Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18
Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

Re: Jordan Peterson - best modern philosopher! [Re: akira_akuma] * 4
    #25013719 - 02/22/18 04:07 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Akira, you're 100% correct and in a very detailed manner as you distinguish Post-modernism from Post-Modernity as you carefully dissect Peterson's position. He's a cliff notes/beginner's guide type to a vast body of ideology/philosophy. He's the Neil Degrasse Tyson of philosophy. There is a vast and deep body of study beyond his videos/material especially as it relates to metaphysics and deeper considerations of our universe. The problem with the typical viewer of his material is that they don't maintain this depth/breadth of the subject matter, immerse themselves in his mental stream, and then feel that they :
  • Have an understanding on par w/ him [You don't.. and he even admits he's just stumbling through it at times...]
  • Feel that they are suddenly Nobel Laurette Philosophers who understand everything their is to know about the world.
  • Feel as though there is no vast and complex body of understanding beyond what Peterson exposes them too [There is.. its huge and if Peterson blows your socks off, you're no where near it]
  • Feel if they just follow his formulae that everything will come together
  • Incessantly talk about the guy as if he is the only voice on the subject matter
  • fail to do any follow up research/study of their own and form their own opinion. [this is the worst part and what often results in a cult brainlet]

Thus, anytime a convo comes up its like : Peterson said this and that. He's right. You're wrong. He's an authority. You're not. Peterson's views are this. And you want to say to them : Dude, what's your views and why? I don't want to talk about Peterson, lets talk about a subject and pursue it further for both our edification. And nothing of value occurs past this point. The conversation dies exposing the cult like vicarious regurgitating echo chamber that surrounds him as a figure.

People get a taste of the light and they're in awe. This highlights that they're at stage 1. But they feel, due to having watched his material that they're at stage 1,000. It takes time and effort to internalize and embody these concepts. You don't just watch a Peterson video, nod your head in agreement, have epiphanies, and suddenly become a Nobel Laureate philosopher. Philosophers produce NEW thinking. They ask new questions. Peterson is saying what any reasoned well awake person has been saying for over a decade and whose warned against the very state were in. In some cases, he's dead wrong. In others he over complicates things because he doesn't want to flat out call certain people greedy/dumb/selfish sons of bitches only looking out for themselves and their collective behavior simply a manifestation/emergence of that fact.

I recall my friend began beating down my door telling me about Peterson some years ago. I'm like who.. I watch the guys videos and its the same shit I'd been telling him 5-8 years previous even as he ignored me, called me a doomsdayer, and marginalized me. This is the average 'omg Peterson follower'. Now that everything has been confirmed and there is no risk, now that there is social value... the pseudo-intellect latches on to the most prominent voice that confirms the results of all the warnings/reasoning they ignored. They then go back to non-prominent individuals and attempt to use him as a tool to beat them over the head.. : "But Peterson said this and that... But he's rich from saying what he says and you're not.. But everyone knows him and you're a nobody...I know dude but I'm sucking off Peterson not you"... Peterson hasn't defined any new ground breaking philosophy that hasn't been exposed by earlier philosophers. As such he is not some kind of Best modern Philosopher. He's a well traveled/informed individual like many who can provide those who are 1000s of steps behind a 'cliff notes' version of where the world is at [from their perspective] and why. Literally the 'Cosmos' series for Philosophy... People fall in love with him and worship him because they likely haven't spent any amount of their lives developing their own world view. His looks sound so they bootstrap off of him and look over at others like : So yeah, I got the Peterson foundation now.. I'm on par w/ you.

Akira, I get you.. People like yourself are constantly seeking information from varied sources and perspectives and growing in your understanding so as to forge tools/processes for getting to the next level/uncovering the things that the world hasn't uncovered/discovered. Peterson is hilariously similar. He even tells people :
Hey, i'm just giving you a dump of a my personal voyage..

You hold pioneers in high regard as you're a pioneer. Meanwhile, you have someone yanking on your coat tails telling you about what Peterson said this week even though you used to discuss the same thing 10 years ago while that same person ignored you. I have a lot of respect for Peterson and he's doing great work in catching people up to speed. However, he isn't a pioneer. He in fact highlights pioneers who guide him and provide him w/ the basis of his views. He tells his rabid audience this time and time again but they want to stick close to his cliff notes.

You're a traveler/voyager Akira who forges anew. Others have different priorities/goals in life thus enjoy digest/dumps from a road already traveled. Peterson by and large provides this and gives disclaimers that this is the extent to what he provides because he is meanwhile still finding his way through. People don't hear this and laud him as one of the best modern philosophers.

This kind of stuff used to get to me and I tried to get through to such people. I've since given up and recognized that some people just aren't the way I am, don't see the world the way I do and that's okay. Some people have different priorities. Some people need prominent guides/voices/beacons .. Some are comfortable all their life wondering out into the deep abyss [as Peterson references : Scary stuff]. I've really minimized my footprint and exposure to the earlier mentioned types. They have a way of working underneath my skin, belittling me, and providing nothing of value beyond detracting me from my journeys. They have their prominent idols and it seems to work for them. I am my own beacon, navigator, and go my own way. If I hear of a pioneer of interest or subject matter, I wet my beak with what they have unearthed and I am quickly on my own path.

The hilarious thing about this all is that Peterson was treated like shit by everyone around him for some time just like many other pioneers. Of course, once its confirmed that his well reasoned establishments were correct, everyone wants to ride his dick... Now that all the damage is done and you can't do shit about it.
OH YEAH BRO.. I'm TOTALLY DOWN WITH PETERSON'S VIEWPOINTS. HE'S GOAT. BEST MODERN PHILOSOPHER The guy tells man children to clean their room and its a revelation for them... Mind blowing Philosophy. This is how far we've fallen in 'modern' times.

O'well, back to the abyss.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Jordan Peterson - best modern philosopher! [Re: r00tcmplx] * 2
    #25013886 - 02/22/18 05:03 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Peterson hasn't defined any new ground breaking philosophy that hasn't been exposed by earlier philosophers...As such he is not some kind of Best modern Philosopher. He's a well traveled/informed individual

that's my biggest beef right there. people a: claim he is this great philosopher, and there they make the biggest mistake of them all and the same mistake the left makes when they claim their mystical SJW and gender Gurus, they claim that Peterson's PSYCHOLOGY DEGREE (ect), his doctorate/PhD, MAKES HIM one of those grand philosophers, whom they contrast and compare...and he will admit he's nowhere near the sort of thing- but then he feeds his audience's sorta narcissism (now i'm not saying EVERYONE) and confirmation that, indeed, HE IS unlike those modern day "guru sociologists" AND YET a great modern philosopher...he's not...he's a psychologist...that's his course work...psychology.

the old is something that is meant to be a beacon, not the destination.

[vid related]

Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

Re: Jordan Peterson - best modern philosopher! [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #25014285 - 02/22/18 07:21 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
Quote:

Peterson hasn't defined any new ground breaking philosophy that hasn't been exposed by earlier philosophers...As such he is not some kind of Best modern Philosopher. He's a well traveled/informed individual

that's my biggest beef right there. people a: claim he is this great philosopher, and there they make the biggest mistake of them all and the same mistake the left makes when they claim their mystical SJW and gender Gurus, they claim that Peterson's PSYCHOLOGY DEGREE (ect), his doctorate/PhD, MAKES HIM one of those grand philosophers, whom they contrast and compare...and he will admit he's nowhere near the sort of thing- but then he feeds his audience's sorta narcissism (now i'm not saying EVERYONE) and confirmation that, indeed, HE IS unlike those modern day "guru sociologists" AND YET a great modern philosopher...he's not...he's a psychologist...that's his course work...psychology.

[vid related]

Quote:

Stop w/ these crystal clear lines and good taste in memetic music ...
Ho homo but you're making me wet
:nicesmile:

Minds like yours wont have to suffer for much longer. Things are about to get spicy.
:chalkup:

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Jordan Peterson - best modern philosopher! [Re: r00tcmplx] * 1
    #25014383 - 02/22/18 07:52 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by akira_akuma (02/22/18 08:01 PM)

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Jordan Peterson - best modern philosopher! [Re: akira_akuma]
    #25014426 - 02/22/18 08:08 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

see, i can do the Peterson thing too, only i don't have to resort to the past. i can use the present.

NYAN :nyan:

PS: that song is brilliant. all of Peterson's summations can be found therein; although, without being explicated on, "unpacked", of course. (and yes, i'm high, but you don't need to be high to Richard-D-James-unpack.)

PPS: that was a hella good post, though, Root.

Edited by akira_akuma (02/22/18 08:21 PM)

Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

Re: Jordan Peterson - best modern philosopher! [Re: akira_akuma]
    #25014598 - 02/22/18 09:15 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Jordan Peterson - best modern philosopher! [Re: r00tcmplx]
    #25014652 - 02/22/18 09:38 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

damn skippy, starstuff.

OfflineBroken1
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Jordan Peterson - best modern philosopher! [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #25015081 - 02/23/18 02:33 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Agreed he is not a pioneer in the true sense. But he is engaging and interesting to listen to, emotive but uses facts/examples and science to back his points.

Yeh his points are take responsibility, don't be a victim, tidy your room, tell the truth. Basic stuff. But there are clearly many people who need to hear that message and he does it without sounding like a condescending arse hole. You want to listen to it because it's true. And important.

But I guess your point is 'the finger that points to the moon is not the moon'. So after a while move forward with it, read the books he references and summarises (which I will be). And from them take your own message not just what JP told you they mean. The bible is a good example. He takes what he wants from the metaphor but there are hundreds of ways to interpret these ancient words within them

Offlinethealienthatategod
retrovertigo
Female

Re: Jordan Peterson - best modern philosopher! [Re: r00tcmplx] * 1
    #25015618 - 02/23/18 10:13 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

r00tcmplx said:

Minds like yours wont have to suffer for much longer. Things are about to get spicy.

uh, oh, utoh, what happens to those of us that have swiss cheese for brains and can't even follow a simple discussion like this?  not for lack of trying!

Offliner00tcmplx
Stranger

Re: Jordan Peterson - best modern philosopher! [Re: thealienthatategod]
    #25015758 - 02/23/18 11:14 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thealienthatategod said:
Quote:

r00tcmplx said:

uh, oh, utoh, what happens to those of us that have swiss cheese for brains and can't even follow a simple discussion like this?  not for lack of trying!

The disruption wont be centered on you. The disruption centers on the pseudo-intellect and the institutions/edifices they have structured around false representations of 'intelligence'. You'll be fine and will likely welcome the breath of fresh air brought along by a truer form. Overall, it will be a positive for humanity and will progress you forward. Your mind will be pushed to its next stage in evolution.

Offlinethealienthatategod
retrovertigo
Female

Re: Jordan Peterson - best modern philosopher! [Re: r00tcmplx]
    #25015878 - 02/23/18 12:08 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

what is a 'truer form'?

and why is it truer? 

is it just more truthful?

truthful how?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag