Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineinsano
Stranger
Shroom flashbacks - anything to worry about?
    #2475831 - 03/26/04 06:03 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have done shrooms a fair number of times, and have done them with my girlfriend on two seperate occasions, the most recent being about a month ago. Lately she has been telling me she gets some rather prominant flashbacks almost everyday, and frankly, she is getting a little worried. Is this normal? Has anybody else had similar experiences, and is there anything one could do to possibly remedy this? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Shroom flashbacks - anything to worry about? [Re: insano]
    #2476039 - 03/26/04 10:01 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Have her do some research about HPPD... perhaps go to a doctor and explain her symptoms... I've never known anybody who has had flashbacks, beyond the small wiggling things in your peripheral vision while very tired or stoned, but am quite sure that for a certain number (small, hopefully) of people, HPPD can have serious effects... try researching it a bit and see what you think.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2476047 - 03/26/04 10:07 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Excerted from Magic mushrooms of Australia and New Zealand by John W. ALlen at erowid.org

Quote:

FLASHBACKS
In 1973, Dr. Hall was the Principal Research Officer of the Narcotics Section of the Commonwealth Police Force in Canberra. Dr. Hall had also reported that several drug users had been experiencing recurring `flashbacks' from mushrooms that were similar to `flashbacks' which were associated with LSD consumption.

According to Dr. Karl L. R. Jansen, there is not any firm evidence that mushroom `flashbacks' can occur. Researchers in 1983, have reported that out of 318 specific cases of Psilocybe intoxications occurring in England between l978-l981, 21 patients experienced `flashback phenomena of some form' for up to four months after ingestion", and also mentioned that some of these were the result of drug synergy and polydrug abuse.

"...However, with such a controversial phenomena as `flashbacks', it is necessary to specify precisely what form these do take, so that they may be distinguished from psychological stress reactions wrongly attributed to past drug use." Dr. Hall also pointed out that "if solutions of mushroom extracts were injected intravenously, the results could be very serious." There are no known cases of such injections, and it seems extremely unlikely that anyone would attempt this.

mj

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Shroom flashbacks - anything to worry about? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2476053 - 03/26/04 10:12 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

My goal is to be tripping 24/7.
She should consider herself lucky.
  :sun: :crazy: :nut: :alert: :shiftyeyes: :tongue2: :smirk:

depending on how deeply ingrained the psychedelic experience becomes into ones ego, the chances of re-integrating into this reality while 'not on drugs' varies.

some doctors may diagnose it as 'HPPD'...some perhaps even as 'Schizophrenia'...while some strive to categorize, the possibilty seems neglected, that a full-time tune-in has been achieved. reality is nothing that we used to think it is. anything is possible. no one can verify what 'should' or 'shouldn't' be happening.

can i transport these pixels into a stamp of significance, at some unknown location of the globe? repetitions...and resonances...flow...and surround, ourselves...engulfing...sustaining...

there are many arms of the fractal swirl...weather one chooses to worry, or not-worry, there will be a stream to flow along.

OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
    #2476733 - 03/26/04 01:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

she getting flashbacks or persistant visuals? if its the persistant visuals click the link in my signiture.

Flashbacks are a intresting subject, ive basicly lived on a psychdelic for 7years and have yet to experience what id call a flash back. But imo they are mentally triggered and projected anyways, get her mind off it, tell her theres nothing to worry about, if its stil there after a week, then you wana start worrying, but worrying might be what is causeing it to begain with, tell her not to look for it or think about it, if shes haveing mental problems along with it, it might be somthing else.

since u said almost everyday, then HPPD shouldent even be looked into, we dont stop seeing visuals etc. but we dont have flashbacks that interupt our life as you say she is.

anyway u can describe her flashbacks, more mental or visual?

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2479450 - 03/27/04 11:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I had a weird experience recently that i thought was a flashback, but it was actually my thyroid gland.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience