Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: FDA cracks down on bogus marijuana "cures" for cancer [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24758548 - 11/04/17 07:32 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Quote:

Near Dylan said:
Not really the best comparison at all lol.

There is not a cure for cancer. You cannot sell something and claim it will cure cancer and alzheimers, it will not. You can't say it kills cancer cells. it isn't proven 100% yet. Its false advertising. That's illegal. Its not "just how they cant say heroin cures insomnia" lol.

It was the only one I could think of without having to battle the idea of whether or not weed cures cancer. No idea.

There are millions of off label unapproved treatments for cancer and Alzheimer's both. Millions upon millions that openly state they are selling as a proposed treatment for those diseases and more. They don't get busted because of the wording they use. And because the substances aren't schedule 1 drugs.

I could say that valerian root helps people sleep. That statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and will not stand. But they don't have too much insensitive to crack down on it because valerian root isn't scheduled.

Weed helps some people sleep too, helps others with stress and some with pain, but the FDA isn't going to stand for that shit either. My point was it doesn't matter whether it's a cure for cancer or not, our laws work the way they do and if you want to have a business in this country you need to work with those laws.

Saying something will make you sleepy is completely different than saying something will CURE YOUR CANCER.

That is extremely dangerous. Those laws are like that for a reason, you cannot do that shit. They crack down on shit like this because it makes sense to, it is worth their time, unlike valerian root. It's not because it's illegal, CBD is legal and is not a schedule 1 substance. They crack down because someone is selling it as a cancer cure and that is illegal as fuck.

This is by far not the only cancer cure product they're cracking down on, and any of them you see advertising that will likely be stopped or shut down very soon

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm048383.htm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Re: FDA cracks down on bogus marijuana "cures" for cancer [Re: Desert-D]
    #24758900 - 11/04/17 10:25 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Desert-D said:
I see a curious amount of skeptical attitudes for a forum of mushroom people.
The day I ask the FDA to approve what meds I take is the day I have lost my way and gave my own power over to the guvment.

Seriously people research "Rockefeller medicine".

Dr gerson cured people's cancer with high doses of veggies.

Dr Sebi cured people of cancer, herpes, aids etc. using non FDA approved methods.

Its honestly absolute propaganda that cancer is hard to be rid of. Many cancers are fairly easy to take care of. Things as simple as drinking alkaline water and soaking in water with baking soda can go a long way.

As I final note I'd like to mention the study done that cured tumors in rats back in the 80s. This was the bit of info that led Rick Simpson to experiment and find great success of treating cancer with cannabis oil.
If your not familiar with Rick Simpson check out- "run from the cure"

My friend tried this bullshit whrn he got oral cancer. He was dead within 6 months.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: FDA cracks down on bogus marijuana "cures" for cancer [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #24759287 - 11/04/17 01:20 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Desert-D said:
I see a curious amount of skeptical attitudes for a forum of mushroom people.
The day I ask the FDA to approve what meds I take is the day I have lost my way and gave my own power over to the guvment.

Seriously people research "Rockefeller medicine".

Dr gerson cured people's cancer with high doses of veggies.

Dr Sebi cured people of cancer, herpes, aids etc. using non FDA approved methods.

Its honestly absolute propaganda that cancer is hard to be rid of. Many cancers are fairly easy to take care of. Things as simple as drinking alkaline water and soaking in water with baking soda can go a long way.

As I final note I'd like to mention the study done that cured tumors in rats back in the 80s. This was the bit of info that led Rick Simpson to experiment and find great success of treating cancer with cannabis oil.
If your not familiar with Rick Simpson check out- "run from the cure"

:judyfacepalm:

I think that Steve Jobs died because he eschewed chemotherapy for that bullshit.  Then again he had pancreatic cancer, so he was pretty much screwed in any event...

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: FDA cracks down on bogus marijuana "cures" for cancer [Re: chibiabos] * 1
    #24759413 - 11/04/17 02:14 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I'm looking for the posts saying we should not use medical science and only use cbd, pot etc but I can't find them. Can anyone point them out to me? This is again the strawman argument that pot does not cure all forms of cancer, we already knew that. I'm sure sessions will agree with  you guys on that. We are saying it helps and there is tons of evidence supporting that.

Does chemo always cure cancer? No. Does surgery always cure, does anything always cure? Well then lets not use any of that since it isn't a 100% cure and merely helps. Buy a clue if you don't have one

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: FDA cracks down on bogus marijuana "cures" for cancer [Re: Near Dylan]
    #24759472 - 11/04/17 02:49 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

For sure, I'm not disagreeing. My point is it doesn't really matter what they're claiming it does, it breaks laws. Both state and federally enforced laws.

And there's really simple ways to get around those laws so my secondary point is they're stupid.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

#24759600 - 11/04/17 03:39 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Again, CBD is not illegal.

--------------------

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#24759729 - 11/04/17 04:32 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Near Dylan said:
Again, CBD is not illegal.

FDA and DEA consider it a schedule 1 drug, currently.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: FDA cracks down on bogus marijuana "cures" for cancer [Re: badchad]
    #24759815 - 11/04/17 05:10 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

youre right, i looked it up and it seems not all states separate "industrial hemp products" from weed. Most do tho.

Either way, it is not the reason they cracked down on these things, and marijuana based cures are not the only thing they're focusing on

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24759872 - 11/04/17 05:42 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

No my primary point was you can't make claims that anything treats or cures anything if it hasn't been approved by the FDA.

Perfectly legal substances have gotten cracked down on for that alone. And vendors got in serious trouble for it. Kava being one I can think of.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
    #24759914 - 11/04/17 06:02 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Marinol is or was approved by the FDA, and there have been pharma products containing cananabinoids

big pharma

--------------------

Rate me here

Invisibleforagedfungus
 User Gallery

Loc: out there
    #24759917 - 11/04/17 06:03 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

:whatshesaid:
Also this "crackdown" was just warning letters from the FDA, telling them to change the wording of their labels.
No charges, no fines, no loss of product or profit.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: FDA cracks down on bogus marijuana "cures" for cancer [Re: Citizen X]
    #24759961 - 11/04/17 06:26 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:
Marinol is or was approved by the FDA, and there have been pharma products containing cananabinoids

big pharma

This is because they have met a slew of federal requirements. They've shown they can mass produce the drug with exceptional accuracy. They have also done an enormous amount of properly controlled clinical trials.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: FDA cracks down on bogus marijuana "cures" for cancer [Re: badchad]
    #24760013 - 11/04/17 06:58 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
Quote:

Citizen X said:

big pharma

This is because they have met a slew of federal requirements. They've shown they can mass produce the drug with exceptional accuracy. They have also done an enormous amount of properly controlled clinical trials.

I know but I still believe that big pharmaceutical companies and their lobbyists want to keep legislation that helps patients receive a medicine that’s natural

--------------------

Rate me here

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: FDA cracks down on bogus marijuana "cures" for cancer [Re: Citizen X]
    #24760127 - 11/04/17 08:11 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Companies that control profit in a certain area want to continue to control profits in a certain area. It's a no brainer.

Oil fights coal fights natural gas fights solar.

The less need there is for a product the less that product sells the less profit there is. If there is alternatives coming up the companies in power will do one of two things, try to gain rights to these alternative products or try to keep an edge over them. Or sometimes both.
I.e. when CD replaced cassettes and when DVD replaced VCR. Companies significantly lowered their prices to keep selling cassettes and VCR tapes and their players while also beginning to develop their own so that the companies would be able to keep going after their original product because obsolete.

It's natural progression of the free market.

The issue and concern is when the future alternatives coming up will be significantly less profitable than the products they're replacing.
And that's why fossil fuel companies lobbied extremely hard to spread misinformation about solar and wind energy.

We're still progressing towards renewable energy anyway though, no matter what they want and what they try, so cannabinoids probably will make its way into conventional medicine eventually as well.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
    #24760228 - 11/04/17 09:10 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

I think, alot of people are concerned with formal recognition, when there are restaurants, which never advertise, and organic, indie types of buyers clubs, which are by-invitation, only. Would you have the social support of a private community, and could people who don't like that, get a door shut in their face, argue with themselves.

I feel that effective, competitive treatments don't use medical kidnapping and other market controls, enforced at gunpoint.

:hamsterdance: btw, targeted advertising for your amusement--
Quote:

Medical Kidnapping - Low Prices on Medical Kidnapping
Low Prices on Medical Kidnapping. Free 2-Day Shipping...

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: FDA cracks down on bogus marijuana "cures" for cancer [Re: durian_2008]
    #24760375 - 11/04/17 10:54 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah ship me some medical kidnapping at a low price

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: FDA cracks down on bogus marijuana "cures" for cancer [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24760800 - 11/05/17 06:22 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Firstly, no matter who is right, your test subjects, here, are medically unstable.

You've basically told us that someone has died of cancer, which you have expected them to do.

Also, formal medicine does not have a perfect track record. In fact, they are able to measure their success rate.

Invisiblehummingbird

#24763670 - 11/06/17 11:19 AM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Well the FDA says, so it must be true. They seem like a good bunch of folks who truly care about my health. :puke:

Its not like there's billions of dollars at stake. I'm sure their pharmaceutical employers provide non-biased research into things they can't patent or profit from.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24763734 - 11/06/17 12:00 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
Firstly, no matter who is right, your test subjects, here, are medically unstable.

You've basically told us that someone has died of cancer, which you have expected them to do.

Also, formal medicine does not have a perfect track record. In fact, they are able to measure their success rate.

Are you trying to infer that the only valid test subject to determine if marijuana can cure cancer is someone who doesn't have cancer?

Or is it only valid i cancer patients who have a high life expectancy with chemotherapy? whom tend to be the people less likely to opt for alternative treatments?

--------------------

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

#24769183 - 11/08/17 12:35 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Are you trying to infer that the only valid test subject to determine if marijuana can cure cancer is someone who doesn't have cancer?

Or is it only valid i cancer patients who have a high life expectancy with chemotherapy? whom tend to be the people less likely to opt for alternative treatments?

Some of the alternative treatments have reported higher survival rates, over time.

In that case, which side of the discussion is being more objective.

An impartial person can't tell us that one methodology is more credible than another; he has to use math.

But, speaking of credibility --
Systemic poison vs. anti-inflammatory. :shrug:

If you want to leave it to personal taste, yes, I have a bias.

Some holistic doctors actually take a dose of their own medicine, to show you that it's perfectly harmless. I would like to see big pharma do that, if they're so Hippocratic.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules