Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Loc: USA
Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! * 3
    #24743955 - 10/28/17 05:45 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I just wanted to announce that I will no longer post news articles in the headlines section. Due to recent fallout with my dominating that forum, to keep the peace I'm done. I may post news that I find interesting here in the pub. Unless a moderator let's me know that is not acceptable. In which case, I will just stop posting news in general.

I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I just enjoyed posting, what I thought were interesting articles for the community. My bad.

Please enjoy the new, tiberjuggaligger-free headlines forum!

--------------------

Kirk: What does God need with a starship?
McCoy: Jim, what are you doing?
Kirk: I'm asking a question.
"God": Who is this creature?
Kirk: Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?
Sybok: He has his doubts.
"God": You doubt me?
Kirk: I seek proof.
McCoy: Jim! You don't ask the Almighty for his ID

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #24743973 - 10/28/17 05:51 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't take it that personally there's always people who you won't get along with no matter what type of posts you make. Anyway I'm not sure what makes a good drug article good and what's bad. I even think the misinformed articles are fun to read and laugh at. If they don't like you posts they can ignore you but just keep posting how you want to post.

--------------------

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: searching] * 1
    #24743994 - 10/28/17 05:58 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Don't be butthurt you kept posting old articles or some straight bs.  Don't go hide in your own forum just be more careful what you post :shrug:

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: PreparationH]
    #24744021 - 10/28/17 06:12 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I'm definitely not that butt hurt about it. I just wanted to be a smart ass about it and I must say, mission accomplished. :grin:

It seems safer to just pub it from here on, then the haters can't hate and all is well. Plus plenty of room for their "important" news articles here after.

Maybe I am a slight bit butt hurt. :wink:

Also I must say there were numerous articles of substance and many that weren't old, already posted. True, there were some that were bs but that was only a small portion of what i posted.

I also got a kick out of how ludicrous some of them were.

--------------------

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: Tiberjuggaligger]
    #24744027 - 10/28/17 06:16 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

RIP Shroomery News Service

--------------------

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: Near Dylan]
    #24744031 - 10/28/17 06:20 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

:whathesaid:

I'm interested in seeing just how quickly it moves along without my presence.

--------------------

OfflineFlyOnTheWall
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: Tiberjuggaligger] * 1
    #24744076 - 10/28/17 06:45 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I think you should keep posting. For years Veggie posted most of the articles and nobody had a problem with it.

If you want to get really serious about it you should start using google alerts. Set them up to find all the drug related content and you will be the king of the news forum.

https://www.google.com/alerts

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
    #24744081 - 10/28/17 06:46 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe you could get posting privileges in the town dump.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: FlyOnTheWall]
    #24744113 - 10/28/17 07:10 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FlyOnTheWall said:
I think you should keep posting. For years Veggie posted most of the articles and nobody had a problem with it.

If you want to get really serious about it you should start using google alerts. Set them up to find all the drug related content and you will be the king of the news forum.

Issue is not that he spam posted articles, issue was that he was spam posting articles and many of them were poor quality and/or general propaganda nonsense.

Not that I had a particular issue with it. Most news us sub par bs.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflineFlyOnTheWall
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 1
    #24744129 - 10/28/17 07:25 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Quote:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Issue is not that he spam posted articles, issue was that he was spam posting articles and many of them were poor quality and/or general propaganda nonsense.

Not that I had a particular issue with it. Most news us sub par bs.

Ahh, I see.

Yeah, I agree that most news regarding drugs is usually propaganda type BS. I just figured that was to be expected.

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: FlyOnTheWall] * 1
    #24744161 - 10/28/17 07:50 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

As I've explained to a few people in other threads and a couple of private messages, I posted the propaganda pieces so the community would experience the outrage that I felt and also so we could be educated about the latest set of bs to be spewed from the cesspool of stupidity. Just in case they ran across someone spewing it in real life, they would have a baseline to refute and educate that person. I meant no harm, though I can understand how it can become annoying to be bombarded by it constantly.

I will look into google alerts, sounds interesting.

I will say that I have seen a few articles posted that I was going to post myself and no one said anything to the ops of those articles regarding quality. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that those ops were not dominating the forum as I was. That really seem to be a sticking point for a few people, that I was posting so very many articles. But come on, squirrel eats mushrooms? Was that really headlines worthy? Not that I was going to post it but, no one chewed that op for such a silly news article.

I don't know community, but this has really been a turn off for me. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineFlyOnTheWall
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: Tiberjuggaligger] * 1
    #24744174 - 10/28/17 08:01 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I think it's really weird anybody had a problem with it. I like coming here and reading the news people post. :shrug:

I feel like most the articles that have always been posted have a been propagandaish. That is the nature of most drug related news.

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: FlyOnTheWall] * 1
    #24744236 - 10/28/17 08:34 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I know what you mean, the headlines section was always one of my favorites over the years, before I created an account. I remember reading an interesting article before I joined and thinking, I would post this if I were a member. Perhaps my enthusiasm got the better of me? :shrug:

Looking back over my view counts on the news I've posted, it seems, with several hundred views on each article, that maybe I shouldn't let these few haters get to me. I mean, evidently many many people read them with no problem to speak of. I'm open to constructive criticism, even though some of it was definitely not constructive, and can take a suggestion.

I don't know though, I'm still not sure, I am still off my tee about it at the moment.

--------------------

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #24744251 - 10/28/17 08:42 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Just keep posting interesting news,who cares what some moron thinks about it

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#24744298 - 10/28/17 08:59 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Yea u over did it man

But it's all good cuz u apologized for it even tho u didn't have to. right now u are a bigger man than all of these other pussies who don't know shit about jack shit.

:manofapproval:

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

OfflineBlabble40
Scorpio

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: zZZz] * 1
    #24744318 - 10/28/17 09:07 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quite a shame. I sort of enjoyed the influx, as the section had been rather slow a few months ago, and I enjoyed reading the news. Although, if anything, it might be harder to find the good, relevant, important articles now that there was increased traffic.

--------------------

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Loc: tromaville
Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: Blabble40]
    #24744340 - 10/28/17 09:19 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Well don't quit posting news, maybe just filter through and pick the best ones? :shrug:

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: RockyRaccoon]
    #24744353 - 10/28/17 09:31 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

To one of the complainers, I suggested that we might ask for a new feature I'm calling auto-sticky. It would sticky the "important" articles to tge top of the healines section for a set number of days/hours before releasing them. That way those articles could get the deserved spotlight time, while allowing regular articles to be posted below them, flowing normally. It would require moderators to verify what is "important" enough to warrant the use of the feature. It would resolve this issue completely.

--------------------

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: RockyRaccoon]
    #24744366 - 10/28/17 09:40 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RockyRaccoon said:
Well don't quit posting news, maybe just filter through and pick the best ones? :shrug:

I typically posted the articles as I read them. The only way to filter as you suggest is to read them over the course of the day, either leave all the articles open in separate tabs or bookmark them, then go back at some point and figure out what is ok to post. As you can see this is not feasible, it would be easier to not post news at all.

--------------------

InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

Loc: TX
    #24744375 - 10/28/17 09:46 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Read maybe ten articles, and post the best one out of those. And maybe don't post the mind numbing ones like "Marijuana linked to increased sex". Also, don't post so much so the newer articles can stay on the first page for a while so everyone can read it.

It's not unreasonable to hold a higher standard around here.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24744394 - 10/28/17 09:55 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tiberjuggaligger said:
To one of the complainers, I suggested that we might ask for a new feature I'm calling auto-sticky. It would sticky the "important" articles to tge top of the healines section for a set number of days/hours before releasing them. That way those articles could get the deserved spotlight time, while allowing regular articles to be posted below them, flowing normally. It would require moderators to verify what is "important" enough to warrant the use of the feature. It would resolve this issue completely.

Good luck finding a mod that wants to read and monitor all the articles in the news section and singularly decide what's important every day. Or even once a week.

You could post a suggestion in that forum I call the suggestion and announcements section. I don't recall what exactly it's called... Website feedback maybe.

I agree that a good compromise would be a self imposed limit though.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: ONE OZ SLUG]
    #24744398 - 10/28/17 09:58 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ONE OZ SLUG said:
Read maybe ten articles, and post the best one out of those. And maybe don't post the mind numbing ones like "Marijuana linked to increased sex". Also, don't post so much so the newer articles can stay on the first page for a while so everyone can read it.

It's not unreasonable to hold a higher standard around here.

I didn't post marijuana linked to increased sex, that was someone else, also I don't post squirrel eats mushrooms and no one read those posters the right act.

I think my initial response was the right way to go. Just stop posting news, period. You guys want articles of a certain type posted, no one is stopping you from posting them, so get to it.

It really seems like some of you folks want me to cater to your whims about how and what type and when news should be posted. That doesn't seem fair.

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#24744402 - 10/28/17 10:00 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Chillax dawg :cool:

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24744407 - 10/28/17 10:02 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Quote:

Tiberjuggaligger said:

Good luck finding a mod that wants to read and monitor all the articles in the news section and singularly decide what's important every day. Or even once a week.

You could post a suggestion in that forum I call the suggestion and announcements section. I don't recall what exactly it's called... Website feedback maybe.

I agree that a good compromise would be a self imposed limit though.

I like you, you seem to have a good, level head on your shoulders. I know it would be difficult, if not impossible to find a mod to take on the task. It would be great if it were to happen though.

I have self imposed a limit, no more posting there period, it's the simplest way of making sure the I'm not stepping on toes.

No big deal to me, really.

--------------------

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: zZZz]
    #24744413 - 10/28/17 10:05 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
Chillax dawg :cool:

It's cool bro, I'm not upset, a little irritated with what ONE OZ SLUG had to say, but not upset.

--------------------

InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

#24744417 - 10/28/17 10:05 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Well, shows you how much I pay attention :shrug:

I'm only trying to tell you less is more. Although you are free to choose whether you post news articles or not, you should keep in mind that it's a public forum available to its members and many, many guests. It's for everyone, not just the person who posts the most. If people want less articles but higher quality, then they're entitled to it.

InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

#24744418 - 10/28/17 10:06 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

LOL, what? What the hell got you so irritated about my post? You say you're not butthurt, but I'm finding that a little difficult to believe that you're not at least somewhat moved by the recent criticism about you lately. Just take a break, my dude. You'll be alright.

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: ONE OZ SLUG]
    #24744424 - 10/28/17 10:12 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ONE OZ SLUG said:
LOL, what? What the hell got you so irritated about my post? You say you're not butthurt, but I'm finding that a little difficult to believe that you're not at least somewhat moved by the recent criticism about you lately. Just take a break, my dude. You'll be alright.

Saying I posted things I didnt, kind of irritated me. Also, I admitted early on that I am a little butthurt about this issue, guess you could say I have a red ass about it. Especially when I feel that I have posted some decent quality news posts, then to be singled out while squirrel eats mushrooms is not slapped around for that worthy news article.

--------------------

InvisibleONE OZ SLUG
-
Male

#24744427 - 10/28/17 10:18 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I mean like I said, it just shows how much I really pay attention to the news forum. The consensus here seems to be that you post a lot and that the articles aren't exactly up to par. I said maybe dial it back a bit. Although admittedly, it was unfair of me to pin that single article on you. That's my mistake.

Hopefully you didn't miss the post above the one you quoted. Anyway, good luck to you and all your future endeavors.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24744431 - 10/28/17 10:19 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ONE OZ SLUG said:
Well, shows you how much I pay attention :shrug:

I'm only trying to tell you less is more. Although you are free to choose whether you post news articles or not, you should keep in mind that it's a public forum available to its members and many, many guests. It's for everyone, not just the person who posts the most. If people want less articles but higher quality, then they're entitled to it.

In most complaints of quality on community works the counter is well if you want something different you put up something different.

Clickbait headlines and spam posting easily drowns out alternative content though so then said users must also spam but article limits means they would also need to settle on content they're less inclined to.

If OP wanted I could put him on a post limit but that seems utterly cruel and would be restrictd by hour, not by say or whatever so that's not an option. I think we all agree OP would do best to simply tone it down and everyone would stfu and be happy.

Well that's not true, someone always has a problem with something...

A real genuine and total solution would be for the complainers to just put OP on ignore. Pretty effective way to filter content.

--------------------

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: ONE OZ SLUG] * 1
    #24744434 - 10/28/17 10:21 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

It's cool slug, no harm no foul. The posts were coming in quick enough it was hard to respond quick and properly in order. I meant no offense.

--------------------

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24744439 - 10/28/17 10:26 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, ouch cookie, post limits would be harsh, I'd rather not go that route. If it's ok, I will just refrain from posting news. Seems a win win for all concerned.

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
    #24744442 - 10/28/17 10:27 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry T. Let’s all make it a better forum.

--------------------

Rate me here

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

Re: Extra, Extra, read all about it, tiberjuggaligger has officially stopped posting in the headlines! [Re: Citizen X]
    #24744444 - 10/28/17 10:31 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

For sure citizen x, that's what we should all work towards.

Cookie crumbs, as the pub is for most any bs, would I be out of place posting interesting news articles here from time to time or would that get me in trouble as we have news forum?

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24744482 - 10/28/17 11:01 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tiberjuggaligger said:
Yeah, ouch cookie, post limits would be harsh, I'd rather not go that route. If it's ok, I will just refrain from posting news. Seems a win win for all concerned.

I really meant if that was what you wanted. Users with self restraint issues do request such things sometimes :ohwell:

Quote:

Tiberjuggaligger said:

Cookie crumbs, as the pub is for most any bs, would I be out of place posting interesting news articles here from time to time or would that get me in trouble as we have news forum?

I think you'd be totally fine doing that. Just be aware that the pub is often more openly critical. But there is also much lower article standards here I think.

You'll get alot more attention. Of both sides most likely.

Do what makes you happy man. If the staff thought there was a spamming issue the staff would tell you. And they haven't.

--------------------

OfflineTiberjuggaligger
Galaxy Creeper

#24744489 - 10/28/17 11:08 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the info cookie! Especially the part about the staff letting me know if there was a spamming issue in the news section. Makes me feel quite a bit better.
:seriousthumbsup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract