Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: karode13]
    #24713505 - 10/16/17 06:37 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

You are actually the first one that told me that.

The rain helped spread all the goodness around. If,not,for,it, i would have waited alot longer to see the results. It all worked out for the better.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: ferrel_human]
    #24713756 - 10/16/17 10:02 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Whoa ferrel, im digging the late night leaf show :grin: what strain is the middle plant w the largest leaves? And much obliged on the iron nutes, ill pick some up soon.

And nice info bomb karode :super: a few of my leafy plants are experiencing this currently... interestingly enough, i have a small gardenia that seems to be fighting (what appears to be) the same issue. You mention chelated Mag., but how does Magnesium sulfate (aka Epson Salts) compare? Ive used epson salt for foilar feeding in the past and i recall it doing the plants nicely. Although i dont think it was for the same issue ( sry this was well over ten years ago :tongue: i wanna say it was for upwards leaf curling and a stall in vigor). It makes sense that Mg would be such an important nutrient since an Mg atom rest in the center of every chlorophyll cell in every photosynthesizing plant (or perhaps even any cyanobacteria as well)

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

InvisibleSky Walker
Vulture of Culture
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #24713816 - 10/16/17 10:34 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I'm in Texas and it has starting to feel a bit cold, kratom wise. Anyone else in or around Texas/North America area?  I'm just wondering if it is time to bring my baby inside.  I'm about to move and don't have a proper grow light yet so ideally I would like to leave her outside for as long as possible, but if its ideal that she come in, ill go throw down on the light and set up shop.

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: Sky Walker]
    #24713953 - 10/16/17 11:40 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Im in deep south texas. They go decidusous round here. Come back to life in spring.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

InvisibleSky Walker
Vulture of Culture
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#24714165 - 10/16/17 01:08 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Here is my baby, which I was inquiring about bring inside. Any ideas what she needs, if anything?  She's starting to getting a bit of yellowing as you can make out in this picture (sorry about shitty quality).  You can also see that it has just started to have some curling of the leaves.  Any ideas at all are appreciated.  I think it could be a little healthier.

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: Sky Walker]
    #24714334 - 10/16/17 02:12 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

^^^ It doesn't look so bad. Usually when they are about that size the new forming leaves on the top start getting bigger than that. I wonder if your soil is a little alkaline. But, it's October and it's time for kratom to start going to sleep for the winter, so don't expect much until next summer.

--------------------

Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX
Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: JizzMasterZero] * 2
    #24714644 - 10/16/17 04:07 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I have not checked my plants in 5 or 6 days..was out of town for fishing tournament. But here's a shot of one of the trunks before I left. Interesting pattern on this one(at least I think so lol)
Glad that iron worked for you FH.  I'll let yall know how the acidic liquid iron works on mine. I'm sure they are not happy about the drier wind that's blown in.

@ sky walker move it inside on cold days/nights to a south facing window and back outside after the fronts blow through and the temperature warms up and humidity rises. I did that with mine when it was smallish and it dropped a lot of leafs but kept trying to grow and had a jump start to spring.

--------------------
Trade list

Need kratom? Message me now.

OfflineMicaele
Cannabis connoisseur
Male

Loc: Northern Europe
Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: pinedownpioneer]
    #24715731 - 10/17/17 12:44 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Incredible trunk, pinedownpioneer.
Treated m'gal to a new pot and a bigger dome. She did get a big stressed out, but a few mists and some hours later she seemed fine with it.

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #24715773 - 10/17/17 02:05 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Lipa Kreepa said:

And nice info bomb karode :super: a few of my leafy plants are experiencing this currently... interestingly enough, i have a small gardenia that seems to be fighting (what appears to be) the same issue. You mention chelated Mag., but how does Magnesium sulfate (aka Epson Salts) compare? I've used epson salt for foilar feeding in the past and i recall it doing the plants nicely. Although i dont think it was for the same issue ( sry this was well over ten years ago :tongue: i wanna say it was for upwards leaf curling and a stall in vigor). It makes sense that Mg would be such an important nutrient since an Mg atom rest in the center of every chlorophyll cell in every photosynthesizing plant (or perhaps even any cyanobacteria as well)

Epsom salts is what I use. Bought off the shelf in the supermarket, or a chemist should have it. 2 tablespoons to 10 litres of water. Stir it up and the crystals will dissolve. Water the soil at the roots and also over the foliage, if it's not too hot.

Gardenia benefit from a complete fertiliser. That is, a good range of NPK and micro nutrients. It will contain Magnesium and Calcium but the general purpose garden fertilisers often don't contain enough. There is complete fertilisers for Gardenia but even they sometimes don't meet the plant's needs and so you sometimes need to supplement with Mg.

Also fertilise regularly instead of once or twice. Use a quarter or half the recommended rate and apply more frequently. Work off the rates and times on the label and then do the math to split that time and weight up for the season. Or freestyle if you're experienced.<<Not for unexperienced/n00bs or if you're unsure.

I don't have the time to go over Interveinal chlorosis in depth but I did drop some hints in my previous post about things you'll learn if you research it yourself. Sometimes it's even a pH problem, which Calcium or sulphur can fix. Mulching with compost is another good way to correct things. I just think learning about this deficiency if you're a gardener will really help you in this lovely quest we all seem to find our selves on. :smile:

Sorry about the off topic....It's getting warm here and a few days ago I cut out all the deadwood in my kratom, weeded it, replaced the the soil on top with fresh soil and gave it a feed and seaweed treatment. Waiting for bursting of leaves that inevitably comes at this time of year.

--------------------

Offlinemrmazdarx9
Pffffttt

Loc: behind you Flag
Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: karode13]
    #24716999 - 10/17/17 02:30 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

My pot of kratom getting bigger gonna have to split these puppies up

--------------------
COCA GROWERS come here and share your knowledge
COCA GROWERS UNITE
:penis:Click here for UK trades:penis:
:penis: need some supplies in the UK check Here or PM me:penis:
UK OTD uk members chat
UK supplies and trade OTD place to chat shit
Right Here
If you use "SWIM" you should DROWN

InvisibleLifeUnderAwno

Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! *DELETED* [Re: mrmazdarx9]
    #24717050 - 10/17/17 02:54 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by LifeUnderAwno

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery

Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: LifeUnderAwno]
    #24717099 - 10/17/17 03:21 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LifeUnderAwno said:
@Pinedownpioneer, beautiful kratom tree you have there! Looks like little lichens are starting to form. What climate zone do you live in? Do you do anything besides water and fertilizer for your tree? such as misting or clipping, etc...

I am also interested to know what season or time of the year it tends to flower, and when it forms seed. Do you know offhand what would be the most "in season" time to buy seed or pick seeds from a large specimen like that?

You might not be able to answer all those questions, but I appreciate any response!

Thanks, it has not flowered yet..hopefully next year I get a few trees to flower and produce viable seed.  No misting required it's very humid here on the Gulf Coast.  I'm in usda zone 9a/b right on the border between those 2 zones. I water, feed, and take cuttings. And kill mealy bugs when I see them.

--------------------
Trade list

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24719635 - 10/18/17 02:40 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

It's a sad day, I brought all of my plants inside today. It's been in the mid 40's here the past few nights, but a few of my very smallest kratom plants took some mild damage last night. So now my plants are back in the basement, where they were when I first started posting on this forum.

The cacti will come inside, or in my garage, in a few weeks.

--------------------

Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery

Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: JizzMasterZero]
    #24719797 - 10/18/17 03:29 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Dedication! :thumbup:

--------------------
Trade list

OfflineMicaele
Cannabis connoisseur
Male

#24722181 - 10/19/17 02:31 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

The new set of top leaves on my plant have holes and scorches as seen below. I could need some help identifying the problem.

I've checked all leaves for bugs trying to snack on my girl, nothing.
She has had about as much light as usual the last couple of days - so that suggests to me that it may not be caused my too much light. However, I have lowered the her daily amount of light hours, just in case.
She did get repotted a few days ago, perhaps the combination of a new leaf set and the stress of repotting wasn't what she needed?
I've checked the pH levels, and they're around 6±0.5, which is fine.

Perhaps I'm just over paranoid, but I don't want to lose her.

Offlinepinedownpioneer
Male User Gallery

Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: Micaele]
    #24722329 - 10/19/17 03:27 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

Did the humidity dip real low?

--------------------
Trade list

OfflineMicaele
Cannabis connoisseur
Male

#24722357 - 10/19/17 03:35 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

The humidity is high. It's under a glass doom standing on a heatmat.

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: Micaele]
    #24722374 - 10/19/17 03:41 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

In my experience this is caused by spidermites, but if you're sure it's not it then maybe overfertilizing or just transplanting shock. Next set of leaves should be normal.

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineMicaele
Cannabis connoisseur
Male

Re: Mitragyna Growers Unite! [Re: MeanGreen]
    #24722393 - 10/19/17 03:47 PM (6 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure it's not spider mites. So probably stress from the transplanting. I'll just have to wait and see.
Thank you for the support

OfflineBumbaclotjohnson
Sequoia Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #24731233 - 10/23/17 10:00 AM (6 years, 5 months ago)

These plants like iron?
Quote:

ferrel_human said:
The brood.

The hirsuta and bumble bee look great. The rifat and green malaysian,not so much. Im gonna hit the nursery tomorrow for some liquid iron.

--------------------
FREE PRINTS

I lie a lot on the internet.

:mushroom2:    trade list      :mushroom2:
                                          :noargument:                                                                            :god2:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf