Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelmao
Stranger
 User Gallery
Oyster in Shopping Bag
    #24803382 - 11/24/17 07:26 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Hi all,

I guess this question has been asked multiple times but even using the search engine I can't find a conclusive answer.

I was successfull in making liquid culture of Oyster and Shiitake and transfered it to grain Spawn (1 kg bags). Now I got 10 kg of coffee from a Cafe and mixed it 5:1 with my grain Spawn. Both 6 kg packages I've put into white/transparent shopping bags.

I very loosely knoted the shoping bags together, so there is no evaporation going on, but still air exchange.

I'm just wondering if that is enough air for the colonization or if I should put holes in the side of the bags?
If so, would my mushrooms later fruit out of those holes?
My plan right now was to wait until colonization is finished, open the bag, soak the "cake" in water over night, drain it off, close the bag again (this time really tight) and make some holes on the side of the bags.

Would be happy about some expert opinions.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: Oyster in Shopping Bag [Re: lmao]
    #24803422 - 11/24/17 08:34 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

If you mixed the coffee un sterilized in at least a sab it will grow mold. Mold LOVES coffee and grows crazy good on it. The coffe is a supplement that has to be used at low ratios. Next time spawn the grains to mulch or straw. There is a tek for using scotts brand mulch straight from the bag with only hydrating it and putting into shopping bags. I perssonally have a couple shopping bags of osyters spawned to pasteurized straw and it is going good so far. IF you get them all the way to fruit with no mold, go buy a lotto ticket because everything says they should grow mold instead of oysters because you spawned to nitrogen rich coffee without sterilizing, unless you left some details out.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started