Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTherickSanchez21
Stranger
 User Gallery
Master Jar Questions
    #24774918 - 11/11/17 02:30 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

So, I currently have 40+ agar plates that I will be choosing from on the 14th. on the 8th I transferred Agar to Agar two strains. A+ and PF. My current go to is Rye grain.

What is the quickest way to colonize a new jar from agar?

How much Agar should I use for each new Jar?

If using a smaller size jar would it really change the speed on how long the jar will take to get colonized if its properly mixed?

How does one choose which jar will make a great Master Jar?

In a perfect world I want to slurry the new Master Jar into several hundred jars.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: Master Jar Questions [Re: TherickSanchez21]
    #24775306 - 11/11/17 09:53 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I've never used rye grain but going from agar to WBS I have had some pretty fast results.

Basically the only way to help increase speed of colonization is in part what you already did. Start it on agar. From there the moisture of your grain, whether or not it is too low, high, or perfect, will effect colonization rate.

The temp where the jars are at might impact colonization. I shoot for around 70 degree in my room.

The genetics could also play into colonization rate.

Usually it takes like 1-2 day for agar to jump to grain, I then shake, like 4-7 days I usually get great growth and shake again. Then I wait for it to finish colonizing. I have some WBS jars I did on the 5th that are almost ready for the final shake. Overall I would guess 1-2 weeks for full colonization.

Some people go like 1 agar to 2 jars or so. Or even 1 agar to 1 jar. I do one agar to 7 jars.

If you want the fastest colonization and since you have lots of ready agar, maybe cut the agar into 8 pieces or something then put like 4-8 or so in each jar. I always let sit 1-2 days then shake. If you do that with multiple agar pieces your growth should be quick since you spread out Inoc points all over the jar.

I would use quart jars because it colonizes fast enough that it doesn't hurt having more spawn in each jar for colonizing. Just seems overall easier and I think this is like one of the main reason people move to grain and quart jars. More spawn quicker.

Master jar is determined by healthy myc growth. Basically you're just looking for any jars that look like picture perfect healthy myc. Posting pics and having a TC id if the jar is good for G2G or not is your best bet. They will help you for sure.

Then g2g is quicker than agar. Again I have only used WBS though. Not sure if or what difference would be for rye.

Never worked with slurry myself because I haven't taken the time to learn or get the material. Agar to grain and g2g works very well and you can get a lot of jars quickly with that.

Do runs of jars every day or every other day and easily you have 50-100 jars in no time.

Good luck.

Hope to see the future results

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation