Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next > | Last >
OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: MagicMush123] * 2
    #25228953 - 05/25/18 10:25 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

You're assuming that all the people who stopped watching the NFL did so because they were outraged about the protests.

And its been 17% since 2015. Less than 6% per year on average. Thats explained easily by other factors such as cable subscription declines (which account for close to 3% a year recently), CTE, too many commercials, and theres even people who boycott the NFL because they SUPPORT Kaepernick.

All told the amount of people who stopped watching the NFL last year over outrage at players kneeling during the anthem account for maybe 1% of their ratings. And thats being generous. Do I think at least 1% of of NFL fans are spiteful racist idiots? Abso fucking lutely.

--------------------

Edited by The Ecstatic (05/26/18 05:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #25229485 - 05/26/18 08:10 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
I'm not even disagreeing that its different dude. I'm just pointing out there's a spectrum. Some employees can't even protest on their own time without it hurting them at the workplace.

Its just not as black and white and "its common sense really" simple as people make it out to be. If protesting at work about something our bosses didnt like was outlawed, we'd never get anywhere. I think the social utility of getting this conversation to the forefront of popular discourse (which it has) outweighs the squeamishness of those who don't want to have the conversation. Because, let cut the shit, this outrage about Kaepernick has nothing to do with soldiers or flags or patriotism or the sanctity of the workplace, its racism. Maybe not for you, for others, but for the vast majority thats what it is. This new rule is put in place to keep that conversation from happening. Even if league and the owners only did it to protect their profits, theyre still doing so by appealing to their racist fans. Nobody is gonna insult my intelligence and tell me that all these people who hate Kaepernick are doing so because they cherish the autonomy of the NFL so much (they fucking hate Goodell) that theyd quit watching a sport they love. Horseshit.

If there was a rule banning players from wearing MAGA hats all the conservatives would be crying about free speech and the fascist NFL silencing them, lets not pretend otherwise.

"this outrage about Kaepernick...its racism"

No, it's about a football game not being the ideal environment to discuss or debate the potential racial inequality that might be taking place, and disrespecting the flag is highly offensive to a lot of people.

"This new rule is put into place to keep the conversation from happening"

That's correct, it keeps that conversation from happening at NFL games. The fans want to just get away from issues in real life and enjoy a football game.

"by appealing to racist fans"

No, people that don't want this stuff forced down their throats at a football game. This conversation can happen somewhere else, the NFL doesn't want to destroy their product.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: qman] * 2
    #25229545 - 05/26/18 08:45 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Horseshit. People love having stuff forced down their throats as long as they agree with it. None of these people mind the anthem being shoved down the players' throats.

Its racism and no amount of copypasta from the Breitbart comment section is going to convince me otherwise.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: The Ecstatic] * 1
    #25229549 - 05/26/18 08:47 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Even if you want to argue there are fans out there who might be sympathetic to questions of police brutality but dont want it near the NFL, those people are absolutely dwarfed by the herd of racists who all got their identical talking points from other racists.

Like I said, racists got this rule changed because it is (virtually entirely) racists who don't want to talk about police brutality.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25229609 - 05/26/18 09:12 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Horseshit. People love having stuff forced down their throats as long as they agree with it. None of these people mind the anthem being shoved down the players' throats.

The anthem and sporting events have an obvious connection, protesting "racial inequality" at sporting events is entirely another issue. It's completely disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Even if you want to argue there are fans out there who might be sympathetic to questions of police brutality but dont want it near the NFL, those people are absolutely dwarfed by the herd of racists who all got their identical talking points from other racists.

Like I said, racists got this rule changed because it is (virtually entirely) racists who don't want to talk about police brutality.

No, corporate sponsors got this rule changed because money rules the day.

"racist who don't want to talk about police brutality"

No, people don't want to attend a football game and hear the same victimization (nonwhites) and perpetrators (whites) theme at their favorite pastime.

If this "movement" has as much credibility and merit as you claim, it doesn't need a football field to generate a strong conversation to make real social change. The fact of the matter is this "movement" was a failure since day one.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: qman]
    #25229662 - 05/26/18 09:58 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Again, you havent demonstrated the backlash from protests had any meaningful effect on ad revenue.

You're arguing in circles because you have no real argument.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25229676 - 05/26/18 10:10 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Again, you havent demonstrated the backlash from protests had any meaningful effect on ad revenue.

You're arguing in circles because you have no real argument.

The "protests" were short lived last season, so it's difficult to quantify the exact amount of damage it may have had on the ratings decline.

Either way, it was a distraction the NFL didn't want to deal with anymore. The league is about profits, not dealing with social issues.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25229681 - 05/26/18 10:15 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly. Ratings have been falling gradually regardless of protests.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: The Ecstatic] * 4
    #25229691 - 05/26/18 10:22 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The anthem and sporting events have an obvious connection

Really? Why does attending a sporting event require coerced displays of patriotism?

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: koods]
    #25229700 - 05/26/18 10:27 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

If patriotic themes translated into ratings, NASCAR wouldnt be on the brink of nonexistence.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#25229701 - 05/26/18 10:27 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

the league is about profits, not dealing with social issues.

That statement is only true it you ignore the history of professional sports or sports in general

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25229749 - 05/26/18 11:04 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

Really? Why does attending a sporting event require coerced displays of patriotism?

If the sporting leagues believe it benefits the business model, that's what they choose to do.

Offlineqman
Stranger

#25229755 - 05/26/18 11:07 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

the league is about profits, not dealing with social issues.

That statement is only true it you ignore the history of professional sports or sports in general

Well, sports don't operate in a complete vacuum, but for the most part it's about ratings and money in 2018.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#25229776 - 05/26/18 11:22 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

more concessions than an NFL stadium. :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
    #25229884 - 05/26/18 12:20 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

If the sporting leagues believe it benefits the business model, that's what they choose to do.

I think we can all agree if these protests were having a positive impact on the NFL. They would have encouraged and glorified them. But thats simply not the case, it had a negative impact. Big corporations like NFL want to keep things neutral to appeal to a greater audience. They dont want to take sides on issues that will polarize and divide fans.  Funny how their protest polarized fans, owners, locker rooms and corporate sponsors. It was simply too divisive and bad for business.

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25230491 - 05/26/18 07:07 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

The more I think about it the workplace is sorta of a place where protests are common.

Think about it.

Wages
Time off
Better work conditions/safety

Sure, not like what we’re talking about here but, idk

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: MagicMush123]
    #25230580 - 05/26/18 08:13 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

I think we can all agree if these protests were having a positive impact on the NFL. They would have encouraged and glorified them. But thats simply not the case, it had a negative impact. Big corporations like NFL want to keep things neutral to appeal to a greater audience. They dont want to take sides on issues that will polarize and divide fans.  Funny how their protest polarized fans, owners, locker rooms and corporate sponsors. It was simply too divisive and bad for business.

So why did they take sides?

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: koods] * 2
    #25230587 - 05/26/18 08:17 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

The right reminds me of muslims. They say they believe in free speech but you can't be disrespectful if the prophet or the flag

Compelled patriotism is revolting.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
    #25230589 - 05/26/18 08:18 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
i]
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

So why did they take sides?

They basically took both sides. They said wait in the locker room to kneel, and here's 90 million in social activism funds. They also said they would dedicate themselves to getting more black coaches in the league

Actually it seems the players won. They got 90 million of free money for whatever programs or charities or whatever the fuck else they want to do with it

Edited by MagicMush123 (05/26/18 08:25 PM)

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: Bad News For The NFL [Re: MagicMush123] * 1
    #25230593 - 05/26/18 08:25 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Money can’t buy morality

--------------------

Rate me here

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next > | Last >

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom