Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Help understanding the temp/seasonal preference of cyans?
    #2482741 - 03/30/04 05:23 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hi yall.

I'm trying to get this down about the ideal conditions for cyans, which happen to be about the best thing I think I can hope to find. I'm in CA, the bay area.

My wife and I have been out a few times, but never found anything. We're tried areas around SF(and south of), El Dorado forest(too high?), and Pt. Reyes area - although not enough time spent there.

Anyway - I've been doing tons of research(mainly working the search engine here). A few things I find conflicting/confusing that I would like to ask clarification on, if you'd be kind enough to help:

1) - Since the seasonal preference is fall/winter, and most folks refer to the colder temps in discussions about them, I assume that there may be a certain maximum temperature. However, I read other accounts that speak of "those late rains in spring as things warm up". Which is correct? Is there a certain temp that's too hot?

2) - The "season" is fall, as from Oct - Jan. I've read accounts of finds in March, but not in April. Is that because April is generally too warm? What if you had a year where it got warm for a bit, but then cooled and took some rain - would that present a decent chance? Anything close to the chance you get during winter?

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your knowledge with me.

Cheers,
Grizz
Fishstudy@earthlink.net

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Help understanding the temp/seasonal preference of cyans? [Re: Grizzy]
    #2482854 - 03/30/04 08:20 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

These aren't scientific answers at all. But I'll give you opinionated ones.

1) Once HIGH temps get above 55 degrees, the chances of finding them go way down. "Warming things up in spring" would hurt already slim chances of finding them.

2) Even with a late season cold blast, the odds of finding them would be extremely rare. So slim that I would give myself less than a 1% chance of finding them here in the rainy northwest, prime hunting area.

I've never heard of ANYONE finding them in April. Hope that helps.

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: Help understanding the temp/seasonal preference of cyans? [Re: Stymee]
    #2483881 - 03/30/04 04:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you. It helps a lot.

My main wonder was whether or not a brief cold spell would set if off, and apparently - that's not the case.

I guess they trigger based on a sustained period of cold, followed by high humidity and/or rains? Due to the fact that the only obvious difference between fall is the time of daylight - I wonder also if they trigger based on time of sun in the sky, as cannabis does?

Thank you again. I find all this very interesting and enjoy exploring the aspects of nature, be it physically out there exploring or simply here, on this forum - exploring in the mind and learning.

A huge thanks to this forum for providing such an excellence place for knowledge. I can only imagine how many people it's SAVED from eating the wrong shrooms already. Just what I've learned in the last week here is more than I've learned elsewhere over the last year.

You folks are awesome. Cheers.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification