Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

I really need some advice
    #24778839 - 11/12/17 09:41 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Okay so I've had a post or 2 lately but haven't been able to provide adequate information for the main question I have so far is, am I giving these cakes what they need in order to produce some fruit? So this is my setup, it's obviously a stealth grow hence you can tell by how the sgfc is stored. Anyhow, yes I am aware that my tote is a good bit shallow it was what came with a kit I got online that came with the pre filled jars and what not all I had to do was inoculate them. So at first I thought I didn't have enough holes on this sgfc so I ended up drilling holes on all sides including the bottom where the perlite rests. I have cut back a lot on the misting, I wait until the cakes seem just a bit dry as well as the verm that they were rolled in and then I gently mist over top the cakes and let the water fall down on top but I also gently mist the sides so the cakes just start to glisten. I then fan with the lid and lately somebody on here told me maybe i should take the lid off and put it off set to get more FAE. Anyways here are 2 pics that I have to show exactly what I'm dealing with here. Also if you can see in the picture that is showing where the tote is stored, the light that I am using for the cakes is attached to the cinderblock that sits right across from the tote.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevan hattonFacebookDiscord
Still a noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I really need some advice [Re: MisterKush]
    #24778883 - 11/12/17 10:32 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Needs more perlite, fanning is pointless ,kits suck. is there holes in the lid?
Is it resting on the ground or raised? Should be raised.

I can't really tell but your cakes look a little dry. You want them to have beads of moisture on them all the time.

Something else but I can't remember.

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:
:thumbsup:
Fun part is figuring out what works best for you

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

Re: I really need some advice [Re: van hatton]
    #24778884 - 11/12/17 10:34 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

van hatton said:
Needs more perlite, fanning is pointless ,kits suck. is there holes in the lid?
Is it resting on the ground or raised? Should be raised.

I can't really tell but your cakes look a little dry. You want them to have beads of moisture on them all the time.

Something else but I can't remember.

Yes it's raised, no there are no holes in the lid. Also I just now added about another half inch to inch of perlite.

Edited by MisterKush (11/12/17 10:43 PM)

Invisiblevan hattonFacebookDiscord
Still a noob
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Trusted Cultivator
    #24778907 - 11/12/17 10:51 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Hard to tell how much u got in there should be at least 4-6 inches.

Forget cracking the lid just put holes in it grid style 2x2 if I remember right.

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:
:thumbsup:
Fun part is figuring out what works best for you

Offlinesir_spins_alot
Feels like a stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: I really need some advice [Re: van hatton]
    #24779242 - 11/13/17 06:33 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Another thing,  if your putting it under that table its not getting much air flow.  I had mine in a big closet and it wasn't doing well.  I moved it to a more open area and now I'm getting better results.

--------------------

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

Re: I really need some advice [Re: sir_spins_alot]
    #24779329 - 11/13/17 07:30 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

sir_spins_alot said:
Another thing,  if your putting it under that table its not getting much air flow.  I had mine in a big closet and it wasn't doing well.  I moved it to a more open area and now I'm getting better results.

yes I completely agree that it probably isnt getting optimum airflow and thats another reason why i was manually fanning it. My first grow was in a closet and it did very well. I'm really hoping I can get at least some fruit out of this grow I've been so patient

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

#24779370 - 11/13/17 07:47 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Also one more thing, where I am growing it's like a tiny little room on its own that is sealed off from visibility by a magnetic door that goes on right where im taking the pic from

Offlinesir_spins_alot
Feels like a stranger
 User Gallery

#24779379 - 11/13/17 07:52 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

You will get fruits.  Mushrooms are resilient.  They just won't grow to their full potential.

--------------------

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

Re: I really need some advice [Re: sir_spins_alot]
    #24779406 - 11/13/17 08:03 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

When you say full potential are you talking quantity and quality? One or the other or both? I was hoping to get at least an eighth per cake per flush, of course dry that is.

Edited by MisterKush (11/13/17 08:04 AM)

InvisibleMateja
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #24779436 - 11/13/17 08:17 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Just follow the Teks man.. Build the SGFC like it's supposed to be built and use it like it's supposed to be used. If you just follow the Teks success will follow soon :shrug:

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

Re: I really need some advice [Re: Mateja]
    #24779444 - 11/13/17 08:20 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Well that was the plan but I didn't realize the kit I ordered would give me such a shallow tote. I've been following it Im trying to make sure everything looks alright.

InvisibleMateja

#24779494 - 11/13/17 08:39 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

What does the size of the tote have to do with the fact that you didn't drill holes in the top and that you placed the SGFC in s small unventilated area? If you follow the Teks you won't make these mistakes!

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #24779500 - 11/13/17 08:42 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MisterKush said:
Quote:

sir_spins_alot said:

yes I completely agree that it probably isnt getting optimum airflow and thats another reason why i was manually fanning it. My first grow was in a closet and it did very well. I'm really hoping I can get at least some fruit out of this grow I've been so patient

Manual fanning requires 6-10 fannings an hour to make up for the FAE it gets if built correctly

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

Re: I really need some advice [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24779523 - 11/13/17 08:53 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Well that's the only area I can place this thing at the moment excuse me. Plus I wasn't aware of the holes in the top because I didn't do it with my last grow either and things came out how I anticipated then.

If I just add these holes to the top then will I be in better shape?

InvisibleMateja

#24779547 - 11/13/17 08:59 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Well, at least you will have a SGFC if you drill holes in the top. A SGFC is a good FC for your mushrooms.

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #24779554 - 11/13/17 09:01 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

My advice is if you have to hide your sgfc rethink growing mushrooms at this time in your life.

And if you're going to build a sgfc at least follow the directions.

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

#24779570 - 11/13/17 09:04 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mateah said:
Well, at least you will have a SGFC if you drill holes in the top. A SGFC is a good FC for your mushrooms.

Okay well I appreciate that. I can show a picture of this little room that they are in, and I guess technically I could pull them out from under that thing because if someone looks in that little room to begin with they'll see them no matter what, it was just like making me feel safer keeping it under there for some reason. I'm going to post a pic here in a few minutes of this "little room" and I would like some feedback on that as well if I may please ask.

Okay so here is what I am working with

Edited by MisterKush (11/13/17 09:11 AM)

OfflineMisterKush
Relearning

#24779579 - 11/13/17 09:05 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
My advice is if you have to hide your sgfc rethink growing mushrooms at this time in your life.

Thank you for your advice. I mean not to sound jerky but, unless you're living in a place where it is legal to grow psilocybes then you are still hiding them from the law at that point.

Edited by MisterKush (11/13/17 09:12 AM)

InvisibleMateja

#24779651 - 11/13/17 09:30 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MisterKush said:
Okay so here is what I am working with

Was the photo taken from a window? Or a door? I don't understand this picture, can you provide some measurements of the room? :smile:
SGFC need at least e few meter around it and some air movement to work properly. Are you occupying that room or another one?

--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub

Offlinesir_spins_alot
Feels like a stranger
 User Gallery

#24779661 - 11/13/17 09:33 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

I think he got the fc with a kit of some sort.  Not that he can't modify it.  Or just drill a bunch of holes in a 5 dollar tote.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck