Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Delicious Bacon

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
Cats and shrooms: An experiment
    #2482980 - 03/30/04 09:52 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

OK - please nobody get mad at me. I'm thinking about giving my cat a mild dose of shrooms - about the equivalent of a 2-3 gram human dose except making it relative to his body weight. I've been wondering for awhile if it would have any effect - I mean, is a cat's brain advanced enough to trip? Has anybody done this?

If you think I'm being cruel, please be assured that I'm realy not that type of a person - I'm simply a scientist and this particular 'experiment' has been on my mind for quite some time. Whaddya think?

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Cats and shrooms: An experiment [Re: jimsuzo]
    #2483045 - 03/30/04 10:19 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't recommend this... imagine if somebody fed you psychedelics and you didn't know what they were or what was going on... respect the beauty and enlightenment that is the feline experience. and yes, animals do trip in nature - but it is of their own accord, not by being tricked into eating mushrooms that are wrapped in fish or some other tasty morsel. If you want to be ethical about it, then leave out a small dose of shrooms in your cats bowl, and let it decide if it wants to eat them or not... but then again i think that all animal testing is wrong.

search for a thread called "dosing my pet" or something like that in the Pub... this discussion went on for quite some time.

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Cats and shrooms: An experiment [Re: Krishna]
    #2483049 - 03/30/04 10:22 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Here is the link: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rt=all&vc=1 to the previous thread about this same topic...

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2483059 - 03/30/04 10:25 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Web of Spider on LSD:

Web of Spider on Caffiene:

So, it's okay if j00 give j00r pussy some acid, but for the love of God; DONT ADMINISTER COFFEE TO THE POOR CREATURE!! :wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #2483110 - 03/30/04 10:44 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I'm simply a scientist and this particular 'experiment' has been on my mind for quite some time.

Why not try something worthwhile to science, like injecting yourself with antifreeze to see if you would trip, rather than torturing a poor animal with no understanding of what your doing to it.

Fucking sick.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Loc: HellTrack
    #2483125 - 03/30/04 10:57 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Your no scientist your a sick twisted mean fuck.If i knew where you lived id kick your ass.That is a horrible thing to do,and it has NOTHING to do with science.Science is not done in your living room to a pet,it is done under controlled circumstances in labs.And even then i think it would be horrible.What would be the big breakthru you make from watching your cat bug out on shrooms?None other that you sick amusement.
you say your not that type of person,yet you are gonna do it in the name of science,well jeffrey dahmer said the same stuff when he was a little boy.People like you should be locked up.
Your disgusting!

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #2483130 - 03/30/04 10:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

one time my friend came back from the cow pastures with a big ol grocery bag full of fresh shrooms.

he set it on my couch and we got to bullshitting about this and that- eventually we started haggling about price.

Then I noticed my cat had stuck his head in the bag. I called his name and he jerked his head toward me real quick the way cats do. He was chewing a cap and had peices of it all over his face.

he was kinda crazy for the next few hours. he ran around and chased stuff that wasnt there for a little bit, but mostly he just sat in a chair looking very alert.

this same cat had eaten some acid off my floor a couple years earlier (also by his own choice) so I think he knew what he was doing.

(note: I do not advocate giving cats drugs. I did not give my cat drugs; he took them)

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

Re: Cats and shrooms: An experiment [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2483134 - 03/30/04 11:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well that doc is a completely different story,this sicko wants to do it for amusement.

OfflineAtreau
wait....what?

#2483144 - 03/30/04 11:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Not cool, not cool, not cool!

Would you give a kid shrooms without telling him or her just in the name of 'science'? Pretty sick, man.

-Atreau

Offlinekendes
mr
Loc: south east england
Re: Cats and shrooms: An experiment [Re: snatchcakes]
    #2483153 - 03/30/04 11:17 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

we once made an ommelett with 700 libity caps, 4 eggs and bacon to make it nice and chewy just what you need anyway the trip was outstanding and it emmerged that the cat had got stuck in the smell of the meat anyway answer is yes they trip the cat went into the bathroom and was seen staring at the wallpaper the same as some of the humans but i do not agree with cats doing drugs they should stick to cat nip.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2483206 - 03/30/04 11:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Here are two exmples where it doesnt seem like anything bad happened to the cat. Look, I think if you just put a mild dose according to your cats weight in a bowl or something and see if its willing to eat it or not would be just fine, its what would happen in nature isnt it? But tricking your cat to eat shrooms is another thing, dont do that...

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Invisibleshriek

Re: Cats and shrooms: An experiment [Re: filthysock]
    #2483226 - 03/30/04 11:56 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

no actually cats doesnt eat mushrooms of any sort naturally :smile:

i think feedin animals with psycadelics is animal abuse , cats knows themself, like all other animals, where to get their kicks they dont need humans to feed it to them..

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

#2483232 - 03/30/04 12:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

What is the sick desire some of you have to see an animal trip?Save the mushrooms for your self,the cat might eat the mushrooms,but thay certainly dont know what it is.They certainly arent sitting around going Hmmm wonder if i can score some cubes from my master?Its just sick A cat might eat rat poison too,but you dont say ,well it was ththe cats choice,they did iit on there own so its fine.No because the cat is an animal it doesnt know any better.Animals trust us because we care for them and are suppose to love them,so when you give them a bowl of mushrooms they may very well eat it,that certainly does not make it ok.If you put a bowl full of mushrooms in front of a baby,he may very well eat it,does that make it ok?I hope none of you that would do it have children or ever do,because i feel very bad for them.If you really cared about anyone or anything but your self you wouldnt even consider it. :mad: :shake: :nonono:

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Cats and shrooms: An experiment [Re: shriek]
    #2483238 - 03/30/04 12:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"no actually cats doesnt eat mushrooms of any sort naturally"
Do you know this for a fact? If thats true they would have it in their instinctive experience to not eat something that smells like mushrooms do. Leaving a (few) shroom(s) on the floor somewhere and seeing if the cat would eat it or just sniff at it would be ok.
People do worse stuff to animals all the time, not saying its good, but from alot of the experimients there have been results that have turned out usefull to our knowledge and evolution...
Sorry if this doesnt make sense, I'm baked as of now.

--------------------

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

#2483246 - 03/30/04 12:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Just because people do worse,doent mean that its ok to do things that are "less" bad.Your an idiot filthy sock.crawl back in the hole you crawled out of.Ive seen your stupidty before and there is no sense in arguing so Ive stated my mind,but ill tell you right now i would have no problem whatso ever turning your asses into the police if i knew where you lived.Your parents must have been very mean people. :shake:

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2483248 - 03/30/04 12:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

snatchcakes said:
I hope none of you that would do it have children or ever do,because i feel very bad for them.If you really cared about anyone or anything but your self you wouldnt even consider it. :mad: :shake: :nonono:

And thats where I stop taking you seriously..?.

Do you even know what you're talking about.  If a cat took a walk into the forest one day and came back tripping where's the differance than leaving a dosage according to its weight on the floor.  If cats have liked mushrooms through evolution they will eat it anyway.

--------------------

Edited by filthysock (03/30/04 12:09 PM)

Invisibleshriek

#2483255 - 03/30/04 12:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yea i know it for a fact . i doubt you find any predator that eats mushroom naturally. soem lawn eaters do but they only eats it because it comes together with the grass like cows and sheeps-

and just because peopel do worse stuff to animals that isnt an excuse to do bad things yourself and feeding cats psycadelics at home as no scientific value bro

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

#2483257 - 03/30/04 12:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

read the post before your last you dumbass.Your so stupid it amazes me sometimes.This is the last comment i make because ive said my peace,your a fool.why do it at all?is it fun for you.Is it cool to watch defenseless animals run around high?That sounds like good old European humor alright.I would beat you in the head with a hammer if i saw you doing it.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2483286 - 03/30/04 12:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No, its not fun for me to watch animals high, and I dont shove shrooms in their faces, i've never blown weed in an animals face and I have never given an animal any type of drug. So dont jump to conclusions. My point is there is nothing wrong with a cat eating mushrooms on his own will (like in the forest or from your bag of shrooms by accident). Thats all I'm saying, and if its true that mushrooms dont intentionally eat mushrooms, then you shouldnt force a cat to do it either. Thats all I'm saying, and I'm willing to shut up about this topic and I hope you do to... before this turns into a pub fight or something.

--------------------

Invisiblesnatchcakes
Rad Dude

#2483291 - 03/30/04 12:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If you had actually read my previos posts you would have read that i said that if it happens by accident or something then thats a different story all together,but actually you said it was ok to leave some on the floor and let your cat try them.So read other oposts and your own a little more carefully before doing a 180.Im done this isnt OTD it just makes me very very angry.I am a animal lover.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Delicious Bacon

Community >> The Pub