group. Reminds me of like BritainFirst or some shit.

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: Fractal420]
    #24841688 - 12/12/17 11:07 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
I know exactly the amount ov times a substance like alcohol or a tool like a gun has caused problems itself.... zero.

Correct!  But there are many crazy people who can't handle the responsibility. 

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
Pretty sure the 2nd amendment doesnt directly give the right to bear arms by individuals.

seems to be how gun lovers interpret it

"2nd amendment! Fuck yeah!"

The supreme court has ruled that it does, perhaps incorrectly.

InvisibleMollyLucyMaryJane

Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #24844338 - 12/13/17 05:20 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

This is worse than it just being illegal.
They are basically saying weed makes people violent or crazy..

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: No guns: Ohio’s medical marijuana users won’t be able to have firearms [Re: MollyLucyMaryJane]
    #24847975 - 12/15/17 02:00 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

They are militarized, in spite of a tradition against standing armies, but, according to the philosophical ideal against coercion, a petty clerk or public servant should be disarmed, and have to call upon a responsible citizenry, when he is overwhelmed. I don't think anyone, at all, would have a problem, with some kind of boyscout, helping old ladies cross the street, and rescuing cats from trees, and taking things out of the road. You would help someone like that.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom