Home | Community | Message Board

Mycotrop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJunglefever420
Stranger
Any convincing fly amanita look alikes in CA?
    #24805913 - 11/25/17 04:58 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Hello everyone long time reader first time poster. Are here any convincing fly amanita look alikes in the northwest US? I mean large, red, white warts  stem and gills? The only look alike ive come upon is Amanita parcivolvata but that appears to grow only on the east side of the country.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDazzz
Lost in crazytown
 User Gallery

Re: Any convincing fly amanita look alikes in CA? [Re: Junglefever420]
    #24805947 - 11/25/17 05:16 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

U got any pictures..spore color?..the most important detai is very subtle and its the base of the stem...bulb..there are very deadly amanitas out there but red is a pretty good indicator...still, a trained eye needs to see them and point out details you might have missed....be happy, probability is high that its muscaria, but color is funny, it varies slightly from cap to cap..I got an oz or two right in front of me and some are orange red, some are bloodred, some are yellowish and not much red at all...the lighter toned ones r where you gotta be really cautious but there may be deadly reds I just asked the very same question a week ago but im on the east...and thats a tricky question to positively answer, take care of them...dont toss em just yet, but take some good pics and keep the base and skirt intact very gently, most of these cats know alot more than me on west coast shrooms

OfflineJunglefever420
Stranger
Re: Any convincing fly amanita look alikes in CA? [Re: Dazzz]
    #24806330 - 11/25/17 08:46 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks man, yeah im farmiliar now with how the base should look, but wasnt when i picked them.  When it was wet  it and its very large neighbors were all quite red capped, lit up like a stop sign on the side of the 101. Unfortunately now it is dried.

OfflineDazzz
Lost in crazytown
 User Gallery

Re: Any convincing fly amanita look alikes in CA? [Re: Junglefever420]
    #24806363 - 11/25/17 09:25 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, listen..dont jump in the deep end head first man...ppl are gonna tell you to eat a half oz..dont do it...half a cap, save other half in case you have a bad reaction, so ems knows whats in you....three grams is a good place to start...dry....and dont b scared, ppl have posted bad trip reports, but in my experience, very gentle and calming high
And just a disclaimer, never eat wild mushrooms beside the road, they can soak up and concentrate heavy metals and chemicals from the road...a trained mycologist should id them to be safe..take care of yourself, theyre cheap online...if you have doubt, buy some and compare

Edited by Dazzz (11/25/17 09:33 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification