Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHappinessfeeling
GOD
 User Gallery

Magic truffles compared to magic mushrooms
    #24784723 - 11/15/17 12:42 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Hi,

I am wondering the primary similarities and differences between magic truffles and magic mushrooms (psilocybin cubensis mushrooms).
I would like to know if their effects are very similar or not, if the right dose is taken of magic truffles.
I also wanted to know something else, that is whether or not fresh magic truffles are illegal in the united states?
The reason I ask is because I have read conflicting reports.
I first read that any substance containing psilocybin is illegal in the united states.
Then, elsewhere, I read that only the fruiting bodies of psilocybin-containing mushrooms are prohibited, whereas magic truffles are not technically mushrooms but are sclerota, which grow underground, so they cannot be classified as such and are thus legal to possess in their fresh form.
If someone could clear all of this up it would be great, thank you.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Ganja Bush Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Lord Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. HappinessFeeling.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic truffles compared to magic mushrooms [Re: Happinessfeeling]
    #24784765 - 11/15/17 01:02 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Happinessfeeling said:
Hi,

I am wondering the primary similarities and differences between magic truffles and magic mushrooms (psilocybin cubensis mushrooms).
I would like to know if their effects are very similar or not, if the right dose is taken of magic truffles.
I also wanted to know something else, that is whether or not fresh magic truffles are illegal in the united states?
The reason I ask is because I have read conflicting reports.
I first read that any substance containing psilocybin is illegal in the united states.
Then, elsewhere, I read that only the fruiting bodies of psilocybin-containing mushrooms are prohibited, whereas magic truffles are not technically mushrooms but are sclerota, which grow underground, so they cannot be classified as such and are thus legal to possess in their fresh form.
If someone could clear all of this up it would be great, thank you.

Magic mushrooms are illegal in Europe but truffles are legal.

In North America magic truffles are considered as illegal as magic mushrooms, for the most part. If there are magic mushrooms growing on your yard you will not be charged but if a cop sees you pick and eat one your screwed.

BTW I have forced magic mushrooms into producing truffles using pf cakes its rather easy just drop the temps and no air circulation just as they are about to fruit, I found them to be about as potent as normal shrooms but had a  sweet taste to them. IMHO most cops would not know that truffles can be magic so safety in ignorance but you never know.

Invisiblewannabmckenna
stranger than anyone
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic truffles compared to magic mushrooms [Re: rider420]
    #24785029 - 11/15/17 02:43 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

mushrooms and truffles are illegal in europe but truffles in holland because of a loophole in dutch law they still remain legal it is the actual active compounds that are illegal so even if there in the mushroom or extracted or a in a truffle its illegal!

--------------------
Never eat a mushroom I have identified                Smokey of friday

Edited by wannabmckenna (11/18/17 12:15 PM)

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #24790336 - 11/17/17 07:54 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Yes, the effects are very similar at the right dose.

A couple of recent posts on this topic:

Magic Truffles vs. Magic Mushrooms (differences?)

Are magic truffles any good and which ones are the best?

Quote:

I think that's right. Never heard of magic truffles being legal in the US.

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #24790860 - 11/18/17 03:45 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Truffles are legal in the netherlands, but in no other country in the world.

Some smartshops sell fresh truffles all over the place to any country, but that doesn't make them legal in your country.
Maybe they arrive, but if the package is opened by customs then you are fucked.

And yes, truffles contain the same ingeredients than fruited mushrooms. Psilocin, psilocybin, baeocystin. All turn to psilocin in your body, that's the active compound. So the trips are the same.
Triffles are harder to chew and more material to ingest. 25g of truffles is like 3.5g of dried cubes.

-

OfflineHappinessfeeling
GOD
 User Gallery

Re: Magic truffles compared to magic mushrooms [Re: Pandemoon]
    #24791288 - 11/18/17 10:03 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks both of you for your thoughtful replies.

Quote:

25g of truffles is like 3.5g of dried cubes.

While I am no doubt certain that what you are saying is true, I feel that it is not right to compare the two in such a way, because you are comparing fresh truffles with dried mushrooms.
What I would like to know is, what is the exact difference in potency of both dried truffles and dried mushrooms.
For example, 25g of fresh truffles would equal how much dried truffles?
Perhaps 4g?
Looking at it like this, it would seem that psilocybe cubensis mushrooms are really not that much stronger than magic truffles/sclerota.
Thanks for your input.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Ganja Bush Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Lord Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. HappinessFeeling.

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #24791399 - 11/18/17 11:17 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Well I never tried truffles myself, but most people seem to have mild experiences from eating one package of average truffles (15g wet).
25 to 30g is considered a strong(er) dose, that would be comparable to >3.5g of dried cubes. IMO :stoned:

But.. truffles dry somewhat differently than cubes.. they are hard to compare this way.
The active compounds are the same, though. Only dosage it different.

-

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #24791519 - 11/18/17 12:18 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

What I would like to know is, what is the exact difference in potency of both dried truffles and dried mushrooms.
For example, 25g of fresh truffles would equal how much dried truffles?

This is from the Easier than Cubes Sclerotia FAQ in the cultivation forum:

Quote:

Fresh, sclerotia is twice as potent as fresh P. cubensis.
Dry, sclerotia two thirds as potent as dry P. cubensis.

In real life things are not going to be as exact as this suggests, but it's a useful guideline. (N.B Yes this does mean that by weight, fresh sclerotia is more potent than fresh cubes, and dry cubes are more potent than dry sclerotia. It's because of the different water content - sclerotia won't lose as much weight when you dry it).

Based on the above, 25g fresh truffles *might* be equivalent to 50g fresh cubes. It's difficult to be exact because the potency of sclerotia can vary a lot. A 25g sclerotia trip could be "meh" or it could blow your head off....

A typical real-life potency of 25g fresh truffles being like 3.5g dried cubes sounds about right, but it does vary a fair bit.

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale