Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegetmyshroomon
Trip Sydicate

Loc: 4 hours away from the mid...
PEACA SHIT DEXTROSE
    #2478786 - 03/27/04 06:41 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

no matter what the fuck i do the dextrose water isnt growing shit, its so frustrating, ive wasted so many spores on trying to get some liquid myc. ive tried putting a little(half a teaspoon) dex and alot(big tablespoon). ive tried pc'ing for 25 min and 5 minutes and then ill knock them up in my glovebox and ive tried 2 ccs and 10 ccs and it doesnt do shit, wtf am i doing wrong? im pissed off. all the teks ive read our condtradicting, someone please 'splain how i do it, - thanks

--------------------
-Relax and take notes while i tokes on the marijuana smoke-Biggie Smalls

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: PEACA SHIT DEXTROSE [Re: getmyshroomon]
    #2478845 - 03/27/04 06:56 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

Did you shake them well several times a day ? The mycelium needs oxygen to grow. I used 15 gram pure dextrose and 1 gram yeast for 1/2 liter water and inoculated with mycelium. It grew very well.

Offlinegetmyshroomon
Trip Sydicate

Re: PEACA SHIT DEXTROSE [Re: ragadinks]
    #2478905 - 03/27/04 07:10 PM (20 years, 24 days ago)

im using half pints , how much exactly dex should i add?
i shook the jars every 2 days, and the most i got was white specs,
and on the nwe jars i just see dark specs on the bottom and when i shake it they dont move, how important is a incubator , there just at room temp now.
-thanks

--------------------

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

#2479499 - 03/28/04 03:13 AM (20 years, 23 days ago)

The incubator is not that important. Just keep them at room temperature. But if you add too much dextrose or honey to the liquid you will kill the spores/mycelium.
And you should shake the jars more often - two times a day would be ok.
How much dextrose to add to a half pint when you have to add 15 gram to half a liter is a simple calculation and I leave all the hard work to you :wink:

OfflineCooltuba
Mycostudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Home
    #2479717 - 03/29/04 12:14 PM (20 years, 22 days ago)

Here's what I did (it worked, btw.): I put 100ml. of water for every 1/2 pint jar I wanted to innoculate in a large saucepan. I added ONE LEVEL TEASPOON of Karo syrup for every 100ml of water, and simmered just enough to completely dissolve the syrup in the water. I then loaded the water into jars and PC'd for 30 minutes. After they cooled, I knocked up with two cc's of spore soulution and SHOOK VIGOROUSLY. Then I incubated them at 85-87 degrees and didn't even look at them for a week. After a week, there was visible growth, so I shook again and let them grow for another three days.

This works, but I think shaking them so much (every two days or whatever) inhibits mycelial growth because of the movement. It may not be true, but I think the water needs to be still for the mycelium to grow. Also, I highly recommend incubating them at 86-88 degrees. After all, you are growing mycelium, and mycelium grows best at that temp. Room temp is fine for fruiting, but this isn't fruiting. Another tip I can give is to put the jar lids on with the rubber facing up, so that a vaccum is not created. Yet another tip is to punch a hole in the top of the jar lid (as far to one side as you can), and seal it with sillicone. This allows you to innoculate without a glovebox, straight through the sillicone, and the sillicone re-seals itself, keeping everything sterile inside. Putting the hole to one side allows you to tilt the jar to that side to get the last little bit of liquid out when you're getting to the end of your solution. Also, you can optionally put pieces of broken glass in your jar before you PC it to help break up chunks of mycelial mass. I've always done it with broken glass, but I'm sure it's not nessesary.

Good luck, and if you have any further questions, PM me.

--Cooltuba

--------------------
Above musings are entirely fictional.  I do not grow mushrooms nor do I associate with anyone who does.

DRUGS ARE BAD!  MMMMKAY?

Offlinegetmyshroomon
Trip Sydicate

Re: PEACA SHIT DEXTROSE [Re: Cooltuba]
    #2481058 - 03/29/04 06:14 PM (20 years, 22 days ago)

im not down with math ragadink
and cooltuba is talking bout karo
...thanks guys
its just that i keep seeing all these grow logs and thy have like half a jar full of myc on the 3rd day

but ya i was putting way to much dex. in, how does sugar kills the spores.? and whats the yeast for?
and ya how much dex do i need for a 2/3 water, half pint.

--------------------

Edited by getmyshroomon (03/29/04 06:25 PM)

Offlinesnowspeed1
Psychonaut
    #2482458 - 03/30/04 12:08 AM (20 years, 22 days ago)

i have the same problem!! :mad:
no matter what i try it never works.  i have tried less honey, more honey and  just the right amount of honey.  i have definitely wasted to many jars

Offlinegetmyshroomon
Trip Sydicate

Re: PEACA SHIT DEXTROSE [Re: snowspeed1]
    #2482798 - 03/30/04 05:09 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

fuckin annoying eh?

--------------------

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

#2482826 - 03/30/04 05:42 AM (20 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

im not down with math ragadink

I did not want to say that your down with math. I just was too lazy too calculate if for you.

The yeast is kind of nutrition for the mushrooms ( like in the agar recipes ). If you keep the liquid at room temperature ( about 22 - 24 degrees Celsius ) it takes a bit longer than in the incubator. But I have never had enough mycelium within 3 days. It takes about 10 -12 days at room temperature. When you do not shake the solution very often you can see the little strings of mycelium growing. But when you stir them with a magnetic stirrer - as I do - the mycelium get's broken down and you only see kind of white powder. But I think more mycelium is produced in a shorter time, due to the higher level of oxygen in the solution. I had also very good results with honey instead of dextrose. But you have to make sure that you use a good honey without chemical additives. Most failures with liquid inoculant I have had was due to a high concentration of sugar ( that's why I would measure the amount of it exactly ) and due to contamination in the solutions. Then the mycelium just does not grow at all.

Offlinegetmyshroomon
Trip Sydicate

#2484456 - 03/30/04 05:03 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

ya i wieghed out 15 g's of dex. and i put put like 15-20 ml's of coffee in a litre or water. ill knock them up today and keep u posted
(i couldnt get yeast)

--------------------

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

#2484664 - 03/30/04 06:10 PM (20 years, 21 days ago)

I just use the yeast that is sold in any supermarket for baking breads and cakes. I think this kind works also very good.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #2504723 - 04/01/04 11:03 AM (20 years, 19 days ago)

I suggest filling jars just half full so that there is more air in them. Also, 4% dextrose by weight seems to kick ass so far as I'm concerned. BTW, for the mathmatically challenged that's 4 grams per 100cc's of water (a little more than rag suggests above, but he also had yeast). Room temps fine. Shake daily. Usually foolproof. It usually blossoms with mycelia or contams in a week at room temps (low to mid 70's), but at the lower room temp range I'd wait about 10-12 before shooting as mentioned above .

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinegetmyshroomon
Trip Sydicate

Re: PEACA SHIT DEXTROSE [Re: mycofile]
    #2525984 - 04/04/04 09:56 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

nocked up my coffee dex mix yesterday, looks good so far, my old dex jars have stopped growing they got about to a dime sized clump and it took 2 weeks, im gonna use the myc in some wbs jars and see if it does anything.

--------------------

Offlinerollbot
    #2537699 - 04/08/04 12:00 AM (20 years, 13 days ago)

anyone try potato flakes?

in a half pint
3/4 filled with water

1 tsp karo
2 tsp instant potato flakes
somethin heavy like a bolt
probably overkill, but
before i used the liquid, i'd inject 1 cc 3% h202 and draw a full 12CCs and squirt it back into the jar to mix it up and get the peroxide all around.

i'd put a few rye kernels in there or use rye broth water too. then its pretty dark.

if you let it go long enough , i've seen it fruit off the liquid. but a thick mat forms on the top making it hard to draw through the needle.

i don't do liquid anymore after the bacteria problems with many , many bags.

imo, agar is the way to go
then G2G to expand the spawn.
i need to build a flow box...

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

#2540676 - 04/08/04 06:50 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

cooltuba has the right ideas for a healthy liquid. IMO the silicone is a must when it comes to any liquid effort. You can get high temp silicone at any auto parts store and tube of it lasts forever.

I would,however, not recomend injecting the jar without at least using a low heated oven to help ward off airbourne contams as your sterile needle goes in. Good Luck! Don't give up, success is enevitable.

--------------------

Offlinegetmyshroomon
Trip Sydicate

Re: PEACA SHIT DEXTROSE [Re: Mykey]
    #2541177 - 04/08/04 09:06 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

ya right now im trying 50/50 coffee/water with dex i made some de-caf with out realising it was decaf, and theyr are some good size chunks after a couple days, today i noc'd up 2 diffrent kinds of caffinated 50/50 jars, wait and see if the caf. helps, if not ill try at a weaker concentraion like 20% coffee and the rest water.

--------------------

Offlinerollbot
    #2560455 - 04/14/04 05:02 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

try the flakes.. just do it
cotton ball size poofs of mycellium form in 2 weeks that make the THICKEST syringes i've ever seen. you want a bolt to break them up.

unless thats not what you want...you want spindly mini poof corn sugar solution that dies in a couple weeks in the incubator? he said its not nessecary for a piece of glass in that recipe because just corn syrup won't make thick growth in reasonable time it runs out of sugar and only weak syringes. the 1 pint potato jars i've been doing last 2 months in the incubator before i grew bacteria but i'm sure they're capable of going longer than simple sugars.

so thick, 1 qt popcorn jars w/polyfill lids innoculated with 5cc potato flake+corn syrup liquid myc is 110% ready in 10 days temp at 85 and one shake right after innoculation and then let em sit.

if i suspect contam in the liquid, it works *sometimes* draw 9ccs liquid and 1cc peroxide and shake over the sink  then its clean hopefully but not quite as strong or sometimes dead :frown:

Offlinerollbot
Re: PEACA SHIT DEXTROSE [Re: rollbot]
    #2560493 - 04/14/04 05:13 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

also when i added brewers yeast from a nutritional store ..like ragadinks is talking about to the mix, it grew SO thick i found it difficult to draw into the syringe aven with a bolt in there to break it up. i didn't shake it at all until i tried to use it.

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: PEACA SHIT DEXTROSE [Re: rollbot]
    #2562094 - 04/15/04 01:31 AM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Here I have a found a good link that describes a study on how different formulas of liquid medium influence the growth rate of various fungi.

--------------------
-> Errors Are A Great Source Of Knowledge <-
-> It Is Not Important WHO Is Right But WHAT Is Right <-

Offlinegetmyshroomon
Trip Sydicate

#2567912 - 04/16/04 01:16 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

i threw out my 50/50 coffee/water jars, im gonna try 15 g dex in 500ml of water, a g of yeast and 10% coffee, noc it up spores and other jars with other liquid myc.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract