Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Seen a wolf dog yesterday.
    #24760802 - 11/05/17 06:23 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Was in the backyard with my dog.  Looked down in the woods and seen a  dog that looked like a wolf.  I didn't look long cause we ran into the house.  Didn't want my dog and it to get into it.  The dog was long wired haired with a lot of grey and maybe some Merle.

I knew a wolf dog, some 90% wolf years ago, named Dakota.  They are pretty animals.  This dog yesterday seemed cool but I'm not exactly sure what the breed is.  There are also coyote dog mixes around, and said to be aggressive.  Again I didn't look very long but it seemed like a wolf dog.  It was moving along like a wolf.

A few minutes after I had seen it.  I was inside looking out the back door's window.  Witnessed a white tail deer running the other way the dog went.

It's kinda rare to see much other than deer around.  Seen a fox once and only once in these parts.  Not much wilderness around here anymore, but a few places a creature could hide.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24760815 - 11/05/17 06:31 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Thought I seen a wolf in the city once, was weird

Watch your babies

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: Repertoire89] * 4
    #24760816 - 11/05/17 06:32 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

The appearance of the wolf dog always follows the coming of the sun dog.

Offlinesir_spins_alot
Feels like a stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
    #24760817 - 11/05/17 06:33 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I live in the sticks.  My friend used to have a timber Wolf dog hybrid it was really cool not real mean but had to be put outside cause it pissed all through the house.

The coyotes here are everywhere at night they sound scary as shit when you're all alone walking through a dark woods but not one bit aggressive they run like a mother fucker when they see you.  And most of the time you only see them is when their dead on the road.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #24760841 - 11/05/17 06:53 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I had some coyotes try and snag my brother’s dog one night out in the wood’s at the front of the property one night when we lived out in the sticks.  They slipped right in there and then ran off when we raised some hell and were gone before the 10ga got there.

You would hear them pretty often at night about 3/4 of a mile nw just going off howling and going nuts and would show up in random places on trail cams slipping through.  Hella nuts what creeps on through when it’s quiet at night and nobody’s around.

Never saw a wolf tho.  Wolf hybrids are dope as fuck.  Watch your dog yo..

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Offlinesir_spins_alot
Feels like a stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: Amanita86]
    #24760878 - 11/05/17 07:19 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

No doubt small 30lb dogs they will deff go after.  My shepherd tore into a couple at our house he had a couple Knicks but the coyotes were never again to be seen. Lol. Any dog over 100 lbs can handle a couple of em its when there's 30 that you run into trouble.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: sir_spins_alot]
    #24761142 - 11/05/17 10:05 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Bro you shouldn't run from an animal. Especially a canine. It triggers their instinct to chase and they can definitely out run you.

Might have been a stray husky or malamute and not a hybrid tho.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 2
    #24761154 - 11/05/17 10:07 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I grew up killing dogs so a wolf doesn't scare me.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Invisibleforagedfungus
 User Gallery

Loc: out there
Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24761174 - 11/05/17 10:14 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Probably a coywolf?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coywolf
"Genomic studies indicate that nearly all North American gray wolf populations possess some degree of admixture with coyotes"

"samples taken from 425 eastern coyotes to determine the degree of wolf and dog introgressions involved in each geographic range. The domestic dog allele averages 10% of the eastern coyote's genepool, while 26% is contributed by a cluster of both eastern wolves and western gray wolves. The remaining 64% matched mostly with coyotes. This analysis suggested that prior to the uniformity of its modern-day genetic makeup, multiple swarms of genetic exchanges between the coyotes, feral dogs, and the two distinct wolf populations present in the Great Lakes region may have occurred, and urban environments often favor coyote genes, while the ones in the rural and deep forest areas maintain higher levels of wolf content. A 2016 meta-analysis of 25 genetics studies from 1995–2013 found that the northeastern coywolf is 60% western coyote, 30% eastern wolf, and 10% domestic dog."

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: foragedfungus]
    #24761185 - 11/05/17 10:16 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Could be. Most of the states no longer have wolves. And much of the coyote population has hybridized with other canines. Mostly dogs.

If OP lives where I think he does though I'd be very surprised if it wasn't just a big grey dog.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflinePartoftheSource
NAUT GUILTY
 User Gallery

Loc: MIDWEST
    #24761321 - 11/05/17 11:10 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

A wolf dog?  Are you sure it wasn't a coyote?

--------------------
Shroomery Stickers!

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

#24761338 - 11/05/17 11:17 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

You wouldn’t see a wolf, for sure. Wolf dog maybe. I’ve met a few of them myself, huge fucking things they are. Hard to mistake, I’d think, if you’ve seen them before. Though some breeds can take you by surprise, especially from a distance.

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: larry.fisherman] * 6
    #24761343 - 11/05/17 11:19 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Wolves are rare because they aren't very smart and get pushed out of the job market for the most part.

--------------------

OfflinePartoftheSource
NAUT GUILTY
 User Gallery

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: sunshine]
    #24761380 - 11/05/17 11:36 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:trololol:

--------------------
Shroomery Stickers!

Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

#24761394 - 11/05/17 11:51 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

it might have been a Chupacabra.  They come out right about this time of the year

--------------------
:awedance:

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: crackbaby]
    #24761402 - 11/05/17 11:58 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I once gave a wolf a castrating blow!

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: sunshine]
    #24761645 - 11/05/17 01:16 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:awesketch:

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24761793 - 11/05/17 02:28 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

There are no wolves in Ohio.  But, people release wolf dog hybrids that are mostly wolf.  Hell, I've been to someone's property that had a mountain lion in a big outdoor cage. 

I used to want a wolf dog.  But I live in the city and they would consider a wolf dog a dangerous dog.  Imloke having a dog that behaves well and is social.  Even though my dog can be a dick cause he was bit by 3 other dogs.  So now he goes nut's when he see's dogs he doesn't know.

Whatever the dog was it looked mostly wolf.  Not saying due to it's head but the way it carried itself very quietly and the hair.  Never seen a grey huskie before.  Who knows what breed they bred with the wolf and backcrossed with.  To get to high 90%s must take a good bit of litters, increasing wolf as they breed.

--------------------

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #24762319 - 11/05/17 06:18 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Eastern Coyotes are huge and have been spotted in pretty populated areas - I see them at my folks cabin in the mountains literally right infront of our porch, but only in the last year. They're pretty big, and really pretty..I only ever see solitary animals so I guess the ones I've seen are mostly hunting small prey. They look like this :

The area is within a huge nature preserve, the deer population is ridiculous and not shy -  hunting is huge in the surrounding area, and on this particular mountain you literally stumble across a group of does and fawns every 50-100 feet if you're driving around dusk, luckily they don't really dash and folks around here drive slowly because they know. We don't really have next door neighbors, but I know folks around here who literally set out troughs, and they graze in our meadow at dusk and it's beautiful.....BUT I've started getting kind of worried - overpopulation is never good and though I don't have the stones to shoot something, I recognize how important responsible hunting is now more than ever - something has to eventually fill that hole? Whether the coyotes start hunting more like wolves and taking down small deer, or whether they get hit with an inevitable disease. The black bears are the only other big predator but they're omnivorous and aren't taking down deer anytime soon.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #24762509 - 11/05/17 08:12 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

never seen an actual wolf dog but I have encountered a

:penguindog:

shit was ferocious and growling, super aggressive and I was scared but thing is these things are really slow, they can only waddle after you at an average of 0.01 MPH

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #24762529 - 11/05/17 08:25 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:hahawtf:

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #24762870 - 11/06/17 12:53 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

My girlfriend had a wolf-dog once. She met this woman who bred wolfs with dogs.

Her's was red and looked more like a fox. She said it was the most loyal she had.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

Loc: SoundCloud Flag
Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #24762887 - 11/06/17 01:02 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I used to have a wolf hybrid. He was a violent, territorial motherfucker. Always tried to be the dominant one. They do not make good pets, that's for sure. I don't know what my dad was thinking. Probably watched dances with wolves too many times.

--------------------

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

OfflineFreeTheSoul
The wonderer.
Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: TempestDnB]
    #24762898 - 11/06/17 01:13 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TempestDnB said:
I used to have a wolf hybrid. He was a violent, territorial motherfucker. Always tried to be the dominant one. They do not make good pets, that's for sure. I don't know what my dad was thinking. Probably watched dances with wolves too many times.

They make the most loyal dogs you could ever have, the key to the situation is training them right. Also teaching them how to treat guests that aren't part of the pact, guess thats part of training, they definitely aren't normal dogs.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: FreeTheSoul]
    #24762938 - 11/06/17 01:55 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

are talking about a feral dog that is part wolf or an actual wolf? I know some people have dogs that are part wolf.  We got coyotes here.  Never actually seen one, but i know theyre around cause you can hear them howling in the woods at night and its not uncommon for people to see them, i just havent really seen one yet.  I did see a cougar thou.  The same one that was being sighted in parks a few years back

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

#24763155 - 11/06/17 07:00 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FreeTheSoul said:
Quote:

TempestDnB said:

They make the most loyal dogs you could ever have, the key to the situation is training them right. Also teaching them how to treat guests that aren't part of the pact, guess thats part of training, they definitely aren't normal dogs.

No that’s not true at all. Perhaps that’s your experience but it would be an oddity none the less. Ever met a barn cat? Now, ever met a kitten from a barn cat? They are feral. Their kittens are feral. Domesticate, if you want, but most of those little bastards will always be bastards. It’s the same concept. Wolf dogs can be OK but there is a reason we domesticated wolves rather than saying, “Fuck it, good enough.”

OfflineFreeTheSoul
The wonderer.
Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #24763280 - 11/06/17 08:19 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

XLCaps said:
Quote:

FreeTheSoul said:
Quote:

TempestDnB said:

No that’s not true at all. Perhaps that’s your experience but it would be an oddity none the less. Ever met a barn cat? Now, ever met a kitten from a barn cat? They are feral. Their kittens are feral. Domesticate, if you want, but most of those little bastards will always be bastards. It’s the same concept. Wolf dogs can be OK but there is a reason we domesticated wolves rather than saying, “Fuck it, good enough.”

Im not talking wolfs, im talking wolf dogs, and yes ive met many feral cats/ barn cats/ kittens whatever the fuck you want to say. Animals must not like you. :taco::cheers:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: pirate-blues]
    #24763322 - 11/06/17 08:39 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pirate-blues said:
Eastern Coyotes are huge and have been spotted in pretty populated areas - I see them at my folks cabin in the mountains literally right infront of our porch, but only in the last year. They're pretty big, and really pretty..I only ever see solitary animals so I guess the ones I've seen are mostly hunting small prey. They look like this :

The area is within a huge nature preserve, the deer population is ridiculous and not shy -  hunting is huge in the surrounding area, and on this particular mountain you literally stumble across a group of does and fawns every 50-100 feet if you're driving around dusk, luckily they don't really dash and folks around here drive slowly because they know. We don't really have next door neighbors, but I know folks around here who literally set out troughs, and they graze in our meadow at dusk and it's beautiful.....BUT I've started getting kind of worried - overpopulation is never good and though I don't have the stones to shoot something, I recognize how important responsible hunting is now more than ever - something has to eventually fill that hole? Whether the coyotes start hunting more like wolves and taking down small deer, or whether they get hit with an inevitable disease. The black bears are the only other big predator but they're omnivorous and aren't taking down deer anytime soon.

Perhaps it was a coyote.  I didn't know they got so large.  Didn't have a lot of nerve to hang around and investigate either.  Didn't want trouble with my pooch.

--------------------

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

#24763324 - 11/06/17 08:41 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

You said it moved very wolf-dog like though, so it couldn't have been a coyote.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: 1234go]
    #24763335 - 11/06/17 08:47 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe it was a coywolf.  Coyote wolf hybrid.  Just read that these are in Ohio.

There are no pure wolves in Ohio.  Wolf dogs, coywolves and coyotes, and foxes.

Still a very rare site.  Exactly the reason why there are two very territorial great Pyrenees guarding the goats.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24763337 - 11/06/17 08:48 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't either but I wonder if that might not be a hybrid. Like I said earlier alot of eastern coyote have hybridized with dogs.

Either way I'd think that fucker was a wolf too. Or a wolf hybrid as there are crazy folk that make pets of them. We only have the small brown coyote here, I'd assume most anything else is a dog.

I'd not assume it was a wild animal.
I'd dip too though if I had my dog. Probably just warily stare at it otherwise to figure out wtf it was so long as I had something at hand to beat it with.

Dogs in yards is one thing, dogs in the open... There's no telling and it's quite unlikely the owner is going to come to rescue your ass.

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

#24763346 - 11/06/17 08:51 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FreeTheSoul said:
Quote:

XLCaps said:
Quote:

FreeTheSoul said:
Quote:

TempestDnB said:

Im not talking wolfs, im talking wolf dogs, and yes ive met many feral cats/ barn cats/ kittens whatever the fuck you want to say. Animals must not like you. :taco::cheers:

Wolf hybrids are not normal dogs bro..  training works for pit bulls etc.  Wolf hybrids are a different ballgame all together it would seem.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24763350 - 11/06/17 08:52 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I hear those coyote dog hybrids are especially dangerous.  There was an article in a local power companies publication about those.  I hear that they have little fear of people and the aggression of a coyote.

I may never know unless there is further news in the area.  Lot's of us on this street have dogs and a number of us have small dogs.  Mine is a golden doodle and he thinks he's tough but probably not up against whatever I had seen.

Even the farm dogs can be big babies, but they sound tough.  The female Pyrenees can be a bit of a bitch though when it comes to other animals and food.  The male just gets a bit funny around my dog.  I've seen both farm dogs eat baby rabbits.  I tried to move as many as I could, but they already chewed up badly one or two.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24763359 - 11/06/17 08:54 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Wolf hybrids want to be Alpha all the time.  They play and don't know their strength.  I never knew about the pet corrector when I knew a wolf dog.  But I'm guessing it could have the psychological intimidation required for a wolf dog.  That device scares the hell out of my dog.  The people I knew with the wolf thought slapping the dog or small beatings would help but it didn't.  The wolf dog never even tested me.

--------------------

OfflineKyshroomer19xx
Est 19xx soldier
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #24763367 - 11/06/17 08:57 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

There's a ton of coyote around my way I hunt and trap them. When I was a kid it was rare to see one but now they are everywhere me and my buddy went to a park and took his dog we were on a trail that went into the woods and a black coyote hooped out and was super nice was wanting to play with my buddies boxer it was the craziest thing I have ever seen lol

--------------------
RIP tom petty

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Albus  Dumbledore

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24763386 - 11/06/17 09:01 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

It is the wilder dogs that you want guarding against other predators for sure.

Can be a hassle but it's peace of mind knowing it won't back down and cower when something bad comes along.

Think that's why people try to keep hybrids with wild canines as pets. Sounds a bit too extreme when you could choose from a handful of great breeds for a variety of protective purposes.

--------------------

OfflineKyshroomer19xx
Est 19xx soldier
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #24763437 - 11/06/17 09:22 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

When I was l18 I got locked up and I was in a class D facility in the middle of the sticks and the warden lived on the grounds and he had a 50% wolf hybrid not sure what it was mixed with but it was fucking huge and the warden got indicted for embezzling and they had to shoot the dog cause it was so aggressive. They kept it in the back yard but the dog supposedly busted through the back door when the FBI was searching the house

--------------------
RIP tom petty

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Albus  Dumbledore

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: Kyshroomer19xx]
    #24763596 - 11/06/17 10:38 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Kyshroomer19xx said:
When I was l18 I got locked up and I was in a class D facility in the middle of the sticks and the warden lived on the grounds and he had a 50% wolf hybrid not sure what it was mixed with but it was fucking huge and the warden got indicted for embezzling and they had to shoot the dog cause it was so aggressive. They kept it in the back yard but the dog supposedly busted through the back door when the FBI was searching the house

WOW!

--------------------

Invisibleforagedfungus
 User Gallery

Loc: out there
Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: Kyshroomer19xx]
    #24763611 - 11/06/17 10:44 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

There were so many coyotes/coywolves in the woods when I lived in upstate NY. We'd hear them yapping and howling almost every night.
My scariest moment looking for mushrooms happened when I woke up a den of sleeping pups. It was nearing dusk, I was sloshing around the swamp looking for fungi. Their den was probably 10-15 feet away. They started to yip. Then I hear a howl from the opposite direction. I was between the mother and her pups.
I've never felt a chill like that before.
But I just kept going and started to make as much noise as I could. Figured if I made it clear that I was way bigger than them they wouldn't mess with me.

"different than their scrawning western counterparts. Some researchers are saying that's because the Northeastern coyote, or "coywolves" as some are calling them, are the product of successful interbreeding between coyotes, wolves and domestic dogs during the past 100 years or more.
These researchers are suggesting what's out there now is a new species of animal"

https://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21677188-it-rare-new-animal-species-emerge-front-scientists-eyes

They're such a problem, they have an annual coyote hunting contest!
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/outdoors/2017/02/upstate_ny_coyote_hunting_contest_results_in_85_taken_--_a_new_record.html

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24763645 - 11/06/17 11:03 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Morel Guy said:
Quote:

Kyshroomer19xx said:

WOW!

I've seen pitbulls nearly half their size chew through chainlink fences and break through inch thick hardwood doors so that doesn't surprise me at all.

But again how much more power do you need? pits, rots, and shepards can kill most anything likely to fuck with you. And 2 or 3 of them can keep a bear at bay, quite possibly kill it.

Tis like those dickheads that buy supercharged sports cars that cost more than all the cars you'll own in your entire life but never ever push it up to or over 100mph.
And then die in an obliterating accident the moment they do.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24764447 - 11/06/17 04:50 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Russian bear hunting dog

These don't mess around.  Breed to take out bears in Russia.  Russia also genetically engineered wolves for their military dogs.  These wolves hunt in packs for days, before returning.  Pretty much a scout snipers nightmare.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24764945 - 11/06/17 08:17 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

You know I was watching game of thrones recently and one of the characters likes to use his hounds to butcher people. And it occurred to me that we've done a very similar thing since Roman times with war dogs. All the way through WWII. And they're still used in select forces.

Generally they aren't trained to slaughter people anymore but I'd say that's probably one of the more horrific ways to go. Infantry dogs were trained to go for the face and throat. And weighed enough to easily knock a man over. And for most of their time used all you'd have to defend yourself is a sword or bow. Even if you managed to survive such an attack you'd probably live the rest of your life as a deformed and crippled begger in most of history.

Though at least a dog will probably kill you before eating you. Same can't be said for many other animals.

--------------------

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

#24765058 - 11/06/17 09:22 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

1234go said:

Nah, the eastern coyote/coywolf is pretty much a mashup of the usual coyote, wolves, and dogs. The first time I saw one at my folk's my dad initially thought it was someone's "german shepherd"(as he put it, even though they look pretty different - it was a similar size). He called me over and was like 'wtf am I looking at??'

Apparently they've been spotted quite a bit in areas of Pittsburgh - wouldn't surprise me if some even found their way into Philly via Fairmount park. Definitely not rare at all here, but I've only seen two recently and heard a pack howling around the stable I used to ride at freaking out all the horses 15 years ago in a pretty developed surburban area that was literally just a grassy/groomed walking and jogging trail with tennis courts and exercise equipment that had woods that were more of a...treeline. 

We've had spottings of mountain lions in PA too, the fish and game commission will deny it night and day - same with the CO fish and game people denying multiple sightings of grey wolves, but I think that they do that for the good of the animals until the population is robust enough to survive the push to hunt it.
http://www.npr.org/2012/02/10/146690053/return-of-gray-wolves-renews-debate-over-hunting

OfflinePartoftheSource
NAUT GUILTY
 User Gallery

#24765083 - 11/06/17 09:30 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I like to listen to the local coyotes howling when they get in groups.

--------------------
Shroomery Stickers!

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24765619 - 11/07/17 06:43 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Soviets used dogs to take out tanks.  They would pack on explosives into packs on the dogs and the dogs were trained to run up to the tanks.  Blew up the dogs and the tanks.

Hell, dogs have been in space.  They don't usually come back though I think.

Soviets were hard on pups.

--------------------

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

#24766412 - 11/07/17 12:45 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Is it a myth that spetsnaz people training have to raise a dog and shoot it in the head at the end if their training?

--------------------

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

#24766426 - 11/07/17 12:52 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I can't ignore this any longer. You did not "seen" a wolf dog, you *saw a wolf dog. :facepalm:

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

#24766433 - 11/07/17 12:55 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I've heard mountain lions haven't been seen in PA for at least a century. I'd like to believe they're hiding out though, far away from man.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24766561 - 11/07/17 01:43 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Always possible. They're supposed to be extinct here too but I've heard what must be their cries in the Appalachian mountains.

Eerie shit, even if they're "supposed" to be there.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24766626 - 11/07/17 02:18 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

1234go said:
I can't ignore this any longer. You did not "seen" a wolf dog, you *saw a wolf dog. :facepalm:

Hack saw?

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24766629 - 11/07/17 02:19 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TempestDnB said:
Is it a myth that spetsnaz people training have to raise a dog and shoot it in the head at the end if their training?

I would not be surprised at all if they do.  Militarism make an art of psychopathic behavior.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24766635 - 11/07/17 02:20 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Sawed. The past tense of saw.

Didn't any of you people go to school?

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24766638 - 11/07/17 02:22 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I get confused because people post all sorts of shit on Facebook that confuses me on what is legit English.

I saw a fucking dog.  Air humping dog.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24766658 - 11/07/17 02:31 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I get confused too because we don't write letters anymore.

Lawl I bet a grammar Nazi penpal is the hugest pain in the ass. You write a long heartfelt letter, put a stamp on it and send it in the mail. You get a reply letter 2 weeks later. It's the letter you wrote. With half the words scratched out and corrected in the corner.

I'd actually really like to do that :lol:

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24766669 - 11/07/17 02:35 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

When I used to get stoned on weed, my ability to recall words and know there meaning was much better.  Between psychosis and whatever else, my skills have degraded.

I was in advanced English since grade school up into high-school.  Yet didn't even get thru a college semester.

They are starting to believe that psychotic illnesses are auto immune diseases.  Something to do with the immune system pruning the brain.  This is a totally different perspective than it's purely chemical.  Brain chemistry may be the effects not the original cause.  Could also explain a lot better why psychedelics can be very positive or negative.  Guess it all depends what networks are progressing verses digressing.

--------------------

OfflineSonicTitan
 User Gallery

#24766676 - 11/07/17 02:38 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pirate-blues said:

Cyotes are really bad here too in the recent years. Wolves are a little more elusive but now i gyess cyotes abd wolves are mating in our parts which could lead to a major problem in the future for a lot of wildlife and livestock.

There have been cases here where a cyote has taken small children or attack someone walking on a trail.

They are beautiful animals tho :loveheart:

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

#24767082 - 11/07/17 05:13 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pirate-blues said:
Quote:

1234go said:

Nah, the eastern coyote/coywolf is pretty much a mashup of the usual coyote, wolves, and dogs. The first time I saw one at my folk's my dad initially thought it was someone's "german shepherd"(as he put it, even though they look pretty different - it was a similar size). He called me over and was like 'wtf am I looking at??'

Apparently they've been spotted quite a bit in areas of Pittsburgh - wouldn't surprise me if some even found their way into Philly via Fairmount park. Definitely not rare at all here, but I've only seen two recently and heard a pack howling around the stable I used to ride at freaking out all the horses 15 years ago in a pretty developed surburban area that was literally just a grassy/groomed walking and jogging trail with tennis courts and exercise equipment that had woods that were more of a...treeline. 

We've had spottings of mountain lions in PA too, the fish and game commission will deny it night and day - same with the CO fish and game people denying multiple sightings of grey wolves, but I think that they do that for the good of the animals until the population is robust enough to survive the push to hunt it.
http://www.npr.org/2012/02/10/146690053/return-of-gray-wolves-renews-debate-over-hunting

The main reason they deny their existence is because they don't want them protected.  Who wants a robust population of super predators roaming the countrysides.

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: SonicTitan]
    #24767095 - 11/07/17 05:16 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Coyotes are everywhere.  I've seen them in the middle of a large metropolitan city.

Here's a pic.  He doesn't look to healthy.

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

Edited by lowbrow (11/07/17 05:33 PM)

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: Seen a wolf dog yesterday. [Re: lowbrow]
    #24767235 - 11/07/17 06:01 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

lowbrow said:
Quote:

pirate-blues said:
Quote:

1234go said:

The main reason they deny their existence is because they don't want them protected.  Who wants a robust population of super predators roaming the countrysides.

If the fish and game commission for whatever reason decided to do the exact opposite of their job, Wouldn't it be more effective to confirm they're in the area, and add hunting regulations(which then bring in taxes and cull animals so win win if they want to intentionally eradicate a native species)?

Predators are necessary for the health of any ecosystem. Of course we want them around, overpopulation will eventually kill off a species on a long enough time line, and fuck up a lot of other things for other species along the way.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24767348 - 11/07/17 06:46 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Too many people around.  I get that people don't want problems.  Yet at the same time I tend to see that not everything can be or should be domesticated.

We are all having a huge impact on how the Earth evolves.  Like 99% if not 99.9% of the main affect.

--------------------

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

#24767890 - 11/07/17 10:33 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

For sure...I have definitely felt increasingly pessimistic about the next 100 years, to the point where when I think of the world in 50 years I get depressed and sad because things are definitely going to get worse before things get better...environmentally, politically, and economically. If they get better. We have to collectively adapt a completely new mindset as the climate changes and billions of people will be displaced, as industries die people will need training and possibly even need to relocate for work, as AI does away with the need for workers all together, and we continue to reproduce and crowd together in a world where climate change may cause massive famine.

The tricky thing is that it's easy to envision the changes we have to make, but the logistical planning and the actual facilitation of mass change is an unprecedented challenge - we still all  need to figure out how to cooperate enough to actually implement it and imo we are really running out of time. In 100 years if we don't get our shit together the human race is gonna slowly be decimated until we're back to the stone age, or extinct altogether.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24768604 - 11/08/17 08:34 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Well we're going to run through our oil reserves in an estimated 50 years. Might hit the new dark ages rather quickly.

Wasn't some liberal funded organization or conservation group that gave us that estimate. That was BP, one of the largest oil distributors in the world. That's the real reason alot of them are investing in alternative fuels, it's not to please the government or public.

As for wildlife.... Prognosis is really bad. Based on population decline alone we are currently in a mass extinction. 50%-80% is the average world wide population decline of most species in the last 50 years. The few species that are doing remotely well are doing so because of us. And they often in turn contribute to population decline of other species.

No one really wants to do anything about it. They want to talk about carbon emissions like retards.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24768609 - 11/08/17 08:37 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

For reference the mass extinction that killed off the dinosaurs after the asteroid hit took 3,000 years.

We're talking less than 300 years for our current rate of extinction. Actually less than 100 at the current rate but it's believed it will slow down when we start running out of oil and other resources we rely on :ohwell:

--------------------

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

#24768612 - 11/08/17 08:40 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

The bees!!  According to Paul Stamets the last two years have been hella on the bee population and once they’re gone nobody eats.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24768624 - 11/08/17 08:45 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Not necessarily true. Once the bees are gone most of us don't eat. The modern lords and kings of the world will continue to live in relative luxury and afford feasts while we start dying off in droves from disease and famine.

Human race might survive long enough for earth to restabalize itself but it will only do so if it tries to sustain a very small population. Thousands at most. Possibly only a few hundred.

--------------------

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

#24768642 - 11/08/17 08:53 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Not necessarily true. Once the bees are gone most of us don't eat. The modern lords and kings of the world will continue to live in relative luxury and afford feasts while we start dying off in droves from disease and famine.

Human race might survive long enough for earth to restabalize itself but it will only do so if it tries to sustain a very small population. Thousands at most. Possibly only a few hundred.

Well this is a depressing thing to read in the morning lol

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24770915 - 11/09/17 07:05 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

DERAILED THREAD

Oh well, I think now it was a coyote from the picture someone posted. The hair looked just like that.  I couldn't see it's face from the front, as I only got a look at it's side.  I was north of it and up a hill about 20 yards and it was heading west.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds