Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenovice_shaman
Journyman
Male

Loc: its a secret
experience with valerian root
    #24749663 - 10/31/17 10:35 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

So after some looking onto the erowid vaults, I decided to experiment a little. I picked up a bottle of Valerian root from walmart containg 100mg of the root and 400mg of 4:1 extract. I take three doses soak them in hot water and cool in the fridge for a few hours while I went to a friends house. I come back and boil the water with 5 tsp of lemon juice for about an hour and let cool over night in fridge. The next morning I take my blood pressure meds and multi vitamin but skip my ginseng and caffeine pills. Over the course of an hour I drink this liquid the lemon juice made it kinda taste like feet. I felt like I took a peach xannax and didn't really want to move I had cevs as if I was day dreaming x10. No oev but defiantly something I would consider trying to extract and dose on again to see if it had any more profound effects.

--------------------
Peace Love and Happiness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineermine
Stranger
Re: experience with valerian root [Re: novice_shaman]
    #24749689 - 10/31/17 10:45 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting, I will have to re-visit that plant.  I've become very fond of Kava and it produces a wide range of nice effects, depending on dose/strain/etc.  Had good luck with Mulungu as well, and CBD.

I've heard that valerian might be more activated if taken in combination with certain other herbs (a couple of cinnamon and/or close essential oil drops maybe) - I forget details though.

Offlinenovice_shaman
Journyman
Male

Re: experience with valerian root [Re: ermine]
    #24749694 - 10/31/17 10:47 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Just have to experiment and see what works, might open doors to a whole new experience!

--------------------
Peace Love and Happiness

Offlinenovice_shaman
Journyman
Male

#24749707 - 10/31/17 10:55 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

The cevs I had where of outdoors, like a park and there was a diamond shaped light white/yellow /green tinted and most of it was realistic some was cartoonie and sometimes like an oil based painting. But I have a very strong imagination, so I was quickly to dismiss that it causes them, but it seemed like something that wasn't originating from my thoughts. It was very much like a lucid dream when I closed my eyes. I was much more focused on the sedation. Also I have those foil like ballons from where my son was born the other day and light seemed to reflect off of them onto the walls, like if parts of the walls where relfective too, and the walls breathed with me a few times but nothing that lasted long or was intense.

--------------------
Peace Love and Happiness

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
    #24750226 - 10/31/17 04:04 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I messed around with valerian root when i got a giant bottle full. It has a reverse tolerance so the more you take it the less you need. I remember it almost always putting me to bed when i ate it no matter what time i ate it or how much sleep i had got. It would make me have hypnogogic phenomena where i would begin dreaming while laying there but still be pretty much awake. It was an interesting substance for sure but the root smells like nasty feet.

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

“Everybody is ‘you’. Everybody is ‘I’. That’s our name. We all share that.”

- Alan Watts

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off quicker than Salvia"

- Rick Sanchez (voice of Justin Roiland)

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: experience with valerian root [Re: Plain]
    #24750338 - 10/31/17 05:20 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

novice_shaman said:
....I felt like I took a peach xannax and didn't really want to move I had cevs as if I was day dreaming x10. No oev but defiantly something I would consider trying to extract and dose on again to see if it had any more profound effects.

Is this a "trip report" for valerian root from wal-mart :lol: ?

Valerian isn't a psychedelic. The extent of "profound" effects that you will get is some relaxation/sedation, some hypnagogic visuals, and some good sleep (and potentially some vivid dreams). I've used valerian many times over the years and it has zero "recreational" value, it has no psychedelic or "trippy" qualities to it, it's simply a mild to moderate sedative. It can produce some vivid and immersive dreams though :yesnod: .

You don't have to boil the root, you could have simply just ate the capsules....The actives in valerian root seem to be plenty bio-available when the root is consumed raw/orally (powdered).

And valerian root from wal-mart is very low quality/potency...I've tried the wal-mart stuff a few times over the years and it's not nearly as potent/quality as other sources. I got some fresh powdered root a while back that was so damn pungent, a couple grams would have me all sorts of relaxed.

Quote:

Plain said:
.... the root smells like nasty feet.

It does have that dirty feet smell, almost like a wet dog smell too :lol: .

The freshly powdered raw root that I had earlier this summer was so damn pungent smelling. It had some of that dirty feet funky smell to it but it was actually a somewhat pleasant smell, it was a very rich and complex aroma....

....and the taste of the powdered root was actually surprisingly sweet and yummy . I liked the taste it had, it was not exactly like it smells.

-OM

Offlinetravishibachi
Stranger

#24751520 - 11/01/17 08:03 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

What have you noticed from kava? I've taken it once or twice in sort of a tea concoction and it definitely had me feeling relaxed. Kind of a sedative-type feeling with a little bit of a happy buzz.

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: experience with valerian root [Re: travishibachi]
    #24752711 - 11/01/17 04:57 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Valerian roots flavor isnt as bad as kavas taste for me personally. When i burp from verian i dont taste anything at all but the kava burps give me a little nausea. 
Quote:

travishibachi said:
What have you noticed from kava? I've taken it once or twice in sort of a tea concoction and it definitely had me feeling relaxed. Kind of a sedative-type feeling with a little bit of a happy buzz.

Kava gives me a buzz similar to one beer or so couple shots. I like the buzz it gives when made into a tea more and if its fresh from a farmers market is always beeter than caps ive found our recently too. Just be careful with kava they say it can cause liver issues.

Also ive done kava with lsd and it increased the euphoric feeling incredibly so i would give that a try if youre into combinations with synergy.

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

OfflineCodeinecowboy
Kingpin
 User Gallery

Re: experience with valerian root [Re: Plain]
    #24752984 - 11/01/17 07:12 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Placebo that thing does nothing I've dried fresh valerian root dry and from a health food store. I took like 100g and made teas let it sit overnight and drank it didn't even make me tired if your looking for one of those "legal highs" try kratom or buy real drugs

Offlinenovice_shaman
Journyman
Male

Re: experience with valerian root [Re: Codeinecowboy]
    #24753025 - 11/01/17 07:41 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Just an experiment, I have a sheet of 1p and some changa. Just trying new things, keeping an open mind  :peacesign: but anyways sedation was the main effect of this herb/plant.

--------------------
Peace Love and Happiness

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: experience with valerian root [Re: Codeinecowboy]
    #24754216 - 11/02/17 10:37 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Codeinecowboy said:
Placebo that thing does nothing I've dried fresh valerian root dry and from a health food store. I took like 100g and made teas let it sit overnight and drank it didn't even make me tired if your looking for one of those "legal highs" try kratom or buy real drugs

It is said valerian root has a reverse tolerance effect meaning over time with continuous use its affects become more noticeable. It took weeks of some decently high doses to get to the point 15-20 caps finally did something but its only worth the trouble if you have serious sleeping issues. Like mentioned earlier in the thread this root will help with going to sleep and can cause some interest dreams while in the process of falling asleep (hypnagogic phenomena) its not a trip or a high unless you consider being very relaxed while laying down a high. Its not a buzz just like being ready to go to sleep. If you are looking for a high cannabis or kratom is where its at though.

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

Edited by Plain (11/02/17 10:39 AM)

Offlineermine
Stranger
Re: experience with valerian root [Re: travishibachi]
    #24756645 - 11/03/17 10:32 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

travishibachi said:

Kava is amazing and over about 15 years I have gotten to know its many personalities.  Depending on the strain ("noble" strains are the best, and there are heavy/relaxed and heady/awake types) and dosage you can obtain:

-a light buzz comparable to a beer or 2
-empathogenic psychedelic feelings at doses of 15-40 grams
-pain relief
-aphrodisiac effects
-mediative state
-light visuals when combined with other fine herbs

Kavaforums.com is a great resource for goods and preparation styles. 

I am going to delve more into Valerian next....

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24757564 - 11/03/17 05:50 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I used to get a sleep aid from the Dollar Tree that had valerian in it, and it also smelled like dirty socks. It was mild but actually did work as intended. I'm sure it wasn't top quality, but what do you expect from a one dollar bottle of pills. Years later I bought a herbal mixture from a trusted vendor. It contained valerian among other things. Shorty after taking it, my breathing became wet and labored, and I was obviously having an allergic reaction. I used an Epi Pen which cleared it up quickly. My understanding is that you can only be allergic to things you've already been exposed to, and the only thing in that mix that I had previously taken was valerian root.

--------------------

OfflineThePump
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: uk Flag
Re: experience with valerian root [Re: JizzMasterZero]
    #24758120 - 11/03/17 11:17 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

valerian root gets me relaxed and my cat looks like he trips his nuts off on it. If any of you have cats, let them have some, they love it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf