Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Silica Gel

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMTyrell
I'm a teapot
First grow, B+ kit, harvest time soon???
    #24788446 - 11/17/17 02:19 AM (25 days, 5 hours ago)

Hi all!

So, rewind about a month and a half. I decided I wanted to try mushrooms for the first time, I don't like the idea of buying from someone I don't know (as I've recently moved country), so I tried searching for mushrooms around my local area and had some difficulty as it was my first time, no surprise there. Unfortunately winter then took hold and temperatures have been near freezing since, so it seemed mushroom season was well and truly over.

Three weeks ago I decided that I'd try using an B+ growing kit, ordered from the Netherlands. Two weeks ago today the parcel arrived with heatmat, and the container of mycelium already part opened. It seemed like it wasn't closed properly when sent to me as the tag was still in place. Anyway I emailed said company and continued with the growing procedure. Filled with cool water for 12 hours, removed lid and drained, placed in supplied growbag, left in area of indirect sunlight, and misted once/twice per day, depending on how 'misty' the side of the bag was looking.

First few pins showed up after 7 days (unfortunately I haven't take any pictures up until now). Things have been going well (I think) since then, and what you see now is 2 weeks worth of growing. The largest two seem to be beginning to open (from the pictures it is hard to see). But I'm waiting until the are truly 'open' and the tops begin to flatten out (or at least look like the pictures of other growers successful attempts at growing B+).

There seem to be a few side pins, not sure if that'll be a problem for the following flushes, but all in all I'm happy and looking forward to harvesting and having my first experience with magic mushrooms.

I'd like to add that I know a lot of people don't see the sense in these grow kits, but for someone like me who hasn't ever tried mushrooms, and isn't sure how the experience will be, it didn't make sense to invest in a proper growing setup, not just yet at least.

Anyhow apologies for blabbering, hopefully these will be ready very soon, and I'll probably be going down the mushroom tea route using freshies, then drying the rest. I'll write a trip report when the time comes (maybe this weekend, maybe next). Thanks for reading my entrance into the world of magic mushrooms.

Peace out :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: First grow, B+ kit, harvest time soon??? [Re: MTyrell]
    #24788461 - 11/17/17 02:47 AM (25 days, 5 hours ago)

Yep, harvest when the white part under the cap (veil) breaks.

Those shrooms need air, poke some holes in that bag.

After you pick them, mist the substrate and you may get another flush.

--------------------
"That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

OfflineMTyrell
I'm a teapot
Re: First grow, B+ kit, harvest time soon??? [Re: The Mycologist]
    #24788465 - 11/17/17 02:57 AM (25 days, 5 hours ago)

Thanks for the advice! The pic doesn't show it but there is a venting 'patch' up the top of the bag. I'll put a few extra vent holes in it though.

Is the extra ventilation needed more when the mushrooms are beginning to open, or just in general? Just thinking in case I can modify the bag to make it better for the second flush.

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: First grow, B+ kit, harvest time soon??? [Re: MTyrell]
    #24788477 - 11/17/17 03:21 AM (25 days, 4 hours ago)

In general.

Just dont let it dry out

--------------------
"That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

InvisibleApples in Mono
Matchbooks and Kafka

Re: First grow, B+ kit, harvest time soon??? [Re: MTyrell] * 1
    #24788483 - 11/17/17 03:36 AM (25 days, 4 hours ago)

That actually looks like a really good flush for one of those suffocation bags

OfflineBasilBush
Reality Bender
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, B+ kit, harvest time soon??? [Re: Apples in Mono]
    #24788511 - 11/17/17 04:21 AM (25 days, 3 hours ago)

i love it when a grow kit works great. did the place you got it from start with a W. the picture in my sig with the purple backgrounds  was a great kit, it went that well the company i got it from have used my pictures on there good page . Im proud as Fuck was of that achievement.

remember to take spore prints and you'll be able to grow shroom's for the rest of your life cheap as.

grow kits are great for beginners and good for spores

welcome to the world me magic mushrooms mates
also remember. we love mushrooms, they mush up the room, they ain't mush room in here

--------------------
I HUNT MAGIC MUSHROOMS AND MAKE MIND BLOWING TEA,
I BUY ROOT BARK OFF THE INTERNET AND EXTRACT DMT,
SMOKE MY FRIENDS CHANGA IT TASTES BETTER FOR FREE
TRIPPING IS WONDERFUL IT HELPS ME FIND PEACE,
SO WILL YOU COME ALONG TO MY NEXT EUPHORIC FEAST.

I LOVE MUSHROOMS THEY MUSH UP THE ROOM THERE AINT MICH ROOM IN HERE
SPECIAL GREEN TEA MADE FROM A CACTUS TREE SETS YOUR MIND AND SPIRIT FREE

OfflineMTyrell
I'm a teapot
Re: First grow, B+ kit, harvest done!!! [Re: BasilBush]
    #24793843 - 11/19/17 05:12 PM (22 days, 15 hours ago)

So Friday evening the first (largest) mushroom has just broken the veil under the cap, but I couldn't be bothered to harvest as it was quite last to I waited until Saturday morning, and this is what I woke up to.

Just over 220 g fresh in total, I had planned on making tea fresh, but the weather got really shitty and I didn't feel too good. I didn't want to rush into it and I quite liked the idea of being able to go outside in some nice frosty but dry weather. Also resoaked the growing medium and that's set up as before, hoping for another batch but quite honestly I'm happy with what I've got, should last me a while anyway!

So they've been drying by fan for the last 36 hours, they now weigh in at ~50 g, so I've put a slice or two in any stems that are still soft and tomorrow evening I'll be putting them in a large tupperware container with a load of silica gel pouches (food safe), and will keep an eye on the mass until it gets close to weighing 10% of the original. Then by next weekend I should be ready for launch :smile:

OfflineSadTurkey
Experimenter
Male User Gallery

Re: First grow, B+ kit, harvest done!!! [Re: MTyrell]
    #24793884 - 11/19/17 05:37 PM (22 days, 14 hours ago)

Looking good! Nice flush for a kit. Hope it will give you many more flushes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Silica Gel

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation