Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMetallica93
Stranger
New to mushrooms; combating depression
    #24827129 - 12/05/17 03:10 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Howdy. Just made an account because I'm starting to get serious about trying mushrooms to fight depression (and anxiety, I guess) and have a few questions for you experienced folk:

- the Imperial College London study I'm referencing used one 10mg dose (pure psilocybin capsule) and one 25mg dose seven days apart. Based on a Reddit comment, it appears that ~1.6g of dried mushrooms would hit the 10mg mark while it would take about 4g of dried mushrooms for the 25mg one. Does that sound accurate?

- how do I test anything I get? This is my first time with drugs and first time using the Tor browser, so I'd like to have as much peace of mind as possible.

- will taking 35mg of psilocybin every 5-6 weeks (minimum) significantly alter my tolerance? I have no way of knowing when the decline will start. If I'm lucky, I'll react like the lucky bastards in the study who were still feeling it after three months!

- do any U.S. users here have stuff brought into the country? My friend in The Netherlands would gladly assist, but I'm scared about Customs :frown: On the flip side, a German ex sent booze-filled chocolate no problem, but that's a bit different than truffles, lol.

Thanks in advance, guys and gals! Any help gets me that much closer to freedom from this shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNothingsChanged
Striving for Excellence
Male User Gallery

Loc: North/Western WA Flag
Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: Metallica93]
    #24827134 - 12/05/17 03:21 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Knobody has stuff brought into the US. Thats illegal.

Tolerance does build up quick but you will be good within that time frame you describe.
Those don't seem like microdose. Microdoseing is non presevable amounts like .05 gram.

The search feature is great source for information.

Welcome.

--------------------

OfflineMetallica93
Stranger
Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: NothingsChanged]
    #24827358 - 12/05/17 08:25 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NothingsChanged said:
Knobody has stuff brought into the US. Thats illegal.

Tolerance does build up quick but you will be good within that time frame you describe.
Those don't seem like microdose. Microdoseing is non presevable amounts like .05 gram.

The search feature is great source for information.

Welcome.

Of course it's illegal. Doesn't change the fact that people still do it. I'm just wondering what Customs might do if they found out my friend sent me truffles.

I didn't mention micro-doses anywhere.

And yes, it is. I've used it.

Thanks for the welcome, though, lol.

OfflineUniverse Unknown
Copes Enthusiast

#24827368 - 12/05/17 08:36 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Metallica93 said:

Of course it's illegal. Doesn't change the fact that people still do it. I'm just wondering what Customs might do if they found out my friend sent me truffles.

They will fuck up your life. You can check the security & safety forum for some horror stories on people who get caught with drugs. Have you thought about growing instead?

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: Universe Unknown]
    #24828010 - 12/05/17 01:59 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

You can look into 4-ACO-DMT which metabolizes into Psilocin (the active compound in mushrooms) as well and see how that goes, it's easier to dose but you'd need a cheap mg scale. Shrooms vary in potency so it's hard to gauge exactly the dosage you're taking, but i'd say 3.5 grams to 5 grams, maybe up to 7 grams will help medicinally, anything below 2 to 2.5 grams is just a waste and you probably won't get much if any medicinal benefit from it. Some people say low/piss ant amounts of Shrooms are awesome but i highly highly doubt that, i mean i know 2 to 2.5 grams especially of good potent Shrooms can still be strong, but most likely 3.5 to 5 grams of good potent Shrooms would be a good medicinal dosage, plus there's different levels of effects that come out depending on dosage, and so a lot of people miss out on the benefits and experiences that can happen with more moderate to high dosages because they stick with low doses.

Also it may be worth looking into Ayahuasca or Psilohuasca, as the MAO-A inhibition with the DMT or Psilocin helps as well with depression and can even make the experience more guided and Entheogenic as well as medicinal ime/imo.

You can also take a dose of Psilocin once a week, especially with MAO-A inhibition, tolerance seems to diminish over about 5 to 7 days or so and with MAO-A inhibition you could perhaps even get away with dosing it twice a week. Ayahausca/DMT can be dosed as often as you want since DMT has no tolerance.

--------------------

Edited by Sabnock (12/05/17 02:56 PM)

OfflineMagicNDelicious
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: Sabnock]
    #24828255 - 12/05/17 03:47 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Metallica.  Welcome to the forum.

LIke you, I'm looking into mushrooms for both depression and anxiety so at some point, maybe we can compare notes.

Regarding your thoughts about bringing them into the country - be careful.  REally careful.  If you were alluding to using the darknet (tor browser), WillyMyco's youtube channel has some helpful info, and some good cautions on going that route.

Or...

You can do like a lot of us here, and grow your own.  =)  Ordering spores is legal, and the materials you purchase at a store won't cause any suspicion.  May take a little longer, but the peace of mind is probably worth the wait.  There is tons and tons of info on the web, in these forums, and in books to guide you through the process.  Not only that, but growing your own will put you much closer to the experience as well.

And as for dosage... well I'll have to respectfully disagree with the poster that suggested you take 3.5-5g.  I get it, that if you're experienced and you know what's coming, you can handle a high dose like that - but to suggest that a first-time user approach what Terence McKenna calls a 'heroic dose' seems kind of irresponsible.

It doesn't sound to me like you are wanting a blast off into another realm, so 5g is going to be way, way too much.  I don't have enough experience to make a rational suggestion for you, but there are plenty of trip reports with dosage mentioned that can give you an idea.

Microdosing would be taking sub-perceptual amounts.  A lot of people claim that's between 0.25 and 0.5 grams.  James Fadiman suggests doing that every 4th day for a set length of time, and really reflecting on how it affects you.

Just do what you're doing - research - and make an educated decision. 

Best of luck to you, and happy tripping my friend.

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: MagicNDelicious]
    #24828291 - 12/05/17 04:01 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MagicNDelicious said: And as for dosage... well I'll have to respectfully disagree with the poster that suggested you take 3.5-5g.  I get it, that if you're experienced and you know what's coming, you can handle a high dose like that - but to suggest that a first-time user approach what Terence McKenna calls a 'heroic dose' seems kind of irresponsible.

It doesn't sound to me like you are wanting a blast off into another realm, so 5g is going to be way, way too much.  I don't have enough experience to make a rational suggestion for you, but there are plenty of trip reports with dosage mentioned that can give you an idea.

I started out with Ayahuasca as my first Entheogen, and i did it by myself, for 4 and a half years on a regular/consistent basis with all kinds of dosages and by far have more experience with Aya than other Psychedelics. Other Psychedelics (like Shrooms or LSD) seem gentle/weak compared to Ayahuasca so far, Ayahuasca is the king so far ime.

People need to realize you can't take 1 or 2 grams of mushrooms and get a full on medicinal effect/benefit from it, that's a weak dosage even for potent Shrooms. Psilocin isn't even all that intense, especially compared to oral DMT, i mean it can no doubt still be intense/powerful but oral DMT is by far more intense/powerful. There's a reason people say to go for at least 3.5 grams, people pussyfoot around with low dosages not knowing there's an entire level of effects and experiences as the dosage goes up, and along with that, it becomes way more beneficial. It's not about "tripping balls" or "blasting off", it's about medicine. Anytime i've taken low dosages of Shrooms or 4-ACO-DMT, i personally haven't gotten anything medicinal or beneficial out of it, it wasn't until i took 50mgs of 4-ACO-DMT that i really started to witness the magic/benefits of Psilocin, most i've done of Shrooms would be 5 grams of cubes, though they could've been a bit weak but 50mgs of 4-ACO-DMT seemed to get the job done pretty well.

But by all means, take low doses if it makes you feel more comfortable, lol, but most people who swim in shallow waters will never know what Psilocin can really do, imo, and they most likely wouldn't get the full benefits. 2 to 2.5 grams of Shrooms is a nice dosage range ime with potent homegrown Pink Buffalos and Golden Teachers, but definitely nothing beneficial came from any of my 2 to 2.5 gram doses, most benefits i've had came from 3.5 grams to 5 grams of Shrooms or 30 to 50mgs of 4-ACO-DMT, with and without Harmalas. I find the addition of Harmalas to Psilocin (whether Shrooms or 4-ACO-DMT) to be really medicinal, and perhaps better than Shrooms or 4-ACO-DMT on their own, look into Psilohuasca, also with Psilohuasca you wouldn't have to use as much of the Shrooms or 4-ACO-DMT because the MAO-A inhibition potentiates it.

My advice for a first timer, go for a good dose, don't pussyfoot around, research beforehand, learn how to approach them and how to calm yourself down if need be, and you'll be fine. Low doses are for wussies, i honestly don't see how people have such bad experiences with Psilocin, lol, DMT i can understand but not Psilocin (at least in common dosages).

--------------------

Edited by Sabnock (12/05/17 05:39 PM)

OfflineMetallica93
Stranger
Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: MagicNDelicious]
    #24828995 - 12/05/17 10:16 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Universe Unknown said:They will fuck up your life. You can check the security & safety forum for some horror stories on people who get caught with drugs. Have you thought about growing instead?

Awesome. Didn't even notice that sub-forum. And no, I do not plan on actually buying shit from The Netherlands. I was merely interested in stories like that, lol.

Switching from ketamine research to mushrooms, my first thought was to grow, but, at this moment, I only plan on buying ~5g at a time. Ideally, that would last upwards of three months, as indicated in the study. Buying seems easier.

Quote:

MagicNDelicious said:(Good advice. Great advice. Just really great advice, really.)

Hey there and thanks! Hope you've been besting your brain chemistry as I hope to!

I should clarify that I'm not actually importing mushrooms. I just wanted to know the consequences. It just sucks having a friend who's absolutely willing to help. All she wants in return is watermelon-flavored Sour Patch Kids, man. lol

I answered above why I don't see growing as beneficial in my circumstance, but the long and short is that taking <5g (in two, different doses) every 2-3 months seems so much simpler to buy than to grow. And yes, I mean buying through the Tor browser. I wouldn't know how to create a reliable contact outside of that :frown:

Yeah, absolutely not on the higher doses. My anxiety would most likely fucking wreck that trip. I love all you guys and gals that go for recreational use, but this is purely medicinal. The ability to enjoy my life again will be a big enough trip, for me, haha.

Quote:

Sabnock said:(Two messages' worth of knowledge.)

Wow. Lots to cover here:

1) I mean no offense by this, but, if you're this experienced, shouldn't know you that psychedelics are quite subjective? To say that you highly doubt other users' experiences at lower doses seems pretty close-minded. You're also the first person I've seen recommend anything higher than 2.5g of mushrooms to a beginner. Not sure how anything less is a waste, especially if that's what the study used for the first dose.

2) Being new, I plan on sticking to that study; I prefer having hard numbers to fall back on. That said, the information you provided could very well help me in the future if this doesn't do the trick, so thank you.

3) The general consensus, thus far, is that 10mg and 25mg of psilocybin equate to, on average, 1.6g and 4g of shrooms (which I'll be knocking down to 1.5g and 3g because I like to pussyfoot, apparently, lol). I'll let you know how it goes since you seem to either have medical issues that aren't depression or depression that responds well to one drug over others.

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

#24829093 - 12/05/17 11:45 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Metallica93 said: 1) I mean no offense by this, but, if you're this experienced, shouldn't know you that psychedelics are quite subjective? To say that you highly doubt other users' experiences at lower doses seems pretty close-minded. You're also the first person I've seen recommend anything higher than 2.5g of mushrooms to a beginner. Not sure how anything less is a waste, especially if that's what the study used for the first dose.

2) Being new, I plan on sticking to that study; I prefer having hard numbers to fall back on. That said, the information you provided could very well help me in the future if this doesn't do the trick, so thank you.

3) The general consensus, thus far, is that 10mg and 25mg of psilocybin equate to, on average, 1.6g and 4g of shrooms (which I'll be knocking down to 1.5g and 3g because I like to pussyfoot, apparently, lol). I'll let you know how it goes since you seem to either have medical issues that aren't depression or depression that responds well to one drug over others.

Subjective doesn't equate to dosage and the different levels of effects you get from different dosages. It's simple, lower dosages just do not offer a good mental reset, breaking out of a depressive mindset, resolving/working through of issues, perspective/perception shift, expansion of consciousness, mystical/religious/spiritual experience. And it's not closed minded at all to say lower dosages ain't shit, it's actually quite closed minded for people to be so careful and take such low dosages. Do not start out with anything less than 2 to 2.5 grams, 1 to 1.5 grams is not enough for medicinal benefit, and 2 to 2.5 grams most likely won't be enough for the medicinal benefits either, it may be enough for something but people need to learn that different effects come at different dosages and that if you want to use a medicine you can't just go with the bare minimum and expect some amazing result, go for 2 grams at least, most people don't even get much from 2 grams, and i would absolutely recommend a beginner to start off with 2/2.5 to 3.5 grams, i started off with Ayahuasca even though people are all like "you shouldn't take Aya on your own, especially if it's your first Psychedelic", but i say fuck that, people can take Aya or Shrooms or whatever else on their own, with a good dosage, and be just fine. People need to stop freaking out over anxiety, learn how to relax/let go and go for it.

But by all means, go for whatever you wanna go for, but i'm pretty sure you'll be disappointed with anything less than 3.5 grams. Lower dosages can cause some anxiety and panic without much of an experience happening, and some people feel that anxiety and then are even more cautious of going further even though as the dosage increases more effects come out which kinda make it easier for you to go through the experience. If you're going to go for 2.5 grams or less, try taking it with some Syrian Rue seed or B. Caapi vine, or Harmala extract, you'll get the most out of lower dosages then, plus you'll get more of an anti-depressant effect, just make sure to take the Shrooms about 10 to 30 minutes after the Syrian Rue/Caapi/Harmalas so that gut MAO-A is inhibited when the Psilocin is consumed so it will be properly potentiated.

If you want the real/true medicinal, therapeutic, and spiritual benefits of the mushroom, 3.5 to 5 to 7 grams is most likely the dosage range for you, sure start out low and work your way up if you feel it to be necessary, but me personally i like to dive on in, you get way more out of an experience with a full dosage. Even low dosages of oral DMT can still be pretty intense and kinda cool, but the real benefits come out with moderate to high dosages.

--------------------

Edited by Sabnock (12/05/17 11:52 PM)

Offlinemeah
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24829223 - 12/06/17 04:22 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sabnock said:
Quote:

Metallica93 said: 1) I mean no offense by this, but, if you're this experienced, shouldn't know you that psychedelics are quite subjective? To say that you highly doubt other users' experiences at lower doses seems pretty close-minded. You're also the first person I've seen recommend anything higher than 2.5g of mushrooms to a beginner. Not sure how anything less is a waste, especially if that's what the study used for the first dose.

Subjective doesn't equate to dosage and the different levels of effects you get from different dosages. It's simple, lower dosages just do not offer a good mental reset, breaking out of a depressive mindset, resolving/working through of issues, perspective/perception shift, expansion of consciousness, mystical/religious/spiritual experience. And it's not closed minded at all to say lower dosages ain't shit, it's actually quite closed minded for people to be so careful and take such low dosages. Do not start out with anything less than 2 to 2.5 grams, 1 to 1.5 grams is not enough for medicinal benefit, and 2 to 2.5 grams most likely won't be enough for the medicinal benefits either, it may be enough for something but people need to learn that different effects come at different dosages and that if you want to use a medicine you can't just go with the bare minimum and expect some amazing result, go for 2 grams at least, most people don't even get much from 2 grams, and i would absolutely recommend a beginner to start off with 2/2.5 to 3.5 grams, i started off with Ayahuasca even though people are all like "you shouldn't take Aya on your own, especially if it's your first Psychedelic", but i say fuck that, people can take Aya or Shrooms or whatever else on their own, with a good dosage, and be just fine. People need to stop freaking out over anxiety, learn how to relax/let go and go for it.

But by all means, go for whatever you wanna go for, but i'm pretty sure you'll be disappointed with anything less than 3.5 grams. Lower dosages can cause some anxiety and panic without much of an experience happening, and some people feel that anxiety and then are even more cautious of going further even though as the dosage increases more effects come out which kinda make it easier for you to go through the experience. If you're going to go for 2.5 grams or less, try taking it with some Syrian Rue seed or B. Caapi vine, or Harmala extract, you'll get the most out of lower dosages then, plus you'll get more of an anti-depressant effect, just make sure to take the Shrooms about 10 to 30 minutes after the Syrian Rue/Caapi/Harmalas so that gut MAO-A is inhibited when the Psilocin is consumed so it will be properly potentiated.

If you want the real/true medicinal, therapeutic, and spiritual benefits of the mushroom, 3.5 to 5 to 7 grams is most likely the dosage range for you, sure start out low and work your way up if you feel it to be necessary, but me personally i like to dive on in, you get way more out of an experience with a full dosage. Even low dosages of oral DMT can still be pretty intense and kinda cool, but the real benefits come out with moderate to high dosages.

Hi, i would make some question to you,i'm very interested in this topic.Did you say aya/psiloh are better than shrooms themselves in treating depression/anxiety?
About the amount u spent enough words,i would listen your opinion about the presence of mao-i.And if aya/other forms with mao-i are better for psychological issues,there is something shrooms themselves are better for? Sry for all these questions,i'm very interested in deal decennial depression/anxiety

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: meah]
    #24829848 - 12/06/17 12:21 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

meah said:Hi, i would make some question to you,i'm very interested in this topic.Did you say aya/psiloh are better than shrooms themselves in treating depression/anxiety?
About the amount u spent enough words,i would listen your opinion about the presence of mao-i.And if aya/other forms with mao-i are better for psychological issues,there is something shrooms themselves are better for? Sry for all these questions,i'm very interested in deal decennial depression/anxiety

Yeah i'd say it's definitely worth a try. The MAO-A inhibition itself can be used as an anti-depressant, but combined with DMT or Psilocin, it's definitely the better way to go imo. I mean Shrooms by themselves is fine, but i do think the combo of Psilohuasca is better, the Harmalas add a lot to the experience and makes things more Aya-like, which gives a guiding feel to the experience, also helps to ground you and makes the teachings clearer, also might help negate some of the possible side-effects of Shrooms by themselves (including calming some of the anxiety going into the experience). I'd say Aya/Psilo-huasca is definitely the better option for depression, idk about treating anxiety with it but i think it's worth a shot, although Psychedelics on their own are just as capable but i feel the MAO-A inhibition and other effects of the Harmalas really adds to things.

If you try out the Aya/Psilo-huasca route, just make sure you're not taking certain drugs or medications like SSRI's, anti-depressants, stimulants like amphetamines or MDMA, you want to avoid certain drugs/medications, but you don't have to fast or undergo any diets or anything since the Harmalas in Aya are reversible and short acting inhibitors of MAO-A and as such do not interact with Tyramine. You can use Syrian Rue seed or B. Caapi vine for the Harmalas, or you can use a freebased Rue, Caapi, or purified Harmala extract.

Also if the Psilocin is properly potentiated by the Harmalas/MAO-A inhibition, the duration can be stretched out to about 9 to 12 hours depending on dosages, and a lower dosage of Psilocin can be used for a full experience.

I've read many reports/reviews from people about Psilohuasca and nearly all of them said they recommend the combo compared to Shrooms by themselves, a lot of people like it apparently and i can see why, it's pretty cool.

--------------------

OfflineRR8
Loc: True North Flag
    #24830892 - 12/06/17 09:49 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Hi Metallica,

I'm on the same boat.  I have been researching mushrooms for depression and anxiety for the past few months.  This is the first time I read suggestion for first time psychedelic user to dive in at 3g or higher dose.  I must have read over a hundred posts that say start low at 1.5-1.75g then work the dose up, so Sabnock's view is quite...unique.

My understanding is starting at high dose will increase the risk of terrifying experience, anxiety and perhaps even psychosis.  That's why I want to proceed with caution, especially when dealing with treatment resistant depression.  I supposed you look into psychedelics because you have already tried all the "conventional" medications, treatments, and therapies but nothing worked. 

I also read the Imperial College and Johns Hopkins's research.  It seems like in order to maximise the therapeutic potential from the mushrooms experiences, the followups with therapists are an extremely important part to integrate the experiences into the healing process.

I also want to say I'm still very new to psychedelics and wouldn't claimed that I am knowledgeable nor experienced. There are so much to learn here, and I am trying to keep an open mind.  I have zero knowledge of psychedelics and its' medical and therapeutic value, benefits and risks until I started my research couple months ago.

OfflineAlternateRealities
Stranger
    #24830949 - 12/06/17 10:26 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Hi Metallica,

Welcome and Metallica is a fantastic band btw!

I was in your position some years ago and whether people want to hear it or not, shrooms will ABSOLUTELY once and for all, cure depression and or other mental disorders.

However, there are KEYS, in order to be cured that MUST be listened to.

1. First and foremost, fuel. You need to be fueled by the depression to cure it. As in, curing your depression is your top priority in life, the only thing you think of is curing and defeating your depression. The strong unconditional desire to cure the depression is a MUST. No doubts here. No it’s ands or buts.

2. Meditation. You MUST practice meditation. At least minutes a day and gradually raise it to 20 40 an hour etc etc. More on that in a moment.

3. Setting. VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!! You need absolute complete darkness without a hair of light. You also need absolute SILENCE!! Completely alone, not a soul around. NO ELECTRONICS, NO MUSIC, NO TALKING, NO READING, Nothingness in its totality.

4. Quality psychedelic mushroom from a respectable human being.

Some background information on why those rules. I know you are wondering why why why?? Here is the why. What we are doing here is first, removing all stimulation from the brain/mind. You want zero stimulation. Why? In order to cure yourself, YOU MUST JUMP INTO YOURSELF! The only way the mind will refuse to focus on its external surrounds is if it is shut off the mind from external stimulation. Hence, why you must practice meditation. Stillness of the mind. To be nothing in order to navigate something, yourself. Shrooms opens the doors of the mind so you can drive right through everything in the past present and sometimes future. You may have to battle past experiences that you may have thought did not affect you when indeed that have. To destroy the blocks in your mind, you need to be the train. Not only does shrooms provide the train, it also provides neurological connections to be fired up, these connections were never on in the past, good ole shrooms will turn them on for you, permanently. The mind (NOT BRAIN) (even though the brain too is complicated and yet is no where near as complicated as the mind) has many many layers, that can be said to represent something like an onion. Therefore, the process of taking shrooms in this manner must be done more than once in order to completely enter the core of the mind and strip away all the layers it once had. This layers can be described as blocks, filters, veils, etc. they’ve been programmed into the mind/brain since your first breath and definitely do not belong there. Once you’ve battled yourself, you will be free. You must also up the doses for the higher the dose, the deeper you will travel within thyself. All in due time however because you must strengthen your mind, your will power, brain power, etc. so you may effectively handle and understand all the information and battles you will endure. Much luck to you and may love and light be with you. I’m open to questions if need be!

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: RR8]
    #24830958 - 12/06/17 10:33 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RR8 said: This is the first time I read suggestion for first time psychedelic user to dive in at 3g or higher dose.  I must have read over a hundred posts that say start low at 1.5-1.75g then work the dose up, so Sabnock's view is quite...unique.

My understanding is starting at high dose will increase the risk of terrifying experience, anxiety and perhaps even psychosis.

Actually most people recommend at least 2 to 2.5 grams, and many of the threads i've seen on here there's only one or two people who recommend starting so low in the 1 gram range, everyone else recommends at least 2 to 2.5 grams to 3.5 grams. 3 grams will not cause a terrifying, anxiety-riddled and possibly psychosis inducing experience hahahaha. If anything, Cannabis is more likely to cause that kind of anxiety/paranoia/psychosis-like effects than Shrooms so far ime. 1 to 1.75 grams of Shrooms ain't gonna do anything, especially for depression. There is no logical or rational reason to start so low. A common dosage is 3.5 grams, 2 to 2.5 grams at the least, anything less is a waste, 2 to 2.5 grams is a waste, 3.5 grams to 5 grams to 7 grams is the dosage range where most people will get the full on benefits.

By all means, be a wuss, ain't nothing cautious about taking such a low low dosage. If anything is depressing, it's low dosages hahaha. I'm pretty sure if most people knew the kinds of effects/benefits they could get and experiences they could have if they would just go for good dosages, they would never look back at taking such pathetic low dosages lol. Even for a first timer, below 2 grams is just stupid, one doesn't even need to be cautious below 3.5 grams, 5 grams is imo where caution comes in, 3.5 grams can be a bit powerful no doubt but certainly nothing overwhelming.

You want a terrifying experience? Go for 5 to 8 grams of good quality Mimosa root bark powder with some Syrian Rue seed or Harmala extract, compared to that, 3.5 grams and below of Shrooms is a walk in the park, heck 2.5 to 3.5 grams of Mimosa root was even more intense than the same dosage of Shrooms lol. In fact, Psilocin (with Shrooms, and with 4-ACO-DMT) has been so gentle for me even up to 5 grams of Shrooms and 50mgs of 4-ACO-DMT, so gentle, more relaxed than DMT, still powerful but very user-friendly, DMT is way more serious and intense, but still very freakin' awesome.

If you want some accurate dosages though, go for 4-ACO-DMT, which can be used as a substitute for Shrooms or pure Psilocybin, especially if the 4-ACO-DMT is baked into a cookie or some other edible to stretch things out a bit and make it feel more like eating Shrooms vs taking the pure powder and having it kick in like a Shroom tea. And taking 4-ACO-DMT or Shrooms with Harmalas feels exactly the same for me, Psilocin all the way.

--------------------

Edited by Sabnock (12/06/17 10:58 PM)

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #24831197 - 12/07/17 02:39 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Sabnock's right. With cubes, 3.5g to 5g is the usual dosage for common effects.

Anything below 2g is no trip but a knock on the door only.
You hear the knock and you wish the mushroom-spirit enters, but it never does. It will leave you unsatisfied and wanting more.

Anything above 5g is heavy territory. If you are a firsttimer then don't jump in at this end, though. Take 3g, that's good.

I have a friend who never eats more than a gram of shrooms. He sais it's enough for him, as he "starts to feel it" .. :facepalm3:
One time he ate 1.5g and said it was almost too much.. 1.5g is where the interesting effects don't even start.. He stricktly refuses to eat 2g+ at once.
But then on the other hand when I talk about my heavy trips he is in awe and want's to experience the same crazy things.. he just needs to eat more shrooms lol. But he is afraid.. it's a shame. :rolleyes:

Mushrooms really kick ass in high doses. In a positive way for sure. :smile:

-

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: Pandemoon]
    #24831907 - 12/07/17 12:36 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pandemoon said:
Sabnock's right. With cubes, 3.5g to 5g is the usual dosage for common effects.

Anything below 2g is no trip but a knock on the door only.
You hear the knock and you wish the mushroom-spirit enters, but it never does. It will leave you unsatisfied and wanting more.

Anything above 5g is heavy territory. If you are a firsttimer then don't jump in at this end, though. Take 3g, that's good.

I have a friend who never eats more than a gram of shrooms. He sais it's enough for him, as he "starts to feel it" .. :facepalm3:
One time he ate 1.5g and said it was almost too much.. 1.5g is where the interesting effects don't even start.. He stricktly refuses to eat 2g+ at once.
But then on the other hand when I talk about my heavy trips he is in awe and want's to experience the same crazy things.. he just needs to eat more shrooms lol. But he is afraid.. it's a shame. :rolleyes:

Mushrooms really kick ass in high doses. In a positive way for sure. :smile:

-

Agreed.

--------------------

OfflinePrimal Call
Earth Mage
I'm a teapot

Loc: Here until here
Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: Pandemoon]
    #24837001 - 12/10/17 02:53 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I can relate fellas. I'm someone who prefers the heavy dose... exactly as you guys say... 3-4g of cubes is my minimum for a good mushroom trip and 4.7g Ps cyanescens was my most intense and thrilling adventure.... still working through some of that experience 4 or 5 years later. :bliss:

Besides those rare "proper" doses, though, every now and then I have a 1-3g dose and it just feels underwhelming... I like that mushroom spirit knocking on the door metaphor :lol: Just like that... the experience is present but not realized or brought into my mushroom reality.

With all that said, I know myself and that I have what I'd consider a pretty high tolerance or threshold. I simply need more mushrooms to get the same effects others report at lower doses. Perhaps you two are similar in your tolerance/threshold, or perhaps you just really enjoy those higher doses and have the experience to know you can handle them.

My girlfriend can take 0.5-1g and receive effects similar to 3g+ for me. Everyone is different and you guys know this...

I would NEVER recommend 3.5+g to someone new to mushrooms.... it's not like there's only one chance to get the dose right. (If there is, that would probably change my mind.)

OP and any others just getting into mushrooms and dose, start at 1-2grams to see how that feels. Once you are comfortable with those effects, even if it takes many separate doses at that weight, then you can decide for yourself if you are interested in a higher dose.

Absolutely YES, I highly recommend high doses with mushrooms, but for fuck's sake, not for the first experience.

The only time I'd recommend a high dose to a first-timer is if they are intimately familiar with the psychedelic experience in some other form and ask a trusted ally to guide and/or be present through their experience. Trip-sitters are really magical people.

And when you do get to those mega doses, I recommend you have all the details/responsibilities in your life managed/clear for the entirety of the duration and perhaps even the day after. I take 3 days off when I plan to mega dose. (Day 1: Realize. Day 2: Recover. Day 3: Reflect.)

--------------------
New Cultivator's Guide
Time to fruit? Pinning Strategy and Troubleshooting
My Trade Thread (Fungus, Plants, Herbal Medicine)

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: Primal Call]
    #24837007 - 12/10/17 03:15 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Primal Call said: I would NEVER recommend 3.5+g to someone new to mushrooms.... it's not like there's only one chance to get the dose right. (If there is, that would probably change my mind.)

OP and any others just getting into mushrooms and dose, start at 1-2grams to see how that feels. Once you are comfortable with those effects, even if it takes many separate doses at that weight, then you can decide for yourself if you are interested in a higher dose.

Absolutely YES, I highly recommend high doses with mushrooms, but for fuck's sake, not for the first experience.

I personally would recommend people to start with 2 to 3.5 grams, even if it is their first time, and no i don't think that's a bad thing nor do i think people wouldn't be able to handle themselves at that dosage. People who claim they get high dosage effects out of low dosages are bullshitting themselves and others, because it's a dosage thing, not a sensitivity thing, different levels/effects come with different dosages, there are just simply things you will not get from lower dosages of Psychedelics that you do get from moderate to high dosages. I am by far not recommending dosages that are overwhelming, just on the lighter moderate side of the spectrum, verging into moderate territory, moderate dosages to high dosages are where it's at for the benefits, not low dosages, not heavy dosages, moderate to high dosages.

Also, my first Entheogen was Ayahuasca and i took it by myself and even at heavy dosages my first little bit, i handled myself just fine, and compared to Ayahuasca, Shrooms or even LSD at these low dosages ain't shit and people get all worked up over nothing, Shrooms is so gentle at 2 to 3.5 grams, 5 grams is where things really start to get interesting and powerful. Granted, i'm talking strictly about Cubensis, not some ultra potent mushroom, which even then, i don't think ultra potent mushrooms would cause 5 to 7 grams worth of effects at 1 to 2 grams, maybe i'm wrong but i highly doubt it, maybe if you added some full on MAO-A inhibition in the mix which could take you far, but otherwise, nah.

Don't say i didn't try to warn ya though, low dosages are a bust, once you get over your silly little fears and anxieties and muster up the courage to take a good moderate to high dosage, that's where you will witness/experience the benefits. There's a reason these things require a bit of courage and motivation to undergo and experiment around with, if you want to barely skirt the rim of the Psychedelic experience, by all means go for the low dosages and work your way up, but imo it's better to dive in at least to the moderate dosage range, and this is coming from someone who experimented around with lower dosages of Mimosa root powder for awhile (like 2 to 3.5 grams of Mimosa powder, still pretty intense and can be interesting but not really beneficial, 5 grams of Mimosa though, now you're talking).

At the very least, go for 2 to 2.5 grams, below 2 grams is bullshit, don't take my word for it, try it and see what you get, you'll get nothing worth your time.

--------------------

OfflineAdas
Lonely Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central EU
    #24842005 - 12/12/17 02:04 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Sabnock, it depends how you work with the experience. If you're not willing to work with it, then yes, even 2g will be underwhelming. I personally have had a profound experience on just 0.6g. Not exactly powerful, but personally important, and with visuals.

One other time I took 2g and it felt like nothing so I had to take another 2. So it's not about the person, more so the intention.

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: New to mushrooms; combating depression [Re: Adas] * 1
    #24842381 - 12/12/17 04:43 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Adas said:
Sabnock, it depends how you work with the experience. If you're not willing to work with it, then yes, even 2g will be underwhelming. I personally have had a profound experience on just 0.6g. Not exactly powerful, but personally important, and with visuals.

One other time I took 2g and it felt like nothing so I had to take another 2. So it's not about the person, more so the intention.

I agree that intention can go a long way, however, having higher dosage effects come from 0.6 grams is impossible, it's not a sensitivity or intention thing, it's a dosage thing. Sure, you can have a profound experience i guess with a small or tiny dose, but you can have that with anything, even a walk in a park can seem profound if you view it that way. I'm strictly talking about the benefits that come from moderate to high dosages, things you will not experience from low dosages no matter the intent, ritual/ceremony, or how sensitive to subtle mental/physical changes one may be, i myself am sensitive to subtle changes in my body and mind, but that doesn't mean i can get the benefits and effects of higher dosages of Psychedelics from tiny itty bitty dosages. Also, visuals i'm not concerned about or particularly interested in, i don't get much in the way of closed eye visuals for some reason, though i do get open eyed visuals, but the most important factor, for me personally, is the feelings/physical stuff, the mental stuff, the spiritual stuff, that's where the benefits are, tiny dosages will not give you the benefits of moderate to high dosages.

There is such a thing as different effects at different dosage levels, of course, it's a dosage thing, not anything to do with intention or sensitivity.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies