Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Are friends important? [Re: liquidlounge]
    #24801591 - 11/23/17 06:21 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I would say that stating and pretending to know anothers intentions without first asking them to voice them is far more arrogant but hey ho, horses for courses an' all.

And no, having unconditional love for all humans is very far from calling them friends. Or even liking their company. Or even liking their actions, for that matter.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: Are friends important? [Re: pineninja] * 1
    #24801603 - 11/23/17 06:33 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

pineninja said:
Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
But if you pick and choose it’s not philosophy or logical

Different schools had opposing views and opinions.
Logically you as the reader has to make up your own mind.

There is no complete philosophy imo .....infact thats mine.

Except there are some that seem to negate all others

--------------------
As lightless oblivion devours you, drown in the ever-blooming darkness.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: Are friends important? [Re: Thanatos10]
    #24801605 - 11/23/17 06:37 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
Except there are some that seem to negate all others

Life is pointless, and I'm going to kill myself as slowly as possible with two blunt knitting needles and a ball of yarn whilst I have a beetroot firmly planted up my ass because there's no point to living, only to dying in the most ridiculous way possible, because at least it makes a point.. Somehow.

Yay! I just made up my own school of philosophy that negates all others!!!

Do I get a sticker?

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Are friends important? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #24801612 - 11/23/17 06:43 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

CosmicJoke said:
Check yourself, JSB, those were very personal comments about Thanatos10 and we stick to arguments, not about the nature of another poster's character.  I say this as a friend, mind ya :wink:

I'm terribly sorry about my little tirade there CJ & Thanatos. I love this community with all my heart and that can sometimes leave me feeling a bit overdefensive of it..

Thing is, it pains me to see another repeat of the typical Thanatos thread style:

1. Enticing philosophical question posed by Thanatos who poses as helpless
2. Many responses from members who take their time to help
3. Thanatos shits on all responses
4. ??????????????
5. Profit

It goes like this every time.

Because the responses (especially here) either don’t answer the question or are the pedestrian responses that have been proven wrong.

Those who have taken their time to help here are wrong. They are what history and philosophy shows to be weak, people who need others especially emotionally

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#24801615 - 11/23/17 06:45 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
Because the responses (especially here) either don’t answer the question or are the pedestrian responses that have been proven wrong.

Those who have taken their time to help here are wrong. They are what history and philosophy shows to be weak, people who need others especially emotionally

Fucking LOL.

Thank you for proving all my points so wonderfully and succinctly!!

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

Invisibleremake
Male

Loc: South Africa Flag
    #24801634 - 11/23/17 07:03 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

When we romanticize things, then they become overly complicated and unnecessarily so. This can be true in many different aspects of our lives.

You alone are responsible for whatever fixation you conjure up within your head. In a sense each instance or interaction if not based on an automatic impulsion is completely make believe.

“Friends” can be extremely toxic.

Though if we were ever to mature!! It is a wonderful thing to have to share your joy and passion with others without romanticizing or tainting whatever messed up interpretation you are deluded to the point of believing the interaction means.

Thus a mature friendship understands all these things you are pointing out! And all the bs concerning immature “friendships”.

We, obviously, truly and in every sense need other people. What you don’t need is the over romanticized meaning of what friends should or shouldn’t be.

Other people know things you don’t, vice versa as well.

T, no one is as tough as they - think - they are. That much I can promise you.

So it’s all to do with communication and understanding!

I feel that you are referring to a certain type of “friend” that does exist, but isn’t the only possible “friend” that does exist, get what I’m saying?

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Are friends important? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 1
    #24801643 - 11/23/17 07:09 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I'll tell yah one thing my very extroverted friend, it took me an alone 2c-b trip to process this but I learned a valuable lesson from you...... That was, from being in your presence, to be your own best friend.... You'll find others who feel the same way.... What was weak will be balanced, playing a power game where there are strong and weak is a limited trip too.... We all have our strengths and weaknesses and good friends help you cope with that... If not, drop out now, be yourself, every other one has been taken.....

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#24801775 - 11/23/17 08:37 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
I would say that stating and pretending to know anothers intentions without first asking them to voice them is far more arrogant but hey ho, horses for courses an' all.

And no, having unconditional love for all humans is very far from calling them friends. Or even liking their company. Or even liking their actions, for that matter.

Don't go there. We're debating YOUR behaviour, not mine.

You have a strong feeling of affection towards other human beings, a friend does indeed have a feeling of affection to another person. Maybe the opposite part don't consider you friend, but you should consider all human beings as your friend. AFFECTION...

And unconditional love, I doubt it... Based on what I've seen you post here, you're not extraordinary, and it would take an extraordinary person to feel unconditional love. Especially towards all human beings.

You're often downright rude. I bet you would gang up with other members here against Thanatos10.

Besides if you had unconditional love for all human beings, you would help me on my journey towards Worldwide Peace!

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#24801837 - 11/23/17 09:21 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Oh I went there. I bought a house next to yours, moved in, and shat right on your lawn. Now I'm remodelling the kitchen.

As for the rest of your drivel.. maybe you don't understand what love is. You wouldn't be the first.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

Invisibleliquidlounge

#24801918 - 11/23/17 10:02 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

You're fos.

I still have no idea why OC and Icelander(?) invited you into their homes. There's absolutely nothing special with you JSB, you're very basic.

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#24802031 - 11/23/17 11:06 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Let's not forget the other dozen Shroomerites that have invited me into their homes and lives, and those that continue to do so.

Could it, perhaps, be the fact that they recognise that the words I use online do not constitute the entirety of my nature?

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

Invisibleliquidlounge

#24802070 - 11/23/17 11:22 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Could it, perhaps, be the fact that they recognise that the words I use online do not constitute the entirety of my nature?

So you're claiming to be special? :lol:

Show me evidence.

I know this for a fact, I am more special than you.

Here's my evidence:

Here & here. And this is a foreign language to me.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Are friends important? [Re: liquidlounge] * 1
    #24802083 - 11/23/17 11:31 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I wish you two friends were less important to each other, but it shows how sometimes people find great meaning in small differences of opinion, and can make mountains out of molehills, practically existing against one another.

sometimes if you remove the antagonistic person, the other one falls down as they become dependent on the pressure exerted by the other one's opposition.

this reminds me of one of the amazing cockroach behaviors: did you know that the cockroach obtains pleasure and satisfaction from extra pressure on it's body - it will frequently be found pressing into the tightest spaces just to increase pressure on it's carapice.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: Are friends important? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24802109 - 11/23/17 11:45 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I am apparantly God 3, I do whatever I want. :shrug:

Yet no magic appears...

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

#24802261 - 11/23/17 01:09 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

You(?) have led me to this position.

--------------------

OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24802416 - 11/23/17 02:54 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

Thanatos10 said:

Fucking LOL.

Thank you for proving all my points so wonderfully and succinctly!!

You never cease to show what a fool you are. I truly pity those who know you.

You end up proving my point as to why friends are undesireable.

--------------------

OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Are friends important? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #24802422 - 11/23/17 02:56 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicJoke said:
I'll tell yah one thing my very extroverted friend, it took me an alone 2c-b trip to process this but I learned a valuable lesson from you...... That was, from being in your presence, to be your own best friend.... You'll find others who feel the same way.... What was weak will be balanced, playing a power game where there are strong and weak is a limited trip too.... We all have our strengths and weaknesses and good friends help you cope with that... If not, drop out now, be yourself, every other one has been taken.....

Friends aren’t really a balance between sorts, it’s more like a power struggle but not in a hostile way. Friends are only friends as long as they can do things for each other. As soon as you are no longer of use then the friendship stops.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#24802496 - 11/23/17 03:37 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

you mean friends are like a wall to lean against and look cool.

(I could be a cockroach)

--------------------

OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24802600 - 11/23/17 04:38 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Not really not

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#24802613 - 11/23/17 04:48 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

would that be a double negative with an adverb applied ambiguously between,
so that any meaning could invert upon scrutiny?
because if that is true,
you are even more clever than I previously imagined.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate