Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJowdenn pyschesss
Stranger
 User Gallery
I NEED ADVICE!!!
    #24802872 - 11/23/17 10:13 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

So I haven't been to the Oregon coast for about 12-13 years so I have no idea what it looks like but me and a couple friends were planning on making a trip down there tomorrow to see if we can't find any active mushrooms which is a 3 hour drive but from all the talk we've heard of it sounds like a promising place for Cyans and azures.

I've been fascinated by psychedelics for a couple years now and have been doing as much research as possible on psilocybin mushrooms for about 2 years as far as hunting goes. but I still end up empty handed on every hunt and I really don't want to disappoint my friends and waist a 3 hour trip to the coast and $25 in gas money for nothing so that's why I'm here asking all you pros for some very much needed advice.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it'd be very much appreciated, I have a hard time figuring out were I should start looking and I'm also not really sure exactly what I should even be looking for...

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDazzz
Lost in crazytown
 User Gallery

Re: I NEED ADVICE!!! [Re: Jowdenn pyschesss]
    #24802895 - 11/23/17 10:30 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Red amanita muscaria...white spots...big big caps, look them up, take some good pics, post them here, not psilicybin but they are magic and they do grow there in pines..different high, 2,3 grams..dry..to start, but I cant stress this enuf, let us see them first, some other amanitas are very deadly, looking a lil like them isnt good enuf, red..not white, not brown, but red with white dots..good luck and be safe and responsible..get the base of them too, gently

InvisibleApostleofAzathoth
lunatic wielding pressure cooker
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the PNW
    #24803098 - 11/24/17 01:11 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

The Oregon coast is a great place to hunt active mushrooms! You will want to look for Psilocybe Azurescens, and Psilocybe Cyanescens.

You are likely to find Cyans in deciduous wood chips. Look in the forest and in semi-urban areas.

You should look for Azzies in dune grass towards the beach, preferably where trees or other woody plants are somewhat near by. It is also possible to find Azzies in wood chips, but less likely.

Both of these mushrooms have white stems, brown caps, purple spore prints and will bruise blue when handled roughly. This website has excellent collections of pictures and information about both of these species. Here are some links.

https://www.shroomery.org/12501/Psilocybe-cyanescens
https://www.shroomery.org/12495/Psilocybe-azurescens

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

#24803129 - 11/24/17 01:38 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Read as much as possible here.

https://www.shroomery.org/5/Hunting-Mushrooms

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification