Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Thread On The Subject Of Anomie
    #24751194 - 11/01/17 12:58 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

so what do you all think about the concept of Anomie and how it applies to the current social structure?

in Japan, as i highlight in the video below, has this thing called Kireru; while the meaning varies with context it is also used to denote & describes "a sudden explosion of individual violence which can sometimes result in a bloody act rocking the public opinion." -- Is this sensationalized? Probably.

Anomie As A Prime Concern

so what info can you'll give me on anomie; let's discuss.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Thread On The Subject Of Anomie [Re: akira_akuma]
    #24751352 - 11/01/17 05:56 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

“Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the self-hood of every one of its members. The virtue in most request is conformity. Self-reliance is its aversion. It loves not realities and creators, but names and customs.”

-Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nature

Offlineakira_akuma

#24754917 - 11/02/17 04:04 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, this thread is about Anomie, it's too complex for the forum.

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
    #24756980 - 11/03/17 01:01 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

or few to nobody (but you) care/s about it.

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Thread On The Subject Of Anomie [Re: relic]
    #24757070 - 11/03/17 01:49 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

yes, anomie, disorder in society, at this juncture in time with everybody up in arms over a president, in the forum of politics, is not "cared" about.

ok...or you're just not intelligent enough to extrapolate from the subject matter. :shrug: i dunno. methinks it's the latter. at least i tried to start a more complex discussion about Anomie- instead of continuing to post in the same five or so threads, which are all about hating nazis and then some of which are threads i started.

i like new things. :smile: go away now.

Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: Thread On The Subject Of Anomie [Re: akira_akuma] * 2
    #24757127 - 11/03/17 02:13 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

nah, i'll hop around wherever i fancy, but (no) thanks for trying to steer me where you'd like.

and lols to your supposition about my intelligence; you have no idea and lately have no ability to admit as much.

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Thread On The Subject Of Anomie [Re: relic]
    #24757182 - 11/03/17 02:42 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

you have no idea and lately have no ability to admit as much.

the brevity of your sentence makes me swoon. um...admit to what? having an idea of your intelligence?

methinks i have some idea, if at one point i erm had an  idea. can't i just resort on my memory in that case? but methinks  that i need not. i can see your lackadaisical attempts to shitpost and not contribute- and your lack of substantial contribution.

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
    #24757338 - 11/03/17 04:07 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
so what do you all think about the concept of Anomie and how it applies to the current social structure?

in Japan, as i highlight in the video below, has this thing called Kireru; while the meaning varies with context it is also used to denote & describes "a sudden explosion of individual violence which can sometimes result in a bloody act rocking the public opinion." -- Is this sensationalized? Probably.

Anomie As A Prime Concern

so what info can you'll give me on anomie; let's discuss.

If this is what you're talking about,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomie
Quote:

Anomie (/ˈænəˌmi/) is a "condition in which society provides little moral guidance to individuals".[1] It is the breakdown of social bonds between an individual and the community, e.g., under unruly scenarios resulting in fragmentation of social identity and rejection of self-regulatory values.[2][citation needed] It was popularized by French sociologist Émile Durkheim in his influential book Suicide (1897). Durkheim never uses the term normlessness; rather, he describes anomie as "derangement", and "an insatiable will".[3] Durkheim used the term "the malady of the infinite" because desire without limit can never be fulfilled; it only becomes more intense.[4]

then the flippant part of me wants to say, "yeah, sounds like what we're moving towards as a society".
On the other hand, the analytical side of me would have to think about it more before I could decide whether anomie is more or less prevalent now as compared to a range of other time periods.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Thread On The Subject Of Anomie [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24757444 - 11/03/17 04:59 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

give it some thought. i think it's an interesting topic. i mean, i have been aware of the term for awhile now, and like usual, something like that sticks with me. it's something i think about quite a bit.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #24758303 - 11/04/17 02:31 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

The U.S. was founded by Christians. Our morals stem from the creator and God.

I feel that anomie for the U.S. is indicated by people leaving the church.

What I wonder is where people gather their morals instead?

Perhaps each person will learn from different books, but then it wouldn't be a population of people practicing a similar idea.

What is the progressive form of the bible? Scientology?

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

InvisibleBubbles85

Loc: England Flag
Re: Thread On The Subject Of Anomie [Re: XUL]
    #24758328 - 11/04/17 03:08 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

IMO the break down of social bonds is not just prevalent in our society's between the individual and the wider community, in many cases it's also prevalent between the individual and the family unit.

Far to many people base their moral standing today from shit like the music they listen to, or the crap they watch on TV. I know dudes who have literally said they were raised by Tupac :lol:

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Thread On The Subject Of Anomie [Re: XUL] * 1
    #24758400 - 11/04/17 05:08 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:

Perhaps each person will learn from different books, but then it wouldn't be a population of people practicing a similar idea.

Much of our morality is innate. It's in our genetic code.

Religion does not make us more moral. The morality of the Bible is obscene. If you use it for your sense of morality, you are not going to be a good person. Instead, you are going to use it to justify horrendous behavior. Christian morality warps our natural morality - our innate sense that we should treat others the way we wish to be treated - into a system where we behave so we aren't punished by god for arbitrary reasons.

If you think that the only thing keeping you from raping, murdering and stealing is you may be punished in the afterlife, there's something seriously fucked up about your sense of right and wrong.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (11/04/17 05:17 AM)

OfflineTipote
petty crook and transvestite
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK/France/US
    #24758677 - 11/04/17 08:53 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
The U.S. was founded by Christians. Our morals stem from the creator and God.?

The US was founded by Freemasons. There are plenty of morals and values outside of the religious sphere.

Capitalism is a thing breaking families and communities.

But I'll wait til Akira tells us whats right and wrong and how I should think - as he usually does..

--------------------
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
    #24758731 - 11/04/17 09:20 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:

lol, no.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Thread On The Subject Of Anomie [Re: Bubbles85] * 2
    #24758999 - 11/04/17 11:02 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bubbles85 said:
IMO the break down of social bonds is not just prevalent in our society's between the individual and the wider community, in many cases it's also prevalent between the individual and the family unit.

Far to many people base their moral standing today from shit like the music they listen to, or the crap they watch on TV. I know dudes who have literally said they were raised by Tupac :lol:

i agree. the family unit is less together than ever before, this creates a disunity in the social sense, suddenly kids are left feeling abjectly disregarded as an important facet to society, and are just raised to get out the door and into work as fast as possible. no room to be a kid anymore.

i like Norway's school days. that shit is more manageable, for young kids, by the by- as a sidenote.

Quote:

laughable. it is not in our genetics, otherwise, we wouldn't have thousands of years beating eachother with rocks (well, spears, is more likely, the rock thing is hyperbole) for the sake of a waterhole. we wouldn't have enslaved people for use as farm implements.

Quote:

Christian morality warps our natural morality - our innate sense that we should treat others the way we wish to be treated

while i might agree with christian morality being slightly warped, it's better than the so-called "genetic morality" that had barbarians constantly war with christians and vice-versa...and that's just one example of barbarism.

you need SOCIAL STRUCTURE...that is what morals come from...not "genetics".

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#24759029 - 11/04/17 11:14 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Within groups, people have a very strong moral code.  So do wolves. This isn't controversial science. We are born with a moral structure.

Our legal system is built upon this innate morality. So is religion. People who actually think religious based morality has been dictated by god are fucking morons.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Thread On The Subject Of Anomie [Re: koods]
    #24759040 - 11/04/17 11:21 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Within groups, people have a very strong moral code.  So do wolves. This isn't controversial science. We are born with a moral structure.

you are borne INTO a moral structure. koods. you cannot deny this. you're born to wolves you've have wolf morals. are humans wolves? no. they aren't.

if a human child is left to their own devices in the woods, and survived, they would have "forest morals" or "cave morals".

if they lived in nazi Germany, they'd have "nazi morals".

see how they aren't just "born with morals" but instead are DISTILLED with morality from a group or environment?

now, let's get into the notion of the socioeconomic myth, and deride the notion of socioeconomic status being the only issue in dealing with poverty, and anomie...the family is a good place to start, seeing as that is where most will get their morals- which in turn, the family gets their morals from the many families that make up a "society".

Quote:

Our legal system is built upon this innate morality. So is religion. People who actually think religious based morality has been dictated by god are fucking morons.

well, innate moralities don't need legal systems. but other than that, true. morality does not come from God- that's just facetious bullshit.

though a higher order of things beyond socioeconomic status is helpful to avoid devolving into anomie.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#24759173 - 11/04/17 12:14 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

That's why we have a legal system

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlineakira_akuma

#24759222 - 11/04/17 12:52 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

right, because without one, the natural human moral would be entirely subjective, still, and yet there'd be no legal fallout for say, doing something heinous.

no, you'd be able to run amok as "lord" and get away with any horrendous thing you can  think of, before being assassinated or poisoned, or something to that effect.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #24759292 - 11/04/17 01:22 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
That's why we have a legal system

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

XUL said:

Religion does not make us more moral. The morality of the Bible is obscene. If you use it for your sense of morality, you are not going to be a good person. Instead, you are going to use it to justify horrendous behavior. Christian morality warps our natural morality - our innate sense that we should treat others the way we wish to be treated - into a system where we behave so we aren't punished by god for arbitrary reasons.

I strongly disagree.

I believe religion fostered collectivism and the ability to band together for the common good. One common good, being the expedition to North America for religious freedom, eventually brought us our magnificent U.S.A..

You cannot admit how much religion played a part in our history, because you don't like that "obscene" idea. It hurts your narrative on downplaying the role of secularism in our history. You use genetics as a sad crutch -- totally forgetting the other side of the human story: nurture.

Quote:

If you think that the only thing keeping you from raping, murdering and stealing is you may be punished in the afterlife, there's something seriously fucked up about your sense of right and wrong.

I don't concern myself with an afterlife.

As for Americans who believe in the afterlife, I think they will fair just fine. Do you have any evidence to suggest otherwise? Or do you just like to call them fucked up for no reason?

I see that Christianity bothers you like Islam bothers Trump.

No hard feelings, mate. Just debating. :mushroom2:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (11/04/17 01:40 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder