Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Tripping in a dark room
    #2482373 - 03/30/04 01:32 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Do you guys ever see a light that you just can't pin down? Like you're searching for it but just can't find it. This happens to me all the time, sometimes it drives me nuts! On one of my more recent trips I was able to locate the source of the light and I found that it radiated from me. If I looked straight into the darkness I could see, through sort of a downward peripheral, that it came from my chest. But when I looked down to see it, the light would vanish. I asked my friend if he experienced the same phenomenon and he admitted he did experience it to some extent. But I think that I perhaps tricked him into thinking he was seeing the same thing I was.

On my next trip I experienced the same thing but this time the light was more visable then it was before. I was almost able to see the light in it's entirity before it faded away. I was left to wonder if I was possibly seeing some sort of life force beaming out of me, like my ora. Once I thought of the light this way I could see my friend faintly glowing from from across the room. But this was probably just all in my head.

Any thoughts on this subject?

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: Tripping in a dark room [Re: djd586]
    #2484699 - 03/30/04 08:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Very neat story but I have not experienced an inner light revealing itself.

--------------------

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: Tripping in a dark room [Re: whiterabbit13]
    #2484976 - 03/30/04 09:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Neat indeed, could be your aura, or just an hallucination :smile:

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2485095 - 03/30/04 09:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

If you go into complete darkness for long enough, the chemicals that your brain creates to properly absorb the light along your retina will build up. Eventually they will max out and your body will start to use those chems to make other chems, including DMT.

You'll trip mad if you don't go crazy from messing with your brain chemistry.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2485349 - 03/30/04 10:56 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The Mazatec and other indigenous peoples in Oaxaca, Mexico alway consume their shrooms over a 20-30 minute period in near total darkness except for a few lighted scented candles.

The darker the room the more colorful the visuals.

Thats a five gram or more dose.

mj

A bathtub and a pair of breasts are then in order.

mj

Then you know the meaning of jello.

mj

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Tripping in a dark room [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2485821 - 03/31/04 01:10 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Do they ever have someone playing music during these trips in darkness, Mjshroomer? Or is it just in silence?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Tripping in a dark room [Re: MOTH]
    #2486616 - 03/31/04 10:49 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The following paragraph is excerpted from John W. ALlen's CD-ROM, "Mushroom Pioneers" in the chapter on Maria Sabina.

Quote:

In the tradition of Mazatec shamans and curanderas, Mar?a Sabina would first chew the mushrooms, hold them in her mouth for a while, and then swallow them. The mushrooms should be consumed on an empty stomach and eaten over a 20-30 minute period. She decides who is to take them and the spiritual energies of the sabia always dominate the sessions. These sessions are usually conducted at night, in total darkness so that the visual effects from the mushrooms will be fully effective. A candle or two may be used but is seldom necessary. As the energies of the mushrooms pour themselves into the spiritual voyagers, Do?a Mar?a would chant, slap, and pound her hands against various parts of her body, creating many different resonant sounds while invoking ancient incantations. The thumping chants would totally fill the space of her hut and go beyond the walls to the far horizons of infinity. The chants were used to invoke the mushrooms power and varied depending on the various illness or ailment which the healer is called upon to cure (see footnote 2 at the end of this chapter) (Krippner & Winkelman, 1983; also see Aromin, 1973 in Krippner & Winkelman, 1983). Being a devout Catholic her entire life, she would often blend ancient Mazatec rituals with Christian elements, such as the Eucharist of the Catholic religion. When the mushrooms were not in season, Mar?a Sabina would employ other sacred plants with Christian rites (see footnote 3 at the end of this chapter).

mj

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #2486688 - 03/31/04 11:46 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

When the mushrooms were not in season, Mar?a Sabina would employ other sacred plants with Christian rites (see footnote 3 at the end of this chapter).

Just out of curiousity MJ, would you mind checking the footnote and seeing what other sacred plants were used?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Tripping in a dark room [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2487047 - 03/31/04 02:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

3). When the mushrooms are not in season, Mazatec shamans and curanderas (including Mar?a Sabina) employ several other common psychotropic plants for divination.

One such plant is Salvia divinorum, a member of the mint family which is rich in essential oils. Swiss chemist Albert Hofmann (1980) reported that it was a plant used ceremoniously by Mar?a Sabina. Mazatec shamans and sabias refer to this plant as "Hojas de la Pastora" (leaves of the shepherdess). Do?a Mar?a Sabina referred to it as "la hembra" (the female) (Wasson, 1962b). Salvia's divinatory powers can be experienced by rolling twelve to sixteen mature leaves into a plug and holding it between the cheek and gum for fifteen minutes. Profound visual effects will be noticed with eyes closed or in total darkness. Dried Salvia leaves can also be smoked for milder effects.

When the Salvia herb is not available for use in divination, the Mazatecs employ two different species of Coleus found in Oaxaca. Coleus pumilus is referred to as "el macho" (the male). Two other varieties of Coleus blumi are referred to as (1) "El nene" (the children) and (2) "el ahijado" (the godson). The psychoactivity of Coleus is debated.

Another popular plant, a perennial, is the morning glory Rivea corymbosa, whose seeds contain lysergic acid amides. Also known as ololiuhqui. In Oaxaca, Mazatec shamans refer to the seeds as "Semillas de la Virgen" (seeds of the Virgin). 50 to 300 ground seeds are soaked in cold water for 1 to 3 days and the filtered liquid is consumed in the evening. However, Mar?a Sabina had never used these seeds in any of her ceremonies.

Excerpted from the CD-ROM, "Mushroom Pioneers" by John W. Allen.

mj

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2487915 - 03/31/04 08:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

thankee

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...
 Arcade Champion: Tontie

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2488033 - 03/31/04 08:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks awesome, i wanna try that.

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
    #2488078 - 03/31/04 09:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I love to trip in a dark room with music.

Damn, I cant wait till mushrooms are in season!!

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience