Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male

Five marijuana myths debunked:
    #24825080 - 12/04/17 10:07 AM (7 days, 22 hours ago)

http://www.metronews.ca/news/edmonton/2017/11/21/five-marijuana-myths-debunked-a-public-health-expert-clears-the-air-on-misinformation.html

Quote:

A public health expert clears the air on misinformation

Elaine Hyshka says pot won't ruin your brain, but it probably won't help it either

Dr. Elaine Hyshka, a member of Access to Medically Supervised Injection Services and assistant professor with the University of Albertaís school of public health.
By: Kevin Maimann Metro Published on Tue Nov 21 2017
In light of the Alberta government announcing its regulations for the retail sale of marijuana, Metro spoke with a public health expert Tuesday to clarify some hazy topics around legalization.
Elaine Hyshka, professor in the University of Alberta’s school of public health and co-chair of the Minister’s Opioid Emergency Response Commission, said it’s “alarming” how much misinformation circulates on cannabis, and she helped us bust the myths.

Myth #1: Legalization will lead to a spike in cannabis use among young people
“What we’ve seen in other jurisdictions is that rates of use have remained fairly stable post-legalization,” Hyshka said.
“Also, it’s important to remember that in Canada we have one of the highest rates of youth use and cannabis is illegal. So, whether it’s legal or illegal, that often doesn’t tend to have a lot of influence over whether people decide to use drugs. When it is legal, though, we have a lot more policy tools to prevent harm from those drugs.”

Myth #2: Legalization will lead to a spike in impaired driving fatalities
“Data from the United States where jurisdictions have legalized is showing that although there may have been a slight increase in motor vehicle collisions related to cannabis, the rate of fatal crashes has not gone up in those states relative to controls that don’t have legal cannabis,” Hyshka said, referring to a study published in the American Journal of Public Health that tracked collisions in Colorado and Washington.

Myth #3: Cannabis is rife with health benefits
“There are people that claim it is a panacea for every health condition and part of a wellness strategy. That is certainly not well established at all in science,” she said, adding there is strong evidence that it does help with chronic pain.
“The science is pretty limited in terms of what has been demonstrated for therapeutic use.”

Myth #4: Cannabis will destroy your brain
“There are also people who claim that cannabis is going to basically damage your brain when you use it, especially if you’re young, and that it’s going to contribute to the intellectual downfall of a generation. And that’s also not true,” she said.
While there is evidence of acute impairments in cognition and memory related to cannabis, Hyshka said studies linking the drug to declines in cognitive function “have not been well controlled.”

Myth #5: Smoking pot in public could lead to unsuspecting passersby getting stoned
“It’s possible that with passive exposure, you could actually end up with an elevated concentration of THC. But it has to be quite a bit – it has to be an intense exposure,” Hyshka said.
“Even with that elevated blood concentration level, it doesn’t necessarily translate to impairment. So I would say more or less that’s not really a practical concern.”

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Loc: Nothing and Nowhere
Re: Five marijuana myths debunked: [Re: rider420]
    #24825262 - 12/04/17 12:02 PM (7 days, 20 hours ago)

I want a job where I can make articles stating things most people already knew.

--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.

Offlinetallmonkey
Orgoknight
Male

Re: Five marijuana myths debunked: [Re: Violet Wizard]
    #24825500 - 12/04/17 02:19 PM (7 days, 18 hours ago)

lol I want a job where I can pretend I care and feel, but instead murder the people I'm supposed to heal, then claim the real healers, herbs and plants fasting and sunlight are actually the killers, make it a mental illness to heal myself, when mental acuity is related to what I put in. Those docs force feed the sick when all they need is to eliminate, give the insides a rest.. I'm a doctor if I don't do what big farma says I'll end up poor. Pile it in doc your full of it. Why was the first healer a dude in china who recommended the stuff? Oh it works... where you doc authority expert  need shows, certificates, and ego flattery to keep you going because if you  stood  still for once  and actually felt the pain and misery you doc would realize you do not help or work at all.  good to see people awaking to their power to choose and watching the rats scramble. I will be happy when I see docs mds and phds wearing signs on the side of the street "will work for food". I'm an expert ppppbbbssst.

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Re: Five marijuana myths debunked: [Re: tallmonkey]
    #24825525 - 12/04/17 02:32 PM (7 days, 17 hours ago)

^ someones got some strange animosity against doctors. I've never had issue with any medical professional and willingly tell them I am a former junkie to get excluded from meds. Marijuana's legality never bothered me much even though I have charges on my record for it. I live in a decriminalized state for it and have paid a ticket for its possession since them.

I just dont see the reason to actually get "upset" about this kinda stuff, vote if it works for you but harboring this type of resentment ". I will be happy when I see docs mds and phds wearing signs on the side of the street "will work for food" toward medical professions and then you elaborate further to PhD which covers more then just doctors. It just seems a bit juvenile to get that upset over something that can be perceived as comical.

Never got the disdain for cops or doctors some people have and ive been in front of both.

--------------------
Promise me to pass the time. Dance with me on plastic tears. Kiss me, we won’t feel alone, till morning when we disappear.

Offlinetallmonkey
Orgoknight
Male

Re: Five marijuana myths debunked: [Re: Violet Wizard]
    #24825977 - 12/04/17 05:38 PM (7 days, 14 hours ago)

O well that's good for you somebody^_^! ^_v! Two thumbs up, WAYYY UP. 3rd leading cause of death in America behind heart disease and cancer is medical murder, Just following doctors orders. He he.  I don't enjoy watching my family and friends die of " we did everything we could, but there's nothing we could do" eye roolllls lol.  I'm not into the turn the other cheek crap. Live and let die I guess . But I agree it is funny, hilarious even, haha HA. I enjoy fighting for my right to live in any way I choose and what can you do about it?  know these days it's not a very  popular view.  it's worse than it appears for many reasons, a big one fraud in number reporting. Just don't eat for 40 days drink water sun gaze moon dance blah blah on. I hope I never become groan up... urgle gurgle. When many of incurable diseases can be cured killed with micro current for pennies. Outta hear, pppppbbbssst that means fart noises with my toungue and lips spit and all that shat. In the illustrious word of john a the junk a: fart knocker.
Here's the junky song: prick prickle
I
II
III
IV
V
V
I V
I I V
III
Then after you found the cure not "da ka ures"
I
X
X
X
IX
IIX
THN WHN  GTS JST  LTL  MCH
IIIX
IV
SO THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! Thanks everyone thank you thank you. See you next time, it's yours YOURS STEAL IT IT IS GOLD. Lololokilololol

Edited by tallmonkey (12/04/17 05:44 PM)

OfflineViolet Wizard
Violet Prisoner
Male

Re: Five marijuana myths debunked: [Re: tallmonkey]
    #24826020 - 12/04/17 05:55 PM (7 days, 14 hours ago)

No one ever said you cant do what you want, you just have to except some societal repercussions for certain adventures. I am not saying its right or wrong but thats not some random ER physicians fault... it is way more complicated then that.

I am not going to lie I cant make heads or tales of what you meant.

" I don't enjoy watching my family and friends die of " we did everything we could, but there's nothing we could do" eye roolllls lol." doctors are not gods and sometimes that is just the case.

"I enjoy fighting for my right to live in any way I choose and what can you do about it?  know these days it's not a very  popular view."

I feel the same way however, I dont think its doctors fault exactly. No one really cares what you do so you can do whatever you want, you just cant get caught doing *some* things. I was an IV junkie copped daily for years, never had issues with cops or doctors... I also dont fit the standard model so that probably helps.

I do understand some disdain toward the current societal system in regards to treatments with or involving substances... but thats hardly a random doctors fault.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service