Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Very helpful collection of information [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24784689 - 11/15/17 12:25 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Great point, i can see why.

I feel like grain jars can handle a minute amount of contams but not LC's (theyll just spread the contams). but yes its when theyre shaken that the contams really show themselves. Grain jars can look clean until shaking

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrenetic Zetetic
Male User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Fractal420]
    #24795510 - 11/20/17 11:49 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

This thread is incredibly informative. Exactly what I needed to come across. Thank you.

--------------------
"Take it easy, dude. But TAKE it!" - Terence McKenna

OfflineGrowingBoy
Stranger
Male
Loc: Spain! Flag
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Frenetic Zetetic]
    #24799496 - 11/22/17 08:34 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Great info!
Thanks!

Offlinemortuu
Stranger

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: GrowingBoy]
    #24849805 - 12/16/17 12:28 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

This chart will be a poster on the wall of my room :mushroom2:

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: mortuu]
    #24849821 - 12/16/17 12:35 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

:picdidnthappen:

OfflineVisuals
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #24865732 - 12/24/17 10:55 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I’m definitely a noob to the world of mycology, but glad a site like this exists to help me get started.  Thanks for the post bodhisatta, I still have a lot more to learn before actually growing but you’ve helped me to get the ball rolling.

OfflineUnsungHero
Endure & Persist

Loc: root@remotehost
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Visuals]
    #24888869 - 01/04/18 01:56 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Brilliant post!

I just started getting growing myself. I have been lurking for a while now. :cool: In the last few months I have bought a pressure cooker, built a SAB, as well as a SGFC. I've started playing with agar too. I've already done a few transfers (even cleaned up a print I got from a friend). In the meantime, I've inoculated 10 jars for pf tek that are about 90% colonized. I've also started a few grain jars, which are about to be spawned to bulk! So far I have had great success and feel that my research has definitely paid off.

What a great community this is! :thumbup:

--------------------
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear."

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: UnsungHero]
    #24893732 - 01/06/18 09:17 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Good job Unsung!

Welcome to the wide world of mycology :smile:

My first attempt was just like 8 PF Jars, Cambodians, man that was fire actually! Since it was MS (syringe) i grew cambos again and they were awesome but that first time, amazing. Theyre great with cakes, i think more prolific.

With a tub, cambos always come out huge AF and not terribly prolific, but potent and has a "happy" vibe (yeah, yeah, psychosomatic maybe, but cambos rule)

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineUnsungHero
Endure & Persist

Loc: root@remotehost
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Fractal420]
    #24894155 - 01/06/18 01:09 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks Fractal420!

hah, as a matter of fact I just nocc'ed up 12 more BRF jars with some cambo's last night. I am guessing by the time I put my first batch of cakes (GT) into the SGFC in a couple of days, they should be showing signs of growth. I also just spawned a few grain jars of B+ to bulk. :thumbup:

--------------------
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear."

OfflineTsteigs
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: UnsungHero]
    #24936286 - 01/23/18 01:25 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Just one more noob appreciating the info and your work!

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Tsteigs]
    #24988044 - 02/12/18 04:15 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I fucking love this flow chart.

Whenever someone asks how to start growing my head starts to spin with all the options and routes available. This chart basically is a map of what my brain is thinking and wanting to tell the inquirer.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #24988170 - 02/12/18 06:59 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

:rockon:

OfflineMyc0L0GyWannAbE
Floating Aura
Male

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25001671 - 02/17/18 04:38 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds very plausible.

--------------------
Psilocybin Connoisseur[gradient:#RED,#BLUE][/gradient]

Offlinefraufranfroufrou
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Myc0L0GyWannAbE]
    #25002415 - 02/17/18 10:50 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I'm new and will be starting with a spore syringe and agar. However, a couple posts I've read have talked about bad genetics leading to poor results for first timers, so I'm wondering if there is a way to improve the genetics before I do a full grow, like using agar or a bunch of small grains jars to select for faster growing/healthier mycelium? Is that even a thing? I didn't find much through the search function.

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: fraufranfroufrou]
    #25002451 - 02/17/18 11:17 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fraufranfroufrou said:
I'm new and will be starting with a spore syringe and agar. However, a couple posts I've read have talked about bad genetics leading to poor results for first timers, so I'm wondering if there is a way to improve the genetics before I do a full grow, like using agar or a bunch of small grains jars to select for faster growing/healthier mycelium? Is that even a thing? I didn't find much through the search function.

It's not just for first timers.

If you start with multispore you can select the biggest cluster or fastest growing fruit to clone and limit the gene pool.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

Offlinefraufranfroufrou
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #25002678 - 02/18/18 02:34 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Makes sense and corresponds to another post I just found. Thanks

OfflineConntrap
Stranger

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: fraufranfroufrou]
    #25005659 - 02/19/18 12:59 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Great post !

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25011882 - 02/21/18 09:24 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
Quote:

fraufranfroufrou said:

It's not just for first timers.

If you start with multispore you can select the biggest cluster or fastest growing fruit to clone and limit the gene pool.

Since youre using agar, once you transfer, its not really multispore anymore. If you do a good transfer, you can have a great project just with syringe > agar > 1 xfer > grain. Which can be done pretty quick.

You dont have to use agar, you can shoot up the grains if its a clean enough syringe. I mean, worked for me so many times. Regardless of recommended or not, and many of those MS grows were awesome. That said, these days im more about agar, but thats after years of mostly just multispore

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineC12H16N20
O G
Male User Gallery

Loc: can't get there from here...
    #25014453 - 02/22/18 08:20 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks BOD for a totally complete post  for us to get started, and keeping everyone on the right path!

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: C12H16N20]
    #25015093 - 02/23/18 02:52 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

This is an amazing flow chart, i pretty much know this by heart but i still look from time to time.

If this existed when i just started out, would be awesome. Was more like "1) PF tek 2) grains + coir 3) agar to grains/coir" some people would focus on agar before grains but i was always more about learning bulk grows, MS or not.

Working the monotub for the first time was so awesome. Well first was a cheap dubtub lol, same results. But alot more annoying taking it apart and taping back together

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds