Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Hydroponics Supplies, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSillllyFressshhhh
What TEK Do You Recomend For Large Amounts & Best Results?
    #2482694 - 03/30/04 04:31 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I am still a beginner at this shrooms cultivating, and I recently jsut finished my shrooms for this month and I tried out the caterpiller kit from magic-mushroom-kit.com and I have to say even though I found it easy it was not the harvest I expected, I pulled in about 300 Grams wet. I was woundering what do you feel is the best Technique to use for growing strains such as B+, Equadorian, or Golden Teacher? And which Tek or Kit would you say would produce a large amount (say 1/4 - 1/2 pound dry) ?

Thanks In Advance! :beer:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTaoinShrrom
The Action inInaction

Re: What TEK Do You Recomend For Large Amounts & Best Results? [Re: SillllyFressshhhh]
    #2482723 - 03/30/04 04:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Work your way up, you have to master PF tek first. Do a search on dunk and roll and the Poor Mans Pod. If you combine PF tek with the dunk and roll and put them in a pod you will get a pretty good yeild. I saw a couple flushes of a 1/4 lb off of about 16 cakes.

Then when you feel comfortable with that, and understand the mushroom life cycle and have all the equipment (pressure cooker!!!) move on to grains. Work on casing just the grains to get a feel for how to get the casing and casing enviroment just right. Start to learn how to work with karo tek or honey tek for liquid mycelium rather than spores. Once you have that move on to lots of grain and mix up a bulk substrate (compost, or dung or dung and straw, ect.) Use all your knowledge you have gained and you will get great yeilds.

Try and do bulk with out the blood and tears you get from working your way up and it will be a BIG disappointment.

InvisibleMESCALATO
hunting.
 User Gallery

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: What TEK Do You Recomend For Large Amounts & Best Results? [Re: SillllyFressshhhh]
    #2482769 - 03/30/04 06:27 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

^^ what they said ^^
and when your ready to use bulk substrate here is a link to RK's horse poo tek :thumbup:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...true#Post723303

--------------------

OfflineSillllyFressshhhh
Re: What TEK Do You Recomend For Large Amounts & Best Results? [Re: MESCALATO]
    #2483186 - 03/30/04 11:31 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How do you gusy feel about the popcorn tek? also i am looking to do a Tek which is like a canadian kit with the soil and all. Also I have used the Dunk & Roll Method for my Substrate cakes for my Caterpiller kit and they seemed to pull through some what.

PS- I dont really wanna go out on a search for some horse shit lol :mushroom2:

Edited by SillllyFressshhhh (03/30/04 11:37 AM)

OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

#2483220 - 03/30/04 11:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Popcorn is ok to use as spawn but you should do some moo poo for bulk

--------------------

OfflineTaoinShrrom
The Action inInaction

#2483506 - 03/30/04 02:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think you should try and start to use the money you would on the kit to start investing in the general equipment you are going to need and try and start to do all of this from the ground up. You need to either be really good with cakes or do a bulk tek to get what you are looking for, let alone on any consistent level. I think the two main points you have to learn is first sterile technique and what you are going to need to be sterile in your work area (I have managed to develop a good enough technique that if I work inside a sterile tupper wear box with arm holes cut out at the bottom I can do most things with out any problem such as grain to grain, agar work, ect. but it took many tries to get things right) and two get an intrinsic feel for the life cycle of the mycelium and the mushroom, whats healthy, whats not, what does it need and how much does it need. Whats contamination whats new growth, ect. ect.

I tried popcorn for a while and it works, certainly, but once I tried WBS I never went back to popcorn. It was more difficult for me to get the water content right in popcorn and avoid poped kernals, it seemed more suspetable to contamination and didn't shake as well. As spawn the larger kernal size ment that per unite of popcorn I had far less innoculation points. Its up to you both are avalible at wal-mart for about the same cost.

OfflineSillllyFressshhhh
Re: What TEK Do You Recomend For Large Amounts & Best Results? [Re: TaoinShrrom]
    #2484532 - 03/30/04 07:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

whats WBS?

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: SillllyFressshhhh]
    #2484534 - 03/30/04 07:34 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

OfflineSillllyFressshhhh
Re: What TEK Do You Recomend For Large Amounts & Best Results? [Re: Citric]
    #2484681 - 03/30/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

can u show me a site with a TEK using the Wild BIRD sEED? I would like to try this out, how much did you yeild dry? I been using the water and vermiculate and water and the cakes in them but its too wet and shit the shrooms start growing then fall in the water and vermiculate and never make it out....:(

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: SillllyFressshhhh]
    #2484691 - 03/30/04 08:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Anonymous

Re: What TEK Do You Recomend For Large Amounts & Best Results? [Re: Citric]
    #2484728 - 03/30/04 08:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

true that. i am right on the verge of going into bulk. i started with a kit. then immediately started reading this site, bought a pressure cooker, and was doing the PF tek. i ended up with only 1 mushroom from my kit. they're not worth the money. get into it and buy a Pressure cooker and some rubbermaid bins, 1/2 pint widemouth canning jars and hydrogen peroxide from Walmart, perlite, vermiculite from home depot or a hydroponics store, Brown rice flour from healthfood store, and later, move on to WBS. thats all you need. keep reading this site more than anything, and ask specific questions when you are confused about your reading. good luck.

OfflineSillllyFressshhhh
Re: What TEK Do You Recomend For Large Amounts & Best Results? [Re: ]
    #2484763 - 03/30/04 08:34 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

so what TEK do u recomend the PF Tek? if so, do you think i will make out with a good 1/2 pound dry?

Anonymous

#2484783 - 03/30/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

no half pound dry. think small, you sound like you want to sell the shit. don't. their is not easy way to lots of shrooms. i recommend the MMGG (Magic mushroom grower's guide) on this site. i'm hoping for a couple ounces so i can throw a trip party for my friends. think small, as inn all you need for your head and friends.

OfflineSillllyFressshhhh
Re: What TEK Do You Recomend For Large Amounts & Best Results? [Re: ]
    #2484910 - 03/30/04 09:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yea i wanted to make a few batches of koolaid shroom slushies for a party coming up in a month or so, and i am not looking to sell anything i want to throw a ill bash lol.

ps can u give me a link to this Magic mushroom grower's guide

Edited by SillllyFressshhhh (03/30/04 09:13 PM)

Anonymous

#2484995 - 03/30/04 09:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
    #2485336 - 03/30/04 10:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

it will most likely take you a lot of time and failures before you get 1/2 pound dry.  i mean, let's suppose you really know how to work with grains, casings and bulk (straw/poo) and have a quite large automated terrarium, it is possible to get that amount in let say 2 or 3 months if everything goes fine.

Now, i'm pretty sure that very few people here are actually able to reach a goal like that.  You are sure to lack at least one of these : skills, equipment, time or luck.

Speaking of me, I learnt a lot during the last year and had some incredible results from time to time but I know my skills are still pretty weak considering the fact that I still often fail.

My bet is that you will be able, if you are serious about it, to get maybe an ounce dry in the next 2 months. So like the man said, think small !

But I saw newbies achieving wonderful results at first try, something that took me at least 6 months and 10 consecutive failures to realize.  Crazychemist is definately one of those :lol:

.fs.

OfflineSillllyFressshhhh
Re: What TEK Do You Recomend For Large Amounts & Best Results? [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #2486532 - 03/31/04 09:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fIsh in my head said:
it will most likely take you a lot of time and failures before you get 1/2 pound dry.  i mean, let's suppose you really know how to work with grains, casings and bulk (straw/poo) and have a quite large automated terrarium, it is possible to get that amount in let say 2 or 3 months if everything goes fine.

Now, i'm pretty sure that very few people here are actually able to reach a goal like that.  You are sure to lack at least one of these : skills, equipment, time or luck.

Speaking of me, I learnt a lot during the last year and had some incredible results from time to time but I know my skills are still pretty weak considering the fact that I still often fail.

My bet is that you will be able, if you are serious about it, to get maybe an ounce dry in the next 2 months. So like the man said, think small !

But I saw newbies achieving wonderful results at first try, something that took me at least 6 months and 10 consecutive failures to realize.  Crazychemist is definately one of those :lol:

.fs.

I dont know what your tlaking about I produced around 2 ounes dry with my caterpiller kit from magic-mushroom-kit.com

I was woundering do you have a tek that uses this type of system  HERE because I would like to use that.

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
    #2487937 - 03/31/04 08:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well, based on what i saw on magic-mushroom, the caterpiller kit you are talking about it no more than 12 Brown Rice Flour/verm jars using the PF-Tek method. A single cake will usually throw something between 3 and 7 grams dry so assuming you had success with all 12 of your jars, 2 ounces is on target.

Now, the link you gave me talks about fruiting a casing. There's at least 2 hours worth of reading in the faq section of shroomery about casings and grain culture.

.fs.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Hydroponics Supplies, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation