Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleinbetween
addict
Loc: maps
Is masterbation morally wrong?
    #247522 - 11/19/99 01:35 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Is masterbation telling the universe "I am not getting enough sex so I am going to take matters in to my own hands"? Does doing so somehow deprive nature (fate) from running its course?

--------------------
my vocabulary did this to me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Is masterbation morally wrong? [Re: inbetween]
    #247523 - 11/19/99 01:49 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

No I don't think its morally wrong.I think its just a religious attitude that attaches guilt to any kind of sexuality or sexual desire.Sexual desire is normal its a natural thing ,to put my own twist on something George Carlin said"If nature had intended for us not to masterbate it would have made our arms shorter".

------------------
"Were bigger than Jesus Christ right now..."
-John Lennon(1966)

Anonymous

#247524 - 11/19/99 02:07 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I agree with Parker, it's only natural, hell it probably even "practice" you know?

Basically things that make you feel good (in any way -- drugs, masturbation, etc.) should definitely NOT be allowed, according to most organized religions. That's right, we should all be boring people who don't do anything, I think that would satisfy the people who condemn the good things in life. People do ridiculous things "in the name of religion" -- I believe in God, because really, *someone* had to create everything, but why the hell would people hurt or otherwise endanger themselves because "that's what God wants" ?! There's this one family that lives around here, where the females are *not* allowed to wear pants at all, only skirts or dresses. Now we have subzero temperatures every winter, and the daughter of this family had a paper route and was telling how one time at around 5:00 in the morning on one winter morning, she decided to wear long-johns under a skirt to try to keep warm. Although she was warm, she claimed that she felt *really* guilty for wearing them, so she ended up taking them off for the rest of the paper route (she walked) and she FELT BETTER. Do people HONESTLY believe that the only reason we are on earth is because God wants us to SUFFER ?!

This world is getting WAY too ridiculous and out of *hand*, so put whatever you want in that *hand* and have your way with it!!! :smile:

------------------
Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #247525 - 11/19/99 07:14 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

heinlein sez the thing about solo sex is that it's so lonely...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#247526 - 11/19/99 08:27 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, solo sex is just that. Solo. This activity is made for two, but that doesn't mean that it is immoral to do it by yourself. I mean, with this logic, why isn't shooting freethrows in the backyard immoral? I mean, basketball is a sport for 2+ people. Is practicing your freethrow a sin? No. Personally I think that the dogma of Christianity is so self defeating, that it is hardly worth mentioning. Look at catholics. When they have sex it is a sin to wear a condom. But because they can't masturbate they're having sex ALL THE TIME and that leads to more little catholics running around, not masturbating and fornicating like rabbits (ad. infinum).

Here's my suggestion. Take some trip-time and go into your mind with the intention of figuring out where all of your social inhibitions originated. Then, decide systematically, which inhibitions you wish to keep and which you want to throw away. Tripping is twice as good as a pychoanalyst.
Ish

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #247527 - 11/18/99 10:08 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Ishmael, "practicing your freethrow" is now my new expression.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

#247528 - 11/18/99 10:35 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

If masterbation is a sin then we will all meet in hell. Anyone who says they have never done it is lying. I believe that masterbation can be abused, just like drugs, but it also can do good (just like drugs). I am also a strong believer that organized religion wants us to do nothing that feels good or is fun except to drop money in the plate when it passes by.

------------------
I am not a human being having a spiritual experience, I am a spiritual being having a human experience.

Offlineyounger now
old hand
    #247529 - 11/19/99 11:12 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Sex, whether with a partner or alone, is one of the best feelings in the world. Therefore, Religion feels the need to control it. If we feel too good while we are alive, then the church can not use the idea of a better afterlife to make us behave as they say.Hey, before the universe was created, you know, before the big bang, does anyone ever wonder if God masterbated ? Perhaps the Big Bang was God's first procreative act, and since God must have been alone.....Just a thought.

------------------
"MY BRAIN HURTS !!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"My Brain Hurts!!!!".....Monty Python :crazy:

OfflineRainbow
addict
    #247530 - 11/19/99 12:10 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Humans aren't the only animals that masturbate, monkeys do, seal do, all sorts of animals do. If they can do it so can I (or you).

OfflinePrimate
former addict
 User Gallery

#247531 - 11/19/99 02:08 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

no it isn,t immoral :smile:

-Primate

------------------
~~"Oh, welcome to this world of fools, of pink champagne and swimming pools, where all you have to lose is your virginity. Perhaps you'll have some fun tonight, so stick around and take a bite...of life. We don't need feebleness in this proximity"~~

--------------------
"Power to the peaceful"

-Micheal Franti and Spearhead

Anonymous

#247532 - 11/19/99 02:40 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

masterbation can be addicting and if you feel its wrong u shouldnt do it quiting is good for will power

Anonymous

#247533 - 11/19/99 03:55 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Breathing is also addicive, but I don't see anyone giving that up early.

Invisibleinbetween
addict
Loc: maps
    #247534 - 11/20/99 12:06 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I orginally intended to post something like, "forget the christians, what do you think?" but I didn't for some reason and almost every response had to do with the Christian "teaching" on the subject. "Morally wrong" is a loaded term in itself, so I got what I deserved. I was asking whether or not anyone's personal moral scheme found masterbation some how less than pure. I have always been curious if masterbation effects the energy system in the body. It regulates itself through wet dreams if too much gets backed up so its not like you will explode from too much stored semen or anything. I have also heard that if your don't masterbate for a long period of time, you start to give off a ferimone (sp) that makes you more sexually attractive to the opposite sex (maybe same sex too, I don't know, probably depends on preference). Anyway, I couldn't give a rat's ass if Christians say it is wrong. I'm not sure for myself, and don't think less of anyone that does it. Lord knows I've done the deed enough growing up.
So if anyone has any input, I'd like to hear it.

--------------------
my vocabulary did this to me

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#247535 - 11/20/99 02:28 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Well, according to Eastern religion, Chi can be manipulated through masterbation and is seen as a sort of unessicary form of energy expulsion. Many people whom do not masturbate compulsively say they feel more 'frisky', so I suppose if you put credence in the idea of Chi, this could be a problem. As for pheremones, I think the number was like 70 or 80% of human pheremones originate in the arm-pit area, and since we have elaborate systems (e.g deodorant and antiperspirant) to mask our odor, we also, by and large mask our pheremones. So unless you want to drop the deodorant...I suggest you forget it.

OfflineBurnt
Pooh-Bah
    #247536 - 11/20/99 04:20 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

masterbating is good its damn healthy and feel damn good

------------------
LSD is good for me

InvisibleLittle Shroom
Resident Faerie
Female

Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #247537 - 11/21/99 01:07 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

You make your own morals. Therefore, something is only MORALLY wrong, if you THINK it's morally wrong. There are no standards for morals.

Peace and love,
Little Shroom

------------------
If you can't beat em', arrange to have them beaten..!

If I had ham, I could have ham and eggs, if I had some eggs.

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#247538 - 11/21/99 04:26 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Little Shroom...care to masturbate me?

(everybody check the definition of masturbation...it's manual stimulation of genitals, be it yours or someone else's)

------------------
Listen to Captain Jack.
http://www.mp3.com/captainjack99/

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Anonymous

#247539 - 11/22/99 12:02 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

One time I was on a ranch and I saw a bull fucking a gopher hole!! I laughed my ass off. Especially when I thought about the poor little gopher who's home got flooded.

Just think about a surprised little gopher running around completely soaked with bull cum. HA HA HA!!!

Anonymous

#247540 - 11/22/99 03:23 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Little Shroom, when is it immoral (even a "sin") to pour water out on the ground?

Answer: When you're out in the middle of a freaking desert, and there ain't no oasis on the horizion.

See, morality has a number of sides to it. And one of those sides encompasses survival. What are often percieved now as arbitrary rules, quite often had a survival basis. They were culturally mandated behavior, because following that type of behavior upped the chances for you, your family, even your entire community. Conversely, going against the grain might be anti-survival...if enough people didn't follow the code, your enire community might suffer. Even go down in flames. And then where were you? Cause throughout human history, just about the worst thing that could happen to anybody was to be without community. And one of the worst punishments possible was to be cast out from your family/group/clan/tribe. Then you had to try making a go of it all by your lonesome self. And that happened, the odds were seriously stacked against you back then.

It's a differnt situation today, true. The vital importance of community for individual survial has been markedly lessened in the last few centuries.

But who's to say that will always be the case? Conditions deteriorate enough, it might be that the tribe will come back to the fore. And if that's the case, survival in the future might very well mandate the acceptance of certain codes of morality.

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#247541 - 11/22/99 04:45 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I think that you're confusing morality with stupidity. If you're in the middle of the desert and you dump out your water, you arn't immoral (presumably you think it is because it is tantamount to commiting suicide; the big one of all immoralities), you're a goddamn idiot. But there is a whole other topic already going devoted to morality, its Which came first? You'll find we already covered alot of this same material.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag