Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemickS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Anyone here have toenail fungus? My story and latest attempt
    #24740819 - 10/27/17 11:00 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I have had toenail fungus in my big toe only, for about 15 years now. Have tried everything from topical to medicines, to home treatments, vinegar, oils, grinding, all with no positive results.

I am finnally attempting to use heat from a blowdryer to try and kill the fungus. It pretty much involves putting the dryer at a distance from my toe as so it is not burning my flesh, and trying to cover the healthy tissues surrounding the nail with cardboard, etc, and letting it heat for 10 minutes or so each morning. It is said that high heats will disrupt cellular production of fungi, which are fragile at unusual temperatures. It is said to do this for about a week, though because of the length of my infection, I am going for a month straight.

Will update with results. Honestly, after 15 years of failure trying to eradicate this shit, I am not very hopeful, but heres my swan song haha

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Anyone here have toenail fungus? My story and latest attempt [Re: mick]
    #24740829 - 10/27/17 11:08 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

My bro had a bad fungus in his big toe. Called it his troll toe :lol:

He eventually pulled the nail off and treated it with garlic and tea tree oil and otherwise kept it dry and it went away.

Blow dryer is probably just gonna roast your toes and not eradicate the fungus. Might kill some of it but I doubt you're going to get all of it.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Anyone here have toenail fungus? My story and latest attempt [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24741356 - 10/27/17 03:43 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

If all else fails, you could have your toenail removed by a doctor.

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

Loc: City Z
Re: Anyone here have toenail fungus? My story and latest attempt [Re: PatrickKn] * 3
    #24741366 - 10/27/17 03:48 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I'd eat DOC until it falls off

--------------------
[center

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
Check my sig for new track
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone here have toenail fungus? My story and latest attempt [Re: mick]
    #24750803 - 10/31/17 10:39 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yeaaaa, I've had the good ole toenail fungus in one of my big toes for at least eight years.
I've been given meds from the doctor for it in the past but for some reason I never took the meds as long as I was supposed to, so the fungus was never killed.

Finally, about six months ago, I decided I'm going to finally get rid of it because my toe was starting to itch pretty badly at random times during the day.

I applied tea tree oil to my toe at least twice a day for four months straight.  The tea tree oil worked very well at treating the itching. (I also found out that tea tree oil works the best out of anything I've tried for removing ticks.  Just simply drop a few drops of tea tree oil on a tick that has bitten on to you and it should dislodge itself after a few seconds)

I then wanted to get a stronger anti-fungal drug so I went to the doctor and got prescribed a pill called Terbinafine, AKA Lamisil (the brand name version).
I've been taking this pill daily and am supposed to take it for three months total, so I only have one month left.  Doc said the effects of the drug will work for a while after I stop taking it so hopefully the fungus is gone within three months or so. 
I'm going to resume putting tea tree oil on my toe just to have a second form of attack.

Good luck with the hair dryer lol

--------------------
:musicnote: Dropped a rap track called "Ridin' in my FRS": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al6xl1xFNo4 :sunny: :musicnote::musicnote:
RIP Zombi3

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being