Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineToadstool666
Stranger
 User Gallery

Why are my MS grows so much better than my isolates?
    #24789165 - 11/17/17 10:39 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Right now I’m propogating Maza spawn from MS grown on agar and 2 substrains of Golden Teacher that I obtained from cloning fruits on agar. I haven’t experimented with these too heavily but so far the first flushes have left me confused. The mazatapec tub pushed out 4.5 oz on its first flush while I only got maybe 6-7 oz combined from my 2 GT isolate monotubs, most of which were weird mutant sidepins with maybe an oz or 2 on the top surface. I was under the impression that cloning was an almost fail safe way to ensure nice thick flushes but it seems to be having the opposite effect IME. Do I need to isolate these cultures further to get good results or is MS really just way better than I think? Any tips or feedback is highly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuff4200
Natural born lever puller

Re: Why are my MS grows so much better than my isolates? [Re: Toadstool666] * 1
    #24789270 - 11/17/17 11:26 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Isolating is a way to get consistant fluahes. If you have a nice isolate that will lead to nice strong flushes, bad isolates will leave you wil consistantly bad flushes. I had to try quite a few different isolates before i found one i was happy with. Best advice i have is clone from strong fruits.

Edited by puff4200 (11/17/17 11:27 AM)

OfflineMcGrimm
Professor of Peace

Re: Why are my MS grows so much better than my isolates? [Re: Toadstool666]
    #24789272 - 11/17/17 11:26 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
In Peace or Pieces we shall move forward.

Grimm

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Why are my MS grows so much better than my isolates? [Re: McGrimm]
    #24789292 - 11/17/17 11:36 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

work on your conditions before you play with clones.(side pins and such) also sometimes clones just suck.

its hard enough documenting clones without having to tweak you growing approach. otherwise everything is a toss up.

OfflineToadstool666
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why are my MS grows so much better than my isolates? [Re: mushboy]
    #24790908 - 11/18/17 04:52 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the input everyone! Looks like I’m going to have to get busy with some agar again soon. Strangely enough, this is the first time I’ve seen sidepinning like this. I’ve only done MS grows before and my monotubs at least always had the pins pop up on top besides maybe one or 2 creeping up the side. Strangely, the Mazatapec MS and the GT isolates were all grown in pretty much identical conditions within a week of each other and only the isolates had sidepins (probably at least half of the fruits).

Invisiblepuff4200

#24791004 - 11/18/17 07:02 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

If thats the case I would check if theres a possibility that something effected the environment of your isolates compared to your multispore. Did you move a fan? Start your house heater and your tubs are to close to a vent? Did you not use the same amount of water to get your coco soaked? Did your spawn take longer to colonize and dries out in the process? There are many variables to environment in monotubs. If you truly think the conditions were the same then it sounds like a weak isolate. With you talking about side-pins like that it sounds environmental. Best of luck

Edited by puff4200 (11/18/17 07:28 AM)

OfflineBlue Wrench
Bolt Turner
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Why are my MS grows so much better than my isolates? [Re: puff4200]
    #24791022 - 11/18/17 07:16 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

If you have an already fruiting fresh mushroom you can take that, Split it down the middle lengthwise, and cleanly take a piece of fresh mycelium from inside the stem near the base. Use that to create an already guaranteed isolate!

Good Luck!

--------------------
Bods Easy AF Link List

Most teks have too much bullshit. These methods by bod do not.

Edited by Blue Wrench (11/18/17 07:16 AM)

Invisiblepuff4200

Re: Why are my MS grows so much better than my isolates? [Re: Blue Wrench] * 1
    #24791033 - 11/18/17 07:25 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Dude you should read the question before you answer....

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
    #24791045 - 11/18/17 07:34 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Their Last seen time indicates they're the sort of person who pops on, makes a post like this, then disappears while others pick up after them.  At least it wasn't harmful in this case, but still a bad habit.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #24791047 - 11/18/17 07:36 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting....

I know most pros clone shrooms that grow in clusters as they tend to be both good producers and quite potent.

The performace of your clone depends specifically on the clones performance.

With MS, it could be awesome or super inconsistent.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineBlue Wrench
Bolt Turner

Re: Why are my MS grows so much better than my isolates? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24791072 - 11/18/17 07:52 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Yall are right, I apologize I will read more carefully next time!

--------------------
Bods Easy AF Link List

Most teks have too much bullshit. These methods by bod do not.

OfflineBlue Wrench
Bolt Turner

Re: Why are my MS grows so much better than my isolates? [Re: Blue Wrench]
    #24791080 - 11/18/17 07:58 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

And I am on my cell phone which marks me as away whenever my screen is off.

Also I double posted. I am bad at this forum thing, I'm gonna go back to the shadows lol.

Edited by Blue Wrench (11/18/17 08:00 AM)

OfflineToadstool666
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24793355 - 11/19/17 10:14 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Now that you mention it, one tub seemed to be a little on the dry side. Strangely, one of the tubs that produced sidepins had a nice coat of moisture all along the surface at full colonization and most of the way through fruiting. Due to colder temps they colonized a little slower so I think I’ll try adding an extra quart of water to my coir on my next tub and see how that works. I’ve got a second flush popping up and have been making sure to mist so I guess I’ll see if that makes a difference.

InvisibleEnigma1
Positive
Male User Gallery

#24794102 - 11/19/17 05:28 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

You could have isolAted Great Great Grangma on the Daddies side instead of the mothers side.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds