Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: The Ecstatic] * 3
    #25223296 - 05/23/18 02:30 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

"Not having a message"

Yeah its only been explained ad nauseum why the players are kneeling and what theyre drawing attention to.

These are the same people who cheered on Trump for saying MAGA. Now suddenly they need a clear and concise message hammered into their heads? Horseshit. Its just a convenieny excuse to side with the racists, yet again. I'm so surprised.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesprinkles
otd president
Other User Gallery

Loc: washington state Flag
Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25223326 - 05/23/18 02:37 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

CAN WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?  fuck

a democrap is a republitard and visa versa.  you are all freaks.  you are all the same and need to fucking shut up.

its a fucking distraction to keep you divided and hating one another.  and you cant stop arguing long enough to look at the big picture.  Good God.  how do i live?  WHY do i live?  :wtfsonic:

--------------------
welcome to my world http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/326

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: sprinkles] * 1
    #25223331 - 05/23/18 02:39 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I’m not anything. I have a low tolerance for bullshit

And there’s plenty of it

--------------------

Rate me here

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: sprinkles] * 3
    #25223348 - 05/23/18 02:43 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

sprinkles said:
CAN WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?  fuck

a democrap is a republitard and visa versa.  you are all freaks.  you are all the same and need to fucking shut up.

its a fucking distraction to keep you divided and hating one another.  and you cant stop arguing long enough to look at the big picture.  Good God.  how do i live?  WHY do i live?  :wtfsonic:

Dont call me a democrat.

And this "we all need to meet in the middle" is some dumb shit. That mentality is why Dwight Eisenhower would be to the left of democrats today.

"Lets just keep ceding ground to the right wing. Sure its destroying the country but at least people will appreciate our compromising ways (they dont)."

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25223465 - 05/23/18 03:24 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
"Not having a message"

Yeah its only been explained ad nauseum why the players are kneeling and what theyre drawing attention to.

These are the same people who cheered on Trump for saying MAGA. Now suddenly they need a clear and concise message hammered into their heads? Horseshit. Its just a convenieny excuse to side with the racists, yet again. I'm so surprised.

Well, it's just a matter of opinion if the message had clarity or not, but the most important part was that the NFL fan base thought it was extremely disrespectful to the entire country.

The whole thing was a disaster and now they're trying to make sure this doesn't happen again, but of course keep crying racism as the NFL moves forward and tries to fix all of the damage that has been done.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: qman] * 2
    #25223478 - 05/23/18 03:28 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Its not a matter of opinion. There was a message. If you cant understand itnor choose to ignore it thats your problem.

Yes, the NFL is taking steps to avoid a repeat of this because theyre in it for the money and conversations about social issues dont make them money.

We know it has nothing to do with patriotism because the players werent even on the field during the anthem until the DoD gave the owners a bunch of money to have them start doing so in 2012.

--------------------

Invisiblemycosis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSA Flag
    #25223591 - 05/23/18 04:18 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

players werent even on the field during the anthem until the DoD gave the owners a bunch of money to have them start doing so in 2012.

^ That would be an example of fake news.

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
    #25223609 - 05/23/18 04:25 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Its not a matter of opinion. There was a message. If you cant understand itnor choose to ignore it thats your problem.

Yes, the NFL is taking steps to avoid a repeat of this because theyre in it for the money and conversations about social issues dont make them money.

We know it has nothing to do with patriotism because the players werent even on the field during the anthem until the DoD gave the owners a bunch of money to have them start doing so in 2012.

:lolwut: do you even watch football? It was a written rule from football started.  All players must be on the sidelines during pre game ceremonies, which includes being on field for the anthem. Although it doesn't say you must stand

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25223638 - 05/23/18 04:40 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Hmm, there's a difference between not being present during the anthem and kneeling on the field during the anthem.

"There was a message"

So why didn't the NFL fan base embrace it if it was so wonderful?

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: qman]
    #25223990 - 05/23/18 07:34 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Hmm, there's a difference between not being present during the anthem and kneeling on the field during the anthem.

"There was a message"

Because sadly, the guy that yells loudest is the guy that ends up being right, and out president is one loud ass moron.

You guys see that he can't legally block people on Twitter anymore?

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #25224033 - 05/23/18 07:51 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

"There was a message"

Because sadly, the guy that yells loudest is the guy that ends up being right, and out president is one loud ass moron.

So Trump is now responsible for the protests being a complete social-economic disaster the NFL?  :rofl2:

I'm sorry, but Trump made comments about this shit storm pretty late into the day.  The NFL fan base had very serious issues with the protesting before Mr. Big Mouth entered into the equation.

I think your memory failed you on this issue.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: qman] * 1
    #25224075 - 05/23/18 08:04 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I'm in the NFL fanbase and I didn't have any issues with the protesting.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25224090 - 05/23/18 08:09 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Well, what do you think the protest are about? Or why? Because the thing is, I might not be a fan of the NFL. But I knew within a week of the first protest, mostly from other NFL fans, that some quarterback was kneeling to protest police brutality. It was right after that black kid got shot by the cop for having a toy gun, I think. But like, not the last time, the time before that. Anyway. That was the thing for a while. Then, suddenly, fox news (which I do watch, along with cnn, I just only trust the stuff corroborated by NYT) was saying that football players were anti-American and shit.

Then the whole conversation changed. That's when the first NFL topic showed up here. Might have been this one. It just wasn't really a thing I thought about before then. Black dude quietly protesting other black dudes being shot for no reason, yeah, whatever. Suddenly it was black dude disrespecting the flag, and the troops, and everybody flipped out. Personally, I think that all those troops fought for our freedoms, including the freedom to disrespect. And I think that some subset of US troops is quite worthy of disrespect, notably the ones responsible for the well-publicized massacres.  Some are worthy of respect. I think around this time the Presidential Twitter Machine (tm) roared to life, and then people got pissed.

Then I remember the Pence visit, and I remember thinking "Well, what did you expect? What was this, besides a show and a waste of money?"

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: Kryptos]
    #25224109 - 05/23/18 08:20 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

If you remember correctly mike pence was the governor of Indiana and was born and raised there. The day mike pence visited Lucas oil stadium, what day was it?
It was the day they honored peyton manning with a statue unveiling ceremony. Mannings a hero to Indiana and the colts, so why wouldn't pence attend the ceremony and plan to watch the game after?

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25224270 - 05/23/18 09:51 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Lets all keep in mind theres also people protesting the NFL over concussions/CTE, their treatment of the protest, and other issues.

Just because theres people boycotting the NFL doesnt mean theyre all boycotting because they hate Kaepernick.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25224784 - 05/24/18 06:31 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
If you remember correctly mike pence was the governor of Indiana and was born and raised there. The day mike pence visited Lucas oil stadium, what day was it?
It was the day they honored peyton manning with a statue unveiling ceremony. Mannings a hero to Indiana and the colts, so why wouldn't pence attend the ceremony and plan to watch the game after?

All of that makes sense, if Pence had actually attended the game. He walked out on the unveiling of a statue of a local hero, apparently.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: mycosis] * 2
    #25224984 - 05/24/18 08:21 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mycosis said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

players werent even on the field during the anthem until the DoD gave the owners a bunch of money to have them start doing so in 2012.

^ That would be an example of fake news.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nfl-sideline-anthem/

In 2009, the NFL made it mandatory for players to be on the sidelines during the national anthem for all primetime games.

So no. Not fake.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25224998 - 05/24/18 08:27 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/24/trump-supports-nfls-decision-on-national-anthem-policy.html

Trump- "You have to stand proudly for the national anthem. You shouldn't be playing, you shouldn't be there. Maybe they shouldn't be in the country"

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
    #25225066 - 05/24/18 08:53 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

more republicans saying that some united states citizens shouldn't be in the country (or asking, before you fucking semantics me, qman) simply for exercising their rights as american citizens. 

pathetic pandering shitbag, he is.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25225067 - 05/24/18 08:53 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Brilliant. Lets deport people for not being adequately patriotic.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >