Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
your all going to hell!
    #2474359 - 03/25/04 07:28 PM (20 years, 26 days ago)

it is widely believed that a persons personality and behaviour is based two things: genetic factors and enviromental factors. Genetics are your genes, the qualities and traits you inherent from your mother and father. The enviromental factors include how you are brought up, what experiences go through and how much nutritious food you get, what education you get etc... this is called nature-nurture, and between the two parts you end up with a whole human being, totally unique in personality, appearance and genetics
and this decides what we will do and how we will act

Now , none of us can choose who are parents are, and thus we have no say in our genetics, and thus out appearances and many other things. Also, none of us has control over our enviromental factors: we cant choose where we are born, how we are raised, what kind of family we grow up in, what opportunities are available to us etc etc

after all a kid who is born in war torn nations in africa and recruited by a guerilla army at 12 has no real choice in his actions. The conditions of his birth throw him into a life of warfare and he grows up to be a hard, raping killer, when if he had been born in different places or different times he could have grown up to be aloving, caring healthy individual.

Genetically as well, some people are born uglier, smarter, stupider, stronger etc and this will have an effect on their personalities and behaviours. And yet none of these things are under control, they are up to chance. Most christians as well as other faiths believe that nothing is chance, that god has a divine plan and knows in advance what will happen and it happens according to his plan.
THis i can agree with totally, and it is a healthy mentality to hold. However many of these same religious types also beliueve in hell, a place where sinners, the unbaptized, those who dont acceppt christ or whatever are sent to burn in a lake of fire for eternity.

So let me get this straight: god takes a seed and according to his divine plan he mutates its genetics so it will be ugly and unhealthy. Then he plants it in the most unfertile soil he can find and denies it sun and rain. THen, seeing that his seed has grown into a hideous and sickly plant, he throws it into a lake of fire where it will suffer for ages beyond time.

ANd you wanna WORSHIP this fuck?
now you know why god repeatedly insists that you 'fear' him in the old testament
i have nothing against religion, christianity or any other faith but the idea of a judgemental god who also controls fate is ridiculous and offensive.

If you believe in hell, ask yourself why you wierdo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

Re: your all going to hell! [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2474411 - 03/25/04 07:38 PM (20 years, 26 days ago)

When I asked a devout Christian about this he said that if they (those not enlightened to Christianity- like a hunter gatherer society in the middle of nowhere) were meant to find Christ, they would somehow find the way of Christ. He said that on Judgement day God would not judge them as harshly since they didn't have access to the Bible like I do in the United States, but they would still go to hell.

I agree, I think it's ridiculous too, though sometimes I do have bouts of fear that I might go to hell.

OfflineGeeno
    #2474442 - 03/25/04 07:45 PM (20 years, 26 days ago)

Its like a conductor, he doesnt control the instruments he just gets the music movin.

I think unless youre seriously misguided in a destructive or negative way, you just need to have your heart in the right place.

Edited by Geeno (03/25/04 07:48 PM)

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: your all going to hell! [Re: Geeno]
    #2474835 - 03/25/04 09:28 PM (20 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Geeno said:
Its like a conductor, he doesnt control the instruments he just gets the music movin.

I think unless youre seriously misguided in a destructive or negative way, you just need to have your heart in the right place.

:thumbup:
Well put.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineFrothytooFlacid
Too Many Oils
    #2475536 - 03/26/04 12:24 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

That's right. You're all sinners! You're born sinners, you live sinners, and you'll die sinners. Better just throw yourselves into flames now cuz you got an enternity of it ahead of you.

*spits in mankinds general direction*

--------------------
There is more.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: your all going to hell! [Re: FrothytooFlacid]
    #2475769 - 03/26/04 03:03 AM (20 years, 25 days ago)

*wipes spit off eyes*

Well i say fuck it. If we make it to heaven great, if we burn in hell what are you gonna do about it?? Last time i heard it was all ment to be wasn't it? So we were born into a life dictated by some ego-head that needs worshipping if not, we burn. So what? Thats where the phrase "Lifes a Bitch" comes from. C'mon with all those criminals in hell it wont belong before someone finds a way to sell drugs. AND THEN WE HAVE DRUGS!  :tongue2: We will burn in the lake of fire but at least we would be high most of the time. And i would probably get used to the pain after awhile so what else are we gonna do down there. PLus i don't think i would have much friends in heaven anyway.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom