Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegourmet
Stranger
Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: Josex]
    #24793599 - 11/19/17 12:16 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Are those all glass plates?

How much do you pay per plate?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: gourmet]
    #24793618 - 11/19/17 12:28 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

A box of 500 for cheap. They're pp5 plastic.

Offlinegourmet
Stranger
Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: Josex]
    #24793892 - 11/19/17 03:42 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Got a link where I could buy some?

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: gourmet]
    #24793917 - 11/19/17 03:57 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

He linked it in blue^^^

--------------------
πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

OfflineJFlint

Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: Munchauzen]
    #24817791 - 11/30/17 08:15 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Munchauzen said:
Quote:

Jonhova said:
The mini rounds got covered in foil.

I took em out of the PC this morning and flicked the sides so the
condensate fell down and removed the foil so it can breathe.

I recommend that you always do any agar upside down. Sit them upside down in your SAB, open them upside down, and tilt them sideways to take transfers out.

Doing so will completely eliminate any concerns you have with water because it simply becomes a non issue

How exactly does working with it upside down eliminate the issue with water? are you simply pouring off the water?

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: JFlint]
    #24817884 - 11/30/17 08:59 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JFlint said:
Quote:

Munchauzen said:
Quote:

Jonhova said:

I recommend that you always do any agar upside down. Sit them upside down in your SAB, open them upside down, and tilt them sideways to take transfers out.

Doing so will completely eliminate any concerns you have with water because it simply becomes a non issue

How exactly does working with it upside down eliminate the issue with water? are you simply pouring off the water?

It doesnt. Upside down is best practice for avoiding shit getting inside your pasties.

If you look up a couple replies i figured out what was causing the pooling and extra condensation.

It was due to leaving all my media in the PC overnight. Josex had an idea of removing the pasties as soon as the pressure reached zero. It worked like a charm.

--------------------

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: JFlint]
    #24817919 - 11/30/17 09:23 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JFlint said:
Quote:

Munchauzen said:
Quote:

Jonhova said:

Gravity. Think about it. If you have a cup full of water and turn it upside-down, what happens? Besides, I've said it a million times, condensation isn't something you even have to worry about. Leave it or not, it doesn't make a difference. Condensation doesn't cause bacterial growth. I've left hundreds of non-inoculated plates sit for weeks and even months, and they do not contaminate regardless of the condensation they all have. Even the example josex gave involed introducing alcohol and a wet filter and not just simply condensation.

So you can either just stop worrying about it, or dump the water out. Thems your best options.

Edited by Munchauzen (11/30/17 09:37 PM)

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: Munchauzen]
    #24818153 - 12/01/17 01:10 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

obstructive  condensation is not a problem. Pooling is as my pics show.

--------------------

OfflineJFlint

#24818334 - 12/01/17 06:07 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Munchauzen said:
Quote:

JFlint said:
Quote:

Munchauzen said:
Quote:

Jonhova said:

Gravity. Think about it. If you have a cup full of water and turn it upside-down, what happens? Besides, I've said it a million times, condensation isn't something you even have to worry about. Leave it or not, it doesn't make a difference. Condensation doesn't cause bacterial growth. I've left hundreds of non-inoculated plates sit for weeks and even months, and they do not contaminate regardless of the condensation they all have. Even the example josex gave involed introducing alcohol and a wet filter and not just simply condensation.

So you can either just stop worrying about it, or dump the water out. Thems your best options.

Munch, I agree with you that the condensation wouldn’t cause contam by itself, it’s pooking I am more concerned with, but less so with contam. I’m concerned with the mycelium not colonizing the agar with a pool of water on the surface. I am still confused a bit with your statement. By doing things upside down, you’re simply suggesting to let the excess water drain off the surface of the agar and onto the lid/out of the plate entirely? What is YOUR main concern as to why you would do things upside down? Sorry if I’m beating a dead horse here, I just like to have a thorough understanding.

Offlinenubgrower
Dude
Male

Loc: Moon 13 the Moon.
    #24818441 - 12/01/17 07:59 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

there are two benefits of keeping them upside down:
1 water leaves the surface of the agar, and
2 no contams will fall onto the agar when you open it. 

The most you will ever turn the plate away from upside down is sideways to get your inoc loop in there or scalpel for removing a wedge...

--------------------
Great teks here.
And here.
Fortunately, I’m adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber

OfflineJFlint

Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: nubgrower]
    #24818462 - 12/01/17 08:16 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Except for maybe transferring a mycelium sample to a clean plate? It would fall to the edge of the plate if performing a transfer with the plate sideways...

Offlinecatnip40
xΰΈ¬ΰΉ‡
Male User Gallery

#24818488 - 12/01/17 08:36 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

:takingnotes::popcorn:

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

#24818510 - 12/01/17 08:52 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Munchs agar videos clearly demonstrste how to pasty plate side ways. Check In his signature.

--------------------

Offlinenubgrower
Dude
Male

Loc: Moon 13 the Moon.
    #24819902 - 12/01/17 07:23 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JFlint said:
Except for maybe transferring a mycelium sample to a clean plate? It would fall to the edge of the plate if performing a transfer with the plate sideways...

Well, from experience and the experience of countless others, you are wrong.  It is quite easy to put a sample on a new plate sideways and have it stick.

--------------------
Great teks here.
And here.
Fortunately, I’m adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber

OfflineJFlint

Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: nubgrower]
    #24820177 - 12/01/17 09:42 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

It was only a theory. If it is not the case I surely don’t mean to argue.

Offlineghaleon
Stranger
Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: JHOVA]
    #24888182 - 01/03/18 07:08 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

JHOVA said:
Thank you Josex for solving my problem.

My problem was water somehow sneaking inside under the paper towel through SFDS and MP tape during or after the PC cycle.

What he suggested was removing all media containers once the PC's pressure reaches zero.

Here are my results

No pooling no bacteria. Slight moisture on the walls i can live with.
Also lf note is that the paper towels are not damp or stuck to the MP tape.

Anyone having pooling issues try removing your no pours from the PC.:cheers:

I always remove my pasty plates when the pressure reaches zero and still get condensation on the surface of the agar. I use foil but no paper towel.

I do agar work exactly as outlined in Munch's videos and still get bacterial contamination. I think my problem might be what the other posted suggests in that perhaps some of the rubbing alcohol is getting into my plates after I wipe the lid. I've considered wiping the lid with a dry paper towel instead but haven't tried that yet.

Invisibleflyhighfunguy

#24888259 - 01/03/18 07:41 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Munchauzen said:
Quote:

Jonhova said:

Do you let them colonize upside down as well, or you only have them upside down when doing transfers and stuff?

Edited by flyhighfunguy (01/03/18 07:42 PM)

Offlineghaleon
Stranger
Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: flyhighfunguy]
    #24888287 - 01/03/18 07:58 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

flyhighfunguy said:Do you let them colonize upside down as well, or you only have them upside down when doing transfers and stuff?

I do not believe you're supposed to let them colonize upside down:

Quote:

PussyFart said:
Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
No.  You should not store petri dishes upside down.  It forces the water in the agar to 'drain' out, collecting on the lid, which then floods the culture when you right the dish/jar.  In addition, mycelium grows best on the top(away from gravity) surface of a flat plane, and when forced to grow upside down, growth and performance is slower.  Since the whole point of isolation on agar is to encourage the fastest growth possible, it should be done in actual Petri dishes that are stored right-side-up for best results.
RR

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11513433#11513433

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
NEVER turn petri dishes upside down.  Bacteria labs often do this because they're only growing a culture for a few days to a week.  We use our petri dishes much longer than that and gravity will pull the moisture out of the agar, creating a 'lake' in the lid if inverted.
RR

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/16096716#16096716

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Never store dishes upside down.
RR

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17588971#17588971

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Re: No pour mini rounds and big lots containers pooling water leading to bacteria growth. [Re: ghaleon]
    #24888312 - 01/03/18 08:07 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

They colonize on their sides and right side up in shoeboxes . Sometimes upside down. In a SAB everything is upside down or at an angle.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale