Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Agar, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCataSTRAWfic_Grows
RIP Tom Petty the GOAT
I'm a teapot

How Much Potency Varies
    #24794341 - 11/19/17 09:12 PM (22 days, 11 hours ago)

Hey guys, I was wondering if each strain or species of mushroom has a baseline potency, and if anyone has grown a strain with close to zero actives. I know that potency is 100% genetic to our knowledge, or at least close enough to 100%.

But is there a baseline for a certain strain? For instance, some of the woodlovers being more potent than cubes- is this always the case? If comparing shitty and superior genetics?

If that is the case, then can cubes be grown only at a minimal % of psyilocybin etc? Like, has anyone here ever had a good fruiting body but absolute garbage genetics? Or do they all seem to get the job done?

--------------------
:bearbreakdance:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemushboy
mush-o-holic
 User Gallery

Loc: mushland
Re: How Much Potency Varies [Re: CataSTRAWfic_Grows]
    #24794354 - 11/19/17 09:21 PM (22 days, 10 hours ago)

Cubes ime are usually decent.  Like an 8th fucks me good.  Rarely have i been like 'meh these suck' and those shrooms were always the ones grown like shit.  Once i had 2oz of bunk hpoo shrooms. Random freak occurrence.

I like to hunt for a 10-15g wet mushroom. Ill clone for kicks,  eat for kicks.  If i feel it hard i keep the sample and grow it out.

RIP Tom Petty the GOAT
I'm a teapot

Re: How Much Potency Varies [Re: mushboy]
    #24797000 - 11/21/17 01:55 AM (21 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
Cubes ime are usually decent.  Like an 8th fucks me good.  Rarely have i been like 'meh these suck' and those shrooms were always the ones grown like shit.  Once i had 2oz of bunk hpoo shrooms. Random freak occurrence.

I like to hunt for a 10-15g wet mushroom. Ill clone for kicks,  eat for kicks.  If i feel it hard i keep the sample and grow it out.

good looks on the response

Hopefully I'm not gonna get any bunk ones from my current MS. Though it's good to know that can happen. I'll have to make sure that I do some quality control :wink:.

When you clone, do you generally find the mycelium to be a single sector isolate, or does it generally have sectors?

btw cheers for always answering my q's, even if sometimes I look back and realize that they're stupid. On a slightly different note, remember the thread in which my dog fried my straw in pasteurization? Kinda makes my name more truthful, but luckily it's close to fully colonized.

I'm unsure if there's contams on the inside of the log, but I'm crossing my fingers to get a couple of fruits. I think that the lime raised the PH enough to stop the contams for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if one shows up soon and I have to toss it

--------------------

OfflineSadTurkey
Experimenter
Male User Gallery

#24797073 - 11/21/17 03:35 AM (21 days, 4 hours ago)

Since potency is probably mostly genetic, it should be possible to get a mushroom with very little or no psychoactive compounds through artificial breeding. It would take a lot of time and why would you want to?

RIP Tom Petty the GOAT
I'm a teapot

Re: How Much Potency Varies [Re: SadTurkey]
    #24797076 - 11/21/17 03:41 AM (21 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

SadTurkey said:
Since potency is probably mostly genetic, it should be possible to get a mushroom with very little or no psychoactive compounds through artificial breeding. It would take a lot of time and why would you want to?

I don't want to haha, maybe we're misunderstanding each other, where are you coming from?

--------------------

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#24797131 - 11/21/17 05:33 AM (21 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

When you clone, do you generally find the mycelium to be a single sector isolate

NO. I've even taken spores to agar and "thinned the herd" through 15 transfers, grown it out and cloned it to find at least fifteen sectors still chillin.

OfflineSadTurkey
Experimenter
Male User Gallery

#24797163 - 11/21/17 06:47 AM (21 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

CataSTRAWfic_Grows said:
I don't want to haha, maybe we're misunderstanding each other, where are you coming from?

I was replying to your question "and if anyone has grown a strain with close to zero actives". I'm not saying you'd want to, but theoretically someone could engineer a strain with zero actives. But I doubt it has been done, because why would anyone want to?

Offlinelvnthalife
Stranger

Loc: ohio river valley
Re: How Much Potency Varies [Re: SadTurkey]
    #24797267 - 11/21/17 09:29 AM (20 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

SadTurkey said:
Quote:

CataSTRAWfic_Grows said:

I was replying to your question "and if anyone has grown a strain with close to zero actives". I'm not saying you'd want to, but theoretically someone could engineer a strain with zero actives. But I doubt it has been done, because why would anyone want to?

You dont have to "engineer a strain" for it to be low potency or bunk. Its more luck of the draw.

--------------------

Offlinenubgrower
Dude
Male

Loc: Moon 13 the Moon.
Re: How Much Potency Varies [Re: lvnthalife]
    #24797275 - 11/21/17 09:34 AM (20 days, 22 hours ago)

I think he is just asking if it has happened to anyone else, i.e. is it normal.  not that he wants them to be bunk, lol

--------------------
Great teks here.
And here.
Fortunately, I’m adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber

Offlinelvnthalife
Stranger

Loc: ohio river valley
Re: How Much Potency Varies [Re: nubgrower]
    #24797278 - 11/21/17 09:38 AM (20 days, 22 hours ago)

I agree with you. My reply was to sadturkey.

As i said though its luck of the draw. Ive never had bunk mushrooms but it can happen. Not likely though i dont think.

--------------------

OfflineSadTurkey
Experimenter
Male User Gallery

Re: How Much Potency Varies [Re: lvnthalife]
    #24797545 - 11/21/17 12:50 PM (20 days, 19 hours ago)

Again, I know he doesn't want to grow mushrooms with zero actives. It was a rhetorical question, as in: "It's theoretically possible to breed a strain with no actives whatsoever, but it hasn't been done because why would anyone want to?".

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Agar, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation