Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

Re: I really need some advice [Re: MisterKush]
    #24791113 - 11/18/17 08:19 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

What if I did something like soak the perlite and wet the cakes then take off the lid so the cakes can get light from this being screwed in above it? I would end up restoring the lid during the day when the light is off obviously. Or is that no good....:mad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

#24791164 - 11/18/17 08:53 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Actually I think I figured it out, f*** that lid idea. How does this config look?

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #24791169 - 11/18/17 08:55 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

In all honesty you have reached the limits with what can be tweaked with, you really need to have a proper setup or wait with growing mushrooms until you have a setup that allows your u to grow healthy mushrooms :shrug: there's really not much we can help you with if you don't even have the most basic environment for your mushies.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

Re: I really need some advice [Re: Mateja]
    #24791176 - 11/18/17 09:00 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I'm not arguing with you there, after this turns out I'm going to just wait until I can set it up all properly. It all just went down in my head one way and turned out another. That being said I really do not want to just throw in the towel now. I built the sgfc wrong at first but fixed it. The only thing it lacked really was proper lighting. But I truthfully think what I have setup now should work.

Invisiblevan hattonFacebookDiscord
Still a noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Trusted Cultivator
    #24791177 - 11/18/17 09:00 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

:whathesaid: also there is an edit button For your posts.

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:
:thumbsup:
Fun part is figuring out what works best for you

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

Re: I really need some advice [Re: van hatton]
    #24791179 - 11/18/17 09:01 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

van hatton said:
:whathesaid: also there is an edit button For your posts.

my bad. Can I get an opinion on this light config though? Please?

Edited by MisterKush (11/18/17 09:02 AM)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #24791187 - 11/18/17 09:06 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Is there light? Yes?
Ok good

Still a noob
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I really need some advice [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24791193 - 11/18/17 09:07 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Also :whathesaid: for what your trying to accomplish

They aren't like plants which rely on a really good light to do really well.

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:

InvisibleMateja

#24791206 - 11/18/17 09:13 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

The lighting you got would probably produce decent yield if all the other FC standards had been met. But your chances are really slim at this point. I see perhaps a few puny fruits and aborts in the future with this setup at best I'm reply sorry to say this I know that you are very well aware that this is a bad setup and I know that you are planning on doing it better next time and that you only want to squeeze out what you can from this setup since you got nothing to lose, I understand you. Place the lamp where it stands and fruit withh the lid turned 90 degrees and check on them often.

Your tub is too small to allow for proper FAE and the room it's in is also to small to provide for natural air currents (which you need to have a fully functioning SGFC) that why I advise you to fruit with the lid turned 90 degrees like I explained to you a few days ago! GL man hope you aare least get some fruits, take good care of it, check on it often!

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

#24791219 - 11/18/17 09:18 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
The lighting you got would probably produce decent yield if all the other FC standards had been met. But your chances are really slim at this point. I see perhaps a few puny fruits and aborts in the future with this setup at best I'm reply sorry to say this I know that you are very well aware that this is a bad setup and I know that you are planning on doing it better next time and that you only want to squeeze out what you can from this setup since you got nothing to lose, I understand you. Place the lamp where it stands and fruit withh the lid turned 90 degrees and check on them often.

Your tub is too small to allow for proper FAE and the room it's in is also to small to provide for natural air currents (which you need to have a fully functioning SGFC) that why I advise you to fruit with the lid turned 90 degrees like I explained to you a few days ago! GL man hope you aare least get some fruits, take good care of it, check on it often!

Thank you for the advice I'm pretty optimistic about the yield though I mean my FC although its small. isn't too poorly built. It does have enough holes for airflow even if airflow is very little in that room, I'm constantly down there fanning and misting an just checking on them in general. I'm just going to have to wait and see.

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

#24791428 - 11/18/17 11:29 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

van hatton said:
Also :whathesaid: for what your trying to accomplish

They aren't like plants which rely on a really good light to do really well.

This made me curious to ask, is light positioning more of a factor than light quality? By light positioning I mean, like how most people have their lights directly down towards their shrooms so that they grow upward. As opposed to like how I have mine setup where there light is on one side of the cakes (which on a side note, I'm able to place the light I have in the picture up there, on top of the tub and the lights is shinning right through to the top onto the cakes and the sides are getting some ambient lighting from that too I think this is how I will do it.)

Still a noob
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24791438 - 11/18/17 11:33 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Nah the mushrooms tend to grow towards light for whatever reason

When I stack monos I just lean the light against the side of the tubs. If I feel picky then I'll move to light to the other side so they even out more.

--------------------

Tmethyl said:

Caps McGee said:

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

#24791472 - 11/18/17 11:47 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Okay makes sense. Well considering I do have everything I'm supposed to have now after doing some digging around the house and stuff. The biggest thing I am most likely lacking is airflow like mateah up there said. I am trying my best to fan when i can even though bodhisatta is right about the sgfc not needing fanning other than after misting I was sorta fanning to replace the fact that there is probably poor air circulation in there. I wish there was a way other than this grow lol, to tell if there was for sure poor flow. I now have the light on top of the tub and it seems to be lighting the inside fairly well. I can see all the perlite and the sides aren't completely darkened so I mean that's good. It's definitely better than wtf I was using before lmao. I'll give the cakes another week or 2 before dunking again

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

#24793445 - 11/19/17 10:58 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

So I tried out this light for the 1st 12 hours, and I swear I'm starting to see some raised puffy and bumpy mycelium on top. I hope it's actual primordia! Could I get some  opinions on these cakes? Too wet, dry,anything wrong with them at all just from looks?

Edited by MisterKush (11/19/17 12:20 PM)

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

#24793644 - 11/19/17 12:45 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I ended up editing in some pictures of the cakes (taken today) Looking okay?

InvisibleMateja

#24793935 - 11/19/17 04:07 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Looks pretty good! Make sure the cakes have dried off a bit before you mist them again. You want them to go from being covered with tiny droplets
to where they have evaporated off most of the surface moisture. Then you give them another good misting and let them evaporate.
This is the rhythm you want :thumbup:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

#24794011 - 11/19/17 04:40 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
Looks pretty good! Make sure the cakes have dried off a bit before you mist them again. You want them to go from being covered with tiny droplets
to where they have evaporated off most of the surface moisture. Then you give them another good misting and let them evaporate.
This is the rhythm you want :thumbup:

Thank you for this, it's a good confidence boost for me that this isn't over yet. I am so glad I was able to put this light to use and I have high hopes for it and truthfully believe it has already helped

Offlinenubgrower
Dude
Male

Loc: Moon 13 the Moon.
    #24797123 - 11/21/17 03:18 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
Quote:

MisterKush said:
Okay so here is what I am working with

Was the photo taken from a window? Or a door? I don't understand this picture, can you provide some measurements of the room? :smile:
SGFC need at least e few meter around it and some air movement to work properly. Are you occupying that room or another one?

Looks like some sort of cubby hole under the stairs?  looks like a sump pump in the concrete there...

--------------------
Great teks here.
And here.
Fortunately, I’m adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber

Edited by nubgrower (11/21/17 03:19 AM)

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

Re: I really need some advice [Re: nubgrower]
    #24797665 - 11/21/17 11:54 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nubgrower said:
Quote:

Mateah said:
Quote:

MisterKush said:
Okay so here is what I am working with

Was the photo taken from a window? Or a door? I don't understand this picture, can you provide some measurements of the room? :smile:
SGFC need at least e few meter around it and some air movement to work properly. Are you occupying that room or another one?

Yes it is a sump pump lol it was a very tiny room built specifically for the sump pump and to hide it from view. Right now the cakes smell very shroomy There are bumps starting to form on the top now that the light has been in there for a few days. It runs from like 8PM to 6AM and sometimes I try to make it a full 12 hrs. I figured this would be enough, no heat emits from the light source but the cakes dry out by mid day if I let them go through the night. Then I spray them nice and good through the day and the get fanned well for a good 20-30 seconds. I really hope these guys start pinning soon they are so far behind like ugh im getting so frustrated what can I do..are they ever going to pin??

Looks like some sort of cubby hole under the stairs?  looks like a sump pump in the concrete there...

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

#24798678 - 11/21/17 07:59 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Alright so, cakes are starting to get dry quicker. Should I attempt a scrape with a clean fork and another dunk? After that, I really don't know what else to say, think, or do until I do this next time when circumstances are correct. Anyone got anything else to add? Also when I do this scraping of the cake surface with a clean fork, am I to use the end part of the fork to scrape, or one of the sides of the fork? Also how hard do I scrape? I don't want t entirely bruise the mycelium

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies