Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRat-a-Tat
Psychedelic Student
Male User Gallery

Psychedelics Out of Fashion Culturally?
    #24773181 - 11/10/17 08:56 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I have been looking through a lot of posts in the psychedelic portion of this website and it seems like mescaline has received a lot less attention and questions lately compared to a few years ago.  Do you think that psychedelic substances go in and out of fashion on their own or do you think there is some kind of cultural consciousness that determines how popular they are? 

For example - LSD was all the rage in the 60s and while it remains a staple in the psychedelic community - it doesn't seem to have the WIDESPREAD use that it did in that generation.  Am I off-base?  What do you think dictates the popularity of different psychoactive substances in the culture?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTripsahoy420
Panentheist
Male

Loc: Trapped between one moment and...
Re: Psychedelics Out of Fashion Culturally? [Re: Rat-a-Tat]
    #24773190 - 11/10/17 09:00 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

In my opinion, it all comes down to availability. Since mushrooms are so easy to grow, more people are using them. Acid (for me anyway) has been a non-stop ride of disappointment caused by people selling RC's as lsd. Cacti, while not too hard to come by these days, takes commitment, as they take time to grow. Of course, with the darknet, just about anything is available to those that want to go that route...I myself am plagued by paranoia, so haven't taken that leap :lol:

--------------------

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Loc: FSM's loving noodles.
Re: Psychedelics Out of Fashion Culturally? [Re: Rat-a-Tat] * 1
    #24773207 - 11/10/17 09:09 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

you are offbase.. lsd is huge right now.. especially microdosing for work.. there have been articles in newsweek recently and other places...

A quick google search brought up 2 articles in the first 2 months of this year alone.

I think that the internet has made it alot easier to get also which is nice:) As for the 60's generation.. i think it's alot more hyped up now than it actually was. There is no way 80% of the people alive were doing it when you still had non hippies and other people still making sure the country kept going while they tried to ruin it.. I know plenty of people in my personal life that do it.. i microdose and trip myself.. but i work 70 hours a week and no one would has a clue..

P.S. this was in no way meant to be shitty, internet is hard to tell intent in text...

I do find it nice that there are actual studies going on and such now and the stigma might be lifted a tiny bit... using it has made a giant difference in my life... It's still only a matter of time until i kill myself.. but some days seem to be ok for once:)

--------------------

Edited by icetech (11/10/17 09:13 AM)

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

#24773214 - 11/10/17 09:14 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

And actually.. i don't know if any mods can access this nfo.. But this  forum has been around for at least 15 years maybe more... does anyone have any info on active posts say 10 years ago compared to today? cause although i'm new this place seems pretty damn active.

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Psychedelics Out of Fashion Culturally? [Re: icetech]
    #24773426 - 11/10/17 10:59 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

The site has variations but the interest has been really steady as long as I've been posting here.  :shrug:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineGlenWillson
Stranger

#24773494 - 11/10/17 11:32 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think its out of fashion. They are coming back.

InvisibleKenInVic
Hey Bulldog
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun Flag
Re: Psychedelics Out of Fashion Culturally? [Re: GlenWillson] * 1
    #24773656 - 11/10/17 12:33 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

A lot of us drop outs from the glory days of LSD found we had to drop back in if we wanted to take care of some of the simpler things, like food, shelter and clothing.  It puts a damper on the spirit to some extent.  It's called adulting.

--------------------
***My SGFC***  ***ID Mushrooms Here***
Pondering the question, "Are we all here, because we're not all there?"

"Because something is happening here, but you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones."  Ballad of a Thin Man by Mrs. Zimmerman's little boy, Bobby.

OfflineRat-a-Tat
Psychedelic Student
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics Out of Fashion Culturally? [Re: KenInVic]
    #24773781 - 11/10/17 01:19 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Man tell me about it - I have a wife and responsibilities now - adulting hardcore, but I have never been happier.  The greatest thing is that my partner supports my exploration with psychedelics and has even expressed an interest in drinking cactus with me.

If you look at psychedelic consumption - what percentage do you think are taken by men?  It's got to be pretty high...  My guess would be 80%.  I wonder why men have a higher propensity for psychedelic experimentation?

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics Out of Fashion Culturally? [Re: Rat-a-Tat] * 4
    #24774201 - 11/10/17 05:09 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Cause women make us fucking nuts and we need escape...

--------------------

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#24775314 - 11/11/17 07:56 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

icetech said:

Hahaha. 

My answer would be that women in general shy away from new experiences after childhood.  Think about it.  As men we have to go out into the world everyday and face some new obstacle. Not all men but most.  More men work jobs where some shit they never had to deal with can happen tomorrow.  We grow up pushing limits getting in more physical situations and confrontations than women do we are just by nature more inclined and willing to explore and push boundaries while the women wait on the sidelines for us to come back tell them our battle stories and i think most by nature are more accustomed to gaining insight from objective observation than subjective experimentation. “  Let the man do it if he fucks himself up I’ll find a new one”

OfflineNothing Matters
Shaman

Re: Psychedelics Out of Fashion Culturally? [Re: NOUS333]
    #24776602 - 11/11/17 07:23 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

In my experience, everyone just wants to smoke weed. And maybe drink. People are afraid.

--------------------
It is not about giving love

It is not about being loved

It is about feeling loved

Offlineicetech
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics Out of Fashion Culturally? [Re: Nothing Matters]
    #24777354 - 11/12/17 08:32 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I have never had a drink in my life.. i hate even being around people that are drinking to get drunk.. just ends in shit everytime (i live in fucking redneck shitty michigan though, other places maybe drunks are lovely people)

Weed i loved.. but lsd wow... no more weed even now:)

--------------------

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#24777423 - 11/12/17 09:00 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

icetech said:
I have never had a drink in my life.. i hate even being around people that are drinking to get drunk.. just ends in shit everytime (i live in fucking redneck shitty michigan though, other places maybe drunks are lovely people)

Weed i loved.. but lsd wow... no more weed even now:)

Where abouts? Northern ???????

Offlinewaxbrain
That Fun Guy
I'm a teapot

#24777491 - 11/12/17 09:51 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Go to any festival and you'll see many a like yourself lol.

Music festivals are like different worlds. All of the "psychedelic culture" gathers together. Granted I do not participate with the whole tripping to party at a show, its definitely in the air if you know what I mean.

Otherwise when we come home, everyone looks so normal and unaware of whats out there - and they look at us like dirty hippies that were at a festival for a month :laugh2:

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: Psychedelics Out of Fashion Culturally? [Re: waxbrain]
    #24777498 - 11/12/17 09:54 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

waxbrain said:
Go to any festival and you'll see many a like yourself lol.

Music festivals are like different worlds. All of the "psychedelic culture" gathers together. Granted I do not participate with the whole tripping to party at a show, its definitely in the air if you know what I mean.

Otherwise when we come home, everyone looks so normal and unaware of whats out there - and they look at us like dirty hippies that were at a festival for a month :laugh2:

I don’t understand how this relates to anything I said. Sure you meant to reply to me?

Offlinederanged
freek
Male User Gallery

#24777522 - 11/12/17 10:08 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I assume he didn't mean to reply to your post directly but just used the reply function carelessly.

@Topic:
For sure you could say that psychedelics are out of fashion culturally compared to when their use was legal and a wide-spread movement in the western world. But there is definitely still interest in these substances and it seems to be growing as more research is done and more information is gathered on what they do and how they work. In my opinion we will see a rise of the use of psychedelics as the stigma around them is being deconstructed. I try to be part of this deconstruction as I talk to non-users about my use and explain to them what's happening to me. And I try to educate other users that might not have looked into the topic as much as I did.

--------------------
Stretch these skies apart and burst through

Psychedelics and vegetarianism/veganism - Did psychedelics affect your diet? (poll)
Importance of good physical shape when tripping - please read this if you consider tripping while being ill

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Psychedelics Out of Fashion Culturally? [Re: deranged]
    #24777668 - 11/12/17 11:39 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, all that.  And I AM replying to deranged.  :laugh2:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinederanged
freek
Male User Gallery

#24777814 - 11/12/17 01:05 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Replying to myself to add:

1) I myself and many others, as I have observed, use the reply function carelessly. Usually you get from the context or the quotes to whom the answer is given.

2) The feedback I get from non-drug-using people is very positive. I come across as a trustworthy person and people now that I'm knowledgeable (at least a little. Admittedly, I'm not a researcher or pharmacologist but that's off-topic anyway) and are curious about my experiences. And psychedelics, which are also the drugs I enjoy most, are the most sought after by far. The non-users I talk to don't really give a shit about drugs in general but when it comes to psychedelics, there's a lot of curious and open-minded people.

I never ask people to take drugs (with our without me) but if they ask questions about them I answer them as accurate as I can while being as honest as I can and as understandable as I can. The latter might be the most difficult part, though, especially in regards of the psychedelic experience.

--------------------
Stretch these skies apart and burst through

Psychedelics and vegetarianism/veganism - Did psychedelics affect your diet? (poll)
Importance of good physical shape when tripping - please read this if you consider tripping while being ill

OfflineRat-a-Tat
Psychedelic Student
Male User Gallery

#24779655 - 11/13/17 09:31 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

deranged said:
I assume he didn't mean to reply to your post directly but just used the reply function carelessly.

@Topic:
For sure you could say that psychedelics are out of fashion culturally compared to when their use was legal and a wide-spread movement in the western world. But there is definitely still interest in these substances and it seems to be growing as more research is done and more information is gathered on what they do and how they work. In my opinion we will see a rise of the use of psychedelics as the stigma around them is being deconstructed. I try to be part of this deconstruction as I talk to non-users about my use and explain to them what's happening to me. And I try to educate other users that might not have looked into the topic as much as I did.

Here here!

OfflineRat-a-Tat
Psychedelic Student
Male User Gallery

#24779665 - 11/13/17 09:34 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

icetech said:

Have you all had quite a few female romantic partners or friends willing to experiment with psychedelics?  For the most part my wife is the first partner I've had that's willing to experiment.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract