Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Is masterbation morally wrong? [Re: inbetween]
    #247542 - 11/22/99 04:59 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

breathing is not addicting nether is eating what are you trying to imply moonmage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#247543 - 11/22/99 06:15 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

....but Psyco some say eating is addictive, have you ever heard of over eater anoynomous? I think that something like masterbating is addictive only in the way that anything from jogging to sky diving can be addictive.

------------------
"Were bigger than Jesus Christ right now..."
-John Lennon(1966)

OfflineBurnt
Pooh-Bah
    #247544 - 11/22/99 06:35 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

more i think about it masterbation is the only guenuinly good thing around cant think of a thing wrong with it like everything else

------------------
LSD is good for me

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#247545 - 11/22/99 06:49 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I can think of a bad thing with it Burnt:

If you spank it too many times in a day, say 4 or 5 without lubrication, it really starts to hurt. You can mess your dick up doing that. Not that I've ever experienced this, just heard it from friends...

------------------
Listen to Captain Jack.
http://www.mp3.com/captainjack99/

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Anonymous

#247546 - 11/22/99 07:50 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

How can anything that is pleasurable without hurting someone else be wrong?

Anonymous

#247547 - 11/22/99 08:56 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

There are two books that I know of:
"Taoist Cultivation of the Male Sexual Energy", and "The Multi-Orgasmic Male"

Both deal with the Taoist philosophical ideas of not spilling one's 'seed', but instead storing it within the body to build up energy.
I won't go too deep into it, but it's worth a look into.

I never would have thought it could be possible to have an orgasm without actual ejaculation, but now I'm convinced! Haven't gotten good enough to use it reliably in bed with the wife yet [though it's fun practicing], but it has insanely increased the pleasure factors for 'practicing my freethrow'.

Peace,
Tao of Earth

OfflineFreak
addict
    #247548 - 11/22/99 09:02 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Is there something wrong with masterbation?

Perhaps it's not necessarily a case of "morality" anyways............

I think it's possible to become obsessed with anything, masterbation, thoughts about sex, etc., all included.

So if ya become obsessed with it in a way that puts ya out of balance, then there's probably something wrong about it for you.

The Mushroom takes you beyond the body and into realms of knowledge that are not limited by the material world. Whether you make practical use of that knowledge
(not necessarily intellectual knowledge, obviously) is another thing.

When ya become toooooo identified with the material realm and your body identity, like from toooooo much masterbation, etc., you doooooooo get in the way of nature (at least your higher spiritual nature) from running it's natural evolutionary course to higher states of realization, beyond just this gross realm. That, would be against the power of the *Mushroom*.

Just make sure ya do some wholesome jacking off if ya do............ :smile:

------------------
Knowledge Is Structured In Consciousness

OfflineFreak
addict
    #247549 - 11/22/99 09:40 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yea,

"Orgasm without ejaculation"

Done it many, many times. Just requires a little self-control, as well as, muscle control......

Whether you masterbate or do the real thing, to orgasm without spilling can be a very, kind of like, uplifting experience. You don't become soooooooo immediately drained. And you're able to go for it again, multiple times, with greater enthusiasm and energy.

------------------
fairies wear boooooooots

OfflineoDin
    #247550 - 11/23/99 06:50 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Contrary to my mothers nagging, NO, masterbation is good. I knew Burnt would be all over this one.

I think I will try it riiiiight nowwwww

[This message has been edited by oDin (edited November 24, 1999).]

OfflineCrankenstein
journeyman
    #247551 - 11/24/99 02:44 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I thought the mushroom and psychedelics in general made you identify more with your body and the material world in general by making you feel at one with it. So I would think psychedelics would as Huxley wrote in the Doors of Perception, lower your awareness of yourself and build up your ego.

Anonymous

#247553 - 11/25/99 09:10 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Uh oh, it's Mahatma's time to take a kick at the can.

quote:
How can anything that is pleasurable without hurting someone else be wrong?

Simple question. Tough answer. You see, to advocate this position, you must be one-hundred-percent, completely, totally sure that you can accurately judge whether your actions do not hurt someone else.

Does your masturbating hurt someone else? No? You sure?

You see, I chose to be (as Seinfeld would say) the "master of my domain" quite some time ago. One of the reasons I did this was because I perceived that it did hurt someone else.

The sexual act is, by nature, an activity designed for two people (and, sorry, but comparing it to basketball is just plain dumb-ass silly). By masturbating, an act designed for two is "turned inward" on itself, and made to be an act for one. This insulted my relationship with my girlfriend, and it insulted the natural beauty of the sexual act itself. Believe me, I plan to enjoy sex like crazy on our wedding night, and the fact that I have been "master of my domain" will make that gift to her all the more special.

Is masturbation morally wrong? I'll let you decide that -- the bigger question is whether masturbation is inherently selfish, and the answer is obvious.

quote:
Look at catholics. When they have sex it is a sin to wear a condom. But because they can't masturbate they're having sex ALL THE TIME and that leads to more little catholics running around, not masturbating and fornicating like rabbits (ad. infinum).

Wow, you make us Catholics sound almost cool. If we're going to talk about Catholics, let's talk about only those in union with Rome and disregard all the liberal 'progressive' ones for a moment.

Catholics, because they believe that artificial birth control is wrong, practice NFP (Natural Family Planning). This means that for roughly 11 days of the month we aren't getting any sex at all. Kind of a difference between that an "ALL THE TIME" (a line which would have sold me on becoming Catholic, if I weren't already).

And, by the way, let's give the human person a little more credit than suggesting that we must either mastubate, have sex, or die. I know many people who are completely celebate and do neither. It's simply a matter of channeling the energy differently... something I would have guessed you guys knew at least a little about.

Mahatma.

OfflineoDin
    #247554 - 11/26/99 04:37 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I state this in a humble manner. But if the "catholic Nation" would allow the masses to use birth control and to masterbate, yes masterbate perhaps this ball would't be on the verge of enviromental collaspe. Due to a overly suscessful species, HUMANS.

All the humans I know that practice that uptight religious non-sexual MASTERBATION IS EVIL bla bla bla are the most socially inept and cob up the ass people I know. sorry about the mis-spelling I am too pissed to correct it right now. Humans are sexual beings and to supress such a elemental urge is just plain wrong. Its mind contol with all the guilt included. BTW I WAS catholic until I opened my eyes. Just my personal take on life carry on.
Oh yea NFP is a very poor BC method, which is why there are too many catholics.

[This message has been edited by oDin (edited November 26, 1999).]

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#247556 - 11/30/99 10:23 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Humans are naturally sexual. Huge sex drives, etc. So it's natural to masturbate. And healthy, too - no sexual release can build up stress. The key is moderation, as is the key in every thing. If you're obsessed with it and do it 10 times a day, that's a problem. Addiction is most commonly talked about in terms of drugs, but you can be addicted to anything: drugs, sex (including masturbation), running, eating, puking up what you eat, etc.

Mahatma, I have to disagree with you. You say that masturbation is selfish. I argue that it's actually the opposite. Think of it this way: humans naturally want to get off like crazy. Sometimes it isn't convenient to fuck your wife/girlfriend. You could go pick up another chick and fuck her. In fact that would be even more fun than spanking it. But you don't. Because you don't want to cheat on your wife/girlfriend, because cheating is selfish (no insult to swinging couples here...if the couple does not recognize fucking other people as cheating, it's different). I wonder what kind of relationship it is if masturbation hurts it. I mean....damn. While sexual acts aren't necessary to survive (in one lifetime, not the species, I mean), the urges are as natural, and for some of us as frequent, as urges to eat. I strongly urge you to communicate with your girlfriend, and figure out why in the hell that put a strain on your relationship. Is she being so selfish that she wants 100% of you? Just some thoughts, please don't take this as an insult.

Also, I have a comment or two on the 'sex is beauty' part. Sex isn't the pure, beautiful thing. It's the intimacy of the situation that is the beautiful part. Sex isn't pure at all. That's the difference between sex with love and intimacy, and just plain sex. In the words of Jane's Addiction, "Sex is violent".

------------------
Listen to Captain Jack.

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Anonymous

#247555 - 12/01/99 08:40 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Once again I hear that tired old line of blame when it comes to religion overpopulating the globe. Unfortunately, if you do your research you'll find it has no basis in fact whatsoever. Also, this planet is not overpopulated, not by a long shot. The problem is not the number of people (nor has it ever been), but rather the imbalance in resources, thanks to the North American countries in which most of us here reside.

I don't mind blame; just point that thing in the proper direction, mmmmkay?

Additionally, I am not of the opinion that masturbation is evil -- I merely refer to it rather as an inherently selfish bastardization of a generally pure act.

Perhaps another brave soul here might make a brief mental connection between the mindset that drives masturbation and the mindset that drives certain countries to allow 'less developed' nations to flounder in disease and malnutrition.

"The Masturbation of Global Resources"?

Sounds like a good thread.

Mahatma.

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#247557 - 12/01/99 11:14 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

First off, Mahatma...

A.) My original response was satire...it was meant to be silly because too often people take the issue of masturbation (which ranks on my personal list of important world issues just above the morality of juggling) too seriously. You assert that sexuality is a sport for two and only two, and is seemingly offensive in any other form. I pose that perhaps this is due to you being you. Put another way, you associate sex with something spritually significant and so to alter the act is to alter the signifigance. If I skip stones on water so that it makes two ripples and then attach personal signifigance to it, of course i'm going to be offended if I see someone out there enjoying themselves as much as I am while skipping stones so they only ripple once. Now to a subjective person, there would be little or no difference between two ripples and one. But to someone whom has attached spiritual signifigance to the ACT (and therefore turned it into ritual), the alteration of the act becomes profane. Now, Mahatma, I'm not asking you to say that there is no spirituality in the sex act, because obviously, to you there is. What I am asking you is to consider that all people see the world differently. If you felt that masturbating dishonored your girlfriend, then IT DID...TO YOU. You have to understand that clause. What is true for you is not true for everyone, that is why masturbation ISN'T immoral unless you want it to be. Seperating truth from dogma is often hard.

Now on your dissertation on population...The reason our population is as large as it is is because population was part of our culture's method of transmission "Grow more food, make more people, take over more land, grow more food..." It is our cultural idea that we must keep doing this at any cost, that has brought us to this point ecologically. Now the basis for this meme is governmental/religious (when our culture was first starting up, there was no seperation).

NOW as for your assertion that if the resources of the world were distributed evenly then our problems would go away...I want to know where you got your ideas, because they're as silly as my basketball analogy. The simple fact is that most of the resources left in the world reside in under developed countries, not in the united states. The united states only CONSUMES the most resources every year. And the reason that it can is because the resources exist in these third-world countries and they can buy them relatively cheap. Now the third world countries then attempt to build an economy on the foundation of their mineral wealth and jump right into the world economy. The problem is that the U.S. eats their resources and then leaves. With the U.S. money gone and the resources gone, the infostructure of the county then collapses and it is back at ground zero. Now I don't see how distributing resources would help. The fact is that our global culture is heirarchal, and that it is not only a heirarchy of individuals, but of countries as well. We have the dominant few very very advanced countries and then, the exploitable, many less developed countries. What is driving our cultural collapse is everyone, all countries, striving for the top of the pyramid. The cultural goal is and always has been to strive to be on top of the pyramid, which equates to all countries trying to live the way Americans live; to consume at the rate which Americans consume. The world cannot support this, look outside and see for yourself. Humans are causing a globalized extinction and degredation of the environment (85% of U.S. cities don't fall within the E.P.A's limits for clean air). The world can support many different creatures viaing for many different niches within the environment. What it cannot do is support ONE creature trying to make ITS WAY the ONLY WAY. Economists make very poor ecologists.

ISH

OfflineNowhereMan
    #247558 - 12/01/99 11:59 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmmmm... I am conflicting in opinions. I am tending to lean more on Mahatma's "side." I do definitely agree that the reason this world is so fucked up is partly due to a misdistribution of resources. Right now there is enough food on this planet to comfortably feed every single living person on this planet. We obviously haven't yet reached a carrying capacity or else there would be a DRMATIC reduction in the population. The problem is selfishness. So much food is thrown out every single day in restaurants throughout America. It seems such a terrible waste. But that is how it works. The underdeveloped countries on this planet are basically forced to sell out their resources, like it or not, as that is how the system has been set up, ever since the start of "civilization." There will always be the haves and the have-nots as long as people in this world continue to remain selfish. Sad but true...

But this is completely off-topic, or is it? I am inclined to believe that masturbation is perfectly fine for a person if that is what they choose for themselves. I myself do it quite often, but at the same time, I can see Mahatma's point. If you are making it a selfish act, which I do not believe is necessarily the case for all acts of masturbation, then you are only ultimately setting yourself back. If you truly love yourself, however, then I can't see any problem with it. I do get this nagging, just bad feeling sometimes, though, while masturbating, telling me that what I'm doing is wrong. I'm still not sure what that feeling is. Is it society telling me that masturbation is wrong, or is that a true inner voice? Hard to tell. I think I'm finally starting to realize, however, that physical gratification is overrated. I don't know, maybe its just me, but I can get much higher highs after working through a bunch of disgustingly hard math problems. Well, no, I can't say that its better than that, but I guess it'd have to be on the same level as. I don't know, I just say go with what you feel and it'll all work out in the end. It always does.

Anonymous

#247559 - 12/01/99 12:44 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

ISH: Start another thread concerning the use of the world's resources, and I'll be there. I don't want to get into it here, or I'll have someone barking up my ass about changing topics within a thread. :wink:

quote:
I strongly urge you to communicate with your girlfriend, and figure out why in the hell that put a strain on your relationship. Is she being so selfish that she wants 100% of you? Just some thoughts, please don't take this as an insult.

No insult perceived.

I will say, though, that my girlfriend and I have been doing professional counseling for going on two years now, so we tend to communicate quite well without being urged to. My choice to exercise self-control in terms of my sexuality is based on communication, not the lack of it.

That you would assume that my bing "master of my domain" is a strain is probably the most compelling part of your post. I don't recall ever hinting at that, nor would that be at all accurate of our relationship.

As I said in a previous post, choosing not to masturbate is simply a case of redirecting energy. I am not under strain, nor anxiety, nor do I experience any sort of physical discomfort or deformity. I might also mention, by the way that I am (or at least I was) a very highly-sexed individual. I don't say that to be a braggart, only to show that I'm not the type of guy who isn't interested in sex to begin with. In my high school years, I...

Well, that's another thread.

When I was in rural Greece, one of the locals I befriended told me of his views on masturbation. His opinion was that, if not regularly expelled, semen would flood throughout your bloodstream and clot in your brain, making you very stupid. I'm starting to catch the scent of similar attitudes here.

Consider the following:

quote:
Sometimes it isn't convenient to fuck your wife/girlfriend. You could go pick up another chick and fuck her. But you don't. Because you don't want to cheat on your wife/girlfriend.

This view assumes the old Man Must Have Sex, Masturbate Or Die attitude which I mentioned a few posts ago. The simple fact is, a human male can go through his whole life without masturbating... and not explode. None of the Monks I know who have made sexual self-control a lifestyle choice have exploded. You would have read about it in the Enquirer.

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to regret saying that?

Masturbation, like many other things, is a lifestyle choice. Let's not try to kid ourselves into thinking that it's some kind of male biological neccessity. You do not have to masturbate, you choose to.

If you must hold this view, I would respond by telling you that Nature created a safety valve called nocturnal emission. Keeping that fact in mind, masturbation could also be viewed by some as thwarting the natural processes of Nature.

Getting back to my girlfriend. My personal view of love has embedded in it a facet of honour. For me, to choose self-control honours my girlfriend and lets her know that I believe that she is the only other human person I will ever share that particular act with. In those terms, my self-control is merely building a gift to be presented on our wedding night. Simple as that.

(Question: If we consider sex with another person as infidelity, why do we not consider sex with oneself infidelity?)

Additionally (although I did not intend to take a biological direction in this thread) don't you guys know that it's been medically proven that habitual masturbation "trains" your body to ejaculate prematurely?

Mahatma.

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#247560 - 12/01/99 01:03 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I didn't mean a strain on you.

I meant a strain on the relationship....I meant that you should communicate as to why you masturbating "insulted [your] relationship with [your] girlfriend", in your words.

I agree with you that it is not necessary to masturbate. But that doesn't mean that it hurts anybody else. You deciding to not masturbate, that's fine. But I think you're going too far to say that it hurts relationships. Maybe, in fact, it wasn't hurting your girlfriend, it was hurting you, because you thought it was like cheating.

My last quote, about not cheating, you took somewhat out of context. That was part of a larger comment saying that masturbation was less selfish than cheating.

I wouldn't have believed you if you said that we (the board at large) could hold an intelligent conversation about masturbation. This is a cool thread.

------------------
Listen to Captain Jack.

--------------------
-

Anonymous

#247561 - 12/03/99 03:36 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I love my girl friend to death, but whacking off is just so much better.

------------------
Peace
Blue

OfflineFreak
addict
    #247562 - 12/04/99 12:03 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

you dumb fuckers

just try masterbating without ejaculating and get the FUCK on with it

:smile:

------------------
dam aliens

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order