Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilo_citizen
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Shroom extract question
    #24791654 - 11/18/17 01:32 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I'm currently in the process of reducing a crude ethyl extract. I'm noticing a hard tar like substance forming around the edges of the double boiler. Are these likely just left behind sugars with only trace alkaloids? I'm considering finishing my evap and then doing a fresh pull on the vessel to save whatever it is, but I'm unsure if it's worth the trouble. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

P.s.
I understand a large portion of the community has a borderline hatred of extracts; I understand the drawbacks, I know what I'm getting isn't a pure extract, and I fully understand the vast majority of people believe "crystals of the gods" inert. Please save the lectures, just looking for a little guidance.

--------------------
"I members.... do you members"
Memberberries circa 2016

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Shroom extract question [Re: Psilo_citizen]
    #24791662 - 11/18/17 01:44 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

:popcorn:

no input sorry. I have an ethanol extract but I've never reduced it. Sure would be sweet if a proper extraction method was discovered.

I've also wondered if its useful as a precursor, purely out of curiosity.

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Shroom extract question [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24792695 - 11/18/17 10:13 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I once powdered an ounce of dried, potent mushies in a personal blender and used a mason jar to double boil them with corn alchohol (everclear) for three hours.  I strained off the liquid into another jar and capped it and put it into the freezer for the night.  In the morning some "whitish matter" settled to the bottom but I just took the lid off and allowed about 50% of the liquid to evaporate over the course of a couple days. (I was following a "crystals of the gods" tek using corn alchohol and heat as the extraction method.

Basically the "tincture" I ended up with is brown in color, and 3 or 4 small spoonfuls mixed into some orange juice is comparitive to taking 2.5 dried grams!!!  The comeup is faster, and the overall duration of the trip was shorter I think. 

Also I have been storing this liquid in my fridge and I have not sampled any in 2 months so I don't know how stable the psilocybin and psilicin are over time.....

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate