Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
What psychadelic is safest to a person's mental health?
    #2477036 - 03/26/04 01:08 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

And at what at what dose? LSD, psilocybin, mescaline, etc.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: What psychadelic is safest to a person's mental health? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2477066 - 03/26/04 01:15 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

They are all safe. Just know you should flow with the trip and not fight it, but in any case I think LSD is easier to handle, less elements that might make you want to fight the trip. LSD is easier and cleaner, more outrospective than introspective and confusing.
I think mescaline is like this to (havent tried it though, only read about it). But I must say I like mushrooms the best, I feel like mushrooms are the real thing and alot more spiritual.
Half a blotter of good acid is enough to just know what its like (and have fun as fuck... trust me), but if you take a whole one it throws you more into the trip, still easy to handle but less... ummm less mental frustration.
When tripping hard on acid I feel the chemical kind of giving me a slight frying feeling on top of my brain, its nothing dangerous but... anyways I'm rambling here. Go for half a blotter of acid for your first trip experience, in the trip (its really smooth and long) take the other half if you feel like it.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
    #2477079 - 03/26/04 01:20 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

noneof them are safe to the users mental wellbeing, if u fear for it, do yourself a favor and stay away from them, if u dont mind the insaity of it all, then up the dose :wink:

at any time in apersonspsychdelic history, yourlife can be trampled on, unless your like me and take insanity and perm psychdelic effects to heart and evolve from it. :wink:

if i had to pick one, id say LSD, psylocin being the most mentally fucked in my experience. mescaline is inbetween.

OfflineB_Henry_Hastur
fifth and mostformidable
Loc: 91571482014
    #2477108 - 03/26/04 01:26 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

I'm not sure if this question can be answered for another person, as I definitely can't predict the outcome of any trip for myself (much less for someone else)...

Although, from personal experience, MDMA (so I was told) gave me an incredibly positive and vibrant outlook on experiencing life from that first roll onwards.  The set and setting I was caught up in during those few hours allowed me to really open up (whether caused by the drug, or not) to people who became more than friends after that night, which was relieving-to say the very least.  I felt like a time bomb in my mind was defused, and I became much more relaxed towards just about everything from that point onward-which is something I would deem as very positive, to myself.

The term "safe", in conjunction with any volatile compound, isn't something I would feel comfortable with giving advice on.  There are just too many factors to take into account to tell a person I've never met what is "safe" or "un-safe".

Have fun, and be "safe"  :smirk:

--------------------
"If all are One," the fifth Illuminatus added significantly, "all violence is masochism."
"If all are One," Brother Otto replied nastily, "all sex is masturbation..."

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: What psychadelic is safest to a person's mental health? [Re: B_Henry_Hastur]
    #2477191 - 03/26/04 01:49 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

If you say, hypothetically, you have a fragile mind and that powerful mind-blowing psychedelics like acid and shrooms would definitely mess with your head, maybe even give you a bad trip... then definitely MDMA. IMO, pure MDMA is much more gentle than acid or mushrooms, and though the hangover is worse as I don't have a hangover with either acid or mushrooms besides just some cramps, I have never seen anyone have a bad experience with ecstasy. However, as I'm not much for the more gentle, skin-tingling chemicals like MDMA and love the mind-fuck and outright hallucinations of mushrooms, this person isn't me.

If by mental health you mean past mental disorders though, it's wise to stay away from all psychedelics, even marijuana. It's better to be drug-free than have a schizophrenic outbreak.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: What psychadelic is safest to a person's mental health? [Re: LCid]
    #2477214 - 03/26/04 01:53 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

i agree with all you said except this
Quote:

if i had to pick one, id say LSD, psylocin being the most mentally fucked in my experience. mescaline is inbetween.

lsd fucks you up and stays with you wayy longer then psilocin ever could. ask anybody whos done alot of lsd and other psychedelics too. ask chinacat72 , once you take a really high dose of lsd you'll be high for the rest of your life

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: What psychadelic is safest to a person's mental health? [Re: Infrared]
    #2477285 - 03/26/04 02:14 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

I guess to clarify my question, I'm not talking about triggering psychosis in a mentally unstable person, but more of what drug experience is easiest to incorporate with everyday life. What has the most positive and healthy long term effect on how your mind understands the world, imparts clarity and spiritual connection rather than confusion and weirdness?

--------------------

Edited by Divided_Sky (03/26/04 02:17 PM)

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2477309 - 03/26/04 02:22 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

mescaline.... but its hard to narrow it down to one drug just because it would most likely vary from person to person.

--------------------

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #2477340 - 03/26/04 02:32 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

if your dealing with any sort of mental episodes or have psychological problems then stay away from all drugs. it really isn't worth it. it will just keep sending further and further into a world of confusion and insanity. especially acid. i was going through a lot a few years back and i had done a lot of acid, thinking it could help w/ some sort of a spiritual/emotional increase but it just sent me to a place i didn't want to be. acid is like a one way vacation (i have a lot of friends that will vouch that this is true)(even Paul McCartney from the Beatles said this). and MDMA is not safe! most of the tabs out there are cut with god knows what and ecstacy can have severe long term effects. but if you really do want to try some sort of psychedelic go with the naturals. remember just because they grow natural it doesn't mean that they are totally safe for your psyche. i'd say give mushrooms a try if your looking for some kind of hallucinogen. then later on down the line see what mescaline is all about. there are positive things that come with psychedelics but if things are chillin for you right now then just keep doing your own thing with out em'.

just my two cents.
peace

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: What psychadelic is safest to a person's mental health? [Re: Psilostylin]
    #2477358 - 03/26/04 02:39 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

I have used mushrooms before, albeit the dose was pretty low and I didn't really feel it at all until I smoked so weed.
I don't have any serious mental problems I am quite comfortable with marijuana, but i realize just as drugs can connect you with a deeper reality they can get you stuck in your own. I was just curious.

--------------------

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #2477604 - 03/26/04 04:06 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

you might wanna check out mescaline,

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
    #2477613 - 03/26/04 04:07 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

"lsd fucks you up and stays with you wayy longer then psilocin ever could. ask anybody whos done alot of lsd and other psychedelics too. ask chinacat72 , once you take a really high dose of lsd you'll be high for the rest of your life"

ask anyone whos done alot of lsd, ya i guess the 500+ times ive done it only put me on a amature level :wink:

LSD is fun, nothing but

Psylocin can drive u mad(not saying lsd cant but, if u got a strong mind lsd is a miracle.), sorry the fungis hasnt showen u the sights ive seen. LSD is the most carefree beautiful nonstop laughter greatness i have ever experienced with a psychdelic, and ive aten 1 or 2 :wink:

hold on

"once you take a really high dose of lsd you'll be high for the rest of your life"

do u know wtf you talkin about here? didnt think so. i know a guy who ate 2 grams of cubensies and is still tripping 5 years later.

-founding member of hppdonline

Edited by LCid (03/26/04 04:16 PM)

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #2477659 - 03/26/04 04:19 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

thats your oppinion... and your entitled to it.  But from my extensive experience with nearly all psychedelics , and from knowing and living with loads of heavy psychedelic consumers. LSD is the one drug that makes the longest lasting impact on peoples lives. ive never ONCE seen someone hallucinate for a week from taking some mushrooms :smirk:  maybe "lsd is fun, nuthing but" for you but from what i've seen in my life it is far more than that

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #2477670 - 03/26/04 04:26 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

do u know wtf you talkin about here? didnt think so. i know a guy who ate 2 grams of cubensies and is still tripping 5 years later.

thats good... i can see you can awnser your own questions. i find that very doubtful your friend is still tripping 5 years later from 2 grams of cubes :tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2477675 - 03/26/04 04:28 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

I DEFINITLY dont agree....
I think LSD is the worst out of all of them. Dont get me wrong, i love acid more than any other psychedelic. But Acid has totally and permanently changed the way my brain works, while shrooms have had very little permanent change. Shrooms always drop you off smoothly, but LSD tends to stick around a while, especially if you are taking hefty doses.

Anyways, to answer Divided Sky's question, i think MESCALINE is the best for what you are looking for. It's easy to understand afterwards, it is very healing, and gives a clear and spiritual trip. I made a really long trip report about it on the shroomery that you can search for...it sounds like what your looking for. The only thing is mescaline is a pretty long trip, which can be hard to find time for.

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: What psychadelic is safest to a person's mental health? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2477722 - 03/26/04 08:37 PM (20 years, 6 days ago)

I personally really enjoy LSD. The after effects of it are nothing but positive to me. But that could just be me.

--------------------

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2477820 - 03/27/04 11:34 AM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Ok, could getting bitchy over completely subjective experiences taper off now please?

I found it easier to figure dosage with acid, so the half-a-hit mentioned above sounds good.

Of course, that'd mean actually having acid in the first place.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlinetelamahooka
journeyman

#2477936 - 03/27/04 12:26 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

take a half eigth of psilocybin the first time or a full eigth is you feel ready mentally, i never got schizophrenia or went crazy and i've taken a full eigth each time atleast and so have a lot of people I know. maybe a low dose of acid would be good also. You have to keep an open mind about whatever of these drugs you choose to trip on because if you don't you'll probably get a lot of nervous thoughts before the drugs hit you and it won't be much fun like it should be.

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"-doctor johnson

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2478371 - 03/27/04 03:32 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

I can roll much better with a high dose of lsd then mushrooms. Althought if an lsd trip does go sour your going to have to ride it out longer then shrooms. Mushrooms can seam more mentally hectic for me. I dont have enough expierence with mescaline to say.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Re: What psychadelic is safest to a person's mental health? [Re: baraka]
    #2478403 - 03/27/04 03:50 PM (20 years, 5 days ago)

Terrence Mckenna and Rick Strassman M.D. always said that DMT was the safest psychedelic of them all because of 2 reasons...
1. We produce it within the pineal
2. The trip lasts no more than 15 minutes, it is a baseline drug that your BRAIN knows exactly what to do with.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate