Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleFurrySheep
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: nURHEAD
I had a very scary and eye opening experience saturday
    #2482130 - 03/30/04 12:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Saturday night was quite an eye opener. I had gone over to my friends house to smoke weed just like I usually do every weekend. We had scored some fresh cowfield shrooms that were very powerful earlier in the day and decided to eat them. So, after a few hits off the spoon, my friend chopped up the mushies and we added them to applesauce and spooned them down. We each ate about 8.5g of fresh mushrooms, which doesn't sound like a lot but it was enough to propel both of us into the very far edge of a level 3 trip.

We at the shrooms and then sat around and listened to music. Damn was that trippy. Very good stuff. Anyways afterwards we smoked lots of weed, went outside and chilled, and just basically tripped the night away.

It was a wonderful trip that didn't fully leave me untill around 3:00 in the morning. I was still experiencing a pretty strong body high so I decided that this was a good time to stop and catch a snooze. I told my friend and he agreed, but only after having one more session. We smoked about 2 bowls of mids out of my spoon and I took about 4 one hitter hits. It was now time for sleep.

As I lay there in my friends recliner, my mouth got increasingly dryer and dryer. The kind of dryness that not even a glass of icewater could fix. It sucked so horribly and I was constantly swallowing and coughing, desperatly trying to moisten my mouth. After about 10 minutes of that I could feel my throat slowly start to swell. My breathing became rapid and my heartrate went up. To tell you the truth I was scared shitless. Here I am with a MASSIVE lump in my throat, struggling to get deep breaths to calm myself down and it's 4:00 in the morning and my friend was asleep.

Scary thoughts then started running through my mind. What if I fell asleep and didn't wake up? What if my throat completely closed up while I was awake and I was left to struggle untill I lost conciousness? I was very scared. So scared that I actually made my peace with God. I was trying to think about what might be causing it. I was deathly afraid that I was allergic to something that I ate, possibly the shrooms. Or maybe it was something in the weed. My mind was racing.

Then an odd thing happened. It was as if I had complete control over the situation. I was able to calm myself down, slow my breathing, and lower my heartrate considerably. To tell you the truth it was the best feeling in the world wrapped inside of the worst feeling in the world. I was still having problems breathing, but I was able to control myself enough to become absolutely calm. Try doing that when your throat is slowly swelling enough to make it difficult to breathe.

Well I finally got some sleep at around 4:30, but before then I had plenty of time to think about my situation. I finally realized that my recreational drug use had taken a nasty turn. I was already limiting myself to smoking maybe 3-4 times a week instead of the usual 1-2 times a day. I know that's not a lot,but it was definetly enough for me. I realized that I couldn't keep doing this. I just keep getting myself into dangerous situations like this and risk my wellbeing. I made a decision to quit smoking cigs and drinking beer for good. It was just downright scary.

So I decided then and there to cut down drastically on my marijuana consumption. Even if the weed wasn't a contributing factor to my swollen throat, I decided that I needed to stop. So, from here on out I'm going to try to stay clean for as long as possible. I'll probably still do shrooms once every other weekend or so but that's it. I really need to stop getting fucked up and screwing myself over one way or the other.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: I had a very scary and eye opening experience saturday [Re: FurrySheep]
    #2482317 - 03/30/04 01:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like a similar situation I went through over the summer, but it didn't involve weed. Just shrooms straight up. A few friends and I were walking though the woods when towards the end of our trip I got a bad case of cotton mouth, then my breathing and heart rate increased and I thought I felt my throat swelling up. I looked at my hands and they appeared to be extremly swollen as well. I didn't know if it was the shrooms that fucked me up of if I was stung by a bee or bitten by a venomous bug. My friend's tried to calm me down but I was set on looking for help so I could get some medical attention. I remembered I had a spare xanax in case I freaked out so I pop on of thoes and then popped some tylenol hoping it would reduce the swelling. Long story shory, 15 minutes later I had calmed down and was able to enjoy myself again. After doing some research I found out that I was probably just dehydrated from walking around all day in the 90 degree heat and not consuming water.

I just think you smoked too much weed and became uncomfortable with the feeling of a dry mouth which ultimatly spun you into a panic attack. full blown panic attacks are a horribal ordeal to go through.

If you feel you need to cut back on a few things in your life, that more then fine. You gotta do what's best for you. I hope everything works out for the best.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineCurtishroom
psuedo hippie

Re: I had a very scary and eye opening experience saturday [Re: djd586]
    #2482805 - 03/30/04 07:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, smoking weed while your tripping, especially on shrooms, can make you feel like your mouth and throat is burning off. Its happened to me once and I drank so much to try to releive the dryness, but it still felt like my throat was real dry. From now on, you pbbly shouldn't smoke as much during the trip, but wait until the comedown.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #2483192 - 03/30/04 11:36 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Your mind with the mushrooms blew it way out of proportion.  You can take anything and make it a fatal problem. "my toe hurts... what if I have this disease that can spread from my toe to my heart??" (exaggeration)

One of the most important things I learned was that I can control the mushrooms and anything I feel on them myself.  I can let them guide me too, but if I'm having a bad spiral, I can consciously pull myself out and calm myself down.  You have control over whatever the mushroom does.  You can let go and have the mushroom take the wheel, as well, but if you need to, you can change things around yourself.
Tis a very valuable tool, especially when dealing with a scary situation.
I hear ya w/ cutting back on thr drugs. I've always done mushrooms no more often than like every 3 months, but man I smoke way too much weed, and i don't even smoke every day...

Glad you took away something valuable from the trip-keep prying open your (third) eye. :thumbup:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2484162 - 03/30/04 05:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FurrySheep said:
So, after a few hits off the spoon

?

--------------------

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: I had a very scary and eye opening experience saturday [Re: Blastrid]
    #2484190 - 03/30/04 05:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Blastrid said it perfectly. During every intense trip I've had I experienced the severe cotton mouth, I think it's just the normal cotton mouth you get from smoking weed but your tripping so hard your mouth just feels so dry, it can be hard to talk/swallow/breathe.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2484377 - 03/30/04 06:46 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FurrySheep said:
So, from here on out I'm going to try to stay clean for as long as possible. I'll probably still do shrooms once every other weekend or so but that's it. I really need to stop getting fucked up and screwing myself over one way or the other.

Good for you man, stick to it and do only what you are comfortable with  :thumbup:

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #2484771 - 03/30/04 08:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Just sounds like a severe case of cotton mouth. But it sounds terrifying. I probably would have thought that the shrooms were poisonous or something. I'm glad they weren't.

--------------------

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: I had a very scary and eye opening experience saturday [Re: Noviseer]
    #2486918 - 03/31/04 01:44 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You know, like a straight glass pipe.

Offlineparticlezen
breaking openthe head
 User Gallery

Loc: 2,000 light years from ho...
    #2487133 - 03/31/04 03:11 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

a tiny little pebble in your mouth ( as long as you aren't so fucked that you swallow it...which is why it needs to be a swallowable size just in case ) does the trick

--------------------

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

OfflineDaturaEnigma
Astronaut

Loc: Nibiru
    #2487834 - 03/31/04 07:21 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

one time i had a terrable trip, it started off when my friend said somehting funny then all of a sudden i tears were pouring out of me as i was laughing, my friend asked ifi was crying or laughing i told him i dont know and rain outside then had all these parinod thoughts going through my head about what if i forget how to function and what if i never comedown. i hate being parinod it sucks

--------------------
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity"-Edgar Allan Poe

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: I had a very scary and eye opening experience saturday [Re: DaturaEnigma]
    #2488515 - 03/31/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

a goood descion you've made there my freind, and it shall serve you well as you continue in your journey. keep on trucking

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience