Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCLIT
Stranger
is the ouija board a crock?
    #24753163 - 11/01/17 10:39 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Doesn't Hasbro own the patent to it, therefore, is it simply a toy and no historical context regarding its "magical" uses? Is the tarot card more realistic considering it's astrological-based?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

Re: is the ouija board a crock? [Re: CLIT]
    #24753292 - 11/01/17 11:55 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

The original instructions state that the device is to be used by a Boy and a Girl together, so if you're not doing it right you can't expect the advertised results.

Edited by Buster_Brown (11/02/17 12:09 AM)

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
Re: is the ouija board a crock? [Re: Buster_Brown]
    #24756179 - 11/03/17 05:23 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

So there's really nothing magical about the ouija other than it's just a toy? Is it just a "board game" version of truth and dare?

OfflineThePump
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: uk Flag
    #24756300 - 11/03/17 08:33 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

some people believe the ouija board is not something to mess around with as djinn or negative entities can come through and possibly attach to you and so on.

--------------------

OnlineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: is the ouija board a crock? [Re: ThePump]
    #24756398 - 11/03/17 10:03 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

The Ouija board is a crutch for people trying to develop channeling abilities. Once you have them, you won't need it, communicatioin goes fluidly.

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLIC YOU  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: is the ouija board a crock? [Re: CLIT] * 1
    #24759002 - 11/04/17 01:02 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Ouija (Yes-yes in French and German) is a scaffold for an inner intention. It has been documented to have caused real psychic problems for people, things that pass from psychology into metaphysical areas. One is saying 'yes-yes' to the influx (from parts unknown), or parasitical autonomous complexes (in psychological terms) or demons/dybbuks/elementals from an occult perspective. The utilization of ideomotor unconscious processes can be employed in hypnotherapy with the intention of eliciting helpful intuitive responses, or this process can apparently result in what is caused demonic oppression and possession if the intention is to communicate with unknowns. Whether one considers these unknowns to be psychological or occult origin is of no matter because they operate autonomously from the ego personality and are experienced as an 'other.'

Both psychology and occultism describe these phenomena, which are identical in effect. However, in documented cases of possession, psychological methods of treatment have fallen short and religious methods have more often been successfully employed. The classic movie The Exorcist was based in large on the book Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin, about 5 documented cases of demonic possession in the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (11/05/17 01:29 PM)

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: is the ouija board a crock? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #24760049 - 11/04/17 09:31 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I don't believe it is a CROCK at all... I would recommend NOT MESSING with one at all.

It is not a door I ever want to open.

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

Invisible7even
deceased

Loc: hell
Re: is the ouija board a crock? [Re: Threads from God89]
    #24760478 - 11/05/17 01:55 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I bought this homemade one from a guy on craigslist. He made it out of birchwood and printed on it. That's all it takes to have a  working ouija board. I've only had it for a couple days before I had to pass it on to someone else. You try sleeping with this thing in your room!

Take a close look at it:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#24761363 - 11/05/17 01:27 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Threads from God89 said:
I don't believe it is a CROCK at all... I would recommend NOT MESSING with one at all.

Good for you! I want to know who (or what!) I'm inviting into my life.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: is the ouija board a crock? [Re: 7even]
    #24761365 - 11/05/17 01:28 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BLACKXIII said:
I bought this homemade one from a guy on craigslist. He made it out of birchwood and printed on it. That's all it takes to have a  working ouija board. I've only had it for a couple days before I had to pass it on to someone else. You try sleeping with this thing in your room!

Take a close look at it:

Care to elaborate?

--------------------

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #24769220 - 11/08/17 02:52 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

If in fact the ouija board is to be played by a male and a female, I would assume the psychological aspect of it would come down to the "id" (ego/super ego). What I'm trying to say is that the so called possession is nothing more that the stupid games people play with each other, disguised as something from or caused by the "ouija". The so called communication you speak of can happen as "non verbal communication" does occur on a daily basis. If we saw each other in the bar, we kinda know how we both were feeling, etc. without saying a word. If we were to have the ouija in the picture, we could easily point blame to it, should things go "crazy".

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Ouija (Yes-yes in French and German) is a scaffold for an inner intention. It has been documented to have caused real psychic problems for people, things that pass from psychology into metaphysical areas. One is saying 'yes-yes' to the influx (from parts unknown), or parasitical autonomous complexes (in psychological terms) or demons/dybbuks/elementals from an occult perspective. The utilization of ideomotor unconscious processes can be employed in hypnotherapy with the intention of eliciting helpful intuitive responses, or this process can apparently result in what is caused demonic oppression and possession if the intention is to communicate with unknowns. Whether one considers these unknowns to be psychological or occult origin is of no matter because they operate autonomously from the ego personality and are experienced as an 'other.'

Both psychology and occultism describe these phenomena, which are identical in effect. However, in documented cases of possession, psychological methods of treatment have fallen short and religious methods have more often been successfully employed. The classic movie The Exorcist was based in large on the book Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin, about 5 documented cases of demonic possession in the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

OfflineCLIT
Stranger
    #24769224 - 11/08/17 02:54 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Even the one made by hasbro?

Quote:

Threads from God89 said:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#24769550 - 11/08/17 05:24 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Your's is too simple a reductionism. I do not want to seem arrogant here, but I have spent the last 4 decades studying the unconscious, almost a decade undergoing Jungian analysis (which supersedes the Freudian categories you named), and almost 3 full decades practicing as a clinical hypnotherapist. Additionally, I was taught parapsychology by J.B. Rhine co-researcher Bob Brier. The phenomenon of 'psychic parasitism,' which can be carried from house to house by a practicer of Ouija long after the board and planchette have been discarded is something one can read numerous case studies on.

If you are reducing the phenomenon to unconscious processes, you may also conceive of consciousness (including the unconscious) in a materialistic fashion as a 'thing' inside of you and a 'thing' inside of me, instead of conceiving consciousness as behaving AS IF it occupies ALL of space-time seamlessly and simultaneously. Just like swimming through different temperature gradients in the ocean, or having less salty water flowing into more densely salt water, consciousness has its variations. A tornado seems like a 'thing' too, but it is really a localized vortex of the same atmosphere which surrounds it. An autonomous complex in the unconscious behaves like a 'thing' also, and is made distinct from the rest of the psyche by a constellation of related emotions around a specific cognitive theme. When one enters into a complex, there is a cookie-cutter, repeatable reactive state of mind that individuals are suddenly seized by. (This reminds me of the term "reactive mind" in Dianetics™, and it may mean the same thing, complexes). If you know someone well, or are in therapeutic relationship, you can see the change. It's like swimming through a cold spot in the ocean, the quality changes. Suddenly a whole theme of discourse opens up with the same emotional tone that goes with it.

Now an autonomous complex is NOT the same thing as a sub-personality in someone with Dissociative Identity Disorder (D.I.D.), formerly called Multiple Personality. The differences in a person with D.I.D are often profound, with different voices, different bodily postures, different verbal expressions, and very different behaviors. Psychiatry often wanted to reduce possession in the occult sense to D.I.D, but sometimes there are paranormal manifestations, synchronicities, parapsychological functions like telepathy and even psychokinesis (things move, sometimes violently). Movies like Carrie, The Exorcist, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Amityville Horror are loosely based on these documented phenomena. The production of The Exorcist apparently constellated paranormal phenomena and caused real problems with people when it came out. So did the original film Poltergeist (where actual human skeletons were used)! If interested, read Malachi Martin's book. The Exorcist was based on it. Martin turned his exorcist over to psychiatrist M. Scott Peck (author of The Road Less Travelled and others), and documented some of his experiences in Glimpses of the Devil.

Today I read an article on dowsing using a dowsing rod. Often dismissed immediately, or reduced to ideomotor processes dependent on the unconscious (like the pendulum), my best friend's father, an electrical engineer, was long fascinated by the effect even though he had no model for understanding it. Many people attest to its efficacy, yet it is usually dismissed simply because there is no adequate model in either objective, empirical terms or in subjective, psychological terms. However, both physical and psychic processes exist together is space-time, and I surmise that psychic reality is not produced by biological systems but rather received by nervous systems embedded in biological beings. That said, the psychic and the physical both exist independently of human beings (most people affirm the independent existence of physical reality, but somehow deny the independent existence of psychical reality). If we extend the premiss that space-time is psychophysical instead of just physical (a sort of panpsychism), the existence of psychical entities (from the angelic to the infernal) become real possibilities in that model.

--------------------

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (11/09/17 03:18 AM)

OfflineThreads from God89
Pioneer.......
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #24769980 - 11/08/17 08:44 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I will say Thank You MarkostheGnostic for the great and real wisdom you share on these forums.....  Men like you are the reason I frequent the Shroomery. 

Many Thanks Sir,   

:rockon:

--------------------
Admirer of Bushido....... Seeker of Truth, and Knowledge.

I Will Keep the Fire going,  and the Good Wolf fed.......

( We Are All Threads from God.)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#24770643 - 11/09/17 03:14 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Threads from God89 said:
I will say Thank You MarkostheGnostic for the great and real wisdom you share on these forums.....  Men like you are the reason I frequent the Shroomery. 

Many Thanks Sir,   

:rockon:

You are too kind. Thank you for your vote of confidence God89. :cheers:

--------------------

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

Loc: PA Flag
    #24770649 - 11/09/17 03:19 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Lol why would tarot cards be accurate because their based on astrology? It's all a bunch of crock

--------------------

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

#24770650 - 11/09/17 03:20 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

Threads from God89 said:

Good for you! I want to know who (or what!) I'm inviting into my life.

You're inviting fantasy

--------------------

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: is the ouija board a crock? [Re: TempestDnB]
    #24770654 - 11/09/17 03:24 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Your response is non sequitur.

--------------------

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

#24770669 - 11/09/17 04:01 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I would love to be proven wrong, I'm always open to it. It's hard to take things like this seriously when you're not living in the 1920s and you have access to the internet.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #24770708 - 11/09/17 05:06 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

"That said, the psychic and the physical both exist independently of human beings (most people affirm the independent existence of physical reality, but somehow deny the independent existence of psychical reality). If we extend the premiss that space-time is psychophysical instead of just physical (a sort of panpsychism), the existence of psychical entities (from the angelic to the infernal) become real possibilities in that model."
A Gem of Truth you shared here ! Thank you :heart:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism