Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJowdenn pyschesss
Stranger
 User Gallery
Hpoo?
    #24825121 - 12/04/17 08:36 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

So me and a friend are gonna Attempt a bulk grow using damions5050 tek in a monotub, using 6 pounds of rye grain spawn bags, 1 brick of coir and 2 quarts Vern but I was worried that the coir and vermiculite wouldn't have enough nutrients as a bulk sub so I was gonna go down to a horse pasture down my street and get some horse poo for nutrients. But I had a couple questions before I go grabbin horse shit.

1. What's the most efficient way to prepare it?

2. How much hpoo should I use to work with the ratios mentioned above? I don't want to accidentally use to much and end up contaminating the hole grow

3. When it comes to pasteurizing should I mix it all up with the coir and vermiculite and pasteurize it all together at the same time or do it separately?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: Jowdenn pyschesss]
    #24825126 - 12/04/17 08:40 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Coir is just as nutrtitous and twice as forgiving.
A typical 66 qt tub ya need roughly ten qts of bulk.
Yes you could mix it all up n pastutize

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: cronicr]
    #24825212 - 12/04/17 09:23 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Besides that we use so much spawn when growing cubes that you're overly nutritious to start before even adding substrate

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24825214 - 12/04/17 09:24 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineJowdenn pyschesss
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24825289 - 12/04/17 10:16 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

So should I pass on the horse poo then? I just heard that coir has little to no nutrients so that's the only reason I thought I should use hpoo

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24825309 - 12/04/17 10:31 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Coir kicks ass

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlinesir_spins_alot
Feels like a stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
    #24825320 - 12/04/17 10:40 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Coir is so easy.  I'm new to it and haven't had a shoe box fail yet.  Ditch the shit.  Coir is so simple.

--------------------

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #24825321 - 12/04/17 10:40 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jowdenn pyschesss said:
So should I pass on the horse poo then? I just heard that coir has little to no nutrients so that's the only reason I thought I should use hpoo

I am getting ready to do a mono with a hpoo, coir, gypsum mixed sub.  If you have a source of AGED hpoo it is a great bulk substrate medium....That being said IT MUST BE PROPERLY BROKE UP AND PASTEURIZED.  When you mix your substrate ingredients I would load it in quart jars(after field capacity) and use alum. foil lids.  Use a cheap meat thermometer to make sure YOUR PASTEURIZATION TEMPS STAY IN THE 140-160 degree range for at least one hour-1.5.  Do not let the temp get hotter than 170 for any longer than ten minutes or your sub will become more susceptible to molds.....There are beneficial microbes in hpoo that will eat mold but it must be properly pasteurized in order to retain them. 

You just have to be careful and precise when using aged hpoo, make sure every piece of hpoo gets completely broken up.  The less chunks in your sub the better!!  Faster, more even colonization. 

Proper pasteurization is key with the poo!!! :rockon:

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24825325 - 12/04/17 10:43 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Threads from God89 said:
Quote:

Jowdenn pyschesss said:

I am getting ready to do a mono with a hpoo, coir, gypsum mixed sub.  If you have a source of AGED hpoo it is a great bulk substrate medium....That being said IT MUST BE PROPERLY BROKE UP AND PASTEURIZED.  When you mix your substrate ingredients I would load it in quart jars(after field capacity) and use alum. foil lids.  Use a cheap meat thermometer to make sure YOUR PASTEURIZATION TEMPS STAY IN THE 140-160 degree range for at least one hour-1.5.  Do not let the temp get hotter than 170 for any longer than ten minutes or your sub will become more susceptible to molds.....There are beneficial microbes in hpoo that will eat mold but it must be properly pasteurized in order to retain them. 

You just have to be careful and precise when using aged hpoo, make sure every piece of hpoo gets completely broken up.  The less chunks in your sub the better!!  Faster, more even colonization. 

Proper pasteurization is key with the poo!!! :rockon:

In other words he says yes use the coir

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Re: Hpoo? [Re: sir_spins_alot]
    #24825335 - 12/04/17 10:46 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sir_spins_alot said:
Coir is so easy.  I'm new to it and haven't had a shoe box fail yet.  Ditch the shit.  Coir is so simple.

Like cron said, coir is more forgiving because it doesnt have any beneficial or harmful microbes so there's really nothing to pqsteurize, its just good to "cook" the coir (pasteurize) so the myc can eat it easier. 

You could do some grows with coir until you get more comfortable with the concept of pasteurizing poo..... aged hpoo is a great substrate material though.  Many mushroom cultivators take advantage of it...... coir is just easier,  more fool-proof and less of a hassle I think for most people.

I use hpoo because I can get A LOT of it.....I always mix some coir with it and usually finely chopped straw too.

I'll admit tho, after losing a tub to contams for whatever reason, I am tempted to just use straight coir.....but I will not  abandon my hpoo!!!  Lol

--------------------

Edited by Threads from God89 (12/04/17 10:49 AM)

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #24825548 - 12/04/17 12:40 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I'm a fan of manure.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #24825905 - 12/04/17 03:05 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

back when I first joined this site, I used the tek's available at the time.  at one point I had a yard of hpoo in my garage composting lol.  Once you familiarize yourself with how to use it, it is pretty easy and good.

Then I forgot about the hobby for a decade.  Came back recently to try a PF tek for old times sake.  I was overwhelmed with how the methods have changed and evolved over time.  I tried Coir for the first time recently and holy fuck! its so much more forgiving and easier to use.  And it doesnt make your house smell like a barn while pasteurizing.  Best of all, my wife is no longer pissed at me for using pillow cases for pasteurizing the poo in the pots we used for cooking food lol.

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Re: Hpoo? [Re: FlusH]
    #24826311 - 12/04/17 05:48 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I am currently in the process of breaking up some aged hpoo and mixing it with coir and a small amount of chopped straw.  It is no easy task getting the compressed hpoo nuggets shredded....a small amount is no biggy, but I am doing enough for twelve quarts!!! 

I keep talking breaks because it is a exhausting staying hunched over a trash bag of poo manually using my hands to break it up so it pasteurizes and colonizes evenly..... Yeah coir is great and I am currently using it as well, but as growers we should probably try and give our shrooms a variety of different foods so they don't get bored lol.  It wouldn't be good if everyone just used coco coir.  It would be a drain on the resource. 

So yeah I am a fan of aged horse manure, its just a real pain in the ass processing it for substrate use, I mix coir, chopped straw, and between approx. 7-10% gypsum by total volume of my sub.  All that stuff really fluffs the sub up, but currently mine is not as fluffy as I would like.

Anyone have suggestions on an efficient way of breaking up aged hpoo or tricks to fluff it up? Add more dry coir? More gypsum? (without vermiculite)  Im having a hell of a time with mine.....

--------------------

OfflineGurdjieff
Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: North America
    #24826326 - 12/04/17 05:53 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I like manure but I wouldnt go out of my way or pay for it. Coir is just as effective in my experience, at least when we are talking cubensis.

--------------------
Man lives in sleep.

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: Gurdjieff]
    #24826355 - 12/04/17 06:02 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I like manure enough to go out of my for it.  I live in farming country so manure is readily available to me, as well as, providing a service for folks by picking up their manure.  Also, I've pasteurized so much manure in my day that pasteurizing manure is second nature for me.  It's a great bulk susbtrate material for cubes.

--------------------

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Hpoo? [Re: Gurdjieff]
    #24826377 - 12/04/17 06:11 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Has there ever been a controlled experiment between coir + poo and coir + verm with a clone to determine if adding poo made any difference? There has to be some hard facts about poo grows right? I feel that there are many old debates here that could easily get dissolved with some 'science' and I understand that some just love poo and dont care it works for them, i can totally understand this, I will admit I wish I could grow with poo but I live in an apartment house and out my window is on the first floor right out on the street and neighbors would notice right away, maybe even I fall in love in poo later who knows. But up until now I have hear this debate many times but never seen anyone post anything related to like a debunking or confirming experiment with poo and coir. Maybe someone knows of something like this and can point me in the right direction? I will experiment with this some day, but not anytime soon.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: Mateja]
    #24826386 - 12/04/17 06:16 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Would need an isolate for that.

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24826449 - 12/04/17 06:46 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
Has there ever been a controlled experiment between coir + poo and coir + verm with a clone to determine if adding poo made any difference? There has to be some hard facts about poo grows right? I feel that there are many old debates here that could easily get dissolved with some 'science' and I understand that some just love poo and dont care it works for them, i can totally understand this, I will admit I wish I could grow with poo but I live in an apartment house and out my window is on the first floor right out on the street and neighbors would notice right away, maybe even I fall in love in poo later who knows. But up until now I have hear this debate many times but never seen anyone post anything related to like a debunking or confirming experiment with poo and coir. Maybe someone knows of something like this and can point me in the right direction? I will experiment with this some day, but not anytime soon.

Last coue i seen was pastys and dialateds both of which used isolates both of which showed coir having the upper hand.

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24826479 - 12/04/17 07:02 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not arguing for which one is better.  Only that I prefer horse manure because it's free, easy for me prepare, and the picking of it provides a service for others.  :super:

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: hamloaf]
    #24826489 - 12/04/17 07:07 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Actually, I generally mix both coir & horse manure at equal parts.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24826507 - 12/04/17 07:13 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I love diverse substrates as well:cheers:

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleMateja

#24826577 - 12/04/17 07:40 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks cron i will check it out! Im already reading PFs documents on pdf thanks for that as well.

Quote:

hamloaf said:
I'm not arguing for which one is better.  Only that I prefer horse manure because it's free, easy for me prepare, and the picking of it provides a service for others.  :super:

This I can really appreciate :eatingout:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

#24826645 - 12/04/17 08:15 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

My latest tub thats what I am doing as well.  Its roughly half and half anyway, with a little chopped straw in there to act as "highways" for the myc to jump around through the sub!!  Lol. 

Yeah i agree, coco coir is great to mix with with the poo! :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleMateja

#24826779 - 12/04/17 09:07 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
Quote:

Mateah said:

Last coue i seen was pastys and dialateds both of which used isolates both of which showed coir having the upper hand.

What is the full screen name of 'dialated'? I cant find matching username in the search function..

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

InvisibleInspir3
Aspir3 to Inspir3

#24827102 - 12/05/17 02:26 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
There's like 3-6 people who will tell you poo = more potency
Azur, Hamloaf, Eatyualive, Blackout, and some other old school TCs too

There's like 30+ people who will tell you it's genetic, and then after that environment/conditions and then after that substrate that's important. and of course having clean spawn otherwise everything else is a bust.
(Cronicr, SpitballJedi, pastywhyte, rogerrabbit, pussyfart, blindingleaf, workman, myself and a bunch of other non TCs who are smart too.

there's no reason to believe poo or coir are superior substrates. the superior substrate is what you can get easily, get cheapest, use comfortably, get results in your environment, circumstance, etc... ie what works for you best.

in the bucket only goes water, coir, verm, and gypsum if you have it.

everything else needs proper pasteurization

your genetics play the biggest role in potency and yield. if you use agar and play with clones and isolates you'll get much better results

if you play with dialing in your fruiting conditions, fruiting chamber, environment, lighting, moisture content, etc... you'll get better results

if you change your ingredients(so long as they're prepared correctly) you won't notice much difference if you're using the same cultures.

many people attribute their successes to the changes they make while they're learning. rather than just becoming more experienced. so in this way a lot of people attribute different ingredients to better performance. rather than the fact that they just got better as time whent on and they tried different things.

at this point the best you can do is get your feet wet. do what seems best for you

--------------------

InvisibleShroomyToons
Be Calm and Grow On
 User Gallery

Loc: Rebel Flag Flag
Re: Hpoo? [Re: Inspir3]
    #24827187 - 12/05/17 05:16 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I am going to give Hpoo and straw a run. I want to grow bellas and torks, and the sub should do well for cubes as well, so I'll be giving it a try in the next few weeks.

I can do a side by side of coir alone and the straw poo as I have a couple bags from the same master jar waiting in the fridge. It won't be perfectly scientific, but anecdotally, it should give a valid comparison. As long as my pasteurization of the poo is on point, that is.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: ShroomyToons]
    #24827221 - 12/05/17 06:07 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Chances are if you did two coir tubs or two manure tubs you would see some differences. So your comparison won't be shedding any light. Do 20 tubs one way and 20 the other.

People just starting off do exactly what youre about to do. Whatever tub happens to do better will be cemented as the better way for you for years to come if you believe your test was reasonable. This is how people get so opinionated. Well i did a side by side 4 years ago with the first few tubs ive ever done and one substrate worker better so that one IS better.

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #24827232 - 12/05/17 06:12 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

"Dilated" w the infected mushroom cover art as his pic.

--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24827324 - 12/05/17 08:03 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Inspir3 said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

There's like 30+ people who will tell you it's genetic, and then after that environment/conditions and then after that substrate that's important. and of course having clean spawn otherwise everything else is a bust.
(Cronicr, SpitballJedi, pastywhyte, rogerrabbit, pussyfart, blindingleaf, workman, myself and a bunch of other non TCs who are smart too.

there's no reason to believe poo or coir are superior substrates. the superior substrate is what you can get easily, get cheapest, use comfortably, get results in your environment, circumstance, etc... ie what works for you best.

your genetics play the biggest role in potency and yield. if you use agar and play with clones and isolates you'll get much better results

if you play with dialing in your fruiting conditions, fruiting chamber, environment, lighting, moisture content, etc... you'll get better results

if you change your ingredients(so long as they're prepared correctly) you won't notice much difference if you're using the same cultures.

many people attribute their successes to the changes they make while they're learning. rather than just becoming more experienced. so in this way a lot of people attribute different ingredients to better performance. rather than the fact that they just got better as time whent on and they tried different things.

at this point the best you can do is get your feet wet. do what seems best for you

What the heck is this crap?  That's some slander.  I'm glad I didn't help,you with your greenhouse now.  :thumbdown:

My response is that I prefer manure for the reasons stated in this thread earlier.  Final answer. 
Quote:

Mateah said:
Thanks cron i will check it out! Im already reading PFs documents on pdf thanks for that as well.

Quote:

hamloaf said:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomyToons
Be Calm and Grow On
 User Gallery

Loc: Rebel Flag Flag
    #24827338 - 12/05/17 08:14 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I'm just going to try it for the heck of it. Not to prove or disprove that coir or poo is better. It's really for the heck of it and nothing more. And I don't have the room to do 20 tubs each in a side by side.

Maybe poo actually DOES work better for some people. Maybe coir actually DOES work better for some people. There's just more than one way to skin a cat or grow mushrooms. No big deal.

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: ShroomyToons] * 2
    #24827354 - 12/05/17 08:24 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

There really isn't a "better".  It's mainly subjective.  My issue is with those who can't keep others names out of their mouths to gain them a sense of superiority.

Furthermore I've done hundreds and hundreds (maybe even a thousand ) tubs over the last few years all kinds of different ways and the conclusion I've drawn is that I like horse manure, and I ain't skimping on the gypsum anytime soon.  Im NOT coming from a position of doing a few tubs four years ago or any misinformation like that.  Coir is cool too.  Like I said though, horse manure is easy for me to source and it's free.

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24827383 - 12/05/17 08:48 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
Quote:

cronicr said:
Quote:

Mateah said:

What is the full screen name of 'dialated'? I cant find matching username in the search function..

I think it is..dilated

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleBrain Fart
Mushroom Nerd
 User Gallery

Loc: Your Mom Flag
    #24827384 - 12/05/17 08:49 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:

Agreed. I like Hpoo by itself. But coir is so damn easy. I got a straight hpoo tub, a coir/verm/gypsum tub, and a coir/coffee minitub.

Although the poo season is over when it gets cold cause it all freezes lol.

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: Brain Fart]
    #24827389 - 12/05/17 08:51 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

True, that's why I gather all that I need to last during the winter months during the fall, dehydrate it, shredd it, then store it in totes to use during the cold months.

--------------------

Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

#24827393 - 12/05/17 08:57 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
True, that's why I gather all that I need to last during the winter months during the fall, dehydrate it, shredd it, then store it in totes to use during the cold months.

How do you shred all yours?  Iv been doing it by hand and it sucks! Lol

--------------------

InvisibleBrain Fart
Mushroom Nerd
 User Gallery

#24827401 - 12/05/17 09:01 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:

Idk if I could put hpoo in my dehydrator lol.

Quote:

Threads from God89 said:
Quote:

hamloaf said:

I hand shred also and am open to any faster methods

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24827416 - 12/05/17 09:09 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Threads from God89 said:
Quote:

hamloaf said:

With a weed whacker and a tote.

The next level in automated manure shredding would be a woodchipper.

Nah, brainfart.  You dry it outside when the weather is right, THEN Doctor it up.  Manure in the dehydrator, haha.

--------------------

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: hamloaf] * 2
    #24827514 - 12/05/17 10:01 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I've used coir in bulk subs since 1999. Its a great bulk additive. I do most of my grows off of it BC of accessibility and its a good price. If I had access to hpoo id definitely get it hands down. Its a great substrate and id mix it with my coir. If you have free local access to hpoo. You can't beat free. So maybe you have to pasteurize it. Pasteurizing isn't that hard. And then you have all these tc mods who give advise and haven't even pasteurized a bulk sub. :lol:

Haha on the 4 tub grow knows everything. I've done hundreds of tubs for 16 years. Do I prefer any bulk over others. No I like them all and I love mixing it up. Doing the same thing over and over gets boring.

No one ever said poo= more potency. :facepalm:

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (12/05/17 01:43 PM)

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: eatyualive]
    #24827519 - 12/05/17 10:03 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Yea, you can't beat free.  After pasteurizing a few times it becomes like second nature and can be done with your eyes closed.  Like riding a bike, or breathing.

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #24827547 - 12/05/17 10:17 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard misting is too much work from people who say pasteurization isn't lol.
:crazy:

Pasteurization is easy you just have to be around for over an hour.
Coir requires 15m of your time period.
Dump 1 gal of boiling water over a brick. I can wake up to 6 tubs worth of coir or come home from work to them if I do 15-20 minutes worth of heating water up to a boil.

All that time and maintenance of substrate adds up in the end. I prefer to let the mushrooms grow themselves and do little work. Sure theres no need to babysit pasteurizing after you've done it a few times.  But you cant just leave it indefinitely You have to come deal with it at the end of the cycle.
$50 gets me 30+ tubs worth of coir. The appeal that there's the "free" aspect of manure isn't there for me personally.
And I don't waste heated up water. All the water I heat becomes part of the substrate. When pasteurizing you usually waste hot water to the drain.

Like I always say just weigh pros and cons. Some people really enjoy using manure. That's what works for them :shrug: no skin off anyone else's back.

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24827643 - 12/05/17 10:58 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Misting is easy with one tub. 20 plus and its a a full time Job. Some people like quoting things out of context to justify their anger. :rofl:

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

InvisibleInspir3
Aspir3 to Inspir3

#24827885 - 12/05/17 01:17 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Quote:

Inspir3 said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

What the heck is this crap?  That's some slander.  I'm glad I didn't help,you with your greenhouse now.  :thumbdown:

My response is that I prefer manure for the reasons stated in this thread earlier.  Final answer. 
Quote:

Mateah said:

Quote:

hamloaf said:

I'm sorry ham, i didnt mean any animosity by it. Just quoting past information that is relevant to the thread, its not even my opinion.

--------------------

Edited by Inspir3 (12/05/17 01:57 PM)

InvisibleBrain Fart
Mushroom Nerd
 User Gallery

#24828508 - 12/05/17 05:47 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Yikes that escalated.

Lol ham I am glad you don't fill your dehydrator with poop. Had a brain fart there.

Man that'd make your kitchen smell wierd
:hehehe:

--------------------

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hpoo? [Re: Brain Fart]
    #24828921 - 12/05/17 09:17 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Horse poo is my favorite manure, but instead of coir I use woodshavings and hay. I haven't tried it in an indoor grow but it works fabulous outside.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag