Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
what I think
    #2481935 - 03/29/04 11:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I think spirituality is being in tune with the force of the universe

that permeats through all life. What others would call mere thoughts

and concoctions of the brain, are actually a controlable energy flow

and dirction of thoughts through your own body and mind, which in

itself is composed of the same particles that formed the univierse..

Whether or not it may be provable by scienece that in a psychic card

test 87/100 guesses right is just a statisticle probability, i think

the matter is that some people are more in 'tune' with the nature

around us. nature not only being trees, but rather the nature of the

mind itself and the way it works, and the way your world around you

impacts yourself. some say that all non beleivers dont use thier right

side brain, rather relying on the more left side, and vice versa, but

neither is the case. The key is the top of the mind, the chakra that is

humans connection with 'god' , when directing energy there in

meditation after proper setup and grounding , you can enter states of

oneness or silence and awarenes of the universe . When you silence

your mind you can only help if your 'aware' to be impacted by this true

nature and you can slowly gain insight into the world of 'religion'.

Religion not being Catholic or Jew, rather the religion of yourself and

mind, and how in tune with the universe you are, and how you apply your

energies to your life, and learn and continue to try to find greater

oneness with 'god' or rather , true nature. Some say this reality is a

crutch of the weak mind which cant face true reality, and has performed

self psychosis to program itself to think this way because they cant

deal with death, or other things in life. THis reality many people

atribute to one you would call 'religious', but people who make those

asumptions dont understand the universal truth, because they are so

caught up in their scientific think worlds. many religions out there

are exactly that, crutches to the truth, the truth being your own

personal experience and how far you advance your spiritual oneness .

When Buddha or Jesus taught, they did not intend for man to make their

teachings into creeds or 'churches' as you would think. They meant for

people to learn from what they were telling them, pass it on to others

, and continue the spread of this knowledge of true nature. Neither

examples or any major religious figure in history that most of the

masses of people would deem 'religious' offer the true way. They only

offer their own perspective of thier interpretation of how they are one

in the universe , or how there are moral standards, and that the key to

freedom is the mind. SOme would say all these things fall into the

category as functions of the phsyical mind and therefore not 'real' on

any plane except this phsyical existence. People in that mindset cant

see the greater truth past just beyond thier short life. ....I think

once a person gets passed this reality of skepticsm, and realizes that

there are some things that are never repeatable in science such as a

snowflake, a flower, a human experience, they will relaize there is a

factor involved called the 'unabsolute' which is a total seperate entity

from the absolute scientific laws of psycics and how the world works,

and in itself is the very essence of spirituality.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: what I think [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2481992 - 03/29/04 11:56 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Why do your words look like that?

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: what I think [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2482054 - 03/30/04 12:08 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

he probably copied/pasted from another text program.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #2482068 - 03/30/04 12:11 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Btw, your post made me think. The part about spirituality being intended for personal experience rather than preached rhetoric makes a lot of sense.
It really got me thinking.

The snowflake, the single experience. What Mircea Eliade may refer to as a sacred moment. Hierophany perhaps. A glimpse at the divine.

Good post.

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2482344 - 03/30/04 01:24 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Very nice post, 2Experimental. I concur.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#2482500 - 03/30/04 02:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

>I think spirituality is being in tune with the force of the universe that permeats through all life.
-The spirit is a primitive analogy for the mind. The mind is a function in the brain; it could be called a persons "inner being" or conciousness. It includes an ego, emotions, and feelings...

>What others would call mere thoughts and concoctions of the brain, are actually a controlable energy flow and dirction of thoughts through your own body and mind
-If this kind of energy actually existed, why isn't it demonstratable to people WHO DON'T already believe it? I have found it true that thoughts and ideas only manifest outside of the mind when the physical body efforts them out. You can think of a dog house, and then you can build it. It doesn't pop into existence by mere thought. Also, you can say the word "doghouse" but you can't throw the idea of a dog house to the president of the united states. This energy only exists inside the personal reality of someone and doesn't affect others.

> which in itself is composed of the same particles that formed the univierse..
-If the universe is self-containing, everything in the universe is made of itself.

Whether or not it may be provable by scienece that in a psychic card test 87/100 guesses right is just a statisticle probability, i think the matter is that some people are more in 'tune' with the nature around us.

>nature not only being trees, but rather the nature of the mind itself and the way it works, and the way your world around you impacts yourself.
-It's very important to understand how the world functions. A major cause of disunity amongst people is contradicting beliefs between eachother. You admit it's important to know how your mind works... now you must ask yourself how do you know what you know? Relying on experience alone is entirely subjective (subjective: Existing only in the mind; illusory) and 10 people with the same experience will give 10 different accounts of it. Objectivity (objectivity: Having actual existence or reality) promotes universal reality and understanding. If you apply this to how the world functions, you can only get unity when everyone participates in a universal reality. Definitions by dictionary.com

>The key is the top of the mind, the chakra that is humans connection with 'god' , when directing energy there in meditation after proper setup and grounding , you can enter states of oneness or silence and awarenes of the universe .
-The key is the mind, the realization one has of itself. You can enter states of awareness in many ways, the easiest is just being aware that you are. Shutting off your senses in meditaion is one way to expand your personal reality... you no longer need gravity an you can meet god and travel space and steal energy from the sun. None of these things you could do in your own miserable life, so you might as well have fun making up your own right? Just be careful what you bring back, it causes all kinds of problems.

>When you silence your mind you can only help if your 'aware' to be impacted by this true nature and you can slowly gain insight into the world of 'religion'. Religion not being Catholic or Jew, rather the religion of yourself and mind, and how in tune with the universe you are, and how you apply your energies to your life, and learn and continue to try to find greater oneness with 'god' or rather , true nature.
-A good describing word for this egocentric "Taking one's own self as the starting point in a philosophical system." You have started a cult of yourself where you can lead the way into darkness while simultaneously following. Your belief system was once changing as you added more and more new age and christianity... but the foundations are setting and one day you will not even remember why your believed these foundations, but that they support all your other ideas so they must be true...

>Some say this reality is a crutch of the weak mind which cant face true reality, and has performed self psychosis to program itself to think this way because they cant deal with death, or other things in life. THis reality many people atribute to one you would call 'religious'
-I certainly consider what you've made for yourself a religion ("Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.") because thats exactly what you've been talking about.

>but people who make those asumptions dont understand the universal truth, because they are so caught up in their scientific think worlds.
-Universal truth? Think worlds? Now that my own ideas are being used against me I'll be able to explain myself to the fullest. Science is all about being able to duplicate an experiment to get the same conclusion... this is like experience but differs because people come up with the same conclusions. Anything that left to be disputed can be done through logic. This allows people to live in a common reality; with universal truth. If there was ever a hope for "oneness" between beings it would be here. Your beliefs, no matter how much good intention there is behind them, will never affect those who don't already believe what you do. Whether you want them to or not, they will promote conflict when they are exposed to people who believe different things.

>many religions out there are exactly that, crutches to the truth, the truth being your own personal experience and how far you advance your spiritual oneness.
-Yeah, but what religion doesn't denounce all the others and say you can get the "real" truth by [insert dogma]

>the truth being your own personal experience
-What you are saying is that each individuals personal reality IS the truth. How can conflicting truth be any truth at all? Unless every personal reality matches with the universal reality there isn't going to be universal truth.

>When Buddha or Jesus taught, they did not intend for man to make their teachings into creeds or 'churches' as you would think.
-They did mean for teachings to be spread and thats exactly what churches are set-up to do. Some even launch campaigns to different counties in order to convert them.

>or how there are moral standards, and that the key to freedom is the mind.
-No, the key to freedom is toleration of free will. Remember these "moral standards" are time-stamped biases and would have anyone marrying the same sex, in multiples, or eating a ham and cheese sandwhich murdered.
>....I think once a person gets passed this reality of skepticsm, and realizes that there are some things that are never repeatable in science such as a snowflake, a flower, a human experience,
-A snowflake, a flower and a human experience develop uniquely because of the totally unique factors in which they develop. This does not change the fact that all snow flakes are made of water, all flowers came from a seed, or all human experiences begin with the minds perception.

>they will relaize there is a factor involved called the 'unabsolute' which is a total seperate entity from the absolute scientific laws of psycics and how the world works, and in itself is the very essence of spirituality.
-The unabsolute that makes a water into a snowflake, a seed into a flower, or perception into a human experience are variables. Science is about understanding the variables. Science seeks to balance the equation, it promotes knowledge and truth that you can share with anyone without prejudice.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #2485161 - 03/30/04 10:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for all the replies... I'll take one issue you commented on and take it further, ShroomHermit:"The unabsolute that makes a water into a snowflake, a seed into a flower, or perception into a human experience are variables. Science is about understanding the variables." There are no unabsolutes in science, science is the oposite spectrum of the world of the mind and nature, the vast changing never repeatable experience. HOw can you say that science can understand something that never is the same and always changing? maybe they understand what it IS, but not the force and nature behind it, this doesent make it classifyable as science.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#2488441 - 03/31/04 10:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

>HOw can you say that science can understand something that never is the same and always changing?
-In a controlled setting scientists can make ice crystals form in the same way, they can study the role genetics play on a developing flower, they can study how the brain works.

>maybe they understand what it IS, but not the force and nature behind it, this doesent make it classifyable as science.
-In my opinion, science DOES study the nature behind things. We know how crystals form on a molecular basis; snowflakes develop geometrically into 6 sides because of characterists that water molecules have. We know how plants form on a genetic basis; taking out or adding genes in a lab could make a flower have leaves for petals etc. We know alot about the brain, it's not as easily studied as ice and plants... but we know about neurons and how altering different sectors of the brain alter how the mind works.

Science can understand these things in a controlled setting because it seperates the things they are studing from all the interferance you'd "experience" in the field. Science does explain the forces behind things, but it will never satisfy someone who wants to believe that snowflakes and flowers are unique because they are handcrafted by god, or that whatever is created internally in the mind must be true.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology