Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: Masked]
    #24528492 - 08/03/17 09:00 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I found that game aged really badly, but maybe I wasn't on a CRT TV last time I played it and for sure N64 games look disgusting on modern televisions. Also, I only ever played the PAL version so you'd actually destroy me most likely.
Quote:

Masked said:
I made it 30th at one point, but if you aren't constantly improving your times, your ranking won't hold for long.  I sat in the top 150 for a couple years though.

And yes...retarded amounts of hours.  Hundreds of attempts at one level in one play session.

Once you start cracking the top 50, you had to start sending in recorded vhs tapes of your runs

You literally get into the tens of thousands of hours? I can't imagine being able to do it and not go insane. I only got all psychotic on DKC cause I was on hardcore painkillers and my hands were still too fucked to play guitar. I love games, but when it gets to the point that you could be learning serious life skills with the level of time and finger dexterity it just becomes ludicrous.

But yeah, The Elite are lunatics. There were numerous incidents of people posting fake video and stuff to stay on the leaderboards. Not even teenagers, but guys in their 20s and 30s pulling this shit. I remember seeing a Youtube clip of one of them justifying it by saying having your record beaten is like having another guy fuck your girlfriend in front of you. You have any drama with those guys or did you just post the videos and leave it alone? Watched a couple of AGDQs and stuff a few years ago and while maybe one in six of the people seem kind of normal, that whole scene seems a little terrifying.

Goldeneye was mindblowing at the time, but it's another one that's just aged horrendously. I know I'm weirdly, religiously biased in favour of the SNES over everything else, but I think that early era 3D games just didn't really stand the test of time, with very few exceptions. I might get an N64 emulator up and running just to play Conker's Bad Fur Day again.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: EllisDSox]
    #24528512 - 08/03/17 09:11 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Haha yeah there was all sorts of drama.  It was my first message board experience.  I was fairly deep into the community, but an outsider in a lot of senses.  I was a kid at the time but I seemed disconnected from most(not all of course). Same goes here though, so I suppose not much has changed :lol:

Most of us were around the same age with exceptions of course.

I started talking about using magic mushrooms in off topic discussion and was kind of ostrisized from the nerd herd.  And then at around 18 I discovered the shroomery

I remember that comment about losing a record haha.

All sorts of forum board drama.  Mainly to do with cheaters like you say.

Yeah, many thousands of hours.  :lol:

The guy who was considered a freak at the time and untouchable was paragonx9.  Now he's like 18th or something roughly like that.  Simthreat was always in top 10 and seems on top now.  So that is a man who has been obsessing over goldeneye and perfect dark speed running for 20 years.  Haha that's just sad to me

I also get the same feelings of obsessing over a game.  I think...man what if I could put all this time into something useful.  Like learning a new language or whatever.

But I haven't obsessed over a video game since my perfect dark elite days.

Me and my good friend nostalgicly fire up Mario kart 64 when he comes back to town, with a good bottle of rum and loud metal playing in the background.  And we will usually just battle until it's score o of say, 60 to 56.  Haha 100 plus rounds later we are shitfaced and spent.

Agreed...the early 3d games just don't hold up

Conker is a perfect game to me.  Soooo good.  I find it is buggy with emulation.  The actual game goes for insane prices tho!

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #24528561 - 08/03/17 09:33 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

yeah that's really fucking troublesome
it was always a hard game to find
and I think there is a way to play without the censorship
i think the xbox rare collection version doesn't have censorshiop

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#24528697 - 08/03/17 10:38 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, even the PAL version is £100+. Seems weird, cause every single person I knew with an N64 except for me owned that game. Guess it was really late in the cycle, though, and possibly sold better in the UK than elsewhere. Rare basically kept that console alive. Besides their games and the in-house Nintendo ones, the library is pitiful.

I wonder how the hell they got Conker released in an era when Nintendo of America wouldn't even allow the word "God" into a game.

Konyap- if you still own an N64 and care enough, reproductions of that game go for about thirty dollars. Kind of sketchy making repros of games that were officially released, so I guess it also depends on where you stand on that.

Quote:

Masked said:
I started talking about using magic mushrooms in off topic discussion and was kind of ostrisized from the nerd herd.

Those guys were ultra anti drugs? I just assumed they were deep into their amphetamine abuse in the speedrunning scene. Kind of tragic that about 0.5% of those guys make a living on Twitch and the rest of them spend 90% of their waking hours doing something thankless and payless. Mad how far things have come since we were kids. Imagine being told in the 90s that 20 years later grown men would be getting paid millions of pounds a years to play video games and talk in annoying, high pitched voices.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deutschland
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: EllisDSox] * 1
    #24608912 - 09/06/17 02:16 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Farming all the dragon whelpling pets pre cats
Farming the disguising oozeling
Farming Ashes of Alar
Farming Time Lost Protodrake.

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

Want to join a cult? Click for details…

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: EllisDSox] * 2
    #24610716 - 09/07/17 03:04 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BERSERK DESTROYER said:
Quote:

Masked said:
-being part of the "perfect dark elite" and making it to 30th in the world at one point :lol: (so sad...loooong time ago)

You mean https://rankings.the-elite.net? Those guys are fucking psychopaths even by speedrunning standards. You must have melted a ludicrous amount of hours away to get on that leaderboard. I would smash you on Mario Kart 64 battle mode. I tragically still suck at the SNES Mario Kart despite first playing it some 20 years ago.

haha, I'm the total opposite. I am like god in SNES Mario Kart, especially Battle Mode... but for some reason Mario Kart 64 I am nearly worthless.
They are pretty different games in terms of mechanics, I just could never get the feel for the 64 version after completely dominating the SNES one for so many years,
The powerslides are totally different, and I think I hardwired it into my brain

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: Chakanooga]
    #24611974 - 09/07/17 04:27 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Chakanooga said:
My family was big on Zelda, ocarina of time. My cousin was the first to officially beat it 100%, my brother, I believe, beat it as well. 4 years later, I learned how to actually play the Nintendo 64. 2 more years later I get so far into the game I start reminiscing about how my cousin and brother were this far 6 years ago.

After a long and adventurous journey, I finally get accepted in the zeldaOOT family hall of fame (in my head) for beating the entire game.

I played that 6 times back to back in the early days.  I haven't touched it since I got to boingo boingo without dieing and then got killed because I forgot to turn on the lens of truth:angrykidface:

Majoras mask I considered an accomplishment just because there was so much involved.  I had an injury downtime so I just worked on that all day everyday.

Shadow of the collussus is probably my all time favorite game.  I never got to 100% on that one though.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineTHT
Stranger

Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: Amanita86] * 1
    #24619394 - 09/10/17 09:52 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

There's a really great game on Gamecube/PS2/Xbox(?) called Timesplitters 2 that's made by the people who made Goldeneye/Perfect Dark after they left Rare. It really captures the feel of those games, only it's got a great framerate, a sense of humour about itself, Story/Multiplayer/Arcade/Challenge modes, and hundreds of characters and customizations. It's a little twitchy but if you have any of those systems it's everything you'd want in a reworked version of Goldeneye or Perfect Dark. The sequel, TImesplitters:Future Perfect is really great too. I've gotten people who don't normally play FPS games to jump in on some 4-player multiplay just because of how crazy and fun things can get, I can't recommend these games enough!

Anyways, I decided I was gonna unlock everything, which involves beating a bunch of the Challenge and Arcade League matches. It's tough, but the real insane difficulty comes form the Story mode on Hard: headshots take half your health, camped snipers will get you almost the moment you break cover, and there's only one checkpoint in each ~20-minute level! It was unreal slogging through some of those levels...every one took at least a dozen good tries, sometimes hours and repeated playings, but I managed to beat every level and get all the unlockables. If anyone here has that game, just go try to beat "Atom Smasher" on Hard: you start in a room with a haywire laser firing around armed with nothing against tons of guards and turrets, and it's the one level that's a fast-paced race against the clock to disarm a sequence of bombs and put out fires, all while just trying to stay alive with all the odds against you and no health pickups. Even to beat this once took me hours and hours!

I beat Timesplitters 2, but some of my Gamecube controllers didn't make it out the same! If it wasn't so damn fun and a great couch-multiplayer game with all the unlockable features then I'd probably have just given up in frustration, but the game just begs to be mastered. Beating some of those ballbreaker levels was the only way I could unlock stuff like a fun little multiplayer racing game they snuck in as a secret cartridge that can only be found that deep into the game in a future Robot Factory. If you're looking for a great 4-player game from that generation this is about as good as it gets. If it weren't for a few weird bugs like the chaingun firing sound looping in endless feedback sometimes then it'd be a perfect game. When I bought my copy new it was in a bargain bin for $10 or $20 so it should be pretty cheap, if any of this sounds interesting and you own a system from that gen then you guys should definitely try to get a copy!

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: THT] * 2
    #24619678 - 09/11/17 01:49 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah
I remember playing that game on a setting and it just didn't go to the end credits weird bug
also atom smasher was definitely tough on hard

timesplitters 2 for gamecube was such a great game
I didn't play 3 as much as 2
gamecube was the family system

the assault level was pretty fun where you have to make it up a canyon
made some of my own levels themselves
either really symmetrical or as big as possible
made one that was like it's own mission

wonder if I have those save anywhere
the music was really good too

OfflineSmashfish
Stranger
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: Konyap]
    #24641275 - 09/18/17 04:09 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Getting my first win on PUBG, I was pretty proud when I got level 60 attack on my OSRS account, getting a gold DSR-50 when I was like 15 playing Black Ops 2 made me pretty happy.

Invisibleazzbo

Loc: Flag
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: Smashfish] * 1
    #24646877 - 09/20/17 03:01 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Becoming a literal god on runescape pvp.

When i log in, people log off.

OfflineRogg
Stranger
Male

Loc: WA
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: azzbo] * 1
    #24654695 - 09/23/17 09:47 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I recently got the Platinum achievement for Skyrim on  my PS4. Best game ever.

--------------------
What a shroomery day.

OfflineGlenWillson
Stranger

Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #24773741 - 11/10/17 01:04 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Experiencing Oblivion by Bethesthneda.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: GlenWillson] * 1
    #24785950 - 11/15/17 09:21 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Oblivion was the first game I got all 1000 achievement points available on my xbox 360.  Only a few games after that in the entire 5 or 6 years I played on it.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineTheMycMan
Industrial Mycologist
Male

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: mndfreeze] * 1
    #24912072 - 01/13/18 09:32 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

all of my platinums or 100%
demons souls
dark souls
dark souls 3
farcry 2
farcry 3
farcry 4
farcry primal
crysis (PC)
EDF insect armageddon
just cause 2 (PC)
metro 2033 (PC)
assassins creed 2
saints row 2 (PC)
fallout 3
fallout new vegas (PC)
fallout 4
skyrim
shadow of the colossus
dead space (PC)
minecraft
portal (PC)
and the last of us.

mind you i didnt complete most of the DLC for most of the titles

--------------------
Science can and will solve all of our problems. Science denial will destroy the world as we know it.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #24925198 - 01/19/18 09:32 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

becoming a billionaire on elite dangerous :drooling:

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: LuSiD9] * 1
    #24925230 - 01/19/18 09:48 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Defeating Skolas in Prison of Elders in Destiny was pretty amazing.

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Invisibleazzbo

Loc: Flag
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: Herbologist] * 1
    #24925452 - 01/19/18 11:22 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

I once schooled Tyrant_The Viper in a game of age of empires 2.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: azzbo] * 2
    #24927226 - 01/20/18 03:03 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Beating battletoads as a kid.  Holy fuck the people who made that game right in the ass with a cactus made of metal dipped in poison.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Proudest Video Game Achievements? [Re: mndfreeze]
    #24927252 - 01/20/18 03:45 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Beating battletoads as a kid.  Holy fuck the people who made that game right in the ass with a cactus made of metal dipped in poison.

:lol:

I managed to do this too... my god... no idea how my snes controller held up.

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies