Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAllCaps333
Beginner

Growing In Huge Jars?
    #24783178 - 11/14/17 08:15 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Hey ya’ll, surprisingly enough, I had some of my biggest fruits grow in simple mason jars that I had layered with a little extra manure and grain that I had left over after doing substrates.

It worked amazingly well, one drilled hole in the lid was enough to regulate it perfectly until pins came in (I might have then did two holes), with lid fully off as the fruits reached the top.

Any reason I couldn’t buy a huge 2 gallon jar of pickles and do the same tek but bigger? :tongue:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAntimatter
Nobody Important

Re: Growing In Huge Jars? [Re: AllCaps333]
    #24783239 - 11/14/17 08:37 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Yes you can.

If you are thinking of doing this for efficiency, bags will allow the greatest amount of substrate to be sterilized in one given PC run. As for large jars like mannanase and pickle jars, you might not be able to sterilize as much substrate as several small jars depending on your PC or jar shape/size.

FYI-these jars tend to be thinner than mason jars. They can be more easily crack when moving in or out of a PC. 

Also, in theory, smaller jars do not insulate your substrate like larger jars and bags are believed to. As a result, keep in mind that a LC, LI, agar, or slurry TEKs are generally recommended to colonize these substrates more rapidly.

--------------------
BEANS GREENS POTATOES TOMATOES

OfflinecronicrM
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing In Huge Jars? [Re: Antimatter]
    #24783252 - 11/14/17 08:42 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Great night lights

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation