Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Deleted
    #2481678 - 03/29/04 08:35 PM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Content Removed.

Edited by Jared (04/01/04 02:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesnowspeed1
Psychonaut
Re: Harvesting very early? [Re: Jared]
    #2482428 - 03/29/04 11:59 PM (20 years, 3 days ago)

I always harvest early. I dont know about 10 flushes more like five. of course i wait till they are a little taller and i grow them on bulk, so they are a bit bigger naturally. but you dont get as whole lot more flushes because it takes a whole lot of energy just to pop them up in the first place.
but i have gotten about five or six where i would normally get three.

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
    #2482446 - 03/30/04 12:04 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

most would say contamination would strike the casing before it could have that many attempts to flush. i do love the idea though, as alkaloid content is always a highly debatable subject, and i love learning of anyone interested in arguing one way or the other.

in my personal opinion, its a viable concept, that the weight ratio would be there, since as you said, the reserve of nutrients isnt being exhausted. likewise for water. guess it could be considered a 'nutrient' in that the mycelium needs it, but i digress. on the contamination note, im a firm believer that, if properly kept, maintained, and loved/cared for, the 10 flushes would be viable, because from what i understand, contaminations are expediated by the result of the mycelium loosing nutrients, thus aging, and losing their innate abilities to fight off contaminations. this of course, is all subjective. comments and insight always welcomed. =)

-jb

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2482550 - 03/30/04 01:18 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

There is no proof that the young mushrooms contain more psilocybin per weight than old mushrooms.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Harvesting very early? [Re: Anno]
    #2482623 - 03/30/04 01:56 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

I also harvest early, to eliminate spores from almost all my cultivated mushrooms. Spore blooms suck (Oyster mushroom growers know what im talking about). I really have never given much thought to the potency as related to maturity of the mushroom, but I also never really tested or bothered. I have just picked before the veil tears as the common word was and now pick them a bit earlier (shortly after the cap starts to pull away, showing the veil). I think it is more a matter of personal preference. As with edibles, some people prefer them mature, some still young. Mature or pins, its got the same stuff...

I would think that a whole bunch of spores would throw the ratio of psilocybin off compared to un-sporulating ones though. Just a thought...  :wink:

--------------------
To give is to live...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies