Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >
Invisibleherrenvolk

Re: The Biopsy Method: A different way of doing LC. [Re: Josex] * 1
    #24810807 - 11/28/17 12:58 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Josex said:
Quote:

herrenvolk said:
Quote:

Josex said:
You mean grain water like in the op? Nasty sediment and all? That could clog a syringe fast and furious I think.

Oh god I just made 10 jars of the grain LC with sediment. I have to use syringe to inoculate my bags with LC since I don't have a flowhood and they are presealed. LOL! :facepalm:

Just try not to disturb the sediment, you'll lose some goodies and some myc at the bottom though.
Or you could just pour the damn thing :cool:

Update, I aspirated the grain flour sediment LC yesterday using a syringe with a 16ga needle; myc, sediment and all. It aspirated surprisingly smoothly, I had no problems with clogs. Actually, I noticed that most of the sediment was nowhere to be seen, probably consumed by the myc by the time the LC was ready to use. Growth was observed on a few of the jars already. It's been just about 24 hours.

Another update, earlier in this thread, we were discussing shaking immediately after inoculation vs not shaking. I mentioned that my unshaken jars recovered and showed growth before the shaken jars. However, the shaken jars actually recovered 1-2 days later, and had growth uniformly through the jar. Since the shaken jars did not need to be shaken again, they actually reached full colonization 1-2 days ahead of the unshaken jars, which were shaken again at 30%.

Edited by herrenvolk (11/28/17 05:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleFungus Mountain
Poke-N-Squirt
 User Gallery

Loc: Front row @ the Freaksho...
Re: The Biopsy Method: A different way of doing LC. [Re: herrenvolk] * 1
    #24811406 - 11/28/17 12:28 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

A week since poke-n-squirt. :dancer:

--------------------
“Until they became conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious.”
George Orwell, 1984

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
Albert Einstein

InvisibleGerms
Space Force
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Biopsy Method: A different way of doing LC. [Re: Fungus Mountain]
    #24811443 - 11/28/17 12:47 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Fungus Mountain said:

My biopsy LC looks just about at that point. Gonna have to test it out on agar this week

--------------------

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #24811564 - 11/28/17 01:41 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Nice herrenvolk, glad you made it work. :thumbup:

Quote:

Fungus Mountain said:

Excellent pic, that's clean af. Usually it's impossible to tell from a pic but not this time. That's the kind of healthy puffy balls I was talking about the other day, and no cloudiness caused by bacteria.

--------------------
LC's are easy
Go big with No-pours
Clean yo shit
LAGM '21

PHENO HUNTERS

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: The Biopsy Method: A different way of doing LC. [Re: Josex]
    #24811610 - 11/28/17 02:02 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Those look so sharp. Almost makes me wanna order malt.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

InvisibleFungus Mountain
Poke-N-Squirt
 User Gallery

#24812412 - 11/28/17 07:20 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks, Josex! You did all the heavy lifting, I just followed your simple AF tek. Feel free to use the pic if it helps. Still going to give the grain broth a swing, but a lb of LME is enough for 450+ jars. So I'm good for,,,, well a lifetime. 

:baaaam:

--------------------
“Until they became conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious.”
George Orwell, 1984

Albert Einstein

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Biopsy Method: A different way of doing LC. [Re: Violet]
    #24820388 - 12/02/17 02:17 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Upon reading Mushboy's suggestion of no squirting water at all to cool the needle I decided to give it a try. It works just the same. I just never gave it a second thought, if it ain't broke...

Can see the benefits of no squirting water to cool the needle, less dicking around.

Now I poke an uncolonized part of the agar, a quick poke to cool it down a tad, and then poke a spot of the culture. Op updated.

Also and again, I want to stress the importance of using a thin sharp needle. I really think it reduces the risks a lot if we compare it with a wide blunt needle. Also, blunt needles squirt a fat jet of water with less control and that can't be good. A quick squirt from a thin needle to inoculate the broth ftw.

Quote:

Violet said:
Those look so sharp. Almost makes me wanna order malt.

No joke, have you tasted LME? It's yummy and addicting as hell. I can get myc loves it too.
Gotta keep myself from gobbling down half the bottle every time I prep agar or LC. :lol:

--------------------
LC's are easy
Go big with No-pours
Clean yo shit
LAGM '21

PHENO HUNTERS

Invisiblesomegirl
    #24820395 - 12/02/17 02:25 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I used this tek to make a crapload of LCs in centrifuge tubes.  Single use.  It relieved my issue of too many plates ready and not enough jars.  Hoping for faster jar turnover, and no longer have to worry about my plates growing out too far.  Bonus, I can watch all the used plates for pins too.

It was super easy to do.  Have only inoculated with a few so far.  Thanks for the write up.

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Biopsy Method: A different way of doing LC. [Re: somegirl]
    #24820399 - 12/02/17 02:33 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup:

Good idea. LC's stay good at room temp a lot longer than agar. I have to try cold storing LC's in test tubes long term to see how that goes.

I also thought about the applications centrifuge tubes may have for mailing cultures in liquid form. Easy and fast.

--------------------
LC's are easy
Go big with No-pours
Clean yo shit
LAGM '21

PHENO HUNTERS

Invisiblesomegirl
    #24820401 - 12/02/17 02:36 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

They snap into these PCable racks I have, so I can also shake 25 at a time.  I'm planning on storing some in the fridge at some point.  It means I can do all the agar I want now, and grow it out later :smile:

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24820402 - 12/02/17 02:37 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting. Got a pic of that rack? And a link?

--------------------
LC's are easy
Go big with No-pours
Clean yo shit
LAGM '21

PHENO HUNTERS

Invisiblesomegirl
    #24820404 - 12/02/17 02:41 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BI6W0LG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They fit 2 wide in the presto 23qt and can stack.  Press down on the tubes and they snap in.  The rack for the 50ml doesn't have the snap action, at least with my tubes.

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24820411 - 12/02/17 02:47 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm.. does not ship to Spain. I'll shop around to see if I can find something, thanks for the idea.

--------------------
LC's are easy
Go big with No-pours
Clean yo shit
LAGM '21

PHENO HUNTERS

Invisiblevan hattonFacebookDiscord
Still a noob

Loc: its over there!
Trusted Cultivator
    #24820724 - 12/02/17 10:11 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Day 5 no growth which is not a bad thing at all. It's got that weird mod on it so at least the inside stays sterile :rockon:

Another lc finished at 19 days gunna put to agar later. This guy didn't show growth for like 6-7 days so I'm assuming I'll have the same results with the newer ones. The grain is super slow.

Edit: snapped a pic before work of the lc that's done.

--------------------
If I ever give out misinformation please inform me so I can have the correct information. :cheers:

Tmethyl said:
Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked a monotub that wasn't pinning fast enough. The force of the kick rearranged the genetics of the mushrooms, we now call them Penis Envy.

Caps McGee said:
:thumbsup:
Fun part is figuring out what works best for you

Edited by van hatton (12/02/17 10:36 AM)

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: The Biopsy Method: A different way of doing LC. [Re: van hatton]
    #24820789 - 12/02/17 10:59 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I have 2 jars of 400ml worth of LC made this way and I cant even test them as I am down to just a few cups of grains. Guess I need to go scrounge some scrap to make some $ for grains. What really sad is I have some BEAUTIFUL jars knocked up by agar that would make perfect masters and can not expand them either. The struggle, lol.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24821021 - 12/02/17 12:57 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I see the word "test" get repeated incessantly in this thread. How you guys gonna test? By aspirating through a sanitized ship, right? You realize the irony no? You put in danger all your hard work by the meer act of testing the LC and your missing the point so much.

I haven't had anything but success with the poke, clean LC after clean LC. Just follow the tek, get good at agar if you aren't already, poke the culture with a thin needle just once and squirt just a tad of water into the broth. Use LME at first until you gain some confidence.
It is a slow method, but you can cycle it and problem solved.

The only instances where I got bacteria I kinda knew I was gonna get it. It was always a culture that looked sketchy
Quote:

Josex said:
Quote:

mushboy said:
Quote:

Josex said:
myc does not just stay at the very bottom of the jar like a slob

so if its settled its no good?

Yeah that's a bad sign. I just threw an GW LC down the toillet like that, cos my impatient ass can't wait to have an obvious clean culture with a PE clone I have.

If you're gonna make GW LC with sediment that's pretty much the clue that tells you something's fucky, myc settling I mean.
Also, there's a good reason I don't like to add anything to agitate the LC when I make GW with sediment. I want to leave the colony alone doing its thing the first few days. If it's healthy, there should be several puffy balls of myc at the bottom that can grow pretty big with time. If the LC is contaminated, these balls of myc won't grow big, but rather they'll start slowly spreading throughout the bottom and you can tell the myc is weak.
When the puffs look healthy I start swirling the jars daily and the myc will try to colonize the whole LC very actively. It's tough to explain I hope you get what I mean.

Again, LME LC's are very noob friendly in that respect, it is very easy to tell when one is contaminated with bacteria. So if you are not sure you can tell when a GW LC is contaminated I'd rather go the LME route.

Quote:

Josex said:
Nice herrenvolk, glad you made it work. :thumbup:

Quote:

Fungus Mountain said:

Excellent pic, that's clean af. Usually it's impossible to tell from a pic but not this time. That's the kind of healthy puffy balls I was talking about the other day, and no cloudiness caused by bacteria.

If you're starting with this use LME. You can get sediment accidentally with LME also if the pot you use to heat the water or the LC jar aren't really as clean they look, so be thorough. During the prep, put everything that's gonna touch the liquid under the tap, give it a good rinse and don't use anything to dry it and use the utensils when they're still wet.

Let's say you now have a nice and clear LME broth you just inoculated. It's gonna be days until you see growth. In the meantime observe the liquid. Disregard any possible sediment that got in the jar, no matter how small the particles are. Bacteria will form a cloud that is easy to spot. Once you have growth, observe the myc growth and start swirling the jars when you're confident the LC is clean.

With experience, you are gonna learn to spot a bacterial LC reliably and accurately.
Don't be testing LC's just because that's what everybody says you should do, parrots belong in the zoo.

And what if you couldn't spot a bacterial LC and you used it? Well suck it up, trash your shit and start anew. Experience gained, it isn't the end of the world.

--------------------
LC's are easy
Go big with No-pours
Clean yo shit
LAGM '21

PHENO HUNTERS

Edited by Josex (12/02/17 01:14 PM)

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #24821027 - 12/02/17 01:01 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I test a questionable LC on one jar and wait before using it on 10+.
Sometimes I don't test at all lol

--------------------
Everything you need in one spot.

My Q&A thread. Ask me questions here rather than in Private Message
Bod's chat thread

BTC: 1G7roCpYmNp4VqnKySQeBkaFTc7JMzKLpL
ETH: 0x2091cE981af8129986C50AC0818e1aCA76076768
DOGE: DQNyGtUNHwYUrGECag1VRmMcf6QVeTY4V1

InvisibleFungus Mountain
Poke-N-Squirt
 User Gallery

Re: The Biopsy Method: A different way of doing LC. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24829236 - 12/06/17 06:52 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

2 weeks and it's looking good. Time to cook some grain. :grin:

--------------------
George Orwell, 1984

Albert Einstein

InvisibleMateja
 User Gallery

#24829349 - 12/06/17 09:08 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

A week in, have to say my culture looks more like blenderless LI than LC. This culture doesnt stick together in one pience ever, I swirl a few seconds once a day, have two of these jars they look the same. This is shortly after a swirl.

--------------------
Water Tub

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Biopsy Method: A different way of doing LC. [Re: Mateja]
    #24829601 - 12/06/17 12:07 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

You don't have cube myc there. Inoculating through a ship again? Using that bacterial culture you said you used to inoculate? Follow the tek dude, you aren't doing this tek.

--------------------
LC's are easy
Go big with No-pours
Clean yo shit
LAGM '21

PHENO HUNTERS

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies