Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Tips on transition from tobacco to vape?
    #24747824 - 10/30/17 04:22 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Long time tobacco smoker, around 20 years.  Seems vaping is far less of a health concern.  Still nicotene hardens arteries and can damage the heart.  But it seems a good start.  Meds don't sound like a good idea.

I have used an e cig before.  The old ones that look like a cig.  A bit too weak for me.  I'm sick of feeling smokey and having irritation from the smoke.

Looking for a rig that lasts a long long ass time without a lot of upkeep.  There is a store that sells the gear and juice where I get my tobacco.  Cut down to about 1lb a month from 1lb 6oz.  When I was drinking a lot I would buy 2lb for awhile.

So what are some rig features and e juice tips I should keep in mind?

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkyteg970
Stranger

Re: Tips on transition from tobacco to vape? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24748027 - 10/30/17 06:18 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

The Wismec Reuleaux RX200S Box Mod worked great for my girl. It takes three batteries and you don't NEED a separate charger although seperate chargers work better. Uses a 5-10 thread so you can put an rda or a tank. Smok tanks work pretty well. And the Sapor rda seems to work well. Bottom vents suck they leak all over Sapor has top vent. A 6mg juice on a rda will hit you harder than any high mg juice in a shitty half ass rig. All about the coils and cotton. Japanese cotton seemed best. Nicrome wire worked fine for us. Higher amp batteries were best. Now we only use the box for the kiln (hash attachment) and no longer use any nicotine thanks to these box mods. Started on a 12-6-3-1.5-0 then quit. Good luck

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tips on transition from tobacco to vape? [Re: Skyteg970]
    #24748080 - 10/30/17 06:40 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks.  Lot's of this is new to me.  How long did it take for each mg step you took?

--------------------

OfflineSkyteg970
Stranger

#24748753 - 10/31/17 12:09 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

12mg was one bottle. 6mg was about 3 months. 3mg about 6 months 1.5 about 6 months. 0mg only about a month.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tips on transition from tobacco to vape? [Re: Skyteg970]
    #24750197 - 10/31/17 05:48 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I would suggest a SMOK alien 220W box, it comes as a kit with a tank for like 60$. I bought one when my old box went to the viking funeral my car prepared for itself. I am quite happy with this purchase.

If you are new to vaping, or fairly new, I would stay away from RDAs. Sure, they're a little cheaper, but it takes a little while to get the hang of building your own coils. The SMOK alien is ready to use out of the box. You'll have to buy new coils every 3-8 weeks depending on juice, at about 3-5$ a pop.

I would, personally, not recommend the box mentioned above. Not for any quality issues, my buddy has one and it's a great box, but solely because it uses three batteries. Most charges are designed in a 2 by 2 layout, and you generally want to "marry" the batteries you use in your ecig, i.e. don't mix and match every time. Three battery mods add headaches for keeping track of which batteries go with which. That's my buddy's singular complaint about the guy recommended above.

Personally, when I quit (was at about 2 packs a day) I got myself one of those stick ecigs I think you're talking about, and it wasn't enough, even though I was going through 1-2ml of 36mg juice every day. Getting a full size box mod was what got me to switch to vape only, because of the increased throat hit and vapor production. It *felt* like smoking a cigarette, not like some kind of bullshit replacement. I also immediately dropped to 6mg juice, because 36mg in a box is a bit like bringing a rocket launcher on your pheasant hunt.

With the box, I'm down to 3mg juice, and I go through maybe 3-5 ml of juice per day. I have to admit, going from high nic to low nic juice is easy, the hardest part is going from low nic to zero nic.

Also, there's an Ecig forum under the user created forums at the bottom, and it's somewhat active. Join us!

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Tips on transition from tobacco to vape? [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #24750234 - 10/31/17 06:10 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

You can get off tobacco with nicotine vape and then get on nicotine free liquid.

Smoking is 1 part physical addiction and 2 parts habit. Once you knock out the habit the nicotine kicking won't be so hard.

Vaping never did shit for me though. Personally I think cold turkey is about the only option for me.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tips on transition from tobacco to vape? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24752525 - 11/01/17 05:23 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Smoking is 1 part physical addiction and 2 parts habit.

Yes. This is why I couldn't get off cigs with traditional nicotine replacement therapy (NRTs) like gum and patches. Vape feeds the action of stepping outside, inhaling some hot~ish air, and blowing out smoke. Other NRTs just don't feed the psychological habit of smoking.

Your mileage may vary.

Edited by Kryptos (11/01/17 05:23 PM)

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Tips on transition from tobacco to vape? [Re: Kryptos]
    #24752605 - 11/01/17 05:58 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I'm thinking I'll definitely need to replace the habit with some other habit but anything that mimics smoking just makes not smoking unbearable for me.

I usually binge eat like crazy when I go without smoking.
Thinking it might help to buy a bunch of celery and carrots...

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Offlinedusty_boots
    #24753740 - 11/02/17 09:00 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I'm pretty new to vaping myself, under 6 months. I still haven't kicked cigarettes completely but getting there. I think you're going to have to find a juice flavor you really like to stay away from cigs/tobacco. I've been having a hard time finding a juice I can vape all day, there's basically an infinite choice of flavors. I get bored with the same old flavor and have to switch up throughout the day. I like a sweet/bakery/dessert type flavor in the morning with my coffee and switch to a tobacco flavor for the afternoon and evening.

I've got a couple different setups so far, I started with a Kangertech Subvod pen style unit at first, works pretty good and real simple to use, battery doesn't last all day for me though.
I also have 2 other box style mods with replaceable batteries, one of them is a SMOK brand AL85 kit, I really like this little thing, fairly easy to use and been solid and hits nice lasts all day and then some. Replaceable battery and lot of customizable settings. Nice selection of different coils for the tank too.
My last purchased unit is a bigger nice Limitless box mod Arms Race and I have a SMOK tank for it, solid well built heavy duty mod. Takes 2 batteries and lasts all day and then some, really simple easy to use mod, this one is the mod I use the most.

In all honesty, if you're going to get a vape, I would shop around and purchase something online. You'll probably find something way cheaper and maybe on sale. In my experience so far, the local vape shops charge a lot for all the hardware in the store. Their house juice is reasonably priced, but you can definitely find cheaper online.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tips on transition from tobacco to vape? [Re: dusty_boots]
    #24754700 - 11/02/17 04:28 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Too many options online.  Going to the tobacco/& vape store tomarrow.  If it's crazy expensive I may just go online. 

The thing about the store is I can ask very specific questions from pros. They have tobacco as cheap as online without shipping costs added, so hopefuly the vapes are good.

Planning full withdrawal lf combustion.  I do have 2 6oz bags of tobacco unopened and a few ounces of opened.  Also got 2 new pipes in the spring, one corn cob pipe and a briar pipe.

Really tired of the smoke, the flavor sucks!  Bitter to just plain awful and very irritating.  Surely I will miss how it sucks.  Like being addicted to pain.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24756921 - 11/03/17 02:30 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Bought the goodies today.  A Subvod.  It seems to have a bottom vent and I haven't had issues but it's new.  Got coffee 12mg, 30ml and strawberry 12mg 30ml and two extra coils.

Seems I am happy so far.  It hits like a champ and actually has a positive feeling which tobacco has not given in a long time.  Well, sometimes good cigs do but it's also a bad feeling with all the crud that smoking brings along.

I can feel my body cleansing already.  A big part of wanting to smoke was that smoke numbs the cruddy feelings.  Let's hope I wake up tomorrow and adjust well!

Really looking forward to the future of being smokeless.  Maybe even without nicotine in time.  Getting some years behind me and distance from combustion.

I remember my first cig.  At a friends house, jr high.  A rich kid he was.  I felt bad about it but it was easy.  Dad smoked.  Dad died from smoking, drinking and diabetes.  That always scared me but not as much for a time as the loss of freedom encountered during withdrawal.  I really lose function.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being