Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
buggs
    #2476581 - 03/26/04 11:10 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

those little fly things that get into the grow area i assume they're attrated to the shit, anyway i got them recently in one of my rubbermaids. do they cause any problems like more chance of contam? i don't mind them they're confined to one area not all over the house or anything and they're just flys but if they're gonna promote contam i wanna get rid of them, do they eat the shrooms also? i picked some earlier and one flew out of the gills, didn't do any noticable damage, i don't care if they do anyway just like shrooms from the field except not beetles, i pick them early enough they don't have chance to do major damage anyway. so yeah only question is will they introduce contam more likely than if they weren't around? thanks :stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomInhaler
No, I don'tsmoke them! :P

Re: buggs [Re: John]
    #2476718 - 03/26/04 11:49 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

Do these flies look anything like this?
http://www.shroomery.org/images/23418/funguset.jpg

If so, you may have a problem:

Fungus gnats (Sciarids) (Lycoriella spp.) and phorids (Megaselia spp.)

Adults are small (1/8 inch long), fragile grayish to black flies with long, slender legs and thread-like antennae. Their wings are clear or smoky-colored with no pattern and few distinct veins. Larvae are clear to creamy-white and can grow to about 1/4 inch long. They have shiny black head capsules.
They are attracted to the mushroom crop and their larvae feed directly on mycelium, swarm over the mushroom, and tunnel into the developing or developed mushroom. Tissues that have been physically damaged by flies often become colonized by bacteria which cause soft rot, thereby accentuating the problem. Controls include strict sanitation and general farm hygiene. For example, the grow room must be air tight. Fresh air that is used is filtered. Even a small crack will serve as an entry for the flies. Most farms use sticky tape or some other method that allows monitoring of populations. A biocontrol using nematodes offers effective control when populations of flies are low. In addition to the damage which fly larvae cause by eating mushroom mycelium or killing pins, the adults also carry diseases such as Verticillium, Mycogone and Cobweb.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: buggs [Re: ShroomInhaler]
    #2476881 - 03/26/04 12:27 PM (20 years, 25 days ago)

no luckly they aren't that ugly, they look like fleas but fly, no long legs like those things, thanks though, i'm guessing this-

Quote:

the adults also carry diseases such as Verticillium, Mycogone and Cobweb

would probably be true for the bugs i have as well, so time to get the vacuumm and start suckin them up :smile:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag