Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Loc: mid-air?
Re: Take part in the Revolution [Re: Evolving]
    #2464741 - 03/23/04 05:44 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

yeah, nice stereotypical right wing response.

They still have an understanding of economics, even if it is marxist, and let us not forget that these people rose to power in the first half of the 20th century, so they didnt have the priveleged hindsight that comes along with living in the 21st century.

Nice try though, I dont know what you're trying to prove, obviously nothing of value. My point IS that a understanding of modern economics is key to understanding the modern world, which is they key to a successful revolution. And even though you may disagree with marxism, MaoZeDong did understand the modern world of 1930's China about a million times better than you understand your modern context.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2464744 - 03/23/04 05:45 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

Part of the secret to success is to listen carefully to all those who say something can't be done, consider all their objections and attempt to follow their reasoning, then go out and do it. The world will never be changed by those who say it cannot be done, they are agents of inertia, lacking the vision and the necessary attitude to make a difference.

Inertia-smertia! Quiet down and hand me the remote...

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Take part in the Revolution [Re: lostsuitcase]
    #2465984 - 03/23/04 11:39 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

lostsuitcase said:
yeah, nice stereotypical right wing response.

Erroneous labelling, typical of the ignorant.

Quote:

They still have an understanding of economics, even if it is marxist, and let us not forget that these people rose to power in the first half of the 20th century, so they didnt have the priveleged hindsight that comes along with living in the 21st century.

Marxist 'understanding' of economics is seriously flawed. Many who came before the revolutionaries you listed understood this. Sadly, many today still do not understand this even with ample historical evidence.

Quote:

My point IS that a understanding of modern economics is key to understanding the modern world, which is they key to a successful revolution.

Yes, an understanding of economics is quite helpful for understanding modern society. However, your point that such understanding is key to a successful revolution has not been shown to be valid. How does Adolph Hitler's revolution fall within your 'theory?' Why do you not want to look at revolutions prior to the 20th century?

Quote:

MaoZeDong did understand the modern world of 1930's China about a million times better than you understand your modern context.

Oooooo, you're oh so wise. May I sit at your knees and learn from your ignorance? Of course Mao understood 1930's China, he was living in China in the 1930's for Christ's sake. He also understood what all dictators understand, the nature of political power and the use of fear and violence. However, communist central planning was an economic disaster, that's why it was abandoned.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Take part in the Revolution [Re: Shroomism]
    #2466312 - 03/24/04 02:07 AM (20 years, 10 days ago)

I think we now need a large group of people attempting to BRING ALL OF THE VARIOUS "ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT" groups together into one. If you look at things the right way, it seems that many of the alien contact sites, through to the hippy movements, through to drug-inspired 'revolution' sites, through to political 'anarchists' or 'fanatic liberals,' like they all have parts of the same vision.

I wish I/we could some up with some way to bring all of these various groups together at least to accomplish some of the basic goals they all share

edit: wow Ekom I hadn't seen your post yet :smile: right on man!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (03/24/04 02:15 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2466327 - 03/24/04 02:12 AM (20 years, 10 days ago)

Shroomism can you please describe "the beginning stages" of this "revolution/free will movement?"

I'm definitely interested in learning at least a little bit about what you're attempting to accomplish :smile:

I think most movement in this type of direction (if I'm understanding you..), at this time, is good movement.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Take part in the Revolution [Re: Strumpling]
    #2466461 - 03/24/04 03:10 AM (20 years, 10 days ago)

Sign me up - the world is definitely due for an attitude-readjustment.
I'd do anything I could to help.

--------------------
]

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Take part in the Revolution [Re: Strumpling]
    #2467461 - 03/24/04 11:45 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
Shroomism can you please describe "the beginning stages" of this "revolution/free will movement?"

I'm definitely interested in learning at least a little bit about what you're attempting to accomplish :smile:

"
We are a collection of people from around the world, who have joined together for the purposes of promoting global unity and peace; protecting human rights and free will, preventing political injustice and manipulation, and preserving the infallable natural rights afforded to all humans, animals, and nature. Our mission is to provide an objective perspective on these issues, and provide as un-biased an education as possible to as many people as we can reach. We hope to unite the nations of the world, in order to help manifest a global change in the way we interact with each other. This is a movement based on peace, and love for all things. We hope to create a better world for the future, by helping to restore personal sovereignty to all beings, and establishing an equal and fair treatment of all humans, and to care for this sacred planet which sustains our existence. "

^^ That's a rough draft of the mission statement I came up with

Right now the beginning stages, involves:

1. Establishing and defining our objectives, goals, and such. Working out all the kinks by having them critically evaluated over and over. Trying to establish as objective a message as possible, one that everyone can relate to (a universal  message), that is free from dogma, contradictions, etc.. and leaves room for future evolution.

2. Creating and maintaining a website, with a bulletin board.

3. Forming alliances with other organizations and groups with similar ideals and goals.

4. Forming a "bulletproof, airtight foundation" before we really bring everything out into the public

Once the foundation is in place, it will move forward into the physical realm. I've got a bunch of ideas on places to push for change, but those wont be revealed until we are a force to be reckoned with  :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Take part in the Revolution [Re: Swami]
    #2467498 - 03/24/04 11:57 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Do we have to wear starched white shirts with skinny black ties and go door to door on bicycles distributing pamphlets?

:lol:

If you so desire....

This is a revolution based on free will.. so if that's what you want to do.. go for it  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2467511 - 03/24/04 12:02 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

That's a good mission statement. :thumbup:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Take part in the Revolution [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2467544 - 03/24/04 12:12 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Thanks mang.. .though I think it could be worded better.
If anyone has any suggestions or revisions to it I would really appreciate it

--------------------

InvisibleMal_Fenderson
Space Monkey

Loc: North American Plate.
    #2467560 - 03/24/04 12:19 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

My only problem with this would be what you mean by free-will. Is this a dogmatic assertion that we have free-will in whatever metaphysical sense you might be using it, or that we must operate as though we did in order to achieve whatever ends we'd like, or is it perhaps a committment to finding out just what it is and where it is and how it operates?

--------------------
----
"Better Dead than Red."

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Take part in the Revolution [Re: Mal_Fenderson]
    #2467667 - 03/24/04 01:00 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

- The citizens of Earth have the right to act freely, except when such actions infringe the rights of others to act freely.

And if it harms none, do as ye will

That's my definition of free will. That your free will should extend as far as you like, unless it interferes with another being's free will.

--------------------

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
    #2467688 - 03/24/04 01:10 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Evolving... umm... those are some... um, nice opinions you've, uh, got there.  In my opinion, you are very very wrong. 

"Marxist 'understanding' of economics is seriously flawed.  Many who came before the revolutionaries you listed understood this."

So how did you enjoy Das Kapital?  Pretty dense stuff, eh?  I hardly got through the first volume.  It's a pretty elaborate and thorough set of ideas.  I like how you can dismiss it offhand like that.  Kindly open your mind just a skooch and see how economic and social equality is not only preferable, but is possible as well?  The reason marxist economics is studied in universities across the world is because the ideas might in fact have some merit. 

If you want to go around comparing economic systems, you might want to take a closer look at the one in which 90% of all money exists in the form of credit, where over a billion dollars is needed to float your nation's dollar EVERY DAY for the purpose of trade and where I can't get a decent cheeseburger unless I make it myself!

But a degree in economics isn't necessarily all that important for a successful revolution.  Just look at Emiliano Zapata.  He was a horse-rancher.  He not only carried out an extremely successful and humane revolution but the agrarian reforms that took place during the revolution were necessary in order to modernize Mexico (which is all that's kept it from getting entirely annexed by the U.S.).

Anyways, this revolution sounds lovely.  I'm more into the physical aspect of the revolution, really, but I just need to spend more time on the computer, I guess...  :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Offlinelostsuitcase
...missing

Loc: mid-air?
Re: Take part in the Revolution [Re: Panoramix]
    #2467740 - 03/24/04 01:35 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

But a degree in economics isn't necessarily all that important for a successful revolution. Just look at Emiliano Zapata. He was a horse-rancher. He not only carried out an extremely successful and humane revolution but the agrarian reforms that took place during the revolution were necessary in order to modernize Mexico (which is all that's kept it from getting entirely annexed by the U.S.).

No a degree in economics is not vital, but I do think anyone interested in change should make a really big effort to understand the system that governs our world.

On Zapata, he did something very different from what shroomism an co are trying to do. Shroomism is trying to effect world governance and international policy.

If you want to promote free will and protect human rights, (which as I've said there are allready many many great NGO's doing so) you have to have some sort of ability to influence.

Shroomism, how are you going to influence the government of North Korea? (who are undoubtedly one of your main targets) ?

In order to influence NK, you will need to liberalize their economy so that foriegn ideas can seep through the borders. How will you do this if you dont even understand how their economy functions?

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2477664 - 03/26/04 04:21 PM (20 years, 7 days ago)

I'd also like to learn more.

I can't connect the irc channel or server...

I guess let me know when you get a BB up.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order